Author Topic: Cleaning Up Storage & Useless Files  (Read 13 times)

Offline Clark

• Donator L3
Cleaning Up Storage & Useless Files
« on: Today at 08:21:07 pm »
I feel like I am spamming this board but every time I am writing up one thing another thing comes to mind that can help someone in the community.

This one is a short one, and is the simplest out of all the tutorials I have ever made. These files we are about to clean up are useless and pointless. They take up space on your storage and cause stutters and lag. For some of you it will make a significant difference since you might have not cleaned them out at all throughout years and years of using your PC because we think oh if we throw this shit into recycle bin and then clear the recycle bin it will all get deleted, but no.

So head over to your task bar and click the windows button. Or you can also click the Windows button on your keyboard. When it pops up search for "Run". Open it up.
Show content

Then a little box will come up like this, you want to type in exactly "%temp%" and hit OK.
Show content

You will be redirected to a folder located God knows where in your computer. This folder hold temporary files in your PC, which are of no use to any of you. So press on the very first file that pops up in that folder and press CNTRL + A , it will select all of the files and just right click delete it.
Show content

Don't forget to clean out your recycle bin right after you delete all these files or else this will all be useless! Some of your files will date back years and years so you wanna make sure to clean these up once a month or twice a month depending how much you use your computer.

Just like always, don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding your PC, I would love to help you out!

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
Re: Cleaning Up Storage & Useless Files
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:10:37 pm »
I believe it's easier just to search 'Delete temporary files' on the start menu, which will open window where you can select which type of files to delete and it will automatically search for useless files and also Windows update files which can take up A LOT of space.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.