Author Topic: Which language should an official board have?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Omega

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Omega
Which language should an official board have?
« on: 28 12, 2020, 02:43:11 am »
My question is simple... can we include different languages in official Law Group Boards? I'm starting a project in order to make a fully hispanic police group and some of the goals in order to achieve an official level actually includes earning a board at a certain moment. What would happen if the whole topic is spanish? Is the language an impediment to become official if the chance is given?

Offline Atreus

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Which language should an official board have?
« Reply #1 on: 28 12, 2020, 05:01:01 pm »
As far as I remember, There was boards  in the past that has topics written in other language apart of english, Therefore I think you can make a spanish group board. but you should consult staffs about that., maybe the rule is changed...

Offline LoLcO

• Junior Community Member
  • The Official LaGGeR of CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAI Founder
  • Ingame: It'zLoLcO
  • Squad: #NaB
« Reply #2 on: 28 12, 2020, 10:08:18 pm »
I did a group (CAI = Comando de Acción Inmediata) that reached level 4, our group did not focus on speaking English, but on being able to understand and speak it, but mostly it was spoken in Spanish, we had the board translated in both languages , we did well up to a point, just make sure your members can understand the basics of English as it is the main language, but they can easily make a group in Spanish
CAI Founder|Ex.Rasta_Division Founder|Donator L1 IG|Ex.Top Law|Ex.Mod of Spanish Forum Board|Guías & Tutoriales|Ex.Spanish Guider

2018. July 9th: @LoLcO rewarded with JCM for his various contributions towards the spanish community.

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 29 12, 2020, 12:23:06 pm »
In my opinion, as you create a 'community' group, the main language should be English. However you are allowed to have some non-English topics on your board to attract certain nationality players. There is no rule that specifies your group must use English both in-game and forum, so I assume it is allowed.

Offline Omega

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Omega
« Reply #4 on: 29 12, 2020, 11:47:27 pm »
In my opinion, as you create a 'community' group, the main language should be English. However you are allowed to have some non-English topics on your board to attract certain nationality players. There is no rule that specifies your group must use English both in-game and forum, so I assume it is allowed.

So making a whole topic spanish and adding some spoilers with the same information in english should be totally "community-friendly", right?

Offline LoLcO

• Junior Community Member
  • The Official LaGGeR of CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAI Founder
  • Ingame: It'zLoLcO
  • Squad: #NaB
« Reply #5 on: 29 12, 2020, 11:52:41 pm »
So making a whole topic spanish and adding some spoilers with the same information in english should be totally "community-friendly", right?
Yes, here is an example of how you can do the topics of your group without any problem
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=368271.0
CAI Founder|Ex.Rasta_Division Founder|Donator L1 IG|Ex.Top Law|Ex.Mod of Spanish Forum Board|Guías & Tutoriales|Ex.Spanish Guider

2018. July 9th: @LoLcO rewarded with JCM for his various contributions towards the spanish community.

Offline Maximo

• Regular Community Member
  • The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #6 on: 30 12, 2020, 11:13:32 am »
Actually there was Turkish criminal groups are written with Turkish language. I will give you example (Zon_Zrive *ZR*) I am sure some of you knows about it. Though you can yes. But I recommend you to let translation always to English as loco show you an example. Keep a translation always so English community may also be interested to know.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #7 on: 30 12, 2020, 02:47:00 pm »
The board must be in english, however, groups leaders can also translate the info to their language.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017