Author Topic: Literally banned for 24 hours  (Read 201 times)

Offline PatoKw2

YearsYearsYearsYears
Literally banned for 24 hours
« on: 02 09, 2023, 04:04:58 pm »
Hello. Today I was trying to login my original account and I was trying as hard as possible to remember the passwords until the 10 attempts ran out.

So I just said nevermind I'll just play any other account even if it's new

I go to create an account it says you already created 2 accounts

I put my email in forgot password since I don't remember any password and change my password and all is good

Now I login to the account I changed the password for and it says Can only get your password wrong 10 times every hours.
This means now the login feature is locked for me for 24 hours even though it's the right password

So in my last hope I go to create account, and it won't allow me since I already created 2 accounts

SO. effectively I am banned for 24 hours from the server because there is literally no way to join.
This is frustrating why not even allow me even when I am entering the correct password

This is clearly not democratic enough am sure huge portion of community would disapprove of this situation

Anyways I hope the staff impress me and somehow let me login before I have to wait two dozens of hours because also I donated alot before for me and my cousins so I contributed to the server. btw my original account is PatoKw

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
Re: Literally banned for 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: 02 09, 2023, 04:13:18 pm »
This is just there to prevent people from trying to guess passwords of accounts they don't own, you were given 10 attempts which is more than enough. also each time you type in a wrong password it gives you a warning that doing this 10 times will make you unable to login for 24 hours so idk how you didn't notice it the 10 times you did.

Offline PatoKw2

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 02 09, 2023, 04:15:12 pm »
I remember it said you can only get your password wrong 10 times so I assumed if I enter it correctly now It should work but now I know how the system works so my only hope if you guys can reset my timer so I can login or tweak the system for the better. Or I guess I'll just have to deal with not playing for 24 hours

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Jaguar
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #3 on: 02 09, 2023, 05:15:12 pm »
You had the chance to test out 9 different passwords, and before guessing another password for the 10th time, you could have given it some thought that there might be another way to get your password back, and that is by checking out Account Retrieval Board. You just need to wait for 24 hours to be able to try again, so I advice you to make a password recovery right now in Account Retrieval Board.
« Last Edit: 02 09, 2023, 05:20:25 pm by Jaguar. »
Not only a group, but family.