Author Topic: Best 2 ways to protect your router  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
Best 2 ways to protect your router
« on: 26 01, 2020, 02:37:54 pm »

Hey brothers!
I am here today to show you how to protect your router from hackers' attacks and the people who want to steal WLAN connection from your router for free and without knowing from you, they decrease the speed connection and make the Limit Storage decrease very fast, then they force you to make a new additional capacity (For example: 20 gb) to use the internet again.

Why this way is very safe ? Because we will use the options in the router, so there is no dangerous in the way.

Why they can not hack it again ? Because they won't connect to the WLAN, LAN & Router even if they have the passwords.

What is the meaning of WLAN & LAN ?
- WLAN: Wireless-Local-Area-Network
- LAN: Local-Area-Network
WLAN means Wi-Fi connection and the devices like smartphones, ipad, laptop..etc and LAN means Local connection and the devices like Computers.

Explanation ?
There is 2 ways to protect your WLAN, LAN & Router by using the whitelist and blacklist.

If you add someone to the black list that means that everyone can use your connection if they have the password except the guys in the blacklist, and if you add someone to whitelist that means that there is no ability to use the connection for everyone except the guy in the whitelist even you and even if you/they have the passwords!

so if you will use the whitelist option then you should make sure that you stated your devices first, and if you will use the blacklist option then you should make sure that you didn't state your devices.

For me I am using the whitelist option because if I used blacklist one then I should add every other one to the blacklist and it's an annoying process for me, so adding your devices to the whietlist is the strongest way for you because they won't enter the connection even if they have the password of your Wi-Fi.

How it works ?
For WLAN there are 2 options (Blacklist & Whitelist) but for LAN connection there is one option (Blacklist).

How to know all the devices which use my connection ?
You can know them from the router and this software"Wireless Network Watcher", you can see information about the devices like names, MAC Address...etc, now how can you know which is your phone and computer and router...etc ?

How to know my phone MAC Address ?
Follow these steps to know your MAC Address

Tutorial for how to use the blacklist and whitelist in protecting the router ?

Information
Permit: the devices in the list will be the only devices which can connect to the connection, and the others won't have this ability even if they know wi-fi the password, so if you will choose it then you should put your devices in the list first.
Block: the devices in the list won't connect to the connection even if they have wi-fi password and the others will if they have it.

Greetings,
Thunder
« Last Edit: 26 01, 2020, 02:43:37 pm by Thunder »
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline MacMan

• Everyone is perfect in his own way
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
Re: Best 2 ways to protect your router
« Reply #1 on: 03 02, 2020, 03:53:22 pm »
@Chin

Is this kind of tutorial allowed here ? I think only guides for MTA are allowed right ?
It's general tutorial and helpful for MTA since it helps your internet connection by protecting your router and will decrease your ping, I believe it's accepted and we can leave it.
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me