Author Topic: New Prison Competition  (Read 11405 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
New Prison Competition
« on: 03 05, 2012, 06:08:33 pm »
I was on #CIT yesterday looking for a huge idea to work on for the server. Me and some players eventually agreed on a new prison and I began work on mapping. But then the motivation bug hit me! I don't have the motivation in me any more for big projects. So instead of abandoning it, it was suggested that I make a competition for it.

The competition is mainly for the mapping of an amazingly good prison island and for extra points you can make scripts for it too. If anyone makes a good enough map (that wins) they'll get 2 months VIP and if its amazing they'll get 3 months. Scripting the features will also grant additional months ranging from 1 to 4 months based on awesomeness of scripts.

Main features it must include
It's an Island Rather than being just an interior it will be an island and an interior.
Ability to escape. Perhaps when people are outside in the court yard helicopter can come to break you out but of course thats too easy so we'll need some guards to shoot the helicopter.
Prison guards. This should probably be a job and their main duty would be making sure nobody intrudes on the island as well as having to patrol areas.
Things to do Prisoners need things to do in prison other than playing snake on the phone, things like making products by pressing buttons to earn some cash, etc etc.
Death Race If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about! (If you don't check youtube for a trailer.) Wouldn't something like that be great in MTA? Make sure to make a long enough race track for this.
Cell wings There should be different wings of the prison and people who get admin jail should be put in solitary confinement so make sure to make some 1 man cells for that, don't worry about making too many as we can use dimensions.
On the map It needs be visible on F11 and the location I recommend is on the right in between LS and LV there is a nice big gap there.

Mapping notes
- I recommend using the dock sides in your prison as they're much easier than rocks and land but a combination of the two can look nice.
- Don't worry about those objects that are underwater and appear above the water as its an MTA bug which we can fix by setting the water height to 0.001: "start runcode" "srun setWaterLevel(0.001)"
- Post us some previews here but don't share the map file, only share the map file with developers.

Questions
Ask below.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

mectus11

Re: New Prison Competition
« Reply #1 on: 03 05, 2012, 09:37:11 pm »
You said it should be an island but can it be something like using the whole LSdocks without the grass and the stuff, or should it be similar to alcatraz but bigger?

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 05, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »
You said it should be an island but can it be something like using the whole LSdocks without the grass and the stuff, or should it be similar to alcatraz but bigger?

It can be a man made island like the docks.

Offline FasT

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS family
  • Ingame: FasT
« Reply #3 on: 03 05, 2012, 11:02:07 pm »
about the death race part ! it need a track for it and that will be so big
about the jobs part : i'm not a good scripter but I have an idea about the jobs :
cleaning toilets  ( job slots limits ) 
cleaning the prison yard ( garden ) ( job slots limits ) 
food serving ( job slots limits ) 
Mow the grass ( job slots limits )

and how about : Control tower
« Last Edit: 03 05, 2012, 11:10:45 pm by ℱẳṧṰ ☪ »
R.E.S.P.E.C.T

The one man army

Sefg

« Reply #4 on: 03 05, 2012, 11:15:51 pm »
Will the prisoners be released at the location of the prison, or will they be warped to LS or so upon release?

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 04 05, 2012, 12:47:00 am »
Will the prisoners be released at the location of the prison, or will they be warped to LS or so upon release?

It's an island so releasing them there wouldn't be feasible and releasing everyone at the shore would turn into a camp area. The current prison releases suffice.

Wisam|Grove

« Reply #6 on: 04 05, 2012, 06:05:32 pm »
What a damn good competition, im a very good mapper I will try to make it with my cousin.
I will make it like alcatraz.
About the guards and the other jobs I dont think I can make them im not very good scripter, but I will try anyway.

Flucado

« Reply #7 on: 05 05, 2012, 07:41:01 am »
Couldn't the Party Boat come to be a problem at some point? It goes through most if not all of the available wide water areas of the map - including the location you've suggested, if I'm not mistaken.

Would be a little bit comical for a group of prisoners to see a gigantic redecorated cargo ship going literally through the prison facilities playing "Hotel California".

Offline BlackWolf

• Ingame: BlackWolf
« Reply #8 on: 05 05, 2012, 08:39:25 am »
Well, I'd just like to say, perhaps, we can bring use of boats into CIT again, like : Criminals taken for transport with an boat / criminals escaping trough an boat because their friends blow a gate with a satchel, so the criminals run to the shore and escape, but their wanted level remain, idea's ?
Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most indispensible of duties.

Offline K0Killer2

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K0Killer2
« Reply #9 on: 05 05, 2012, 09:15:38 am »
Their wanted points should increase x2 or x3 if they successfully escape.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 05 05, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »
Couldn't the Party Boat come to be a problem at some point? It goes through most if not all of the available wide water areas of the map - including the location you've suggested, if I'm not mistaken.

Would be a little bit comical for a group of prisoners to see a gigantic redecorated cargo ship going literally through the prison facilities playing "Hotel California".

There is quite a gap between land and the prison and the shit can be put through that gap.

pragu

« Reply #11 on: 05 05, 2012, 01:53:59 pm »
The new prison is a great idea but in my opinion some features like a job in a prison or the death race would ruin the actual purpose of a prison.....a prison should brainwash a person to not to commit the crime again but the new prison with a race being conducted ???.......its like a cool life in prison rather than suffering.....(This is only my opinion)  ::)

Sefg

« Reply #12 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »
The new prison is a great idea but in my opinion some features like a job in a prison or the death race would ruin the actual purpose of a prison.....a prison should brainwash a person to not to commit the crime again but the new prison with a race being conducted ???.......its like a cool life in prison rather than suffering.....(This is only my opinion)  ::)

This is another discussion but one of the main purposes of prison in the most developed world is rehabilitation, if not they would‘ve just put a bullet in every felon and just get over them.

Pl@y

« Reply #13 on: 05 05, 2012, 04:53:30 pm »
So when the criminal escapes, Is the criminal getiing released or just escaping?

Cazomino05

« Reply #14 on: 05 05, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »
So when the criminal escapes, Is the criminal getiing released or just escaping?
why not both? we can put prisoners in orange jumpsuits and force him to change clothes to lose his wanted level or something.