Author Topic: Game Review  (Read 28537 times)

Abdoice

Re: Game Review
« Reply #15 on: 04 08, 2014, 12:19:38 am »
I got a suggestion, a tutorial should be added at the beginning, when someone new registers. Cop: a criminal bot will be standing, and you should hit him 3 times with your nightstick, then a moving target, then an attacking target.
Criminal: rob a house, kill a cop, etc...
Civilian: at the beginning of each job you choose, a short tutorial should be added, showing everything with steps, but a shorter version of the job.

Abdoice

« Reply #16 on: 04 08, 2014, 12:39:31 am »
What I am suggesting is something different, like a tutorial level in a game, like crossfire tutorial

Offline Zedd

• Donator L1
  • Notorious MC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: 04 08, 2014, 12:42:21 am »
I'm working for a tutorial in episodes, So if beginners finish episode one, and got learned, they can see what's next, and what else they can do in next episodes, It may take 2 days for it.

MagicTampa

« Reply #18 on: 04 08, 2014, 03:29:33 am »
Just thinking, what if we take someone who knows editing and stuff to make a professional review and stuff? I can make it but editing is a problem.
Well, if anyone is making a serious review they will definitely review how it is to be a new player. It'd be hard for a regular to pretend they don't know anything about the server though.

Well, I guess you mean by like a point of view of a new player right? It can be done, but I doubt if new players will do this. And a regular, as you stated, can't act like a newbie.
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2014, 10:37:25 am by MagicTampa »

Luther.

« Reply #19 on: 04 08, 2014, 04:38:42 am »
My review...

Welcome to CIT.

CIT is a MTA Server different from every single other server. Here, you can have a "virtual life". You can have a job, you can marry, you can be in a group (many consider their group as their family), you can have a car... It's a perfect life. It's like a second world.
          Once you register in the server, you can choose between 3 sides: Criminal, Civilian, Law Enforcer. There are several activities in the 3 teams:
  • As a Criminal, you can rob houses, rob stores, kill cops, craft drugs and the main criminal activity: Turf Wars; To participate in Turf Wars, you need to be in a group. The place where the wars take place is in Las Venturas, the whole city. There are small turfs for over the city which should be taken by groups. To take a turf, you should stay inside the turf with your group members and you're supposed to be there until the "Turfing Counter" reaches 100%. Of course that the other groups will try to attack your turfs and you're supposed to defend them by going back to your turf and killing your enemies so you can put it again in 100%.
  • As a Civilian, you can work in several jobs. There are many jobs just like in real life: Pilot, Taxi Driver, Fisherman, Miner, Farmer, News Reporter and Lumberjack are some of them. You should go to the job marker which will be in a specific place, you should take the job and follow the instructions in order to succesfully work. You'll get good money by doing it.
  • As A Law Enforcer, you're supposed to keep the server clean from criminals. For each activity that criminals do, they'll get "Wanted Level". That "wanted level" is what makes them able to be arrested by cops. Cops should use their nightstick and beat 3 times in a criminal in order to arrest them or they can just kill the criminals with their guns.

Ingame, you'll have access to several shortcuts (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12).
          F1 - Opens the Server Rules and Information.
          F2 - Opens the Vehicles System Panel.
          F3 - Opens the Squad Panel.
          F4 - Opens the Drugs Panel.
          F5 - Opens your current job panel.
          F6 - Opens the Group Panel.
          F7 - Opens the Market Panel.
          F8 - Opens the MTA Console.
          F9 - Opens the CIT Chatrooms System.
          F10 - Opens the Advertisement Panel.
          F11 - Opens San Andreas Map.
          F12 - Takes a screenshot which can be found in MTA Folder.

Now, I'll talk in detail about every system in CIT:
  • The Vehicle System is one of the best systems in CIT. You can buy your own car/bike/plane/heli/boat in a shop and you'll be able to spawn it and hide it whenever you want. To access these abilities, you just need to press F2 when you're ingame and if you have any vehicle, you'll be able to spawn it in the last place you've hidden it. Once you spawn it, you're able to drive it. When you don't want to drive it anymore, you should press F2 again, select your vehicle and click in "Hide" or simply do /hide in the mainchat ('T').
  • The Group system is, in my opinion, the best system in CIT. You can create a group by pressing F6, you'll see a box to type your group name and you can create it. Once you do it, you can invite people to your group, you can promote them to a better rank, you can warn them, you can demote them and you can even kick them from your group. Remember that to turf, you should be in a group. If your group is active and has good members, you'll be rewarded with the possibility to apply for a base. Your group can have an own place, a base where you can have meetings or simply have fun with your group members. Criminal groups must have their base in LV. Law and Civilian groups must have their bases in LS/SF. There are 3 types of groups: Community Groups, Semi-Official Groups and Official Groups. Community Groups are the groups that just got created, they'll need to wait some time to prove themselves and to show that they deserve some perks like a forum board, a base and car spawners. Semi-Official groups are the groups that have all these perks (forum board, base, car spawner, health marker...). Official Groups are the oldest groups in the community. There are only 13 official Groups. Official Groups have all the perks of a semi-official group and they also have perks like "group job", special interiors in their bases, armor pickups, base respawn when their members die, armed vehicles (for law groups)...
  • If you're in a group, you can have an alliance with another groups. It's usefull to Turf Wars. You'll be stronger. You just need to use /alliance and you can create one and invite another groups to your alliance.
  • Squad System is exactly like Group System but there is 1 simple difference: You can't turf with it.
  • The Drugs System is great. There are (LSD, Weed, Speed, God, Steroids, Heroin and Mescaline). LSD will allow you to view everything through walls, Weed will make you jump higher, God will increase your lifebar from 100hp to 200hp, Steroids will give you 2hp each 8 secs, Heroin will give you semi-invencibility which means that you'll take less damage if someone shoots at you, Mescaline is the drug you should use if you want to check what's happening around (you just need to take a hit of Mescaline and you'll see everything just like you see when you're in MTA Map Editor). You can get drugs by attending criminal events (I'll talk about them later), robbing houses, buying it and even by crafting.
  • There's a Market. The place where everyone is able to buy/sell stuff. You just need to press F7 when you're ingame and you'll see a list of items that you can buy, such as drugs and weapons.
  • The CIT Roomchat system allows you to be in a chat room with many players. You just need to create a chat room and you can invite whoever you want. There's only one problem with that system: You can only be in one room.
  • If you want to sell or buy something, there's nothing better than the Advertisement Panel. Why would you spam the chat and disturb the gameplay of the other players if there's a specific place to advertise? Yes, you just need to press F10 and there will be a list of every single advertisements. To add one, you just need to type your advertisement in the box and click in "Add". To remove it, double click in the advertisement.

Criminal Events:

Frist of all, what's a criminal event? Pretty simple. A criminal event is a robbery. Criminals will fight cops. Criminals are supposed to hold the checkpoints for 6 or 8 minutes (it depends on the event) and kill the cops, once they successfuly hold it for 6 or 8 minutes (it depends on the event), they can escape. Cops are obviously supposed to kill the criminals. For each kill, the killer will receive 4000$, 20 hits of each drug and cops will also receive money because they arrested the criminal.
There are 7 Criminal Events (Bank Robbery, Drug Factory Robbery, Pollice Department Raid, Mad Dog's Mansion Robery, Drug Shipment, Aircraft Carrier Assault, San Fierro Bank Robbery):
  • BR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place in Los Santos Bank and it's in a mapped interior.
  • DFR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place near Jefferson and it's in a mapped interior.
  • PDR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in Dillimore and it's outside.
  • MDM: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place next to BR, in Mad Dog's Mansion and it's in a mapped interior.
  • DS: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in the big ship in LS Docks.
  • ACA: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in the San Fierro Navy Ship, next to SFPD.
  • SFB: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place in San Fierro Bank and it's in a mapped interior.

CITPhone:

When you're ingame, if you press B you'll open the CITPhone. This phone gives you access to many features in the game.
  • Camera: You can take some pictures around, but it's just for fun.
  • Notes: Really useful to take some notes (as the name says). Your notes will be saved even if you logout.
  • Clock: Here you can see the current time (in real life) and the date.
  • Caluclator: Pretty useful if you want to make some counts. Just like in real life... it's a calculator.
  • Send Money: By clicking here, you'll have a box to type the name of a player who's online and you'll have another box to type the amount you want to send.
  • Weather: Here you can see how the weather is... ingame.
  • Mark Players: Here you can type the name of a player you want to mark. If you mark someone, he'll have a blip in your F11 map so you can know where he is.
  • My House: Here you can see your houses. You can also blip your houses in your F11 Map if you want to know where it is.
  • Lottery: Here you'll have a box where you'll type a number (1-20). It's like the lottery in real life. Everyone can play. Each ticket costs 5000$.
  • Criminal Events: Here you can see the criminal events order and in how many minutes it'll start.
  • Citbook: It's like the Facebook but in CIT. Once you click here, you'll see a panel and you'll be able to add friends and you can chat with them in /fmsg.
  • Translate: A simple translator where you can translate words from a language to another one.
  • SMS: This is how you communicate with another players. You need to type their name in the box and there will be another bo to type your message.
  • Radio: If you click in here, you can select a radio to listen to music. Those are real radios.
  • Call Service: If you need some help from any law enforcer, paramedic, some ride from a taxi driver, you can ask for it by clicking in there.
  • Settings: It'll open a big GUI where you can see and edit all your ingame settings.

My opinion...
          The server is extremely good. As you've seen in my review, the only thing that should be added, in my opinion, is a the ability to be in more than one chat room. Maybe a new chat room would be the best solution as the Chat Room Management is also kinda bugged (you can't see who's online - I guess that the bug has been reported before).
          This is my own review, I know I didn't talk that about Civilian Jobs but that's because I don't play as civilian, maybe someone who plays as civilian might make a better review about Civilian Jobs. I hope I have done something good... it took me about 1h30 to write everything.

Regards,
Luther.
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2014, 04:46:16 am by Luther »

HeatBlast

« Reply #20 on: 04 08, 2014, 05:59:34 am »
New Players

Some days ago a new friend of mine started playing CIT but then he had to leave it because it was too difficult for him. You only get 10k at the start and also most new people don't know about the VIP system so the VIP hours given to them is useless. I think this is the main reason people who join the server leave within less than a month. So if you enable being able to receive money for new players, that'd be great since it will help them get their CIT life started. Also the money you get at the start should be increased imo to like 30-40k since 10k is nothing these days. Also if the VIP given to them is for 10 hours of playtime, that would be useful for them.

Criminal Events

So I think its pretty unrealistic to get drugs for robbing a bank and getting drugs when u rob a aircraft carrier. I think the payment should be according to the event. In a drug factory, you should get more drugs (only drugs if the amount is raised) and in the aircraft carrier you should get ammo (instead of drugs) since the military keep guns and stuff at the aircraft carrier. While robbing the Bank you should get more money (like 10-15k) since its a Bank robbery. MDM is a raid inside a mansion so it might even have drugs so the payment can be money and drugs. For the SFB, you should get only money like in the LSB. In DS, just like DFR, you should get more drugs.

RPGs

Currently the cops get all kind of armed vehicles (hunter, hydra, sea sparrow etc) and it is almost  impossible to shoot these down with any gun so I think the Heat seeking RPGs (or ordinary RPGs) should be available at the store for sale but with a limit of how much you can carry (4-5). This makes it possible for criminals to defend themselves from the aerial vehicles. Afaik it is possible to make the RPGs not damage cops on the ground and only damage vehicles so I guess that solves the problem of criminals shooting cops with RPGs so kill them.

Will give reviews on other topics soon

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #21 on: 04 08, 2014, 12:06:56 pm »
Show content
My review...

Welcome to CIT.

CIT is a MTA Server different from every single other server. Here, you can have a "virtual life". You can have a job, you can marry, you can be in a group (many consider their group as their family), you can have a car... It's a perfect life. It's like a second world.
          Once you register in the server, you can choose between 3 sides: Criminal, Civilian, Law Enforcer. There are several activities in the 3 teams:
  • As a Criminal, you can rob houses, rob stores, kill cops, craft drugs and the main criminal activity: Turf Wars; To participate in Turf Wars, you need to be in a group. The place where the wars take place is in Las Venturas, the whole city. There are small turfs for over the city which should be taken by groups. To take a turf, you should stay inside the turf with your group members and you're supposed to be there until the "Turfing Counter" reaches 100%. Of course that the other groups will try to attack your turfs and you're supposed to defend them by going back to your turf and killing your enemies so you can put it again in 100%.
  • As a Civilian, you can work in several jobs. There are many jobs just like in real life: Pilot, Taxi Driver, Fisherman, Miner, Farmer, News Reporter and Lumberjack are some of them. You should go to the job marker which will be in a specific place, you should take the job and follow the instructions in order to succesfully work. You'll get good money by doing it.
  • As A Law Enforcer, you're supposed to keep the server clean from criminals. For each activity that criminals do, they'll get "Wanted Level". That "wanted level" is what makes them able to be arrested by cops. Cops should use their nightstick and beat 3 times in a criminal in order to arrest them or they can just kill the criminals with their guns.

Ingame, you'll have access to several shortcuts (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12).
          F1 - Opens the Server Rules and Information.
          F2 - Opens the Vehicles System Panel.
          F3 - Opens the Squad Panel.
          F4 - Opens the Drugs Panel.
          F5 - Opens your current job panel.
          F6 - Opens the Group Panel.
          F7 - Opens the Market Panel.
          F8 - Opens the MTA Console.
          F9 - Opens the CIT Chatrooms System.
          F10 - Opens the Advertisement Panel.
          F11 - Opens San Andreas Map.
          F12 - Takes a screenshot which can be found in MTA Folder.

Now, I'll talk in detail about every system in CIT:
  • The Vehicle System is one of the best systems in CIT. You can buy your own car/bike/plane/heli/boat in a shop and you'll be able to spawn it and hide it whenever you want. To access these abilities, you just need to press F2 when you're ingame and if you have any vehicle, you'll be able to spawn it in the last place you've hidden it. Once you spawn it, you're able to drive it. When you don't want to drive it anymore, you should press F2 again, select your vehicle and click in "Hide" or simply do /hide in the mainchat ('T').
  • The Group system is, in my opinion, the best system in CIT. You can create a group by pressing F6, you'll see a box to type your group name and you can create it. Once you do it, you can invite people to your group, you can promote them to a better rank, you can warn them, you can demote them and you can even kick them from your group. Remember that to turf, you should be in a group. If your group is active and has good members, you'll be rewarded with the possibility to apply for a base. Your group can have an own place, a base where you can have meetings or simply have fun with your group members. Criminal groups must have their base in LV. Law and Civilian groups must have their bases in LS/SF. There are 3 types of groups: Community Groups, Semi-Official Groups and Official Groups. Community Groups are the groups that just got created, they'll need to wait some time to prove themselves and to show that they deserve some perks like a forum board, a base and car spawners. Semi-Official groups are the groups that have all these perks (forum board, base, car spawner, health marker...). Official Groups are the oldest groups in the community. There are only 13 official Groups. Official Groups have all the perks of a semi-official group and they also have perks like "group job", special interiors in their bases, armor pickups, base respawn when their members die, armed vehicles (for law groups)...
  • If you're in a group, you can have an alliance with another groups. It's usefull to Turf Wars. You'll be stronger. You just need to use /alliance and you can create one and invite another groups to your alliance.
  • Squad System is exactly like Group System but there is 1 simple difference: You can't turf with it.
  • The Drugs System is great. There are (LSD, Weed, Speed, God, Steroids, Heroin and Mescaline). LSD will allow you to view everything through walls, Weed will make you jump higher, God will increase your lifebar from 100hp to 200hp, Steroids will give you 2hp each 8 secs, Heroin will give you semi-invencibility which means that you'll take less damage if someone shoots at you, Mescaline is the drug you should use if you want to check what's happening around (you just need to take a hit of Mescaline and you'll see everything just like you see when you're in MTA Map Editor). You can get drugs by attending criminal events (I'll talk about them later), robbing houses, buying it and even by crafting.
  • There's a Market. The place where everyone is able to buy/sell stuff. You just need to press F7 when you're ingame and you'll see a list of items that you can buy, such as drugs and weapons.
  • The CIT Roomchat system allows you to be in a chat room with many players. You just need to create a chat room and you can invite whoever you want. There's only one problem with that system: You can only be in one room.
  • If you want to sell or buy something, there's nothing better than the Advertisement Panel. Why would you spam the chat and disturb the gameplay of the other players if there's a specific place to advertise? Yes, you just need to press F10 and there will be a list of every single advertisements. To add one, you just need to type your advertisement in the box and click in "Add". To remove it, double click in the advertisement.

Criminal Events:

Frist of all, what's a criminal event? Pretty simple. A criminal event is a robbery. Criminals will fight cops. Criminals are supposed to hold the checkpoints for 6 or 8 minutes (it depends on the event) and kill the cops, once they successfuly hold it for 6 or 8 minutes (it depends on the event), they can escape. Cops are obviously supposed to kill the criminals. For each kill, the killer will receive 4000$, 20 hits of each drug and cops will also receive money because they arrested the criminal.
There are 7 Criminal Events (Bank Robbery, Drug Factory Robbery, Pollice Department Raid, Mad Dog's Mansion Robery, Drug Shipment, Aircraft Carrier Assault, San Fierro Bank Robbery):
  • BR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place in Los Santos Bank and it's in a mapped interior.
  • DFR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place near Jefferson and it's in a mapped interior.
  • PDR: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in Dillimore and it's outside.
  • MDM: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place next to BR, in Mad Dog's Mansion and it's in a mapped interior.
  • DS: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in the big ship in LS Docks.
  • ACA: Once the event starts, criminals will have to stay in the event area for 6 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to rush inside the area to kill them all. The event takes place in the San Fierro Navy Ship, next to SFPD.
  • SFB: Once the event starts, criminals will have to hold all the checkpoints for 8 mins. Cops are supposed to kill the criminals and to avoid criminals to hold the checkpoints. The event takes place in San Fierro Bank and it's in a mapped interior.

CITPhone:

When you're ingame, if you press B you'll open the CITPhone. This phone gives you access to many features in the game.
  • Camera: You can take some pictures around, but it's just for fun.
  • Notes: Really useful to take some notes (as the name says). Your notes will be saved even if you logout.
  • Clock: Here you can see the current time (in real life) and the date.
  • Caluclator: Pretty useful if you want to make some counts. Just like in real life... it's a calculator.
  • Send Money: By clicking here, you'll have a box to type the name of a player who's online and you'll have another box to type the amount you want to send.
  • Weather: Here you can see how the weather is... ingame.
  • Mark Players: Here you can type the name of a player you want to mark. If you mark someone, he'll have a blip in your F11 map so you can know where he is.
  • My House: Here you can see your houses. You can also blip your houses in your F11 Map if you want to know where it is.
  • Lottery: Here you'll have a box where you'll type a number (1-20). It's like the lottery in real life. Everyone can play. Each ticket costs 5000$.
  • Criminal Events: Here you can see the criminal events order and in how many minutes it'll start.
  • Citbook: It's like the Facebook but in CIT. Once you click here, you'll see a panel and you'll be able to add friends and you can chat with them in /fmsg.
  • Translate: A simple translator where you can translate words from a language to another one.
  • SMS: This is how you communicate with another players. You need to type their name in the box and there will be another bo to type your message.
  • Radio: If you click in here, you can select a radio to listen to music. Those are real radios.
  • Call Service: If you need some help from any law enforcer, paramedic, some ride from a taxi driver, you can ask for it by clicking in there.
  • Settings: It'll open a big GUI where you can see and edit all your ingame settings.

My opinion...
          The server is extremely good. As you've seen in my review, the only thing that should be added, in my opinion, is a the ability to be in more than one chat room. Maybe a new chat room would be the best solution as the Chat Room Management is also kinda bugged (you can't see who's online - I guess that the bug has been reported before).
          This is my own review, I know I didn't talk that about Civilian Jobs but that's because I don't play as civilian, maybe someone who plays as civilian might make a better review about Civilian Jobs. I hope I have done something good... it took me about 1h30 to write everything.

Regards,
Luther.

Umm, your entire review was basically describing the game to us, we already know about the game. That's not a review.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

lizks

« Reply #22 on: 04 08, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »
The passed and the now cit.

Sometimes to find problems we need to look at our passed!

2012 CIT was in my opinion a simple game not saying there wasn't mods and all that grate stuff! but the system was simple you would ever start as a civilian, criminal or a cop. Criminals could be criminals and cops could be cops. Both side competed for who is the better side. Cops would always come out on top as they still do to this day, they make the money and criminals get to humiliate them for 20 minutes and that's the way it was and as a criminal that the way the majority as far as I know liked it... It was fun! Modern day cit hasn't got this aesthetically pleasing feeling anymore its turning dull. The way I think we can fix this is by looking at what cit did right, first off all the rules were not so strict criminals could act like criminals, DM, flaiming, fighting cops and gang wars. It gave being a criminal a character a role you had to play and indeed it was enjoyable yes sometimes it was breaking the rules but you was a criminal, not saying all criminals broke the rules thought ofc. I also am not blind to the fact we wont get this sense of role play back as long as their are very strict guide lines to follow.

In most game there is a sense of role play cod, battle field and all Grand theft autos we all have played cj in gta sa and it was embracing you embraced your character just like you do in cit. Even in cit at one point there was always the presence of role playing that's what made cit grate! there was the role play with out the strictness of a role playing server you didn't have to role play but the option was always apparent.

Im not going to keep on ranting about old times here is a couple of ideas I was thinking.

1) Gang fighting system, we all know LV is the city of the "mafia" but large number of us cant stand the play each to their own some love it some hate it!
I want cit to introduce a new gang fighting system that is totally separate to turfing. What Im getting at is any city anywhere. let me give you a example of what I am getting at. Two gangs hmm... "RED" and "BLUE" Red dislikes blue for what ever reasons, red decides to go to war with blue gang. Now this is where this system can be introduced  "gang wars" if blue accepts reds invitation to a gang war both groups can fight any place anywhere at anytime. To prevent trolling a group member you can leave/join the battle at anytime. Example so Peter wants to go make some money at the farm, he goes to the Gang war menu and drops out of the fight so he cant be interrupted  whilst  he goes about farming and making money. At any point a player can drop in and out of a gang war. This will add back more of a criminal gang vs gang to the city. LV is for turfing and not so much for gang wars you can also get interrupted by other gangs whilst fighting. This will also give more work for the cops to fight the criminals who are killing each other lets say I shot peter in the face with a sniper and killed with that would equal a wanted level.

2) Prison system, here are some quick idea that could be used in the prison, we all know at the moment prison is just a criminal waiting time and most of us just go afk. So here are some quick idea that could be used in the future. Drug making, ammo making, contraband that would be sold or formed into new materials, bare knuckle fighting events, possible guards.

Over all I conclude, rules need to be loosened because the server is coming unplayable and annoying, a roleplay aspect needs to be re-added to cit!

I know some of you will like my point of view some of you will hate it but please respect my opinions! Not saying all cit is bad because it isn't.

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: B K R S
« Reply #23 on: 04 08, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »
First of all - it's a really good server. Or used to be, at least. Lots of stuff to do, tip-top scripts made by Arran, by far more advanced than in other servers. But unfortunately, lately the server has lost one of it's original purposes - Roleplay elements. I don't actually even know if it really was this server's purpose, but I gotta agree with Lizks, it makes things better. I personally think that the loss of RP is a result of tightened rules. Flaming, Dming and stuff. You cannot car jack people? Criminals cannot attack cops without aiming at them for 2 seconds? A dude will start crying and reporting if called a ''cunt''? The state of freedom in speech in CIT is worse than in socialism countries. Community of Integrity and ''transparency'', at least it stands for what it is.. So yeah.. It is a good server, was fun to play, but has become rather dull due to strict rules and fake odds. So in my opinion, when some rules get softened, the community will eventually become more open and board-minded towards each other, and it also helps to bring back the good old RP. :)

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Junior Community Member
  • Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #24 on: 04 08, 2014, 03:01:21 pm »
Well @Arran if you do want a good feature but not that major then I have or lets say I had one. I recently saw that using commands you can change the aim of a weapon of an individual so what was impossible then could be possible now. Over here I suggested a new drug, beta blockers which would increase our accuracy. But since you stated out that an individual's accuracy could not be modified so it was denied. It received a fair amount of votes when it was first suggested so I guess it still may have the people's attention now. And plus a brand new drug in the game will be fun to have, but I am no more JCM so I can't re-suggest it, anyone be kind enough to re-suggest(with credits please) or unlock that if you can now change the accuracy of an individual please?
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘

Offline Tad

• Legit Scumbag 1%er
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Tad
  • Squad: F*ck squads yo
« Reply #25 on: 04 08, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »
I just wanted to add something to Lizks's and Tiigerhai's posts.

I agree with them, but my short opinion is that now days... Criminals forgot to have fun, seriously, they have. They only care about points and to get levels and stuff. And complain about some levels being hard to achieve and that at some crim jobs, you don't get much upgrades when you level up, like more money/rep points (even I sometimes don't understand why).

I would like to see more co-up (and no, not talking about Criminal Events, because that's the same story, points and tops).

I would also like to say something about the balance between crims and cops. But I'm not here to complain and I'm pretty sure this is no new story. Just that
everywhere I look, I see crims complaining about cops powers and the other way around. I don't think this will ever be fixed. And the most common reasons crims complain about cops is that most admins are in police groups and they might think that they get punished more than cops or that police groups are "powerful" because of that.

Thank you.

-A tad rude, a tad rad-

BFFB SFFS OFFO

It iz what it iz

Offline KillerOz

• CIT's Banana
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: KillerOz#USNS
« Reply #26 on: 04 08, 2014, 06:24:12 pm »
Hello,

I made this small review to try to share my ideas and some suggestions, sorry if you find any grammatical error.

This review is going to contain some main categories  :

A.First CIT access
B.Getting Money
C.Systems
D.Some suggestions

A.First CIT access
When players first join the server, they have to register, then they get 20k, 10 hours VIP, a Colt, and a silenced. After that, they keep receiving hints about some actions they do.
My suggestion : give them 20 of each drug, and make a tutorial with a progress, so when a player finished the tutorial, he gets some rewards like 25k, some colt ammo, and 20 of each drug, so that gives him the pleasure to stay in the server and try it out.

B.Getting Money

I.Civilian Jobs
To get money as beginner, the most common way is civilian jobs, the most used jobs are : Farmer, Fisherman, Iron/Cave miner because you can get money faster than other jobs, however, fisherman is no longer AFK job because of the latest update.
The medium used jobs are : Trucker, Delivery man, Bus Driver, News reporter, Mechanic. These jobs can give good payment but need more effort than previous ones.
The almost unused jobs are : Pilot, Street Cleaner, Lumberjack, Hokker, Taxi and Limo driver.
My suggestions: Increasing payment for Pilot, Street Cleaner, Hokker, Taxi and Limo driver, Bus driver.
Making missions for mechanics, where they have to spawn TowTrucks and find markers to pick up some cars, these cars are client-side, so they don't annoy other players.
II.Police Enforcement
This is one of the main teams of the server, it consists on arresting criminals, attending Crim events, traffic supervision, solving crimes as detectives.
However, the police enforcement gets limited online members of 80-110 max because people quickly get bored.
My suggestions :Make police detective a bit harder by placing some clues in interiors and maybe accessible roofs if possible, but raising the payment.
Making Traffic officer more interesting by raising the payment and the possibility to make stationnary speeding cam that can be placed to catch speeders, but there should be a way to avoid it being an AFK job, so the camera gets removed after some time (or if the player gets away from it) and it requires a cooldown to replace it again. The job cannot be so AFK because there are crims who are killing cops so he won't survive if he goes AFK.
Raising the arrests payment for the police by 10%, but making it normal in Crim Events.And as we all know, there is a bad thing called KS, so if you deal 30% of damage and another cop 50%, you get 50% of payment and APs, same as the other cop, but the player that deals the most of damage gets the arrest.Same in Crim Events, they share the extra bonus too.
III.Criminal
This is the biggest team in the server, however, it's not good for newbies because it makes them lose much money especially to pay jail fine, else, the crim would stay 1 hour in jail. However, there are aother activities like Briefcase, Hijack and Turfing, there they can't be arrested, however, they spend lots of money in ammo and weapons.
My suggestions : raising the payment when a crim kills a cop, since they almost get nothing.
Lowering the jail time by 30% at least.
If possible, making another city, or maybe just cloning LS, without Crim events or anything, to another place outside the map, and adding turfs to there and making it accessible for players who have under X hours (maybe under 400), because there are loads of turfers in LV and sea and oil turfs and new players can't find where to turf.
IV.Paramedic
The paramedic role is to heal injured people, cure infected people, and do some missions. However, there is lack of interest in this job except crim events.
My suggestions : raising the payment and making the medics get randomly a med kit while doing missions.(the last one is already suggested)

C.Systems
In CIT, there are lots of systems :
I.Groups
Groups system is the most used system, it allows to make a group with few steps...This system imo is correct, however there is a lack of group fighting, as there is only turfing.
My suggestions :Making a tournament system everyday evening, group leaders have to sign up their group, forming a team of 8 players that the leader choses, but the group has to be 1 month old at least.The team has to fight against 8 other teams(the first 8 who register, gets the right to participate, but there will be a waiting list of few groups, so if a registered group has less than 8 online members, the group will be kicked and replaced by the first one in waiting list, but this applies only before event starts), and in the end, there are 3 top ranks, the 1st group gets X amount of money and a resource like iron or explosives or nitrous for example. And the 2nd group gets less than 1st group, and the 3rd group gets less than the 2.The prizes are given automaticly by the system, depending on total damage that participant players have dealt. I'd like calling this tournament "Group War".
II.Squads
Squads are like group of players that are united to just have fun, or have extra activity.This system is just fine, and doesn't have to own everything a group has.
However, I have a suggestion : Since I think squads are not made to fight only, I think of making a squad event, Squad Race.(for 2 months old squads only)Squad leaders have to sign up 3 members, forming a racing team, and the system selects a random racing map from a predefined map list, the competers have to race by helping each other to go before the other teams. There will be 3 winners like Real Races, the global prize is X $ , the first racer, will get 50% of his prize that will be divided on his teammates, and the second will get 30%, and the last will get 20%. However, if a group gets 3 players in the top 3, they will get the whole prize, and if 2 players, the sum of their prizes (e.g :1st and 2nd = 50+30 = 80% / 2nd and 3rd = 30+20  = 50% / 1st and 3rd = 50+20 = 70%).
III.Trading System
The trading system is one of the main ways to buy and sell goods , actually it's the only way for that... However, players can be scammed, or maybe find the prices too high.
My suggestions :LX+ admins can set a price area for every good, for example, they make like medkits are 800-1200$ , so no player can sell below 800$ or above 1200$, this is useful to keep a stable economy.
Adding a trade system, so you can trade goods directly to avoid scamming, like you select the player, and select the good(s) to send to him , and a box for money if you want to add some. When you agree, and the other player agrees, the deal is done.And if possible, there can be a possibility to trade with a house too.
IV.Vehicle system
Nothing to add.
V.Tuning system
My suggestion :adding 3 tuning presets, so you can save and load a tuning.
VI.Drugs System
In CIT, you use drugs to survive, so yeah, they are very used, but there are some drugs that are for sale for high costs, because they are rare..Actually ,drugs can be earned via F7, Drug lab, crafting, Crim Events.
My suggestions :Making news ways to earn drugs, as the Flint Farm in unused, it can be changed into a drug farm, for example, every bale, the player has a chance to obtain some hits of drugs, the number of hits depends on the rarety of the drug (e.g : God : 4 / Heroin : 2 / Speed : 2 / Weed : 5 / LSD : 7 / Mescaline : 10 / Steroids : 5 ) .
VII.Advertisements System
This system is good, but it's very simple...
My suggestions : Adding Categories to F10 , so the player can choose what ads he wants to see ("Real Estate" , "Goods", "Group Recruitement", "Squad Recruitement".)
VII.GYM
This is not a big system, but I choosed to talk about it since we don't feel it's a gym.
My suggestions : Making new ways to have muscles, like the original GTA SA, you have to really workout, but you will have to pay.

And as we all know, Steroids no longer add  melee damage, so what about that we have to swim in a pool inside GYM, and by time, we gain "power" that makes melee damage bigger, but the power decreases slowly over time. Power will be rated on 100.
VIII.Food
This is an important point, since the restaurants are used like this : You need health, you can get in and get healed for 10$. Or if you are a crim, you get there, you camp and wait for cops to get in so you can kill them, and then spam that food marker.
My suggestions : Making a hunger system, with 4 states : "Bloated" , "Normal", "Hungry" , "Starving" . Once the health status reaches Hungry, the player starts losing health with time. But if it reaches "Starving", you lose health in big amounts, like virus or more.
Raising the prices of food to 200$ max and 100$ min.
IX.Houses
Houses are a great feature, they allow you to respawn there, to recover cars near your house, hide there, make a party and broadcast music, etc...
My suggestions : Making that fisherman job gives fish as resource that can be sold in the markers OR F7 or kept in the inventory. You can use the fish in your house to prepare food. The food preparation will take some minutes and it will fail sometimes, but if you succeed , you eat the food and get your hunger bloated, your health full, and an effect that a drug gives (your choice).
X.Criminal Events
Criminal events are events where criminals must fight against cops, and cops have to prevent criminals from holding checkpoints. We got now turrets that can defend us, but there are stupid players (actually, if I use "stupid", I would be talking about most of players, because they do the following) that just camp behind the turret and a wall all the time, which is silly and boring.
My suggestions : Back in time, there was something called police reinforcements, so after 5 minutes, more cops come, and enter to help their mates, and the reinforcements can come every 5 minutes as long as there are criminals inside, and less than 10 cops inside.So my suggestion is clear : bringing back the reinforcements. And NO, i'm not saying this because I play in law side, but because it's logical and makes it more balanced, I already made good ideas for criminals above, so yeah.
XI.Races
The Race is a small feature, which is unfortunately unused nowadays.
My suggestions :So I suggest making new mapped races in other dimensions, with bigger prizes, so it will be more interesting.

D.Some random suggestions
- We see many stunt servers, where players stay for long, but CIT is filled with players, but why not mix up both things, and add some teleport commands to another dimension, Stunting dimension. In this dimension, players will find multiple stunts around whole SA, and free spawning vehicles like NRG and Infernus to do the stunts... The player stands in a stunt starting point, and does command /startstunt, then he gets a marker and a message telling him to go to the marker to get a prize, like 2k.
- Limiting the amount of medkits that can be used in X minutes, since medkits are being used in a horrible way, a totally non-RP way, that prevents people from killing others except if they are cracks.
- Adding tuning library, as people will have to submit tunings in forums with a format containing the recommended vehicle and what does the tuning add, and when an admin confirms it, it gets added, so the player will go to tune shop where he can find "Tuning Presets", so he will be able to chose a preset and apply it to his car.
- Adding a new job : Sea Delivery, as we all know, the sea is almost dead in CIT except people who escape from DS and fishermen. So the Sea Delivery Men will have to deliver goods by sea, and get money, why not ?
- Adding a projectile GPS in police cars. The purpose of this is , in a chase, you can use a command that will attempt to throw a GPS in the criminal car, then it starts putting red markers that all visible to all police officers near you, the markers will trace the way of the escaping criminal. It's useful when you chase in a crowded area or you chase a stunter. However, there will be chances to fail, you will have to be aligned with the criminal car and within a X meters range of him.
- Adding sirens in all cars for police officers. I think this used to exist before, but I didn't try it, and I have no idea why it got removed.
- Adding speed cameras all around SA except LV, it's useful for some RP, and to prevent misconduct too ! When you are caught speeding, you will get fined like if you were driving in left side of the road. The fine depends on the additional speed you were going with.
- Adding Car DM arena. This would be an amazing feature, in another dimension, there will be several mapped arenas, where cars will fight using some guns, like RPGs, Miniguns, etc...
- Adding interior criminal events to /duel, useful to practice.
- Adding a kill history, that displays your kills and deaths for the current session.
- Adding a DM arena in jail. It can be very funny, since criminals usually go AFK when they get arrested and jailed, so this arena would be useful to practice your skills and have fun.

I may add/remove something from this review.

Feel free to discuss my opinions, even if I believe I might have posted some stupid ideas, but no one knows :D

No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #27 on: 04 08, 2014, 06:49:16 pm »
You guys are doing a great job but, Arran requested that instead of requesting tweaks to things that are already there, try coming up with something completely new.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #28 on: 04 08, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »
I think it's nobody's fault. CIT is maybe already in the level of its peak development. It's based on a game that is released a decade ago. It's got a very outdated game engine which limit possibilities. But let's see how far CIT differs from its base. I can say it's been developed awesomely. But remember, everything has its own limitations. All we can do is to make the best of those limitations.

The first bottleneck of CIT is for a game environment, the people here are somehow too strict. It seems like they like seeing other people lose or quit even for a simple mistake. I'll say if you want more people in the community, quit banning and punishing people from trivial things. Or at least, reduce your standards in it (Yes, it's a message for admins). People make mistake. Let punishment teaches, not to ditch people. Because there's nothing worst than a feeling that you're unneeded. That's the main reason why people quit things they even loved before.

Second is the not-so-fun limitations of features. Basically yet to be able to access certain features, you have to play in certain type of gameplay and ditching the other one(s). Do you want to use barriers, tank, or hydra? Well, you have to join those boring law groups that force you to be a police all the time and all that boring rules. (Sorry, groups) Same goes to criminal with their "criminal life". And even civilians..

Game features should be available to ones purely based on  their gaming skills and achievements, not things like "leading skill"/"More RP"/"Group officiality" or whatsoever. Give the "skilled gamers" the feature they deserve. For example allowing a police/crimnal with x Arrest points/Crim. Rep the access to spawn barriers regardless of what group they're in. Or even the Hydra access. Do not remove nor limit things that make SA is fun in the first place. Actions, explosions, and even violence. More features for the players, the better. Talking about what if things get exploited, rules are there for reasons.

Third, treat new players better. Nobody likes being a newbie, so give them features that will make them enjoy CIT and stay eventually. Also from personal experience, CIT title on MTA server browser is kinda unclear for gaming newbies. I mean like "CnR, SomeRP, MW" I was like.. What the hell is "CnR, SomeRP, MW"!? Honestly, I won't try the server if it didn't have that much players on the server browser that intrigued me. Before, I only joined server with clear titles like "Race"/"Police vs criminals"/"Zombie".

One last thing, please care more about the F1. It is often outdated. And quite confusing for new players. I spent like an hour trying to get to the explorer job in that time because the F1 didn't help, and nobody cares about a newbie. I didn't have money nor vehicles and there was no explanation how to use the chat. I didn't know the difference between T,Y,U because there was never an on-screen explanation of how and what those are for. So basically the moment after joining the server, I didn't know what I should do. It was pretty confusing. Once I understood that I should get a job, the F1 was once again being unclear. The job payment was in decimals that I did not understand. So I simply was trying various jobs blindly, not knowing what I'm doing for. The main point of all that is, please do care about little things before trying making the big ones. Sometimes the bottleneck of a system is the little thing in it because nobody is care enough to realise.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #29 on: 04 08, 2014, 07:23:39 pm »
quit banning and punishing people from trivial things.

Show me a ban which is for a trivial thing.

One last thing, please care more about the F1. It is often outdated

http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=136780.0

It's based on a game that is released a decade ago.

A game which we can heavily modify to improve it.
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2014, 07:31:31 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.