Author Topic: Huge fps drop all of a sudden  (Read 837 times)

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
Huge fps drop all of a sudden
« on: 15 08, 2022, 01:14:20 am »
I have been active in CIT for maybe a month and have been playing daily with no problems
Today the game started having fps drops it was kinda ok at first but kep getting worse, now when I try to connect to CIT the game freezes and says disconnected after a while, if I manage to get in and login to my account I get kicked because the game stays frozen
I made sure my laptop isnt over heating, restored system to a previous point and re installed mta
Help :ree: :ree: :ree: :ree:

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
Re: Huge fps drop all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: 15 08, 2022, 02:41:03 am »
Probably, when you were died in a strange place ingame. So, I advice you to follow this method.

Open MTA > Find CIT Server > On login panel don't log in yet > Press F8 a.k.a MTA config > Type kill or stuck > then log in.

@Crash28
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline Crash28

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 15 08, 2022, 05:00:43 am »
Probably, when you were died in a strange place ingame. So, I advice you to follow this method.

Open MTA > Find CIT Server > On login panel don't log in yet > Press F8 a.k.a MTA config > Type kill or stuck > then log in.

@Crash28
dont think so since the fps drop starts when I connect to cit b4 even loggingin
First open MTA, go to settings and see if Disable driver overrides option is checked, if it is uncheck it. Also make sure that to upgrade your windows to latest build. If you're using ENB just remove it and upgrade your graphic card driver to the last version. If the problem is not solved after trying these things I wrote, please inform me because I will suggest other solutions depending on the situation.

i mean the settings were fine I didn't change them so I dont think this would work either, I will try tmrw tho

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #3 on: 15 08, 2022, 05:02:24 am »
dont think so since the fps drop starts when I connect to cit b4 even loggingini mean the settings were fine I didn't change them so I dont think this would work either, I will try tmrw tho

I am talking about to do /kill or /stuck on MTA config before you login. So, on login panel press F8 then Type those commands and then login.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 15 08, 2022, 08:43:35 am »
Check through task manager (while running MTA) if something is consuming a lot of your CPU. M/GTA is single threaded, if one of your CPU cores hits 100% usage you get FPS drops and or game freezes.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Crash28

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 15 08, 2022, 03:49:52 pm »
Check through task manager (while running MTA) if something is consuming a lot of your CPU. M/GTA is single threaded, if one of your CPU cores hits 100% usage you get FPS drops and or game freezes.
cpu usage is normal
First of all, make sure your graphic card driver is updated.

Secondly, I’ve got two questions for you:

1. Does your issue occur whenever you try logging in CIT server or in-general?
2. If in-general, have you ever tried using borderless keep res via MTA Settings?

If it’s CIT-related, then remove the entire CIT resources folder through MTA San Andreas > Mods > Deathmatch > Delete "resources" folder.

Plus, you may check the following guide too: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=158399.msg5283314#msg5283314

Hopefully it helps you fixing the issue. If not, keep us up to date please with providing screen-shots of the error messages you get once connecting, so we might diagnose and solve it.
uaing borderless made it better I can login to cit now although textures take too long to render for some reason which makes the game freeze whenever I go anywhere
 And yes I have streaming memory set to max

Offline Crash28

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 15 08, 2022, 04:58:21 pm »
I played around with the settings and its playable again so I guess this can be locked thamks everyone