Author Topic: (Forum) add feature to EMBED INSTAGRAM on forum.  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
(Forum) add feature to EMBED INSTAGRAM on forum.
« on: 21 07, 2021, 03:02:07 pm »
As we can embed video on forum from YouTube I am thinking about the Instagram feature. So, with this we can embed the Instagram content on forum. This will help to develop our Instagram page with a new post and information and synchronized the Forum to our Instagram page.

This modification adds a BBCode to view Instagram videos and pictures.

The BBCode takes these forms:
Code: [Select]
[instagram]instagram ID[/instagram]
[instagram width=x height=y]instagramID[/instagram]
where {instagram ID} is the 21wUvaPwwB part of the [URL removed due it automatically placing the instagram and I don't want that shit on the homepage] URL, and x and y are parameters supporting both pixel and percentages for width and height (respectively).

Source of this mod :
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4059
Compatible with our forum.
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2021, 04:21:45 pm by Arran »
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Softg

• New Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: Wolves
  • Ingame: Soft
Re: (Forum) add feature to EMBED INSTAGRAM on forum.
« Reply #1 on: 21 07, 2021, 04:37:21 pm »
Upvoting this idea seems to be fresh and isn't hard to add it as you shared the bbc code and script

Offline Ninjazyx

• Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: zyx
« Reply #2 on: 21 07, 2021, 05:03:49 pm »
Genius ! , excellent idea mate this can be developed very well, in hope it makes forum media more alive, totally supporting since insta is kinda clean from drama politics etc but we have to make sure we dont see nudity and similar stuff as far as I remember arran wanna keep the forum clean.
Enlightenment is knowing the value of one’s ignorance.
~ Lee Sin

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #3 on: 21 07, 2021, 08:13:55 pm »
Yes, after the CIT Instagram was officially announced as the part of the server with a given team and board, I think it will be very useful for the community to embed Instagram posts in the forum to show off in game stuff or any funny meme etc., for example, under general chat section. This will enable the community to share more media through that platform.

However, as Ninja mentioned above, some of those rules has to be implemented in order to keep the notoriety of rulebreakers and trollers in check within the forum. Other than that, a solid idea, given that, Coke already posted the scripts of it and the forum already supports them.

Definitely bringing my thumbs up :tick: on this suggestion, good luck!
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Feeling good, man!
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #4 on: 22 07, 2021, 01:45:23 pm »
Genius ! , excellent idea mate this can be developed very well, in hope it makes forum media more alive, totally supporting since insta is kinda clean from drama politics etc but we have to make sure we dont see nudity and similar stuff as far as I remember arran wanna keep the forum clean.

People will not use this for something abusable. Since we already good rules for that.

Upvoting this idea seems to be fresh and isn't hard to add it as you shared the bbc code and script
I am still waiting if this is posibble to get added.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Smith.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #5 on: 22 07, 2021, 02:50:42 pm »
This is a new page for Instagram interest page, I think it looks interesting and new. I want to add to this and I believe it would be good for everyone if this system was bad. Other members can add comments. But I think it's good for everyone. Positive rating.  :tick:

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #6 on: 24 07, 2021, 04:07:31 pm »
Well, this suggestion will make more CIT Instagram alive in forum because some of player in server are using forum all the time and if this one get added it will be more active, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #7 on: 24 07, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
It didn't work for me because adblock blocks it. Disable your adblocks on here (since we don't have any adverts).
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2021, 04:18:50 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.