Ingame Community > News and Updates

[+++] Increasing the risk and the reward of the lottery

(1/9) > >>

Ace:
Currently, lottery tickets are priced at 50k and prizes are in the 3-10 million range depending on how many times the prize has rolled over and how many people got the winning number. I would argue this is quite low stakes tbh. I remember once winning a prize on the lottery for around 4mil and not feeling the slightest bit of tension or joy from the occasion, as it seems too low stakes.

What I am proposing is that buy ins for the lottery are significantly increased by 10x or 20x to either 500k or 1 mil to buy in. The prizes should also be increased by the same proportion (either 10x or 20x). This way it maintains its balance in terms of chances of success but it feels like it actually matters whether you win or lose. I also think people would be far more likely to participate in the lottery if they could be looking at winning 30-100 mil despite the expected winnings over an infinite number of games being the same.

To clarify, I am not suggesting that we change anything about the probability or the risk to reward ratio, I just think that inflating both by 10-20x would make it something players actually care about.

TheS3b@':
In general it is a good suggestion since it is supposed to be a lottery, taking it to real life the prices of the lotteries are much higher, and if it is assumed that if you win you should get more money, totally positive

tobey:
50k is nothing so currently buying a lottery ticket is done as a chance to get free money (which isn't too much as well) so I think it's fine to have more risk for a higher prize  :tick:

HosttyBoy:
  :tick:

DeathWish:
 :tick:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version