Author Topic: Making it possible to add repair markers to race dimensions  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Impostor

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
Repair markers on race maps would be a nice feature for mappers to work with as they could be used to set up functional pit lanes or simply to compensate for mapped areas that deals a lot of damage to vehicles e.g. banking.

Offline zurq

• Senior Community Member
  • xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
Re: Making it possible to add repair markers to race dimensions
« Reply #1 on: 08 12, 2021, 12:15:06 pm »
Yes, this is needed in the races that are dealing alot of damage to the vehicle or something analogous. It's necessary, though. I am voting positive.
Left this game already.

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #2 on: 08 12, 2021, 04:07:20 pm »
This could make big space for insane race track ideas, it would be too messy and too exciting to have one of those and just the action of limited time to get to the repair marker before the vehicle explodes and such scenes, it'll be a good addition.

Offline Han'Lue

• DoMinos_Family Co Founder
  • The Predator
    YearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: Han'Lue
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #3 on: 08 12, 2021, 05:34:13 pm »
I find it positive because such races will be more exciting.
"Wishes" Is The Product Of Fears

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
« Reply #4 on: 08 12, 2021, 06:48:45 pm »
Although I am a good racer but some maps need this, I crash the car at the beginning and its needed to repair the cars to be able to finish the race.  :tick:

Offline Otto

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Otto
« Reply #5 on: 09 12, 2021, 12:03:53 am »
I like the idea and i'm supporting it, but how do you plan on preventing death race mapper villains of /race from creating even more annoying races with it?

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Impostor

« Reply #6 on: 09 12, 2021, 07:06:14 am »
"...how do you plan on preventing death race mapper villains of /race from creating even more annoying races with it?"

Assuming that the repair markers would behave like those that we have on main dim (bringing vehicles to a stop), I guess that those in charge of validating each race would notice if the markers were used in a trollish way or in such manner that it penalizes people with high latency*.

The instant stop effect it has could be used in creative ways like setting you up for a slower/trickier part of the race or even as a safety barrier, catching someone that overshoots a corner. The stop+wait also makes it harder to capitalize on wall riding.

*Repair markers should ideally have some clearance and/or not be in a high speed sector

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 09 12, 2021, 07:50:48 pm »
In real life when you "fix" your car in races you have to stop, so it's not unrealistic. Also it'd unfair if people were driving like idiots and could repair their car easily without stopping.
The only reason why I'd be against this is that people who drive like headless chickens shouldn't have opportunities handed to them
Show content
People could argue this is harsh and I agree.
but on the other hand ... if some tracks cause veh damage then yeah, it's a good addition.

*Repair markers should ideally have some clearance and/or not be in a high speed sector

They should be on a separate piece of track which race mappers can map with a divider to make a pit lane, it's not hard. Also so it's not a huge advantage to fix cars, a chicane / tight corner should be added before or/and after pitlane (road where repair marker is). Thoughts?

An example of a pitlane

But yeah,  :tick:

Not related to the suggestions but if veh collision were ON then there'd be even more incentive to have repair markers.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Impostor

« Reply #8 on: 09 12, 2021, 08:17:59 pm »

They should be on a separate piece of track which race mappers can map with a divider to make a pit lane, it's not hard. Also so it's not a huge advantage to fix cars, a chicane / tight corner should be added before or/and after pitlane (road where repair marker is). Thoughts?

The pit lane route must be significantly slower than the race route so people can't benefit too much from wall riding.
That is easy to do with speed bumps, turns and obstacles (even if we get repair markers that won't bring people to a stop).

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 09 12, 2021, 09:42:36 pm »
The pit lane route must be significantly slower than the race route so people can't benefit too much from wall riding.
That is easy to do with speed bumps, turns and obstacles (even if we get repair markers that won't bring people to a stop).

Which is why I mentioned tight corners and stuff before and after. Speed bumps would help too, and they should stop in the marker lol, otherwise it's pretty easy.
Think about it like this, if they are 5s in front, they either stay out with damage and fail or risk losing because they don't have 5s to the person behind them when
they fix their vehicle.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Impostor

« Reply #10 on: 09 12, 2021, 10:37:54 pm »
they should stop in the marker lol, otherwise it's pretty easy.

For the sake of the argument, non-stop pit lanes could be mapped in such a way that it is still significantly slower than the actual race track.

Non-stop repair markers are more suitable for the scenario in which the mapper wants to compensate the natural damage the track does without disrupting the flow of the race.

It is also more friendly to high latency players. Drive at around 280 km/h and run through a repair marker on any airport. Notice how the latency determines the spot in which you'll be frozen.

Besides, I think it could work similarly to how L9 groups bases repair vehicles in which the driver doesn't have to stop but, still, they must remain inside the area and the effect is not instantaneous. It heals like some small percentage every X seconds.
If someone makes that repair marker small enough, people will have to stop anyway. And those that took less damage would have to wait less than it would take to fully repair a highly damaged vehicle.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #11 on: 15 12, 2021, 12:31:56 am »
I'm supporting this as I usually play in race, I'm willing to see this in a race, and this makes more logical.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #12 on: 18 12, 2021, 02:19:56 pm »
- Added the ability for race mappers to add repair icons to races. (Arran + Impostor)

See bottom of editor help text.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.