Author Topic: [++] Disabling MG in CEs  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Monster

• Regular Community Member
  • Don't be a boss, be a leader.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Monster
Re: Disabling MG in CEs
« Reply #15 on: 12 08, 2021, 08:38:40 am »
 I guess things will be more interesting if we removed MG, whatever, I can't imagine exactly what will be the scene if we disabled it, if we can just disable it for a week, and then gather community members' opinions will be a great thing to do, just as we did with Jetpack for cops. I'm personally Positive with this.

Former FBI's Director, and current ADV.
Ex INTERPOL squad Overseer and current Advisor
Ex Anti_Riot_Squad Founder

Offline Mitrok

• Donator L1
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Mitrok
« Reply #16 on: 12 08, 2021, 11:57:35 am »
Well we already have the preferences about Minigun from /settings. That is why that preference is added because of something like this. Most of the players mostly prefers having to use miniguns in this kind of situation. But in my opinion it should be disabled in CEs as the places are too thin or not that spacious to work with the Minigun meaning it will be OP. This has been there for generations and it is never removed.
Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #17 on: 12 08, 2021, 12:50:24 pm »
I am against disabling specific weapon, just to make CEs easier than what it is. You might have to find another solution rather than this. Furthermore, MG is something useful in CEs since ages. My vote is negative.

Offline Rahul

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Not Easy Being Meh
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Rahul
  • Squad: idklol
« Reply #18 on: 12 08, 2021, 01:51:10 pm »
I am against disabling specific weapon, just to make CEs easier than what it is. You might have to find another solution rather than this. Furthermore, MG is something useful in CEs since ages. My vote is negative.
This surely seems very hard.

I don't get where's the hard part, just standing and shooting. Camping at a place making the CEs boring as hell. Players just camp at a place for the whole CE and ruin all the fun. I'm Positive  :tick:
"If you can't explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough."

Offline Farhan

• Official CE & AR Map Editor
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Farhan
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #19 on: 12 08, 2021, 02:56:49 pm »
Hello there,

Probably this type of discussion is opend on favour of Criminals, but that doesn't mean all want it. Disabling Miniguns in CEs means Criminals are able to rush whenever they want and they will be unstopppable from their push since the only way cops can stop the criminals push is holding miniguns somewhere, LAW side isn't even saying anything about that they are outnumbered 70% of times but you actually asking to disable MGs to LOSE all their chances. I advice you to don't think it only in Criminals favour please.  :cros:
What are you even talking about mate? How is it in favour of any team when it will be disabled for everyone inside CE? If you have any knowledge about CEs you will know that there is a team balancing script in CEs which keep the difference of 2-3 in each team… and how can MG stop a push? There is 5 mins anti rush too which can help any team to not get rushed… you literally have no knowledge what you are talking about but still some people must reply to get forum post count and a community rank… I am talking about a serious problem which is ruining CEs and I don’t care about a specific weapon to be disabled instead of ruining the whole event… People who don’t know how to play with skills and tactics can literally cannot play with MG either so you argument doesn’t make any sense at all.

Once again, If you don’t play CEs daily then please don’t reply here with no knowledge about it since you have no idea what’s happening in there.
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 02:59:29 pm by Farhan-Khan »

Offline Talha

• L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: 12 08, 2021, 03:28:36 pm »
First of all, it's so funny how some civilians are talking about MGs in CEs while they don't even play criminal events at all. You can still use MG even if it's disabled (Preference). Source:
Show content
(It is indeed a bug)

Yesterday, when I played in DFR 20+ cops and 20+ crims were spamming MGs for 25 minutes. We even tried to rush but that didn't go successful. All we had to do was to wait for the CE to end. Also, this happens every 1/2 CE. Thus, I gotta vote positive for this one.

Probably this type of discussion is opend on favour of Criminals.

This is an advantage for cops.  My vote is negative.

Show content

Offline Vermouth

• The Enigmatic
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vermouth
« Reply #21 on: 12 08, 2021, 03:40:42 pm »
It'd be a good idea to remove MGs from the CE, as the criminals and cops just camping in their place and spamming MGs only, like that lol:

Also, cuz of the MGs, the duration of the crime events has become long cuz criminals and cops fighting by using MGs only from a distance, and this is what makes the event boring and difficult to get kills.
So, i'm voting Positive.
“Games don't make you violent, lag does.”

Offline Dread

• DeltaTeam General
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: 12 08, 2021, 03:53:42 pm »
Minigun is for unskilled players who just want to camp at the corners and spam it, not to mention that the gun holds 9000 bullets with no reload, also that weird animation when you get shot by MG. Disabling it will make CEs less boring, therefore, I am voting positive for obvious reasons.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #23 on: 12 08, 2021, 03:58:39 pm »
How do cops gain advantage by disabling MGs for everyone inside CE?

I'm adding :what: as a smiley!

On topic: I trust Farhan-Khan with the server's CE so of-course I trust his opinion that MG's are bad for CE's.

:tick:
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Emberthal

• Scalecommander
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Emberthal
  • Squad: Hold_On
« Reply #24 on: 12 08, 2021, 04:01:19 pm »
I avoid CE's due to their long duration cuz of the MG spam that's going on inside, making rushing something impossible at times, disabling MG's would bring a welcomed change in CE's, cuz it wouldn't be a mindless MG spam, but an actual gun fight, as CE's SHOULD BE. Positive.
Show content
Those who say crims or cops will have an advantage, you guys know what are you talking about or just throwing a hissy fit? :what:
The Scalecommander of the Ebon Scales

Offline Talha

• L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: 12 08, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »
"Civilians" dude, do you know that "CIVILIANS" can play As Cop/Crim? I'm a player which been long time in Law side, but even if im in a Civilian group doesn't mean I have 0 experience of CnR system, you don't even know what im talking about here, please avoid calling peoples in that way. Thank you!
I said SOME civilians, not every civilian. Could you please read every reply carefully? plus I never mentioned that civilians can't play as cop/crim. Stop bragging about things that aren't even related...
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 04:11:30 pm by Talha-Khan »

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #26 on: 12 08, 2021, 04:41:17 pm »
This has been there for generations and it is never removed.

Actually, MGs had been disabled on CEs 5 or more years ago, for quite a while.

Well, experimenting with things that may improve the CE situation is always welcoming. After evaluating the MGs role in CEs I'm sure to say that the difference would be noticeable after disabling them. My vote is yes.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
« Reply #27 on: 12 08, 2021, 04:45:32 pm »
Miniguns make me sick while playing, I actually would like seeing players use other weapons that don't cause you to stuck or get bugged while moving, etc.

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #28 on: 12 08, 2021, 05:11:48 pm »
If you could disable the freeze animation you get upon being hit by MGs it would be a lot better, but unfortunately Arran confirmed that this is impossible. Minigun's DPS is almost unrivaled by any other gun, therefore I completely agree that it's ruining CEs and making them a lot longer and more repetitive than they should be. Yes.

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
« Reply #29 on: 12 08, 2021, 05:13:28 pm »
:tick:

This is a huge yes from me. Ever since MGs were added to the server criminal events haven't been the same, and whenever I complain about this ridiculous weapon people just tell me to buy it as well, but that's not the point. I do have the money to afford it, but it is such a crappy weapon to use, all you do is stand there and spam some corner where enemies might show up. It doesn't require any skills at all, you barely need to aim, just make sure your crosshair placement is somewhere where enemies will show up, and you might get some kills. I did purchase it a few years ago, used it for a couple of minutes and got extremely bored.

It doesn't feel right, not like using other weapons, and the server has plenty for us to have fun. Miniguns should be disabled in general to be honest, there's no point in having them. But I'm guessing this suggestion will get a lot of hate, since some people just can't seem to be able to play without a minigun. Disabling them would make criminal events a lot more fun to attend.  Players would be using other guns that they haven't used in a while, and it would totally change the pace of the heist, which means that the side that wins is the one with the most skillful or most players, not the amount of miniguns that they have spamming each other.