Author Topic: Having packet loss recently  (Read 312 times)

Offline Liberty

• New Community Member
  • Every dark night there is a brighter day
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Liberty
  • Squad: KRT
Having packet loss recently
« on: 24 02, 2023, 10:59:21 am »
Hi, few days ago I have high packet loss even until now everytime when I log in. So, I log in and always get overall packet loss 1.50% or higher sometimes 2.00% but my ping is behaving normally.. my ping is usually 170+ which is normal no issue with this. But, I see other player's movement a bit laggy as in like example.. it shows the person go straight actually its not he went other direction moments later.

My packet loss when I log in:
Show content

My packet loss after 30 mins staying in the server:
Show content

I asked one of the staff about this issue and he/she said that I should contact my ISP about this issue. I did contact the ISP and they said to unplug cables router etc.. and they even told me to use command prompt to ping to google or cloud something and the result shows I had 0% packet loss. But, when I enter the server and log in I have packet loss idk why.. I never encounter this problem before this is the first time im facing this. How do I solve this issue?

Offline Waltz

• Senior Community Member
  • beauty of annihilation
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: waltz / 115
Re: Having packet loss recently
« Reply #1 on: 24 02, 2023, 11:03:11 am »
It might be a problem in server files, did you tried to delete and download it again?
There is only one dominant life form in this universe, and it carries a steel-barreled sword of vengeance.

Offline Justice

• The Jurist
  • GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Justice|xC
« Reply #2 on: 24 02, 2023, 11:09:03 am »
The main cause of this problem is your internet connection. There is a lot of traffic going on in your ISP network that is why you're encountering this type of problems. Try to reset your router every now and then. Also, try to remove/close all the background applications that may be running on your system. Just press Win key and search background apps then turn it off (e.g. background downloads, automated updates to games and apps, or browser tabs streaming video or audio.). Close any application in your system tray as well that you won't be using while playing CIT. If it doesn't fix it, go to your router and try different ports, turn off router > re-plugin ethernet cable to other ports > wait 10 seconds > turn it on > and repeat (if it doesn't get fixed).

Wish this may solve your problem.

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Offline Apollo

• The Warlord
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • "Rules are invalid in our streets!"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th St. Gang
  • Ingame: Apollo
  • Squad: Vintage
« Reply #3 on: 24 02, 2023, 08:06:20 pm »
Your ping is not okay at all, having such high levels of ping for a long period of time while playing causes many issues to your game alongside with the delayed actions you take. Try to close any applications that might run to the backround like Steam, Windows support, or any other application that might starts any kind of updates automatically.

Offline Lucifer.

• FBI Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Your local crime-solving Devil
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #4 on: 25 02, 2023, 06:30:02 am »
Your ping is not okay at all, having such high levels of ping for a long period of time while playing causes many issues to your game alongside with the delayed actions you take. Try to close any applications that might run to the backround like Steam, Windows support, or any other application that might starts any kind of updates automatically.

Ping actually depends on your distance from the host server, 170 ping is pretty normal for most Asian countries like the Philippines - which I believe the OP is from.
-------------------------------------

Offline Liberty

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 25 02, 2023, 08:05:47 am »
It might be a problem in server files, did you tried to delete and download it again?
Well, I give it 2-3 days to see if the problem fix you know.. I thought the lag is normal that it will go away in a few days. But, after 3 days still it didnt go away so thats where I start to reinstall MTA and the same issue occur.

Offline Waltz

• beauty of annihilation
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: waltz / 115
« Reply #6 on: 25 02, 2023, 08:10:28 am »
Well, I give it 2-3 days to see if the problem fix you know.. I thought the lag is normal that it will go away in a few days. But, after 3 days still it didnt go away so thats where I start to reinstall MTA and the same issue occur.
If you are living in a asian country, just like lucifer stated above your country is far away for server location which makes your ping worse, it might be stable if it's up to 150. Also try to close all background apps and try to use ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
There is only one dominant life form in this universe, and it carries a steel-barreled sword of vengeance.

Offline Liberty

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 25 02, 2023, 08:29:08 am »
The main cause of this problem is your internet connection. There is a lot of traffic going on in your ISP network that is why you're encountering this type of problems. Try to reset your router every now and then. Also, try to remove/close all the background applications that may be running on your system. Just press Win key and search background apps then turn it off (e.g. background downloads, automated updates to games and apps, or browser tabs streaming video or audio.). Close any application in your system tray as well that you won't be using while playing CIT. If it doesn't fix it, go to your router and try different ports, turn off router > re-plugin ethernet cable to other ports > wait 10 seconds > turn it on > and repeat (if it doesn't get fixed).

Wish this may solve your problem.
I agree with the ISP traffic thing maybe that could cause it maybe I need to start using LAN cable but I dont want to bcoz I have been using wifi for like 2 years+ and had no issue like this before. Tried resetting the router still same issue occur. Also, I always have antivirus and other windows system running in the background as usual while playing MTA SA in the past but no issue in packet loss until few days ago suddenly I have packet loss not sure why.. is it someone trying to hack me or somethin  :stress:. Tried different ports still same issue. But, hey im not advertising.. I tried joining different server (not gonna name it) and I see my ping is stable and also I see other player's movement is smooth .. no laggy movement. Maybe my cit files or acc is messed up? idk..

Like lucifer said above ping depends on how far or close you are to the main server host location. This ping I have is normal for me and stable connection and its been like that for 2 years ago so no issue with that. I even ask a few person about ping/packet from different country (MY) - Malaysia and (ID) Indonesia that is nearby my country which I live in SG (Singapore) .. they said they have that kind of ping too 170 - 290 range which is normal and they had no packet loss and smooth gameplay. Also, about background apps I dont have a lot of apps running in the background while running MTA .. only antivirus and other windows system.

Note: I've merged your posts, no need to double post ~ Rubby
« Last Edit: 25 02, 2023, 10:42:46 am by Rubby »

Offline Lucifer.

• FBI Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Your local crime-solving Devil
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #8 on: 25 02, 2023, 01:51:20 pm »
I used to have unstable ping/packetloss issues alot, then someone suggested me to use a LAN cable and that solved the issue. So the best thing you could do is, if you're using WiFi right now, switch to a LAN cable.
-------------------------------------

Offline Justice

• The Jurist
  • GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Justice|xC
« Reply #9 on: 25 02, 2023, 08:49:22 pm »
I agree with the ISP traffic thing maybe that could cause it maybe I need to start using LAN cable but I dont want to bcoz I have been using wifi for like 2 years+ and had no issue like this before. Tried resetting the router still same issue occur. Also, I always have antivirus and other windows system running in the background as usual while playing MTA SA in the past but no issue in packet loss until few days ago suddenly I have packet loss not sure why.. is it someone trying to hack me or somethin  :stress:. Tried different ports still same issue. But, hey im not advertising.. I tried joining different server (not gonna name it) and I see my ping is stable and also I see other player's movement is smooth .. no laggy movement. Maybe my cit files or acc is messed up? idk..
Like lucifer said above ping depends on how far or close you are to the main server host location. This ping I have is normal for me and stable connection and its been like that for 2 years ago so no issue with that. I even ask a few person about ping/packet from different country (MY) - Malaysia and (ID) Indonesia that is nearby my country which I live in SG (Singapore) .. they said they have that kind of ping too 170 - 290 range which is normal and they had no packet loss and smooth gameplay. Also, about background apps I dont have a lot of apps running in the background while running MTA .. only antivirus and other windows system.

Note: I've merged your posts, no need to double post ~ Rubby

Then the root cause is probably from your internet provider's end and Instead of using wireless connection, use ethernet cable just like lucifer said.

I have some more solutions that may help you;

• Open your MTA, head to task manager > details > right click GTASA > set priority > click Real time.
  • Update your OS. Outdated OS might be the problem because of bugs.
  • Just change your wifi password frequently, since there might be a device that interferes with your connection.

I wish these could fix your problem.

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Offline Liberty

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 26 02, 2023, 02:36:44 pm »
Then the root cause is probably from your internet provider's end and Instead of using wireless connection, use ethernet cable just like lucifer said.

I have some more solutions that may help you;

• Open your MTA, head to task manager > details > right click GTASA > set priority > click Real time.
  • Update your OS. Outdated OS might be the problem because of bugs.
  • Just change your wifi password frequently, since there might be a device that interferes with your connection.

I wish these could fix your problem.
I searched this issue on youtube and one of the solution somehow solved my packet loss issue. So, I reset my network settings using command prompt and type ip /flushdns something like that.. and after that they prompt me to restart my com. After done restarting my com I run mta sa and log in.. I see the difference it felt smooth like last time.

So here are the results
Just logged in:
Show content

After 1hr+ staying in the server:
Show content

If this issue occur again in the future I will probably do this method or use LAN cable. Anyway, thanks guys  :thumb:.

You can lock this topic or delete it. The problem is solved.
« Last Edit: 26 02, 2023, 02:38:53 pm by Liberty »

Offline North

• SWAT Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: North
  • Squad: Vintage
« Reply #11 on: 26 02, 2023, 03:27:14 pm »
Locked.
- Assistant Head Police Chief | Top 100 Police | Community Event Manager | Ex L2 Staff -