Author Topic: Addition of new mutable chat offense in both IG/forum.  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Maximo

• Regular Community Member
  • The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
Hey there, I hope y'all doing good.

So, during the past days/months I've noticed that there are a lot of chat offenses that not mentioned in our server rules,and these rules are important since it's causing harm for the players emotionally. Let me clarify that more, there are chat offenses that we think it's normal and trivial to punish players for it. But we are mistaken. There are negative words may let many players lose motivation to play in the server.

Today, I am hereby requesting addition of a new mutable offense in both in game and forum. Because these offenses are really dangerous for our server.
and this rule is: spreading negative words like CIT dead, playing in dead server with X/2000 online players daily, dead game etc..
As none forced them to come and spread their negative energy here, as if you don't like it just leave it for your self.

I mean these players are inactive and spreading the shit over and make our players leaving. So making rule will be punishing them for that. That will keep them here without harming anyone/crossing red lines.

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
Re: Addition of new mutable chat offense in both IG/forum.
« Reply #1 on: 23 12, 2021, 02:15:12 pm »
Upvoting, We need players like you mate, whom trying to suggest such things useful to the community and bring as many players as possible.
I have never seen people down motivating in the chat, therefore if anybody tries to talk shit in any kind of a chat such as: SMS, FMSG, or Groupchat just because they are bored of the game. from my standpoint, I  think they deserve to be either banned or fully muted.

Offline Private

• Translator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vexatious
  • Ingame: Private
  • Squad: Aces/uncrowned
« Reply #2 on: 23 12, 2021, 07:56:49 pm »
Definitely new mutable chat offense must be added, but also some existing ones should be removed imo as they're too trivial to be punished for. The problem server is facing now is that staff have different opinions/takes when it comes to mute a person, for example someone have flamed a family member of mine in the past and told me to do a 18+ thing, I asked 2 CIT staff about it and guess what; 1 told me it's a mute while the other one told me it's "pretty trivial" one and should use /ignore next time. Seems like since the day Arran added /ignore command most staff are like "how can you get triggered by those words" "or if you get triggered by them, use /ignore next time". I mean they're kind of right but on the other hand that's not a good response since being friendly and calm to others is important not only in games, but also in real life so seeing stuff like that happening is pretty sad (although server is overrun mostly by kids nowadays so all that makes sense). Also do not forget if new players come across toxic players who behave like sh*t because their life is probably miserable, they will instantly quit the server or spend fewer time than what they would if the whole CIT vibe was good, if you get me.

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #3 on: 24 12, 2021, 11:27:25 pm »
Show content
Definitely new mutable chat offense must be added, but also some existing ones should be removed imo as they're too trivial to be punished for. The problem server is facing now is that staff have different opinions/takes when it comes to mute a person, for example someone have flamed a family member of mine in the past and told me to do a 18+ thing, I asked 2 CIT staff about it and guess what; 1 told me it's a mute while the other one told me it's "pretty trivial" one and should use /ignore next time. Seems like since the day Arran added /ignore command most staff are like "how can you get triggered by those words" "or if you get triggered by them, use /ignore next time". I mean they're kind of right but on the other hand that's not a good response since being friendly and calm to others is important not only in games, but also in real life so seeing stuff like that happening is pretty sad (although server is overrun mostly by kids nowadays so all that makes sense). Also do not forget if new players come across toxic players who behave like sh*t because their life is probably miserable, they will instantly quit the server or spend fewer time than what they would if the whole CIT vibe was good, if you get me.

Current mutable chat offenses are good, but we must add the new rule due to the fact that many players nowadays saying these offenses everywhere, I personally think that kind of words is like an insult for the server and its features, instead of appreciating the effort that developers spended in it, to make it good place to have fun, they are just spreading negative energy to the players so to make them hate the server.

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #4 on: 25 12, 2021, 01:09:15 am »
This would be nice to prevent the lack of player's motivation within the server. I've come across few cases where I have seen the type of players that you mentioned. So, why not ?
 :tick:
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline Skyscrap

• L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • Ingame: [CIT]Skyscrap
« Reply #5 on: 25 12, 2021, 01:17:49 am »
I see this not a really bad idea to be added, it's gonna let people prevent being rude to others or showing some kind of disrespect to the others.
Positive  :tick:
Skyscrap added as PAM. (20.01.2022 Ptole + Burner + Brian + Danzy)
Added Skyscrap as Junior Criminal boss (06.05.2023 CB Team)
Skyscrap added as Trial Staff. (14.08.2023 Head Staff)
Discord: skyscrap.

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 25 12, 2021, 01:18:01 am »
This one's already a rule, I must have validated such a punishment before. Of course, it's a recent thing that's going on.

For forum it already exists,
2. Posts on the forum must be honest and not intended to mislead anyone by stating an opinion as a fact. The content of your post should not be intended to harm or heavily offend another community player by being nasty, trollish, discriminating, slandering or ungrateful towards other players. The content of your post must respect the board rules which are usually found in a sticky topic on the respective boards. Do NOT create useless drama in forum. Examples of drama are, but not limited to, continuously going on about a subject that was already answered / handled by a staff, continuously complaining administrative entities and their decisions, repeatedly complaining the same group of people for petty reasons, useless negative posts like "CIT is dead".
If you intend to break it, you'll get #2 forum warning.

I don't know if it exists in-game rules or not, but your suggestion must be writing it in the in-game rules and not an addition because it is already an existed rule.

That could be an example

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline zurq

• Senior Community Member
  • xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #7 on: 25 12, 2021, 10:06:34 am »
It's punishable afaik, Brian once muted a guy for spreading negative words in game...
Left this game already.

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #8 on: 25 12, 2021, 10:53:50 am »
This one's already a rule, I must have validated such a punishment before. Of course, it's a recent thing that's going on.

For forum it already exists,If you intend to break it, you'll get #2 forum warning.

I don't know if it exists in-game rules or not, but your suggestion must be writing it in the in-game rules and not an addition because it is already an existed rule.

That could be an example
I never saw them applying it on anyone because its not serious rule, we must add it into mutable chat offense so whenever they say such words they will be muted instantly, so with that we can eliminate such negative people from our community and keep our players motivated and satisfied with playing in the server.
 Recently alooot of people been saying these negative words everywhere and none punished them, even these whom said it are holding SCM, leader of an official group with L9. So players are taking them an example, and they will agree with what they say instantly.

It's punishable afaik, Brian once muted a guy for spreading negative words in game...

This kind of behavior must be punishable to avoid such negative energy.
« Last Edit: 25 12, 2021, 10:57:58 am by Maximo »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 25 12, 2021, 08:04:53 pm »
 :cros: freedom of expression
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #10 on: 25 12, 2021, 10:15:53 pm »

We aren't here restricting their freedom of expression, but we are making limit/red lines mustn't be crossed. Because by crossing that lines, that will harm us and our players negatively. They can express their feeling that they don't like the server because X and Z. But coming with negative words like This server not a thing anymore, it's dead none play it. Here players will feel that they are playing worthless game and there are new games more active.. And all that is mess of their thoughts, these thoughts made from others kept saying the same offensive words. I hope you got the concept.

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #11 on: 26 12, 2021, 02:17:51 pm »

The owner said so, no need to add this.  :hands:
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #12 on: 26 12, 2021, 07:32:24 pm »
The owner said so, no need to add this.  :hands:

:what:

So, you don't have own opinion? You just follow like a sheep? Eh, whatever. Just read my explanation to the owner  :joy: and if you arent going to add anything, just don't post please.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #13 on: 26 12, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »
It has cons and pros. The thing is, some people get muted for this and some don't. Right now, there's no clarification if spreading negativity like that is punishable or not. Some get away with it, some don't. This suggestion is for the sake of transparency.

I vote  :tick:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #14 on: 27 12, 2021, 07:12:08 am »
:what:

So, you don't have own opinion? You just follow like a sheep? Eh, whatever. Just read my explanation to the owner  :joy: and if you arent going to add anything, just don't post please.

I add something to this suggestion : Useless and removing freedom of expression. No thank you
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke