Author Topic: Double Posting  (Read 8437 times)

Offline HaniFarps

• Senior Community Member
  • The First Syrian Player in CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
Double Posting
« on: 27 05, 2013, 10:02:08 pm »
Hello Community , I found an easy way to prevents rule breaking & Spamming on forum
For those who double / Triple post on forum , why don't we just invent a way to stop them ? how?
* HaNiFaRpS posted a post *

* HaNiFaRpS trying to post second post *

* Error message appeared to HaNiFaRpS saying : Sorry ! but you're not allowed to double post , please modify  your first post or wait until someone post ! *

Regards
HaNiFaRpS
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Offline Machete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: [H]Machete
  • Squad: Sons of Anarchy
Re: Double Posting
« Reply #1 on: 27 05, 2013, 10:26:22 pm »
 If you want to suggest something about forum then provide a link with a required mod, fortunately I found two mods that can solve the problem of double posting.

Auto Merge:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1523

Double Post Stopper:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1018

I don't know if they are compatible with 2.0.4 SMF version ( The one cit2.net forum is using )

I prefer the second one since sometimes double posts are needed, for example in group boards.
« Last Edit: 27 05, 2013, 10:40:58 pm by Machete »

Offline Zach

« Reply #2 on: 27 05, 2013, 10:31:19 pm »
I remember suggesting this a while ago, a good thing about the "Auto Merge" mod is that you can set a time limit on when you can actually double post, which is good cause in some cases double posting is actually necessary.
I miss nr7

Steve

« Reply #3 on: 28 05, 2013, 04:42:14 am »
I like the double post auto merge more than the double post stopper.
In some cases with double post, it's just the person not even realizing that there is an edit button.

With that auto merger, it will merge their posts just like he hit edit.

+1 for http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1523

Offline PeterJean

• Donator L1
  • Life is too short, remove USB safely....
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: PeterJean
« Reply #4 on: 28 05, 2013, 08:25:03 am »
It's good but .. Person like me check the AFMD applications daily and we get many applications per day I sometimes have to quote the application and put it on pending deny accepted whatever so I get warning for doing my job ?
wot.

Offline Machete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: [H]Machete
  • Squad: Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #5 on: 28 05, 2013, 01:33:29 pm »
 I have installed both of the mods I posted above( on SMF 2.0.4 ), but tested only the "Double post stopper" since the another one, "Auto Merge Double Post" didn't work, I am not sure what's the reason but I assume it was due to version.

Edit: Administrators can double post. The others will get the error message "Sorry, but you are not allowed to double post. Please go back and edit your previous post.".
« Last Edit: 28 05, 2013, 01:38:11 pm by Machete »

Offline HaniFarps

• The First Syrian Player in CIT
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
« Reply #6 on: 28 05, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »
you cant double post On public boards But you should be able in your Own group board
Difficult  :-\
Both -1/+1
Mabye there is a kind of Script that only allow "Moderators" to double post don't you think?
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Haku

« Reply #7 on: 31 05, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »
This can prevent the community member to accidentally double posted. There's alot of people that double posted accidentally and will get warned.

Also, if you have make a post, you must wait until someone else posted then only you can proceed to the new post. This is good in my opinion.

It would help the community.

Marouane

« Reply #8 on: 01 06, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »
In my perspective, it's a nice thing but I think as we are looking for a script that satisfies all people I think these are the criteria we're after.

The restriction script must include:
  • Something that prevents double posting a/o merges the two posts
  • A pop up message that tells the writer that he can't double post a/o that the messages will be merged
  • This restriction is to be applied only on Public boards but not on Private boards such as Groups'
  • A timer that controls the double post . (1 day for example)  Why? for example I posted a picture in Server media 1 week ago but no one replied. Editing it won't be of any use.

I think something like that would make it exactly perfect and will prevent spam efficiently without annoying anyone.
« Last Edit: 01 06, 2013, 12:50:24 pm by MaRouane »

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #9 on: 01 06, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
Nice suggestion as sometimes people accidently double posts and can't even remove their posts so if its possible to atleast Show us a warning note : Are you sure you want to double post?

So that we can see that we are trying to double post.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Gaz.

« Reply #10 on: 02 06, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »
I hope this will be added because many and many nabs double posting to get more posts especially  in
General Support / Questions,I agree with you +1

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #11 on: 13 07, 2013, 02:13:28 am »
+1 from me, I was posting a mins ago and got net problems, I closed my reply and created a new one, but then appeared that my old one was there so by mistake I double posted. its neccesary for this cases

eG_Suly

« Reply #12 on: 13 07, 2013, 06:27:06 am »
Nice suggestion as sometimes people accidently double posts and can't even remove their posts so if its possible to atleast Show us a warning note : Are you sure you want to double post?

I agree on this.

Maybe double posting is necessary in some situations, for example, application centers, general chat, and if he really wants his post to be recent, however as Ex_TcR said people might accidentaly double post with no chance of deleting it, for example, when I want to modify my post but I wrongly clicked quote rather than modify, and boom, a double post, Adding what he said will also assure moderators that this double post was intended to be so.

Regards

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #13 on: 13 07, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »

I like this idea, because some times people intentionaly wants to double post, but those who doesn't want should be at least warneds before fail.

R-mike

« Reply #14 on: 05 09, 2013, 04:43:59 am »
What about if some one wants to post a topic then he wants to post the change log?
Or what about if he wanted to post the first training report and then he wanted to post some new update ,he shouldn't edit the first post because the training report will look bad.
Natural