Author Topic: Removing the automatic punishments from the punishlog.  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Merridew

• Regular Community Member
  • Good old days
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Removing the automatic punishments from the punishlog.
« on: 22 04, 2014, 12:42:00 am »
Hello Community,

I'm suggesting to remove the VehiclePunch & StaffPunch from the punishlog.

Simply if someone punched a Vehicle by wrong he shall be jailed for 5 minutes, and StaffPunch for 10 minutes.

It's enough, and annoying also if someone gets denied from joining a group because he just wrongly punched a vehicle.

Increasing the jail period would be enough, from 5 minutes to 10 minutes and from 10 minutes regarding to StaffPunch to 20 minutes.

This will actually help as many of us appealing their automatically punishments and it's not allowed.

Feel free to suggest anything related to the main subject.

Thanks for reading.

They should be removed after a period of time , 2 weeks maybe?
« Last Edit: 22 04, 2014, 12:51:00 am by Merridew »

Former SAPD Chief Inspector, Former Police Chief.

henry997

Re: Removing the automatic punishments from the punishlog.
« Reply #1 on: 22 04, 2014, 12:46:18 am »
They should be removed after a period of time , 2 weeks maybe?

Luther.

« Reply #2 on: 22 04, 2014, 12:48:58 am »
Vehicle punch? Ok, I don't see why it should be there.
No to "StaffPunch" removal. Why? Because you punched a staff and no one should do that in any circumstance, thus it should be in the punishlog.
I'm neutral for now.

Offline ShaDy.

• Senior Community Member
  • Life is strange
  • Group: ProTugas
  • Ingame: [CIT]ShaDy
« Reply #3 on: 22 04, 2014, 12:58:58 am »
Punishments are Punishments whether they are a staff punishments or a non staff punishments they belong to your punishlog, also why do you care about them in your punishlog they are not even important .
50000 People used to live here... Now it's a ghost town.
https://prnt.sc/lj36jr

Offline Merridew

• Good old days
« Reply #4 on: 22 04, 2014, 01:03:23 am »
Punishments are Punishments whether they are a staff punishments or a non staff punishments they belong to your punishlog, also why do you care about them in your punishlog they are not even important .

I don't even have any of them, btw.

I just care about someone who gets denied from joining a group because he just wrongly punched a vehicle.

Also Staff members who gets annoying from who appeal his VehiclePunch.

And yeah, if you don't like you just have a -1, thanks.

Former SAPD Chief Inspector, Former Police Chief.

Luther.

« Reply #5 on: 22 04, 2014, 01:07:09 am »
I don't even have any of them, btw.

I just care about someone who gets denied from joining a group because he just wrongly punched a vehicle.

Also Staff members who gets annoying from who appeal his VehiclePunch.

And yeah, if you don't like you just have a -1, thanks.
You got it wrong...
1. When I said "Because you punched a staff (...) blabla" I didn't mean "You, Merridew"; it's an expression.
2. I agree on removing such non-important punishments like "VehiclePunch" [I'd say remove the first 3 and keep the others because if you get jailled more than 3 times for that, you're clearly a troller] but I don't agree on removing "StaffPunch" for the reason I stated above.

That's why I'm neutral, I only agree with half of the suggestion.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #6 on: 22 04, 2014, 02:02:34 am »
Seeing as punishlogs are in no way used for what their original purpose was intended for these days, so they are some sort of badge where if you have many punishments are are less worth than a normal player, which was certainly not the original purpose it should serve, maybe it would make sense to just make rough automated punishments instead of adding a line.

So instead of these oh so incredibly devil punishment lines (as some see them these days for some reason), you could just be thrown into jail for 30 minutes for staff punch or vehicle punch. If its a mistake then oh well, take care next time and serve your 30 minutes, it's not all that long. If you feel like punching a vehicle or staff for fun, then enjoy half an hour in jail, its your fault. That could be one solution.
Of course it could be any time or whatever but that could replace that line if it was removed, so that players wont complain about people now being able to do this auto punished stuff without anything happening but a 3 minute jail.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Albertosso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ---
  • Ingame: not active
  • Squad: ---
« Reply #7 on: 22 04, 2014, 04:15:47 pm »
I'm against this because I don't understand why should they be removed from our punishlogs. Punching/Shooting a vehicle/admin requires you to voluntary press the LMB button, which can not be considered as an accident. 

It's enough, and annoying also if someone gets denied from joining a group because he just wrongly punched a vehicle.

As a lider of an semi-official group I can assure you that the acceptance or the denial of an application is made by analising a lot of aspects of the application. Related to the punishlog we analize not only the date of the last punishment but what he was punished for (the rule itself), the multiplier (x2, x7, x19), and the total ammount of punishments on that account.
Excluding the Staff/VehiclePunch from the punishlog is not like excluding the slaps and kicks.
As far as I remember there wasn't even a single time when I accepted / denied an application because of a staffpunch or vehiclepunch.
And, If you (as leader) see someone with 5-6 Staffpunch / Vehiclepunch jails iin 2 days, that can tell you something about the personality of that player which can be important in some decissions.
Ex. Regular Community Member
Ex. RO, SAPD and FP member

Proud player of 2012-2015 era.

in-active - forum only
About me

It's Albert, not Alber, Abler, Alberto, Ablerto or anything like that.

Offline MaXenon

• The Dragonborn
  • Senior Community Member
  • Creator of the Gangsta Nation
  • Group: FFH
  • Ingame: MaXenon
« Reply #8 on: 29 04, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »
I am positive because,
Maybe this member is new player in server and he don't know to get jailed for punc staff or vehicles. Everybody can make it, it is normal.
Or You wrongly punched a vehicle and it is showing in your punishlog isn't good for someones.

Offline VDN

« Reply #9 on: 30 04, 2014, 12:32:38 am »
I'm against this because I don't understand why should they be removed from our punishlogs. Punching/Shooting a vehicle/admin requires you to voluntary press the LMB button, which can not be considered as an accident.
Sure it cannot be considered as a accident, but sometimes it is like once I was joking with my groupmate until 100 HP got removed in one row. I couldn't appeal for it since it isn't allowed to appeal for Slaps/Vehicle punches etc.

But i'm still a bit curious about the admin punch, Imo if you punched a admin it could also get considered as trolling etc. So couldn't be a accident at all

fadyjoseph21

« Reply #10 on: 01 05, 2014, 12:04:52 am »
I am positive because,
Maybe this member is new player in server and he don't know to get jailed for punc staff or vehicles.

So what about auto removing this lines if the player have less that 500 hours ?

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #11 on: 01 05, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »
Done.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.