Switch When Shooting: No
65 (2.6%)
Projectile Cool Down: Yes
95 (3.8%)
Projectile Cool Down: No
128 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Voting closed: 16 08, 2021, 09:10:01 pm

Author Topic: [+++] Removing LV Preference  (Read 9611 times)

Offline GoldNugget

• Senior Community Member
  • Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
Re: [+++] Removing LV Preference
« Reply #60 on: 11 08, 2021, 04:53:50 pm »
The thing is that I said poll "could be done", because after removing LV preferences people would be able to suggest any LV changes or additions on discussion board separately. Did I mention anywhere that a forum poll is anything better than the preferences we have currently in-game? No, let's just get rid of preferences first and then we discuss on changing or adding anything new.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline MaX15

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: MaX15
« Reply #61 on: 11 08, 2021, 08:59:06 pm »
That's not how democracy should work in theory, given the example of the one group and an alliance having control of the "majority" of the player count, it's very clear. Taking into consideration that the system was intended to be used fairly among the players, it is being abused by controlling the gameplay favoring the groups and alliances with a much higher members count. That's also how democracy is being abused at every other community or society, give all the people ability to cast a vote on very influential changes, without demanding or evaluating reasons behind them, and you get some particular group of people influencing every other people's votes to gain advantages for themselves. Democracy's flaws explained on the in-game incidence, what would you not learn by games, huh?
What is the difference between the current in-game preference system and the current poll made? People would still call others to vote, but worse they may even call inactive people/friends with forum accounts to vote on X/Y/Z. Eventfully the current system works better than this whole vote suggest system as it mainly depend on the vote of the majority in LV. And preference enabled by the majority is better than having anything changed to perm by inactive players after being called to vote (I, myself was called to vote in here but I'm expressing my opinion), current system and the way it works by active majority LV players is better than any other changes like this.

Would it be fair if you had LS players voting all over here to keep classic LV as perm change and remove the binds? atleast in-game when they do that it, they be representing the majority of LV and accordingly they vote for specific preference which can be changed if the majority or the rest decided to vote against these preference.

The thing is that I said poll "could be done", because after removing LV preferences people would be able to suggest any LV changes or additions on discussion board separately. Did I mention anywhere that a forum poll is anything better than the preferences we have currently in-game? No, let's just get rid of preferences first and then we discuss on changing or adding anything new.
Yet people are voting on doing some perm changes, not to remove the preference system, then we vote. which is why I'm saying having the ingame preference vote system is way better then the votes being counted in this suggestion
« Last Edit: 11 08, 2021, 09:09:47 pm by MaX15 »

Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #62 on: 11 08, 2021, 10:26:02 pm »
I think I explained well enough that for the sake of removing preferences, everything can be welcomed. After preference removal, you'll be able to open suggestions regarding any feature mentioned in the current poll, thus we'll have non-anonymous voting like on every discussion topic. Also, you can't disallow non-LV player votes, since every player on the server can come to LV and play there, like you can influence voting on every other non-LV related suggestions on discussion board, they can also state their opinions and votes on the LV related suggestions, as long as it's logical and has any thoughtful explanations in it.

Offline Axriz22

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: AcidRain
  • Squad: Invincible
« Reply #63 on: 12 08, 2021, 03:28:58 pm »
l agree too  :tick:

Offline Fury'

• Hug me tight kiss me twice
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #64 on: 13 08, 2021, 08:58:05 am »
I completely agree with all Daddy's preferences and almost all of them are player preferences on current LV :tick:

Offline mx

• New Community Member
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
  • Ingame: 1Omaxd
« Reply #65 on: 13 08, 2021, 01:16:03 pm »
I am supporting daddy's prefences.This is useful to CIT.Positive
takea'seat

Offline Nei0

• New Community Member
  • Feel Pain
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #66 on: 13 08, 2021, 08:39:19 pm »
I agree  :tick:
haters gonna hate.

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #67 on: 14 08, 2021, 11:23:38 am »
Before we created this suggestion, we had a discussion in our discord.
We came here talking about a case that certain groups who have a lot of members can take the advantage to change the whole play-style such as explosive resistance or classic LV.
The same groups INSTEAD of voting ingame in through /settings they came here voting anonymously instead of even posting.
We have 2 days, I won't tell non LV players to come vote, so I can win because we already had enough lv players voted for what lv should be. A certain non-LV groups of can control the gameplay of a whole city.
Good luck for the votes but if Classic LV became permanent. it would be pretty stupid. For more than 5 years we have the binds, so imagine forcing a city full of EXPLOITERS that's how you call them. To play with weapon wheel.

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #68 on: 14 08, 2021, 12:54:02 pm »
Classic LV should literally be excluded from the voting, since it negates almost every other preference listed in the poll.

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #69 on: 14 08, 2021, 02:08:02 pm »
Just wanted to point out that preferences with very close voting results such as 45% vs 55% should be left the way the are right now, as a preference.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #70 on: 14 08, 2021, 02:16:08 pm »
Just wanted to point out that preferences with very close voting results such as 45% vs 55% should be left the way the are right now, as a preference.

Obviously no, since the voting is anonymous and assuming the parties involved into voting on those important changes aren't even associated with LV. Once the preferences will be removed open discussions would be able to point out the the inevitable gameplay changes LV needs. Stop manipulating suggestion with your senseless and illogical ideas, the main point of the topic is to remove every LV preference.
« Last Edit: 14 08, 2021, 02:17:45 pm by GoldNugget »

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #71 on: 14 08, 2021, 02:43:37 pm »
Recast the same vote then and you'd have something like 55% vs 45% in favor for the previously losing preference. If the opinions are equally divided you can't have a concrete answer.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #72 on: 14 08, 2021, 03:14:49 pm »
Recast the same vote then and you'd have something like 55% vs 45% in favor for the previously losing preference. If the opinions are equally divided you can't have a concrete answer.

Doesn't matter, even if the voting will end up that close, preference with the most votes will be chosen as default. Obviously, Classic LV is opted out since, as I said, it disregards every other preference in the poll.

Offline chaiNNAlAzim07

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: chaiNN07
  • Squad: Impacted
« Reply #73 on: 14 08, 2021, 10:44:37 pm »
vote/poll system can be faked by a bunch of players (groups) it's just like mentioning @everyone on the discord server and say "GO vote for x and y shit", and no, this shit can't be done.

if preferences are still used such as classic LV or LV sea sparrow and etc... then you can't just remove them in order to serve your own purposes and fuck others', I don't know how this topic still opened but I think if the other side of LV doesn't want the "Preference" system anymore then it's their problems, Preference system allows the majority to vote on what gameplay they want, therefore I will never agree on this.

believe me, if pr system got removed then watch the chaos days later on this board, it'll be a mess, think twice before taking such a movement.
« Last Edit: 14 08, 2021, 10:49:26 pm by chaiNNito7 »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #74 on: 16 08, 2021, 10:41:21 pm »
- Disabled all LV preferences, replaced with permanent settings based on the forum vote. (Arran + daddy)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.