Author Topic: Is it good to use CIT platform to practice your English language skill?  (Read 709 times)

Offline Ths

• AvidaCompany Leader
  • Senior Community Member
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    Years
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Ths
Greetings,

For me, after using the CIT platform over the past few years, I barely see my improvements better than before. Sometimes it makes the person have confidence in himself/herself to speak English, but on the contrary, the players make more toxicity and arrogant. They pulled down some of the players when their English isn't good like for example: ''Fix your grammar before you talk ''.

I'm gonna ask the question again  it is good or bad to use CIT platform to practice your English language skills?
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Well it's obviously not the best source of learning but if it's what players have access to / are motivated to learn for then yeah. Someone did actually thank the community for their English skill improving because it gave them an English score high enough to do a course (IIRC it was training to be a doctor) so CIT actually completely changed their life for the better.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline WooDy

• Guard_Ghosts Founder
  • Regular Community Member
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: WooDy
It is a good place to practice your English not only the writing skills but also your conversational skills. I didn't deny that I learned and practice English in the community which helped me to improve my English. I'm not a perfect English user but I can deal with my daily work without any issues.

Offline Tequila

• New Community Member
  • Always strive and prosper
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
Like for real yea it really helps us to practice our English language skills as you can communicate with different type of people in CIT, and it really improves your English skills, though it really depends on you on how you can take those words with toxicity.
Bikers Forever, Forever Bikers
My Lifetime Brothers Over Anything

Offline Marky'

• Junior Community Member
  • when the sun shine we shine together
    YearsYears
  • Group: AC/CHM
  • Ingame: [CHM]Marky|AC
  • Squad: Elixir
yea, CIT really help us to improve and practice our english language skills and makes us motivate to communicate with different types of people in CIT, I don't really deny that I learned and practice my english skills just to communicate in the community, and CIT really help me to improve my english skills.

"If You Can't Fly, Run, If You Can't Run, Walk, If You Can't Walk, Crawl, But By All Means Keep Moving." Marky'
May 8th:  @Marky' Added as Trial DJ -- FeRoX
Marky added as Filipino helper. (29.04.2021 GMs + Counter + Traxex)
May 10th: @Marky' Accepted for JCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep

Offline Kenz

• AC Founder
  • Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CHM/AC
I can definitely say yes, for the past years I've been part of this community I can say that their are a lot of things changed within my english skills, especially on how I communicate with other people not just in this game but in the reality, I've been more confident than before, CIT serves as a great ground for us who seeks to be more fluent and gain more knowledge about the english language.

Offline Raffaell

• New Community Member
  • One of the best sex racers:33
    Years
  • Ingame: Mlem
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
Yes if im not at the server
Show content
Do not be horny bois

Offline Babushka

• CIT News Publisher
  • Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
I am playing on this server since 2015 when I was in 7th grade, I guess my English improved because of this including both reading and typing. Participating in Discussions and Debates is also helpful to improve your English and vocabulary. Although, it's not a good excuse to play online games  :P
SAPD Officer
CIT News Headlines Publisher
Car Shaders / CITy Zones Designer
- Added new paintjobs for Patriot, Cybertruck, Buffalo, Sultan RS, Turismo. (Brian + Predator + Babushka)

Offline Mitrok

• Guard_Ghosts Co-Founder
  • Donator L1
  • Mitrok aka Playtime:9
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Mitrok
You can learn English anywhere you just have to know how to use a certain platform properly. I honestly learned a lot from this game since I  have interest learning English language because it's important in our country especially if you are going to study in university. So, I can count this as a yes for me as it helped me a lot with my vocabulary.
Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo

Offline XaQy

• New Community Member
  • WolvesGeniuses Founder
    YearsYears
  • Group: WolvesGeniuses
  • Squad: BrazilliLaGGers
Definitely, I learned English from CIT, I didn't learned english in school, CIT helped me alot to improve it and be curious to study this language more often, this language is rly important, no matter in which country you live, it isn't the most beatiful language to speak but it is useful.
Pick up Artist Master.
My master: Erik von Markovik

Offline Ths

• AvidaCompany Leader
    Years
You can learn English anywhere you just have to know how to use a certain platform properly. I honestly learned a lot from this game since I  have interest learning English language because it's important in our country especially if you are going to study in university. So, I can count this as a yes for me as it helped me a lot with my vocabulary.
If there is  a people learn by visualizing things in terms of English learning of course there is a people  too that who can learn English by speaking out of it by being confidently what he/she say. You can learn English by also trying to speak even thought it's not perfect.
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
  • Squad: FAME
Any English speaking internet community will help you to boost your English skills. Although CIT lacks of high level English speakers, it'll help you to get on the track to then improve it elsewhere, don't rely on CIT to level up your vocabulary or grammar. For some, reading and writing is enough, but don't think that improving your English skills on internet will improve your speaking skills, pronunciation is a whole different story.

Offline Ths

• AvidaCompany Leader
    Years
Any English speaking internet community will help you to boost your English skills. Although CIT lacks of high level English speakers, it'll help you to get on the track to then improve it elsewhere, don't rely on CIT to level up your vocabulary or grammar. For some, reading and writing is enough, but don't think that improving your English skills on internet will improve your speaking skills, pronunciation is a whole different story.
Have you tried to use discord to communicate with your member or friend using voice chat? if not then try it then tell me English speaking skills is not related in CIT.
« Last Edit: 29 05, 2021, 02:59:50 am by Ths »
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
  • Squad: FAME
Have you tried to use discord to communicate with your member or friend using voice chat? if not then try it then tell me English speaking skills is not related in CIT.

You should first learn how to read before even minding your speaking skills, I don't think you've understood anything I said on CIT in my previous reply. Good luck learning how to properly speak English on CIT discord.

Offline JohnWick

• New Community Member
  • ALLAH KERIM FATIH TERIM
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: JohnWick
  • Squad: The Society
Depends on people, I've improved my English skills in this server doubtless. Playing games and watching movies are the best methods of learning a new language for sure.  I remember the first day I've joined this server, I had nothing about English hahaha
The google translate was always open on the back screen while I was playing CIT in my first 2 or 3 years here. I've improved my English skills by translating everything I saw in-game, even though those words do not concern me.
I remember the people who made fun of my English capability in my first years in CIT but now, I thank them to motivate me well.

Victory is for those who can say “Victory is mine”. Success is for those who can begin saying “I will succeed.” and say “I have succeeded.” in the end.                                                                                                                                                                      -Mustafa Kemal Atatürk