Author Topic: Game Review  (Read 28531 times)

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: IVANs_Family
  • Ingame: GA~[IF]IVAN>B+
  • Squad: IVANs_Squad
Re: Game Review
« Reply #45 on: 05 08, 2014, 06:19:03 pm »

When BVT board was still there, people were aiming to have a real base, not a mapped one in CITy. Maybe if BVT board was closed / deleted when CITy was still there, there might be some groups using it, but at that time who would actually build a base in CITy, where there was FPS lag, and also CITy was in LS, which would have blocked some criminal groups doing some trainings / activites, such as TDM and FFA.

Maybe if you launch again CITy now, some groups might build their bases there, as BVT board is closed, and none have any clue if it's going to come back or not ?

Solution: Maybe if BVT board was opened once again for only new groups, with lower requirements, but those groups could only use mapped interiors, that would work, in my opinion.

Well, I used CITy a lot, actually. It was my most favourite feature at the time. I had the biggest plot and I only stopped using it after a long time because staff told me not to build overpowered bases for cop killing. But that was really fun and I could be creative for something useful instead of just building pretty stuff (which I don't care about). For once CITy was actually a place where criminals could win against cops and you could get away with it if u were good. Normal cop killings are boring because u know u will always die in the end. It was like a criminal fortress! At CITy you could build an awesome base, kill all the cops and then run out the back, get on a boat or a maverick and get the hell out and hide in LV or an LV base. To me that was awesome and fun.

I held trainings and lots of criminals joined. I taught people to disable the CITy textures and we were not lagging there. It was great. ... But when staff told me not to build anymore, then that killed the interest for me. Actually, FBI had a law base right next to mine and they could use jetpacks to get away when they were low health and hide in that base. We couldn't use jetpacks because we were wanted.

Here is the post from when some LAW player started crying. http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=116756.msg1425811#msg1425811

Yes, it was powerful. But it was an expensive zone and you still had to fight. Victory was not guaranteed. .. Players aren't stupid. They're not going to play and do useless things. They are going to try to find things that are useful or powerful and do that. I always hated risking my life and jail time just to kill random cops. A normal cop hunt always ends with the same result. Criminals go to jail because cops just keep coming back. .... My zone in CITy it was the other way around. Criminals would win in many cases and it required teamwork and many cops RUSHING the base together at the same time to win. It required coordinated teamwork and they succeded. But it required effort from the law groups. Maybe they don't like that. They're used to just mindlessly respawning like zombies and coming back until they win. The guy who reported me and got my base removed was dying a lot at my base and he was really angry.

Well.. If u want a fun server where people play and do a lot. Then u need to give them options that are useful. Los Santos would have more crime if players could run away to CITy and hide and fight it out. I took 3 players and tried to do crimes and run to CITy to hide. It was massive fun. Most of the time someone failed and we never even reached CITy before getting jailed. But other times we managed to do that and it was awesome fun to hide in the CITy base and fight all the cops that came at us. But CITy is so far away that criminals can't really do anything except wait for cops to come to us. Sometimes we were laying in a bed, /lean smoking or talking and laughing - just waiting for cops to come so we could fight them.

« Last Edit: 05 08, 2014, 06:30:41 pm by ZtyX »

Offline Diesel

• Things change
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: DZL
« Reply #46 on: 05 08, 2014, 07:29:21 pm »
Groups:

I kinda agree with what Ivan has stated earlier, new groups need better options. I'm pretty sure if you added a few more people to managing subboards, lowering the requirements wouldn't be too hard. Take my group for example, we had to buy our own forum, it works sure, but we're still alienated from the cit2 forum.

The only reason you would raise the requirements is because the people managing subboards get tired of requests etc, which is why it's obvious to me that you need more people dealing with it. I do find it kind of ridiculous having to wait half a year for a subboard. Groups is in fact, the biggest thing in CIT.

Gameplay:

I like the gameplay, though it can be a little bit repetetive at times, and the CnR really doesn't promote teamwork. In most criminal events, you see 90% of criminals playing solo, only there to gain either top damager / killer, drugs and money etc, sometimes law do some twist entrance, but it's hardly teamwork. An example of what I would love, is if there was brought back a safe to BR, and it had a code we would have to crack under the pressure of cops. Also the lack of the unexpected is huge, some scripts based on % chance in CnR would be a huge PLUS in my opinion.

CnR events need to base the rewarding system more on winning the events, and less on kills. In the current events, if you die it's over, all you did was for nothing cus u didn't get top kill or top damager, however if there was a way to help your team even if you die later on, you would have been a huge help to your team winning, and everyone was rewarded.

A miniscule amount of players care if their team loses or wins, cus that's not the reason they're there.
I once got jailed for deathmatching with nades at All Saints Hospital

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #47 on: 05 08, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »
Well, why is it so easy for a law firm to be official but a criminal firm takes 1.5 years +

This needs to change IMO  :fp:

And we need a better turfing system IMO. How should it be? I'm not sure but we need more ideas.

You can't just complain about things that are already done/happened or say we need a better turfing system without coming forth with your own ideas. We have to be constructive here rather than complaining about what we don't like. You said we need a better turfing system? How about you begin with telling us what problems you have with it and coming up with possible solutions, that way the rest of the community can branch off of those ideas and we can change LV's turfing system entirely.

How about you start with reviewing LV by yourself and post what you got here.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #48 on: 06 08, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »
Suro, I don't understand the purpose of your review. It looks like all you did was compare how much civilian jobs made as well as describing them, that's not a review.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

MeDoMaN

« Reply #49 on: 06 08, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »
Show content
  Hello everyone. These days I have been reviewing the Civilian side of the server. To make sure I feel like really a new player to the Community, I have created a new account, and did all the possible jobs for me, and here are the results.

One more thing before the review: I have tested every job that is in Civilian HQ except for Mechanic (No point I guess), Paramedic (Same goes for paramedic), Pilot (Pilot job can be reviewed, but actually it requires too much time, which I unfortunately  do not have), Fisherman (The job is getting updated day by day, and making a review about how it pays is just useless),  Cave miner (As it's more about luck, not about how fast you do the job) and Delivery man.

Hope you enjoy reading my review, as I did put much effort in it, and as well made some videos!

Farmer: Working as farmer for 30 minutes will make you get 24.750$ as L0, but the profit is 12.250$, as you waste 12.500$ at the start to get seeds. (Normal farm)
Information about farmer to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: Work requirs some amount of money at the start to get seeds, in order to plant them. Each seed costs 50$. After planting the seeds, farmer has to harvest those plants, and in order to get money, farmer has to run over the bails. For each bail L0 farmer earns 99$. In 30 minutes farmer can plant up to 250 seeds.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 job requirs 253 bails, considering the fact that farmer can plant up to 250 seeds in 30 minutes, as mentioned above, it'll take nearly 35 minutes to get a promotion.

The process of how the job is getting done:

Approximate amount of money you receive working as farmer for a hour: Payment: 30 minutes - 24.750$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 49.500$. / Profit: 30 minutes - 24.750$ - 12.500$(seeds) = 12.250$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) 24.500$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Tractor (Free - spawner), Combine Harvester (Free - spawner).

Bus driver: Working as bus driver for 30 minutes will make you get 14.640$ as L0. (City route)

Information about bus driver to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: Work doesn't requir you any money, it just requirs you to get to the job marker by yourself, or using transporters in Civilian HQ. You don't need to waste money on buying a bus or a coach, as there are already spawners near the job marker, from where you can get free bus or coach. In 30 minutes, bus driver can reach 60 bus stops, and as L0, bus driver gets 244$ for each bus stop as L0 bus driver, bus driver can make 14.640$ in 30 minutes.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 job requirs 140 bus stops, considering the fact that farmer can reach 60 bus stops in 30 minutes, it'll take nearly 1 hour and 10 minutes to get promoted to L1.

Approximate amount of money you receive working as Bus driver for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 14.640$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 29.280$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Bus (Free - spawner), Coach (Free - spawner).

Street cleaner: Working as street cleaner for 30 minutes will make you get 19.840$ as L0 and L1 (You get promoted in during 30 minutes of active work)

Information about street cleaner to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: Work requirs 5.000$ at the start, to buy your own sweeper, as there are no free sweeper spawners. After buying a sweeper, street cleaner has to drive around, and wait till green blips appear in his / her minimap, and right after it, street cleaner has to drive to the rubbish to clean it. For each rubbish cleaned, steet cleaner earns 160$ as L0 and 180$ as L1 street cleaner. In 30 minutes, street cleaner can "collect" 120 items.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 job requirs 100 items collected, and street cleaner can get promoted in less than 30 minutes, as in total, street cleaner can collect ~ 120 items.

Approximate amount of money you receive working as street cleaner for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 19.840$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 38.840$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Sweeper (5.000$ - Marker).

Taxi driver: Working as taxi driver for 30 minutes will make you get 13.684$ as L0.

Information about taxi driver to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs nothing from player's side, except for going to the job location. All player needs to do is to get the taxi, and start searching for a customer. When the player finds a customer, player will have to go to the location which was told by the customer, and the location is also marked with red & black blip. In 30 minutes, you can reach ~ 15.000 earnings.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 player needs to get 28.000 earnings. So it nearly requirs a player to play actively for a hour to get promoted to L1 taxi driver.

Approximate amount of money you receive working as taxi driver for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 13.684$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 27.368$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Taxi (Free - spawner), Cabble (Free - spawner).

Waste collector: Working as waste collector for 30 minutes will make you get 10.000$ (L0) and plus 6.600$ (L1). So in 30 minutes player can earn 16.600$ and reach L1.

Information about waste collector to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs from player to have 5.000$ to buy a "Trashmaster", after what, the player will be given checkpoints all over San Fiero. In order to get money, Waste collector has to drive through the checkpoints. As L0 Waste collector earns 200$ from per checkpoint and after getting promoted to L1 the payment gets increased by 20$.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs to collect 50 items, in Waste collector job, player can be promoted in 18 - 20 minutes, and in 30 minutes the player can collect up to 80 items.

Approximate amount of money you receive working as waste collector for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 16.660$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 33.320$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Trashmaster (5.000$ - Marker).

Iron miner: Working as Iron miner for 30 minutes will make you get 9.000 - 10.000 grams of iron, and by that time, you'll become L2 iron miner.

Information about Iron miner to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs nothing from the player, everything is there for the player to get iron, without wasting any money. Spawners for spawning Sanchez and Quadbike. After spawning the bike player likes, player will be given a checkpoint, after the player reaches the checkpoints and approaches the yellow circle, a GUI will appeal, with four images on it. All the player needs to do is to click on the images with a mouse, and wait till the character breaks the rocks in order to get iron. Iron can be sold in F7. Iron is used in crafting multiple items, which can be also used and sold by the player. As L0, Iron miner gets 78 - 91 grams of iron, and as L1 86 - 10 grams of iron.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 3.500 grams of iron, which can be collected in 13 - 15 minutes. To get from L1 to L2 job requirs 10.000 grams of iron, and in total 30 minutes, player can get 9.000 grams - 10.000 grams of iron, which will make the player L2 iron miner in 30 minutes.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as iron miner for a hour: Grams of iron: 30 minutes - 9.000 grams - 10.000 grams. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 18.000 grams - 20.000 grams.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Sanchez (Free - spawner), Quadbike (Free - spawner).

Fire fighter: Working as Fire figher for 30 minutes will make you get 19.525$ as L0 fire fighter.

Information about Fire figher to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs nothing from the player at the start. Everything is for free, the vehicles, and the extinguisher. After player becomes a fire fighter, a fire blip will appear on his / her map, and player will have to get there, and start taking out the fire using extinguisher. After the fire out, another one will appear, immediately or after some minutes.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 570 fires, and working 30 minutes player can take out 350 - 355 fires, for each fire player gets 55$ at L0. So, it is nearly 11.83 fires can be taken out by the player in one minute. So in 50-55 minutes, player can be promoted to L1.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as Fire figher for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 19.525$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 39.050$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Fire truck (Free - spawner), Fire truck ladder (Free - spawner).

Trucker: Working as Trucker for 30 minutes will make you get 19.215$ as L0 trucker.

Information about Trucker to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs nothing from the player, as there are already spawners for spawning trucks. After the player spawns the truck, the player will be given a location, where he / she has to drive, in order to receive money, and get more miles to get promoted.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 18 miles, and working 30 minutes player can reach up to 16 - 17 miles. So, it'd take 33 - 35 minutes to get promoted to L1.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as Trucker for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 19.215$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 37.430$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Flatbet (Free - spawner), Linerunner (Free - spawner), Roadtrain (Free - spawner), Tanker (Free - spawner), Packer (Free - spawner).

Limo driver: Working as Limo driver for 30 minutes will make you get 16.211$ as L0 Limo driver.

Information about Limo driver to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: It requirs nothing from the player, as there are already spawners for Stretch. All the player has to do is to find a customer, and after the player gets the location from the customer, player has to drive to the red Taxi / Limo icon in order to get money.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 28.000 earnings, and working 30 minutes player can get up to 16.211 earnings. So, it would take nearly 50 minutes to get promoted to L1 Limo driver.

The process of how the job is getting done: To be added.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as Limo driver for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 16.211$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 32.422$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Stretch (Free - spawner).

News reporter Working as News reporter for 30 minutes will make you get 22.800$ as L0 News reporter.

Information about News reporter to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: The job requirs nothing from the player, as it gives the player everything he / she needs: A camera, and a Newsvan. After player gets in the Newsvan, he / she needs to go to the skull blip, and take a photo of blipped player. News reporter can also take a picture of blipped person, if the person is inside a vehicle.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 55 photos. Working 30 minutes player can take up to 30 pictures, or even more, it's more about luck. So player can be promoted to L1 in less than a hour.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as News reporter for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 22.800$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 45.600$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: Newsvan (Free - spawner).

Lumberjacker Working as Lumberjacker for 30 minutes will make you get 19.000$ - 20.000$, as the bonus for cutting all the trees at one location is random.

Information about lumberjacker to what everyone has access to:
Detailed information: The job requirs nothing from the player, everything player needs for the job is given for free: A chanisaw and a DFT-30. After player spawns the DFT-30, he / she will be given a location, after reaching the location, many blips will appear, which are trees, and those trees needs to be cut. After all the trees are cut at one location, player receives some amount of money, which is random. After getting the trees, it can be crafted in garage into wood, and crafting takes too long. Each tree takes 6 seconds to be crafted into wood.

Progress needed for promotion: To get from L0 to L1 the job requirs 170 cut trees. Working 30 minutes, player can cut up to 110 - 115 trees, so player can get promoted to L1 in like 50 - 55 minutes.

Approximate amount of iron you receive working as Lumberjacker for a hour: Payment / Profit: 30 minutes - 19.000-20.000$. 60 minutes (2x 30 minutes) - 38.000$ - 40.000$.

List of vehicle(s) that are used in job: DFT-30 (Free - spawner).

it really is more of a jobs review, incomplete really, however it is a lot of work, if you are really planing to have a full review with parts and all, this might be a good start if you wanna have a "civilian" headline withing the review. The only reason this might be regarded useless is because most of the arguments on CIT and improvement relies on Law/Criminals and LV turfers... Hence not mentioning the other parts of the server is highly rigid.

My point is if you wanna review the server, (you stated you want to continue reviewing the other sides?) then you could have three sections consisting of the three cities in SA- SF, LS, LV  and offcourse include more detail on the chat system, the rule system and the ideas that are put into the server, for example how the  server solved the request of have custom music by integrating "/mplayer", the activities given to the criminal/law side along with the overhauling LV turfing system. The police to AF promotions, the criminal bosses , the police chiefs as well as the SO ranks...the way the server is linked with this forum right here and how the forum helps the server improve as we currently are discussing freely. These are all to be included in a proper review, not to mention the traditional IRC integration which might seem weird to some but turns out to be effective. Am pretty sure a lot of other details need mentioning in the review, but really they are countless. 

It does require alot of work to have a complete review, but if it doesn't describe the whole server and the drawbacks the server currently has, it will not quite help much.

No offense, you did put alot of work on that review, just probably not enough and not include-ductive

MeDo.

Laskan13

« Reply #50 on: 07 08, 2014, 12:26:16 am »
Suro, I don't understand the purpose of your review. It looks like all you did was compare how much civilian jobs made as well as describing them, that's not a review.
but arran, so far as I see you dont think ANY post here is like a review, I tried one but I know its not really a review, but this guy above (suro) made a review about civilian side, it is a review so far as I know. so can you maybe then tell us what you think a review looks like or is.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #51 on: 07 08, 2014, 01:58:18 am »
but arran, so far as I see you dont think ANY post here is like a review, I tried one but I know its not really a review, but this guy above (suro) made a review about civilian side, it is a review so far as I know. so can you maybe then tell us what you think a review looks like or is.

The goal here us to briefly go over the many aspects of the game and as we do, provide both the pros and cons of certain features or aspects so we can discover issues that could possibly be resolved and be made useful to the server and it's development.

What Arran is asking of us is not summarize the server's features, or make guide for newcomers. The purpose is to come across ideas that may be vital to the developers so the server may reach its pinnacle. The main thing these people are missing in their reviews is including what's wrong and what they would like to see as a change for a certain feature.

Look at game reviews on IGN or other websites, those people state what they like or don't like.

Offline KillerOz

• Junior Community Member
  • CIT's Banana
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: KillerOz#USNS
« Reply #52 on: 07 08, 2014, 03:54:59 am »
Actually, I made a review with many suggestions,but I have no Idea if Arran readed it

No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

Laskan13

« Reply #53 on: 07 08, 2014, 01:20:24 pm »
The goal here us to briefly go over the many aspects of the game and as we do, provide both the pros and cons of certain features or aspects so we can discover issues that could possibly be resolved and be made useful to the server and it's development.

What Arran is asking of us is not summarize the server's features, or make guide for newcomers. The purpose is to come across ideas that may be vital to the developers so the server may reach its pinnacle. The main thing these people are missing in their reviews is including what's wrong and what they would like to see as a change for a certain feature.

Look at game reviews on IGN or other websites, those people state what they like or don't like.

so basically write down what the person taht writes it thinks about the server? the cons and pros? but if you say like IGN review then I understand it correctly now, thanks mate.

Offline ProTo

• HoBoS Son
  • Ex. L3
  • Ingame: ProTo
« Reply #54 on: 07 08, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #55 on: 08 08, 2014, 05:40:38 am »
Take a look at this. http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=138987

I did nothing wrong and nothing is stated in the rules that it is not allowed.

That has nothing to do with the development of the game, and if a staff seems to be too harsh or irrational with you there's always an administrative complaints board that you can visit anytime.

Marouane

« Reply #56 on: 08 08, 2014, 07:35:19 am »
Here's our review of CIT (MaRouane & Suro's). We haven't included anything about the forum except administration as it needed to be reviewed.

Notes:
  • This review is too damn long, 2911 words (haven't much time to summarise)
  • I've got a PDF copy of this review at this Link for those like me who get bothered reading a lot on 1 topic
  • The flow chart I've made for CIT topics: Image
  • Sorry for not making a video, but I've recently spilled coffee on my mic so it would've been difficult to explain without voice
  • Ratings we've put are based on points calculated points. I am inclined to keep the criteria secret. Sorry for that
  • The roleplay rating was based on the server allowing only Some RP, so it only rates where we could go in "some"
  • We haven't reviewed aspects that change every now and then; weapons
  • I apologize for any typos. I've gone through a lot since I've started this project, so there might be some errors

Imma put each section into a spoiler so as not to spam the topic:

PART I - Introduction:

Show content
This project’s aim is to review each and every point that is related to the Community of Integrity and Transparency MTA server. This project was started by MaRouane & Suro on 2/8/2014. Our motto throughout this project will be brevity and objectivity as far as possible.

First of all, we’re reviewing the busiest server on Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas here, not MTA or the game in general. So, if you’re reading this & you don’t know a thing about MTA, stop reading. Anyhow, let’s get started.

The CIT server has been around for about 4 years and it’s been stunning since the start. The server is led by a strong administration team whose leader is Arran, the CIT founder. With an average of 500 players online all day & night, this server indeed has something special to offer. To make this clearer for everyone reading this, here’s a flowchart of what we’re going to review:

As shown, according to our classification, we’ve got 6 main aspects of the server, colored orange. While subtopics are colored blue. In this project, we’re reviewing them in following order:
•   Cops & Robbers
•   Civilian life
•   Mafia wars
•   Roleplay
•   Miscellaneous
•   Administration

PART II - Cops & Robbers:

Show content
Street fights:
The most debatable aspect of the game. It takes a week at most for someone to suggest something to “improve” the street wars between cops and criminals. According to the current system, criminals can start street wars/riots by gathering then getting wanted by aiming at cops for 2 seconds, as you’ve got to get wanted before hurting a cop, and the easiest way to get wanted is aiming at a cop for 2 secs. A riot lasts 30 mins at most, in which criminals have to survive multiple waves of cops as the criminals’ wanted level grows.
The most common places to find riots/street wars are the following:

Criminals’ reputation increase as they participate effectively in those small CnR events, as I like to call it. Same goes for cops, they level up and get paid for their arrests/arrest kills.

Opinion:
As I see it, street wars these days are at their peak. The system is strong and allows only for minor improvements so as not to break the balance.

Suggested improvement(s):
Make it so that criminals get wanted on the spot after they aim at cops as it’s ineffective and unrealistic to wait 2 secs to get wanted. Maybe add some other suitable places for riots; LS Airport.

Crimbosses vs Police chiefs:
To review this properly let me compare both sides:

Crimboss: A lately-added boss rank for all criminals, could be identified by [Crimboss] in criminal team chat. Since they’re the bosses, they call for riots and lead them.
Police chiefs: A police rank that’s been there for quite a while, could be identified by [PoliceChief] in police emergency chat.

Both sides can place barriers. Crimbosses have their own skin and have access to car spawners at the Criminal Villa. On the other hand, police chiefs have their own panel (which Crimbosses don’t) at which they can put APB on highly wanted criminals, sack officers. They also have the ability to de-spawn any car if they think it breaks rule #17 or issue a misconduct notice which gives the car owner a wanted level of o.3. Moreover, they’ve got the ability to place a blip for all law where they are, so as to mark riots, meetings, etc whenever needed.

Opinion:
To be honest, Crimbosses haven’t the same supremacy Police chiefs have. Consequently, they’ve got less control over their faction. This is due to the lack of supporting features for them. Police chiefs, to some extent, have got stable 24/7 control over their faction and that could be demonstrated at each out-door criminal event; DS, PDR, ACA.

I think Crimbosses need a boost of features to balance this, such as the ability to place blips for riots as well as the ability to make a team note. For more roleplay, criminals could get more RP for killing a police chief and cops should get extra cash/AP for killing/arresting a Crimboss.

Criminal events:
Probably, one the most enjoyable features on CIT for some of us. In all those events the goal and the method are the same: Eliminate and kill, nothing special about any except the interior/surrounding in which the event is played. As you all know, each side, either police or criminal, gets money & drugs for each kill they get.

There’ve always been discussions concerning Criminal Events and how police units have the edge over criminals due to their ability to develop effective tactics that promote successful teamwork. Of course, outdoor/indoor events, each has its own style and its people. Indoor events are based on luck and who strikes first, where one doesn’t usually kill a lot as it’s limited to 20 units only per team. On the other hand, outdoor events are based on criminals’ endurance and teamwork, where they have to survive non-stop incoming police waves.
Opinion:
Criminal events are surely something that CIT is amazing at. The current criminal events system is enjoyable and always renewed.

In general, making each event special in terms of goal and prize. For example, during the drug factory robbery, criminals will have to eliminate cops in order to reach the room where drugs are put and the prizes should be more drugs than money. In Bank Robberies, criminals will have to reach the safe where money bags would be whereas the prizes could be cash and/or gold. (Why Gold? Will be explained in the resource-based economy section).

Cops & Robbers rating: 8.4/10

PART III - Civilian life:

Show content
Civilian Jobs:
All jobs were described/explained by Suro in a separate post. So, we’re reviewing the jobs in general in this section. Civilian jobs are all, with no exception, repetitive, where you have to repeat the same action, pressing the same buttons over and over again. Moreover, levelling up, you barely get access to anything new. There are many jobs to try though, which makes it kind of bearable.

Opinion:
Personally, I don’t ever go civilian except if for the sake of money-making or relaxation. Apart from that, I find all jobs boring as you’ll be just repeating what you do like 1212412515124124 times for nothing but money.

Firstly, each and every job should have something new to offer at each level. For example, as you level up as a iron miner, you’ll get to mine new stones, and get the ability to catch bigger fish as a fisherman. Moreover, there should be a really-worth-it bonus for L10 at each job. I could think of a special skin/shader as a start. But there could be other stuff, like the ability to craft using less resources as a miner and getting access to craft ULTRA rare chemicals/medkits/virus-curing shots as a hemp/herbs farmer.

State Officials:
The lately-added master rank for civilians. Its perks and uses aren’t much. They are the ones responsible for weddings, helping new players and hosting some events. The rank seems like it needs something else to offer in-game.

Opinion:
I guess, since this position is new and all, it would be unfair to review it at the current time.
A couple of perks like a shader, an interior at San Fierro, I can’t really think of more as this is more of a RP position.

Civilian life rating: 4.9/10

PART IV - Mafia wars:

Show content
Turfing:
The most popular activity in the whole CIT. More & more groups get created each day just for the sake of turfing. The current system allows for more intense wars as gangs have to recruit skilled warriors, develop tactics and plans in order to dominate. As you may know, to take a turf, you just enter the turf, kill enemies if present and stay alive till your group’s owning percentage rises to above 50%. Notice that you can’t spawn in your turf unless your group’s owning percentage is above 90%. This system is enjoyable, proof to that is the number of turfing groups vs the number of any other type of groups.

Opinion:
From my perspective, turfing is one of the features that maintains the player count throughout the day as gangs prefer to adjust times at which no one is there so they can conquer more turfs. However, due to the turfing system not being renewed for a while, there are people who started to lose interest.

Since the concept of having turfs that give goods is there; oil turfs, sea turfs, the suggestion is to apply this on all LV turfs so there will be turf areas that give you crafting items like explosives, electronics, other areas could give ammo, others allow members to spawn with armor. Note that in order for this system to bring its best benefit. The group should claim the whole area to start claiming the goods, not only 1 of the area’s turfs.

Mafia wars Rating: 8.2/10

PART V - Roleplay:
Show content
Groups:
Without groups, most of us wouldn’t even be in CIT. Groups promote the friendly atmosphere and teamwork we’re after in CIT. As you all know, now groups are either criminal or police or civilian. Each of the group types have their own potential features and each have their own activities. Currently, groups start with no features at all. But, they could get a custom skin shader for some cash and after some time they could get a board and maybe a base. If the group shows enough stability and endurance to stay for even after that, they could get nominated to become an official group which is a totally different level. It means that the group is recognised by the community as one of the best.

Opinion:
The current group system is just awesome. It rewards the hard-working groups and demotes groups that aren’t of the community’s standards. Though, it’s vague why the BVT board disappeared and how the requirements to get anything are barely reachable for new groups.

In my opinion, we should think of new group features, something like a group stock where official/trusted community groups can store their ammo or crafting items. Maybe the ability to add on request custom CJ clothes for groups. Maybe also set a new privilege for leaders: ability to put a blip on themselves which is only seen by other group members.

Customisation:
CIT offers a wide range of customisation options. As one is able to have his/her style and wear the various custom clothes present at clothes shops. You could choose from about 300 skins and about 100 CJ clothing items. If that’s not enough, one could even buy a custom skin shader, which he/she could even change after getting it in-game.

Opinion:
In my opinion, the current customisation options are just stunning. Everyone in-game looks unique and everyone can demonstrate his/her own style in their clothing. In terms of customisation, CIT is at its peak. Though, I don’t understand why CIT no more accept custom CJ clothes submissions.

I can’t think of any but I guess accepting some CJ clothing submissions would be something, as it's the only non-paid-for available option for customisation.

Reality simulation:
The server also simulates the reality in some aspects. It offers a reasonable number of animations that allow for real-life simulation. There are also various walkstyles to suit everyone’s style. CIT has also modified the map and fixed a lot of map bugs as well as modified some objects to add more realistic touches. However, there are a couple of strangely unrealistic though practically effective features such as the F7 Market, getting money out of no where.

Opinion:
Nothing much to be said. CIT is amazing in terms of reality simulation.

There aren’t much unrealistic stuff I could think of, so maybe create suitable areas for markets just like the old drug selling system. If it’s possible to add a stall object when anyone starts selling goods. Moreover, make it so that civilians can get their payment from a ped in the Civilian HQ, while cops can get their payment through a ped at LSPD/SFPD. Criminals can get paid by a ped at the Criminal Villa.

Roleplay rating: 8.9/10

PART VI - Miscellaneous:

Show content
Resource-based economy:
Lately, the server has implemented a new system for the in-game economy. So, instead of just going to ammunation and buying tons of ammunition, you now have to either craft it, or buy it from people who did. This system promotes transfer of money between players and lessens the money lost to the “server”. In the F7 Market, you can sell all in-game goods you’ve earned/made. Of course, there is a decent inflation rate. But, kind people always try to keep stuff cheap for people who can’t afford spending more. However, all resources or ores could only be gained/earned by one way. For example, to earn oil, you must control the oil turfs near Las Venturas, or the sea turfs, to earn herbs & hemp you must go farming at the Blueberry farm.

Opinion:
I think the current system is great. But, there is always room for improvement.

As suggested above, having real on-land markets at all cities where you have to search for the best goods with the best price, and have the chance to counter-offer instead of just getting stuff out of nowhere according to the current F7 trading system. Furthermore, we should have at least 2 sources for each resource. For example, to earn chemicals you should  either answer questions at the science and tech centre or by steal them from laboratories (maybe a special side-mission).

Side Games:
Side games are indeed of great importance for any game. It allows the players to relax and have something else to think about instead of the, probably, used to game context. CIT offers some side games, like the lottery, races and numerous events hosted by the server’s administration team each day.

Opinion:
I don’t think we’ve got much to talk about here. The staff team is doing very well in terms of hosting events. But, I think we could add more side games

Maybe a parkour side game, that’s all I could think of now. Of course, there are more and more ideas for mini-games. Though, I don’t think anyone’s interested in spamming the server with too much of those.

Ingame Community:
In-game, you get the chance to meet other players from all over the globe. Luckily, in CIT you have every chance to communicate with everyone you know through various chats. For example, you’ve got sms & fmsg to talk to friends, team chat to other teammates, main chat to talk to everyone, etc. Not to mention the friendly atmosphere the server rules enforce. However, there are still provokers and trollers who seem like loving to ruin your day by any means.

Opinion:
As I see it, the ingame community is superb despite the frequent trolling/provoking in all chats. Thus, there still more to do in terms of moderating chats.

Miscellaneous: 7.3/10

PART VII - Administration:
Show content
In-game:
Administration in CIT is by no means easy or unproblematic. It means you have to cut down your playtime at least by ¾ to help new players and make sure the rules are being enforced correctly and effectively everywhere in-game. It’s noticeable how there is always a staff member to help you and if not, there are server supporters who can give a helping hand when you use the support chat.

Opinion:
I guess the staff team is doing a superb job in-game. Compared to earlier times, the staff team is now stronger and more effective in terms of keeping the server clean of sick-minded kids whose aim is ruining your playing.

A new command /helpme <reason> for players, which gives a notice at staffs and maybe supporters’ screens and another that allows them to warp to the player that requested help. We should have a strict rule concerning that command so that staff can punish spammers/trollers.

Out-of-game:
By out-of-game, we mean on the forums, other means of communication like the facebook group. To be fair, this is way too difficult for any staff team to handle, as it requires non-stop checking, filtering and responding as well. The staff team has to deal with suggestions, applications, complaints, punishment appeals, moderate boards as well as “some staff team private activities”. What makes it worse for the staff team is the impatience and the eagerness of all players to get what they want done.

Opinion:
The staff team is doing a satisfactory job out-of-game but there is always lack of maintenance which is due to only 1 or 2 active staff members managing a specific aspect, take the CJ custom clothes requests which has been inactive for months as an example and it's the same for some other. Furthermore, the staff team is sort of vague at delivering information. At times, stuff happen and the community would never know how or why that happened. Moreover, the staff team, from our perspective, failed to establish a real caring community. At the time being, players and even some staff members think of community contributions as helping in the support section, reporting in-game bugs or posting opinions, whatever the content, about suggestions, neglecting what really should matter in our community; fame, in-game role, media, in-game and out-of-game business.

I think all non-stop tasks should be assigned to, at least, 2 or 3 admins. Admins should also inform the community when doing anything  even if minor like locking a suggestion/complaint. Not to mention major stuff like removing the BVT board. I would also appreciate it if the staff members were the ones dealing with support, not everyone else as they’re the ones concerned with support anyway. Last but not least, make it so that community ranks and rewards are to be given to those who are actually innovative and contributing.

Administration: 7.2/10

That's not all, I could write more about stuff like prison and be more specific in more activities. But, I prefer being brief for now. If you happen to need more about any topic, let me know.
Thanks for reading,
« Last Edit: 10 08, 2014, 05:31:59 am by MaRouane »

Offline iDoge

• ケツを食べますか
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: iDoge
  • Squad: Drift Academy
« Reply #57 on: 08 08, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »
Sup,

Hello there seeing how hard it is to fight now as a person far away from the server reaching 300+ ping doesnt mean its gonna be lag abuse so how bout letting us strafe but not strafe and shoot strafing would be djsabled when 470+ ping is reached cuz now not only is MG op as a high pinged person woulnt even stand a chance.....
SAPD

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #58 on: 08 08, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
Sup,

Hello there seeing how hard it is to fight now as a person far away from the server reaching 300+ ping doesnt mean its gonna be lag abuse so how bout letting us strafe but not strafe and shoot strafing would be djsabled when 470+ ping is reached cuz now not only is MG op as a high pinged person woulnt even stand a chance.....

Most servers would just kick you for such high ping, be glad you're even playing.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Mashupper

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Mashupper
  • Squad: #AC Founder
« Reply #59 on: 10 08, 2014, 11:01:25 pm »
Well, Arran, I can understand that a lot of members introduce ridiculous suggestions, but in the lot of those that are bad, there are a handful of good ones.

So, I think it would be wise to take under consideration, the good ideas that come your way.

Just my opinion, but it's your server, you do what you think is best.

Life is short, make the best of what little time you have left
Achievements: Senior Community Member / Community Map Editor / Minister of Crime / Criminal Boss / Donator L3 / Notable Criminal / FFH Pawnbroker
Mashupper