Author Topic: Error loading 'CefWeb' module  (Read 1501 times)

Offline ixi910

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
Error loading 'CefWeb' module
« on: 10 07, 2021, 07:05:24 pm »
Hey,
for the past 3 weeks I've had this problem that I can't join the game and get the error message "Error loading 'CefWeb' module! The specified module could not be found"
I've tried reinstalling both GTA and MTA but it still doesn't work. What's even weirder is that the CefWeb.dll file is located in the right MTA folder. There is a solution proposal in this topic and on this website and I've tried everything on those websites but nothing so far has been working. I ran an antivirus as well and nothing came up so I have no idea what this could be or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated

I also did the MTADiagnostics thing, the result of which is here and it may be the case that the missing D3D9.dll file is the problem, but I'm not really sure and Im also not sure how to get that file. From what I understood, you get it by reinstalling DirectX, which Ive also done but that hasnt helped so far.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
Re: Error loading 'CefWeb' module
« Reply #1 on: 15 07, 2021, 11:54:41 am »
Which Windows version are you using? Is it 32 bit or 64? According to ccw on the MTA:SA forums, this issue could be a result of MTA running out of address space, it mostly happens on a 32 bit version of Windows.

ccw's solution for this is as follows:
1) Settings->Advanced->Fast CJ clothes loading->Off
2) Settings->Advanced->Streaming memory->Min
3) Remove all GTA:SA graphic mods (GTA:SA reinstall is ideal)

But please, check the original post for more information:
https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/78081-32-bit-windows-crashing/

Offline ixi910

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
Re: Error loading 'CefWeb' module
« Reply #2 on: 16 07, 2021, 12:20:06 pm »
I fixed the problem I think. It was just an antivirus software blocking a certain .dll file (though it was a different one than what the error message was showing but oh well).

You can lock this I guess
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager