Author Topic: Note when an RCM+ deletes his post on moderation log.  (Read 1211 times)

OnEaToNcE

Note when an RCM+ deletes his post on moderation log.
« on: 29 01, 2014, 05:10:00 pm »
The title says it all. When an RCM+ deletes his post, it would be appeared in moderation log. Misunderstands happend/double posts/triple posts and such while someone can get warned even though its not his fault.

If you don't know what I mean, there is no need to downvote the topic. Thanks for reading.

Offline Urban

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Urban
Re: Note when an RCM+ deletes his post on moderation log.
« Reply #1 on: 29 01, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »
I agree with you too, even if i'm not RCM I know what can they do. once someone trolled me  and  even provoked me on forum  and after, removed his post and I wasn't able to report him because I didn't have any proof... also, making "moderationg log" for this  can help staff to see who deserve RCM to see if he is here to delete all his post where he flamed/provoked, trolled etc...
Urban

If you are wondering where i'm at the moment, just read the update of 24/09/2016 and the one of 12/04/2018 where I state news about me and where i'm in my life in My Introduction

Trevon

« Reply #2 on: 29 01, 2014, 10:33:25 pm »
It is impossible to make moderation log for any rank in SMF.

^ that, plus it's not really required, if the "abusers" level go high, just disable the ability to remove posts, just like staffs do to things that get abused a lot in-game, they remove it.

example; the tuning centres was disabled/removed due to abusers, etc,..

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #3 on: 30 01, 2014, 07:19:21 am »
The current system works like this:

Upon moderation of any kind (moving / deleting / merging / hiding / (un)stick / ...) the script checks for the moderators of the board the action was performed in. When you are a moderator of that board, it will get added to the log. The other moderators can only see a log of all actions from board mods in the boards they are moderator in.

RCMs don't count as board moderators and therefore their actions don't get logged as board moderation. So in order to have this added you'd have to find / create a SMF plugin that allows certain user rights (like RCM+) to count as board moderators with limited access and therefore be saved in the moderation log / or just save any actions of anyone, even if they aren't counted as board mods.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now