Author Topic: [Resolved] Car Alarm  (Read 4877 times)

abdullahrafx

[Resolved] Car Alarm
« on: 07 06, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »
CIT's car alarm.

Basic information:

I don't know whether this was suggested before but I'd like to suggest this again, with more detail.

Information:

This would need a simple script that when owned cars are being attacked, like someone shooting it or crashing it whilst your not inside, then your owned car, preferably when your car is locked the headlights start flashing and the horn starts beeping, just like IRL. Also with this a message would come to you maybe it would show it to you in the main chat that your car is being under attack or w/e something that triggered the alarm.

How this would work:

Basically, you'd need to lock your car, and type "/set alarm [amount in minutes]," amount in miutes would be how long you want your alarm to be activated for. Leaving it blank would be set to default of w/e minutes, the /set alarm command would be available to the car that is picked and only 1 car would be picked at the time. Then when you'd leave your car, and someone starts shooting it, the alarm would be triggered and a message would be forwarded to you.

Advantages:

In case someone is attacking your car, and this message comes to you wherever you are, you'd easily be able to hide your car to prevent further damage. People get angry when they leave they're car for a while and come back and find it wrecked. Also an advantage of more RP and a fun script.

Thanks for reading/voting.
« Last Edit: 04 10, 2012, 06:53:05 pm by Arran »

mectus11

Re: Car Alarm
« Reply #1 on: 07 06, 2012, 03:34:43 pm »
Why not just hide the car and make it appear when you need it? Pretty easy eh?
It's not a good idea, just some annoying alarm that won't even stop DMers from destroying/crashing/shooting your car.

DMers will even DM the car more until the alarm stops, lmao.

Offline Fiwz

• HoBoS Founder
  • Junior Community Member
  • Magnum Opus
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: H=o=B=o=S
  • Ingame: fiwZ
  • Squad: BlazefisTs
Re: Car
« Reply #2 on: 07 06, 2012, 05:41:52 pm »
Agree with Fadi,just when you leave can Hide him and all. And sound Alarm can annoy people and  maybe will be creating laggs.

harsh

« Reply #3 on: 07 06, 2012, 09:01:38 pm »
And how will this alarm will help? If some one is damaging your car and by chance if you get there also what will u do? Attack him to get your self wanted?
Not bad but useless.

Offline ProTo

• HoBoS Son
  • Senior Community Member
  • Ex. L3
  • Ingame: ProTo
« Reply #4 on: 07 06, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »
And what about the Job cars ? we can't hide them! Only if you add a script that we can hide it (/hide freecar) and then (/pick freecar)
P.S: The rule #19 of forum says: Do not post things like "cool idea +1" in the server development boards.

abdullahrafx

« Reply #5 on: 07 06, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »
People please read the topic..

And how will this alarm will help? If some one is damaging your car and by chance if you get there also what will u do? Attack him to get your self wanted?
Not bad but useless.

\/

Quote from: abdullahrafx
In case someone is attacking your car, and this message comes to you wherever you are, you'd easily be able to hide your car to prevent further damage. People get angry when they leave they're car for a while and come back and find it wrecked.

Why not just hide the car and make it appear when you need it? Pretty easy eh?
It's not a good idea, just some annoying alarm that won't even stop DMers from destroying/crashing/shooting your car.

DMers will even DM the car more until the alarm stops, lmao.

At your point 1, we aren't 2022 :P

At your point 2, You'd click F2 > Hide before he does.

Offline FasT

• Group: HoBoS family
  • Ingame: FasT
« Reply #6 on: 08 06, 2012, 12:43:25 am »
atleast it will increase some RP level , I saw it in another sever  ;) so let's click +1
R.E.S.P.E.C.T

The one man army

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
« Reply #7 on: 08 06, 2012, 12:50:34 am »
What if you park your car away, or it's already damaged and you went to be a mechanic, who will save your car?

Not so much helpful, might be RP yeah but won't help. +1 for being nice RP script.
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

IceCube64

« Reply #8 on: 08 06, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »
Like the GTA:SA singleplayer? Nice :3

SweeTooN

« Reply #9 on: 08 06, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »
Without making /setalarm [time] it's better to get the alarm in the modifying cars shop and simply when we do  /engine to make it off then we' lock the car it automatically set the alarm on .
and that will increase more RP .
*we must disable job cars from getting the alarm . because IRL there is no job cars have warning alarm except police cars .

IceCold

« Reply #10 on: 08 06, 2012, 01:58:45 pm »
A big +1 I hate when my car gets damaged by some random player and I don't know about it.

chmm2100387

« Reply #11 on: 08 06, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »
I didn't vote yet
why we should add this while most of members are hiding their cars when they are out ?

nadoura

« Reply #12 on: 08 06, 2012, 07:22:27 pm »
I think there is in GTA:SA single player & GTA:IV

Offline Kavzor

• The Viking
  • Honorable
  • aka IKEA Employee
« Reply #13 on: 08 06, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »
I like how you are trying to increase the RP level on this server and I love this idea but don't you think that the alarm should automatically turn on once it's locked with /lock while you are outside the car?
“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”  -- Jack Sparrow

xXxMeNcHxXx

« Reply #14 on: 09 06, 2012, 02:33:00 pm »
+1 like when he try to open door Alarm on and he get 1 Star good nice idia bt there need add that alarm need to buy and it will be Failed if you buy Alarm whit low Price xD like in Real Life