Author Topic: Adding a blip for JFM  (Read 1328 times)

Offline MetallicaGR

• Donator L1
  • Proud CAMORRA member since 30/12/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: |C|MetallicaGR
  • Squad: Metalheads
Adding a blip for JFM
« on: 26 07, 2022, 12:57:08 pm »
Hello CIT community !

Today I got a suggestion that came to me recently based on a new players question.

So recently there was a riot in JFM and uppon calling on more criminals on the team chat there was a new player that barely had 10 hours who wanted to join the riot. We told him to come and join us on JFM and the first thing he asked was how to recognize JFM on the map. We told him to use /gps to find JFM and that there is no blip on the map.

After that I thought to myself that it will simplefy things a lot for newer players if there was an actual blip icon for JFM since most of them wouldn't know about the /gps command or even know how to use /gps.

I am aware that the location of JFM has currently a lot of blips surrounding it so I came up with a solution to this problem. I suggest that the blip will only appear every time there are more than 2 players inside JFM and it will marked on people's minimap the same way other blips do.

This will help people know if there is any riot going on inside JFM and will especially help newer players since most of them might even go there just out of curiosity.

I found 2 blips that might do the job and made a 3rd one myself. The first one is from GTA III, the second one from Vice City and the last one is the dollar sign from San Andreas which I took and changed it's color to red since there is already an organge one for hits.

Suggested blip 1 GTAIII:

Suggested blip 2 Vice City:

Suggested blip 3 Custom:
« Last Edit: 26 07, 2022, 01:22:19 pm by MetallicaGR »

PA~|C|MetallicaGR>UB: Proud CAMORRA member since 30/12/12. Correct rank Underboss! Official CAMORRA Honorable.
Added Metallica - lol for everything you've done and considering the time you've been around (even more than almost all CAMORRA current leaders) the least we can do is giving you the privilege to help us to decide who should and should not be part of the family. (30.01.2015, Luther)

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
Re: Adding a blip for JFM
« Reply #1 on: 26 07, 2022, 01:06:13 pm »
I think we can only use some blips from MTA which you can find it from here.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Radar_Blips

Yet criminal boss can put blip on that place so we don't need another as you were said that blip on that area are too many.

:cros:
« Last Edit: 27 07, 2022, 02:25:11 am by Coke »
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #2 on: 26 07, 2022, 01:18:07 pm »
Voting    :cros:
A criminal boss can already put a blip on the map for riots, JFM being in the gps menu is enough. your suggestion wouldn't fix the problem since riots can be anywhere other than JFM which they mostly are.

Offline MetallicaGR

• Donator L1
« Reply #3 on: 26 07, 2022, 01:32:23 pm »
Voting    :cros:
A criminal boss can already put a blip on the map for riots, JFM being in the gps menu is enough. your suggestion wouldn't fix the problem since riots can be anywhere other than JFM which they mostly are.

I think it can help groups to host their own riots during times that there are no criminal bosses online and since the blip will appear only once there are more than 2 players inside JFM I don't think it will cause any issues.

PA~|C|MetallicaGR>UB: Proud CAMORRA member since 30/12/12. Correct rank Underboss! Official CAMORRA Honorable.
Added Metallica - lol for everything you've done and considering the time you've been around (even more than almost all CAMORRA current leaders) the least we can do is giving you the privilege to help us to decide who should and should not be part of the family. (30.01.2015, Luther)

Offline M1D0

• The Legend
  • Honorable
  • INSANE.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #4 on: 26 07, 2022, 02:05:53 pm »
I see that the JFM is an iconic place for us in CIT, with or without the CB blip is should always shine in the map. I'll be positive.

Offline HomoS

• ███████||||] 69%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Mongols_MC
  • Ingame: НσмσS | НσмσZ~
  • Squad: Τнє_Vєℓєиτzαs
« Reply #5 on: 26 07, 2022, 07:44:53 pm »
I agree with this suggestion, JFM is one of the most known places in the server and adding a blip to it would bring new players' attention to it and they might know what it's for and make it active once again, My vote is Positive! :tick:

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #6 on: 26 07, 2022, 08:37:57 pm »
JFM is not used until a CB starts a RIOT there and if the CB makes a riot there then he'll add a riot blip on it. Since JFM has no use other than riot then this suggestion does not make any sense.  :cros:

I think it can help groups to host their own riots during times that there are no criminal bosses online and since the blip will appear only once there are more than 2 players inside JFM I don't think it will cause any issues.
Easier said than done
« Last Edit: 26 07, 2022, 08:46:43 pm by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #7 on: 27 07, 2022, 01:11:13 pm »
Imo, this is random.. Adding icon in JFM is totally useless, if there is a riot hosted in the JFM, then simply the Crimeboss have to plant a destination waypoint/mark. Thus, negative  :cros:

Offline Dinçer

• Junior Community Member
  • nene hatun
    YearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Dincer
« Reply #8 on: 27 07, 2022, 02:50:46 pm »
A blip on map shows JFM won't be a problem and would make crim bosses job easier, he won't need to put a blip but what if I make an event with my group on JFM? or some guys decided to make something on JFM?, so I have to call crim boss to put a blip on JFM according to you guys argument. Well just a blip on map, won't break up the whole server while there is a lot of things in los santos already so positive    :tick: no matter what.
Anlayana...

Offline Culph

• Recently got alot of fans
    YearsYears
  • Ingame: Culph
  • Squad: Vainglory
« Reply #9 on: 28 07, 2022, 10:26:54 pm »
Adding a blip for JFM is just useless as CBs can put up a blip and they can also use  /gps navigate JFM.  :cros:

Offline MetallicaGR

• Donator L1
« Reply #10 on: 29 07, 2022, 01:36:36 pm »
Adding a blip for JFM is just useless as CBs can put up a blip and they can also use  /gps navigate JFM.  :cros:
This suggestion is mostly towards new players since most of them won't know where JFM is or how to use /gps. Most of them actually don't even know about this command which is really bad since it can really help them and make their life easier.

JFM is not used until a CB starts a RIOT there and if the CB makes a riot there then he'll add a riot blip on it. Since JFM has no use other than riot then this suggestion does not make any sense.  :cros:
Easier said than done
Imo, this is random.. Adding icon in JFM is totally useless, if there is a riot hosted in the JFM, then simply the Crimeboss have to plant a destination waypoint/mark. Thus, negative  :cros:

There are a lot of criminal groups who actually host riots and cophunts in JFM just for fun. Farthermore there are time that people are hosting a riot in JFM but there isn't a CB online to put a blip on the map. So I think it can really help people make their own riots and cophunts without worrying if a CB is online or not.

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #11 on: 29 07, 2022, 04:56:10 pm »
JFM is a special place in LS and it needs a blip.
The better riots ever happened at JFM and for me is the best place for a Riot, without lag without nothing.
Also sometimes a group of criminals with small ammount of players they going at JFM and start riot alone without a CB, so no blip.
Positive  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline Jokey

• Junior Community Member
  • CIT DJ, State Official, CEM
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Jokey
  • Squad: NeXuS_Squad
« Reply #12 on: 30 07, 2022, 11:38:30 pm »
JFM is unlike any other rioting maps, it can be used by anyone anytime (as far as I remember) so I think it does deserve an Icon for itself, even if it's small one, any indication that will lead newbie criminals and gangsters to check it out and make themselves some money will be a good addition.  :tick:
Added EvilKoala as SO
Tuesday, August 24, 2022:  BabY and  Jokey have passed their trial period and thus promoted to State Officials. (SO Team)

Online Community Event Managers: Jokey[Biker-P]

Offline MetallicaGR

• Donator L1
« Reply #13 on: 31 07, 2022, 08:52:22 am »
JFM is unlike any other rioting maps, it can be used by anyone anytime (as far as I remember) so I think it does deserve an Icon for itself, even if it's small one, any indication that will lead newbie criminals and gangsters to check it out and make themselves some money will be a good addition.  :tick:
Yes that's correct ! Everyone can host their own riot or cophunt in JFM and like I stated above there isn't always a CB online to put a blip on the map.

Offline yanza

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 31 07, 2022, 09:01:55 am »
As we all know that the JFM (Jefferson Motel) is one of the most used place for riots and criminal activities and it would be great to add a blip to it, which will attract more attention from the people on it. Specially it's really useful for the new players. Therefore, I am voting Positive.