Support > Forum Guides

[TUT] How to achieve Junior/Regular/Senior Community Member forum ranks

<< < (2/14) > >>

Fuego:
I listen through this and this is the effect. Now I got JCM, Thankyou for your guide @ExiSenza .

R2003:
so this topic gonna be useless? https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=201791.0

TheHacker:

--- Quote from: CoMraD on 26 10, 2017, 10:29:38 am ---so this topic gonna be useless? https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=201791.0

--- End quote ---
No, it won't. He stated his way. It depends on you which way you want to follow. You can follow both as there is no problem in it. FMMs won't see what way your are using to get Community Rank, they will see your posts quality.

Senza:

--- Quote from: TheHacker on 26 10, 2017, 10:49:13 am --- No, it won't. He stated his way. It depends on you which way you want to follow. You can follow both as there is no problem in it. FMMs won't see what way your are using to get Community Rank, they will see your posts quality.

--- End quote ---
exactly + updated
--- Quote from: Fraudz on 26 10, 2017, 09:11:44 am ---I listen through this and this is the effect. Now I got JCM, Thankyou for your guide @ExiSenza .

--- End quote ---
No Problem and i'm happy for hearing that from you.

Seth:
I've noticed tons of people with these problems so I'll try to focus on these stuff, using proper punctuation affects your chances of being a JCM in a good way.

Punctuation: The proper use of the comma, full stop, and symbols that will make it easier for you to express what you want to say.

* The Comma: "," is used in sentences as a reference of addition, or as a replacement for "and"

- You must a space AFTER the comma, not before and after, just after it.

*Example "Hello there, how are you doing?" is CORRECT.

* WHAT NOT TO DO: " Hello there , how are you doing?" is INCORRECT., "Hello there,how are you doing?" is INCORRECT.

- You must not use a capital letter after a comma! use a small letter instead.

*Example "I'm going home, what about you?" is CORRECT.

*WHAT NOT TO DO: "I'm going home, What about you?" IS INCORRECT.

*You could use a capital letter if it's a name, that's the only exception!

* Full stop: You use it when you finish your sentence, simple as that. You can use more than one full stop in a paragraph.

- Just like the comma, you must leave a space AFTER the full stop.

- You must start with a capital letter after the full stop, unlike the comma.

*Example: "It's been years since I've played that game. Want to play it again?"

NOTE: The question mark (?) and the exclamation mark (!) has the same deal as the full stop.

* Apostrophes: You use this in some situations, for example when you talk about someone's property, or when you merge two words together.

* Examples on the use of Apostrophes:

"I went to John's house yesterday, we played too much video games that we missed class the next day."

" I won't buy this game, I heard that it's full of cheats!" (Replaced "will not" with "won't" and "it is" with "it's")

*INCORRECT APOSTROPHES THAT WERE USED BY MANY PEOPLE: "I wan't some coke", the word "wan't" is incorrect, there's no merge of two words here, therefore the valid thing to say is "want"

Your and You're: "You're" refers to "You are" when you are telling someone about himself, "Your" is when you tell someone about something he have.

*Examples: "You're gonna do your homework or I'll take away your phone!"

* Capital letters and small letters in a sentence:

- You only use the capital letters when you're starting a sentence, or after a full stop. (or a question mark/exclamation mark)

"Are you staying here for a while? I'll go home in some minutes.."

- Or saying a name, for example "John, Friday, September, Add"  *" Hello, your name is Add, right?" " I was born in September."  "I'm going to the cinema this Friday!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version