Ingame Community > News and Updates

Changes to the rules

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brian:

--- Quote from: ridz xd on 05 08, 2018, 07:36:25 am ---Well I have seen Staffs Muting/Warning for protesting against them or just pointing out their faults. Due to the "Strict Rules" They have got the authority to supress each and every voice against them. They warn/mute the protesters even if they are using correct board and an appropriate language.

--- End quote ---

Depends on what kind of protest you're doing, are you doing a constructive protest with criticism and solution on how to improve possible human fails or you're just going ahead condemning someone's work without providing insight?

Royal:

--- Quote from: Universe on 04 08, 2018, 09:56:18 pm ---Forum rule #18 - Show content
Basically, It says that applications to groups cant take personal information from players, A player should not share any private information he doesn't accept to be released., Otherwise it clearly shows that he accepts the information he gave to be released to the whole community, If they still insist on this rule then groups might make a DISCLAIMER? saying that the information he/she wrote in the application will all be released in the whole community and everybody will be able to see it. - If there is any issue with what I just clarified, please give me a PM.

--- End quote ---

To be honrest, You don't even need anything to identify someone for an 'advanced' people. It is possible to get the IP address and he can gets your Facebook aswell etc.. But for the normal persons whos aren't 'hacker', I don't think they are interested in someone, or am I wrong? I personally had never problem as I shared my name here.
Also, A Country name wouldn't hurt anyone, I beleive. Oh, by the way, Some people uses their account name with his real name.

Kavzor:

--- Quote from: Royal- on 05 08, 2018, 02:28:20 pm ---To be honrest, You don't even need anything to identify someone for an 'advanced' people. It is possible to get the IP address and he can gets your Facebook aswell etc.. But for the normal persons whos aren't 'hacker', I don't think they are interested in someone, or am I wrong? I personally had never problem as I shared my name here.
Also, A Country name wouldn't hurt anyone, I beleive. Oh, by the way, Some people uses their account name with his real name.

--- End quote ---
The idea is that you can ask for personal information, but you cannot demand it, it is up to the respondent to decide whatever or not to share private information and the risks which may are included. Nevertheless, this does not justify blackmailing, cyberbullying or anything similar, I merely wanted to explain that how much a person wishes to share should be up to the person him or herself.

Brand:
Hello!

I would love to get a clarification for the rule #2 specifically "ungratefulness towards other players work"

1. Is "Players" term plural or for certain members of the community?

2. How exactly how can someone be ungrateful towards your work while they are suggesting something which is in favour of the server and everyone's convenience?

For instances, someone suggests reverting back something that almost  99% of the players want and love it. How would you treat such cases? why would I be ungrateful while I am suggesting something that I am 100% sure it's in favour of the server?

Kavzor:

--- Quote from: Brand on 05 08, 2018, 02:53:43 pm ---1. Is "Players" term plural or for certain members of the community?

--- End quote ---
Fixed! Thanks for pointing out the grammatical flaw

--- Quote from: Brand on 05 08, 2018, 02:53:43 pm ---2. How exactly how can someone be ungrateful towards your work while they are suggesting something which is in favour of the server and everyone's convenience?

For instances, someone suggests reverting back something that almost  99% of the players want and love it. How would you treat such cases? why would I be ungrateful while I am suggesting something that I am 100% sure it's in favour of the server?

--- End quote ---
This heavily depends on the context and in which manners it is being said. E.g. One option is to suggest bringing something back something old because I really dislike some certain new features, but, I could also suggest a new feature inspired by an old feature which would suit the modern CIT rather than some vision of what old CIT was or is. Needless to say the later is showing more appreciation towards hard work done to implement new features.

Basically, the rule is asking of you to consider the amount of time a player put into his work regardless of whom he or she is before you make a post which completely neglects their effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version