Author Topic: Game Review  (Read 28521 times)

Offline Phille

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Phille
Re: Game Review
« Reply #60 on: 11 08, 2014, 03:33:45 am »
Everything written in this review are my own views and opinions of CIT.

Show content
CIT is truly a great server with such a great potential of becoming even bigger than it is already. It has an incredible amount of features and things that are as much worthy use of a gamer’s time as playing games like Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etcetera.
At least when all those features and things have been through some improvements.

Decent games always throw guides and tips in people’s faces, but surprisingly CIT doesn't. It should be considered as a bad thing, because a game server, which is so rich in features, should have some sort of guide/tutorial to throw in the faces of newbies to make them get to know the server better and give them the best start possible. It is a fact that most gamers are too lazy to read documentations (especially if the documentation is as disordered as CIT’s), so CIT should force newbies to read/watch something understandable and properly organised from the moment they login for the first time.
CIT lacks bits of information in the server documentation. Information that easily could be asked for in the support channel, if it wasn't because of the support chat being tucked away. New players would probably find it less easy to figure out how to access the support channel without asking, and asking would require of them to already know, or guess, that there is a support channel. A support channel should not be a thing to somehow figure out exists, but a thing to know is there from the beginning, and how are newbies supposed to know that without a proper beginners guide/tutorial as mentioned already.

A noticeable thing when joining CIT is that there’s barely any promotion for the website. The website is vital for the entire community to run, so it is senseless not to promote it more. Just like with the support channel - it should not be tucked away. Promote it and let players know that it exists from the moment they join the server, or create an account.

Criminal events are the most popular among all events in CIT, but they are not even fun to attend. Most of the time a criminal event is about running, shooting, and hiding. There is no action except for intense gunfights. The main reason why players are attending them is to improve stats, and that is not a bad reason for doing it, but a sad one because it’s the only one.
If criminal events had more tasks and/or objectives to complete (not just holding a point for x minutes), they would be a lot more fun and exciting to attend.

Jobs are vital in CIT, because it’s the way to earn money, so they simply have to be fun or exciting to do. Some jobs clearly fails to meet fun and/or exciting. The paramedic job could and should be improved. Running around healing other players when not attending criminal events gets boring, why not improve it to have intense life saving missions or something else more exciting.
Expanding the choice of jobs would also make it more interesting and fun to play in CIT. Why just have typical, boring, and ordinary jobs like mechanic, fisherman, cop, and so on. Why not take it to a new level and have more exciting jobs like professional racing driver and astronaut. 

Music and sound effects are some of the things that greatly helps to create a good gaming experience. When doing the cave miner job, it is like being there because of the realistic sound effects and of course the excellent mapping work. Adding sound effects and music to such features and special events improves the experience a lot.

Admins and players on CIT are sometimes having trouble communicating. Some admins have trouble giving the attention necessary to the players. It is a fact that some players are retarded and incompetent, but this is where admins must be as helpful and understanding as possible, not demeaning as seen in some cases, because that is highly unprofessional. Everyone has their demons to contend with, some are tougher than other’s.
Improving the connection between admins and players to a more friendly and understanding one should happen.

Achievements and/or objectives are probably one of the main things that makes games worth playing. Without something to achieve or an objective to fulfil, then what’s the fun in playing a game? CIT has many objectives and achievements to achieve, however, compared to most other good games, CIT doesn't have the “what’s coming next” and variation excitement. The players of CIT knows what’s going to happen next in their job or in a criminal event, because it’s always the same. In pretty much all games nowadays, there’s a storyline with varied missions and objectives which gets the player on his/her toes of excitement, because the player doesn't know what’s coming next and can therefore have something to look forward to. Once there was this special event in CIT with high amount of radiation - that was a “what’s coming next” moment. It ended shortly after of course, but it was an awesome experience. Having longer and varied missions and/or objectives for jobs and events would keep the excitement and desire going for longer.

Nothing is more fun than playing online games with friends. Currently there’s criminal events, admin hosted events, turfing, and whatever players figure out to do with friends by themselves, but having multiplayer missions, where players can group up with each other and work together through a jungle of action (or whatever suits people), would be a whole new level of fun.

Are zombies real? Not really, but there are zombies in CIT. Imagine to expand that idea to having other worlds or planets in the server, possibly attracting gamers that usually don’t even play GTA. Supernatural stuff is a popular thing nowadays.
It could be an expansion of the crafting system as well - being able to fly to another planet and collect different kinds of resources to use for crafting. One idea can lead to another, and all of a sudden CIT has a whole new civilisation. 

Offline XoTHotovich

• Ingame: XoTHotovich
« Reply #61 on: 11 08, 2014, 03:02:14 pm »
Why not let us to set our own boxville armor prices? Also add price info on top of the truck.
And... how about having more than 100 armor points? The more points you have the slower you move.

Offline Mashupper

• Donator L3
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Mashupper
  • Squad: #AC Founder
« Reply #62 on: 11 08, 2014, 03:23:31 pm »
Why not let us to set our own boxville armor prices? Also add price info on top of the truck.
And... how about having more than 100 armor points? The more points you have the slower you move.
To be honest dude, that would not make sense.
I don't think it would be right to have more than 100 AP.

Everyone should have the same amount of AP, not random amounts, for example, 200 AP, which is completely ridiculous.
And the Armor prices for the boxville should stay at $1,700. It already pays out $200 more than ammu-nation.
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2014, 12:10:47 am by MasHuPPeR »

Life is short, make the best of what little time you have left
Achievements: Senior Community Member / Community Map Editor / Minister of Crime / Criminal Boss / Donator L3 / Notable Criminal / FFH Pawnbroker
Mashupper

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #63 on: 14 08, 2014, 05:22:26 am »
Here is just a small idea...

How about, if, instead of thinking about adding or changing things into new stuff, thinks about the things we USED to have, the features that gave life to this server, the features we had back when the player count would increase monthly and we would go from peak to peak.

Get your staffs to be like the old ones, who would care about having a very good time ingame instead of just being there to punish. Those who would constantly come up with events, no matter how silly they were, but that they were soooo silly, that you would have a very enjoyable time going through them.

Nowadays, things are changing on a daily basis. Think about that time, when the updates would come from time to time, but when they did, they were so fucking awesome that everyone wanted to try them out.

Think about the time, when getting money was actually a challenge, instead of this days, that you go to the TOP 50 and you just can't believe the enormous amount of money the players have.

Maybe try the following, try to think about those days that you would consider "the good old days", and try to go back to them.

It's not much of a review, but think about it... It might lead to something cool...
Innovation fuels success

MeDoMaN

« Reply #64 on: 14 08, 2014, 05:58:00 pm »
Here is just a small idea...

How about, if, instead of thinking about adding or changing things into new stuff, thinks about the things we USED to have, the features that gave life to this server, the features we had back when the player count would increase monthly and we would go from peak to peak.

Get your staffs to be like the old ones, who would care about having a very good time ingame instead of just being there to punish. Those who would constantly come up with events, no matter how silly they were, but that they were soooo silly, that you would have a very enjoyable time going through them.

Nowadays, things are changing on a daily basis. Think about that time, when the updates would come from time to time, but when they did, they were so fucking awesome that everyone wanted to try them out.

Think about the time, when getting money was actually a challenge, instead of this days, that you go to the TOP 50 and you just can't believe the enormous amount of money the players have.

Maybe try the following, try to think about those days that you would consider "the good old days", and try to go back to them.

It's not much of a review, but think about it... It might lead to something cool...

The old days with the newer things this server has....that would be perfect... espicially now that some staff are becoming very divergent froom what they should be, I agree..

Diavolo097

« Reply #65 on: 15 08, 2014, 09:13:56 am »
what the server really need is new whole system of the cops and criminals that's what makes this server boring or not..

Offline Boles

• Original PiRu$ Founder
  • New Community Member
  • Censored..
  • Group: PiRu$
  • Ingame: UncleBoles
  • Squad: PBB
« Reply #66 on: 15 08, 2014, 05:10:03 pm »
 "The root cause of the problem" = Ingame features board

Based on who farms the most "happy birthday posts".

Also newer players or with 2500 hours..should somehow have access to this board or a new sub board.
Somehow make it post limited with good rules and maybe moderated by community members.
Newer players also have a different "look" to CIT.

So this is a good initiative.

"Blast me but they didn't finish, didn't diminish my powers so now I'm back to be a muthafuckin'
 menace, they cowards thats why they tried to set me up, had bitch ass niggas on my team so indeed
 they wet me up, BUT I'M BACK REINCARNATED."

Tupac..

steezysonu

« Reply #67 on: 15 08, 2014, 07:48:57 pm »
Call me dumb but I think Police officers should have a wanted level. Police can be arrested by other police, it happens in real life. The amount of times police have shot me, ran up to me and pointed guns in my face, hoping I aim back so they can kill me, it'd be good to see them get a wanted level for once. It'd make the police a lot less in your face, and make the game fair for Police and Criminals.

Another good thing would be gang vehicles. For Example I could buy a car for me and everyone in my group. My group can spawn it at any time as long as someone isn't driving it. The group would be able to decide which rank is able to not be affected and spawn and remove cars at anytime. The same goes for any gun etc. I can put items guns drugs into a group inventory for the rest of the group to use.

I feel the money sending limit is way to much, 72 hours. I'm having trouble trying to get my Friends into CIT, if I could pay them, they'd find it more enjoyable until they actually got good enough to get money. When I started for like my first 12 hours gametime, I was clueless to how to earn lots of money, but now my understanding is a lot better compared to them, however I'm more tolerable to commitment than them.

New Groups never get started because you have to wait a year to trade money. (What I've heard) I feel that should be changed, maybe 1 month is a lot more reasonable.

(Correct me if any features are already in game) Lol

OneDirection

« Reply #68 on: 16 08, 2014, 03:21:42 am »
My review and ideas;

Beginning CIT life:
        - When creating a first account, players start out only with 20k... this is certainly not enough as due to the fact that most players want to be a simple criminal/cop. But with 20k? No, players are forced to doing these repetitive jobs just to make like 30k in 30-60 minutes. Do you think that it's fun to sit afk or do these repetitive actions over and over again? No, at least in my mind. Players want money but they don't want to tasked with boring jobs. I don't want to come off as rude or ungrateful but why do you think most players donate? They really just do it for the money. This of course added tons of inflation to prices causing vehicles to rise in price, back then a NRG-904(something like that) made a hole of about 150k, now they cost 650k. That is an over 400% increase in price. Now to work for that money L0 farmer makes absolutely nothing, you make about 24k an hour. At that rate to get your favorite bike you need to do this repetitive action for about 27 hours just to get the bike. Plus to make the vehicle even slightly useful you would need 300k for vip hours. Which is why its boring, its not even fun to evade which is why I want to play again, but due to strict rules, if your banned you can pretty much never come back. Thus people evade.

Game Features Board:
        - The "In-game suggestion" or now known as "Game Features" board has quite some issues. I do see your understanding where your running out of creative ideas, but that is not the only issue. Many players suggest things to be removed because they don't like a certain aspect of it. Whats wrong with that you might ask? Well for one removing features does not solve anything, it just creates a problem for those who like the feature. The rule needs to be changed to "change or add" features but not remove features. I know that binds apparently are being "abused" but they aren't. They are just being used for something else instead of what they were intentionally supposed to be used for. Most suggestions about things getting removed is either about "Its desync so remove it" or "Im getting pwned remove it".  Never about changing the feature so that everyone can come to an agreement upon the changes instead of downright removing/nerfing. It is really annoying to have one of your favorite aspects of CIT to be removed. Now should I even bother with the biased people who say things like "donator this donator that". I may have got mad at someone for acting that way and resulted in me getting banned(yep). But still if players can't view for all players who don't have access to that board, they should stay away from it.

Administration:
        - This is where you will probably not read but I am going to review it anyway as this is what this board is about. It is really hard to find good staff who are consistent, willing to helping new players, understanding, nice without an attitude. I don't think I can name one, because that could never exist. But some staff are just outrageous, I understand that staff make mistakes and all that, but when it comes to banning people, they ban or even jail first before thinking and taking in all the proof. My experience with this is frustrating. Couple months ago before I decided to rage at forums and troll my enemy gangs. I was banned for "exploiting satchels" yea... exploiting, why might I be pissed? Well for one I never exploited. Everyone made these videos saying I was exploiter, exploiter........ and eventually after most of them got closed this one report actually worked. Guess what? I was falsely banned for 42000 minutes. I eventually made an appeal and got unbanned then few days later I was falsely jailed!!!! For griefing, I once again appealed and got it removed. After this I just didn't feel like playing anymore. So yea long story short I raged at how admins deleted a gang and got myself an indefinite ban. Yea sort of deserve it after I realized what I did, but I was just mad at how staff was treating me, and never get punished for any mistake. I wish I didn't do the actions that I did but still STAFF NEEDS TO MAKE SURE before banning/jailing someone. What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? You also need to do something about this misconduct rule. Another annoying punishment players get randomly by forgetting to hide they car. Maybe what you should do is have like a car idle timeout. When car is x amount idle time then auto /hide it. That should fix "most" misconduct punishments. The staff team should try to prevent multiple punishments and try to keep the punishment spam clear. If people are getting constantly jailed by a specific rule then obviously something needs to be done about it.

Criminal life:
        - This will be a small review of how I see the criminal side of things. First off I am one of those players who just doesn't like to do CnR events or kill cops. Why? Because its just a waste of time and money. I once got 100 stars and was in jail for almost 3k seconds!! Yea pretty much an hour or as long a staff punishment or pay 120k which is about 5 hours of farmer. I believe there should be a cap and reduce the amount of seconds you get per WL point. Players would much rather enjoy the game play instead of wasting their hard earned repetitive job cash or there valuable time sitting in jail. You may of added jail escape, which is pretty cool, but just gives you extra time once you get caught again. Another issue is "griefing", you get jailed for killing a cop before an event? Really? That is really annoying. You should instead however add that if you kill a cop within the CnR event borders, you get disqualified for something. Getting jailed is a real buzz kill and makes people mad when they don't even expect it.

Weapons and duels:
        - You always hate when people complain about "old LV", but what do people mean by "old LV"? They mean they enjoyed the fast paced combat. Nobody likes spending hours chasing, wasting ammo on somebody because they either got spawn protection or the guns are nerfed. Why do people like explosives so much? They are quick and not only that, they are very fun to throw and get multiple kills instead of one. Why do many like weapon binds? Well because it allows faster combat making the deagle, sniper, shotgun much more effective than the traditional M4. One of the most fun things about "old LV", was spawnkilling. Spawnkilling allowed for players to take turfs much more effectively and faster. LV is supposed to be without rules, if you don't like it, don't come.

CIT is an addicting server, especially when you have lots of money and not have to worry about working which feels like actual work instead of a Fun RP kind of way. You did a good job with server obviously by hitting that 1300 player limit, but nowadays CIT can't go one day without someone getting banned. Also many players are afraid of staff members... believe me everyone is afraid to kill you in fear of a jail.
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2014, 10:32:34 am by Arez »

Offline Araa

• Honorable
  • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Group: The_Outstanders
« Reply #69 on: 16 08, 2014, 10:58:59 am »
My review and ideas;

Beginning CIT life:
        - When creating a first account, players start out only with 20k... this is certainly not enough as due to the fact that most players want to be a simple criminal/cop. But with 20k? No, players are forced to doing these repetitive jobs just to make like 30k in 30-60 minutes. Do you think that it's fun to sit afk or do these repetitive actions over and over again? No, at least in my mind. Players want money but they don't want to tasked with boring jobs. I don't want to come off as rude or ungrateful but why do you think most players donate? If you thought it was for supporting the server which of course is what donating does, they really just do it for the money. This of course added tons of inflation to prices causing vehicles to rise in price, back then a NRG-904(something like that) made a hole of about 150k, now they cost 650k. That is an over 400% increase in price. Now to work for that money L0 farmer makes absolutely nothing, you make about 24k an hour. At that rate to get your favorite bike you need to do this repetitive action for about 27 hours just to get the bike. Boring, not even fun to evade which is why I want to play again, but due to strict rules, if your banned you can pretty much never come back. Thus people evade.
Well, you don't know how people would like to start off, perhaps letting them do their first step upon logging would be a good idea, say for example, login for the first time and you get 3 options, [CRIMINAL] [COP] [CIVILIAN] by chosing any of them you would get a simple tutorial explaining stuff about it, perhaps optional missions for starters that would give you a decent amount of money upon achieving them, for example.

- [Police]: Would spawn at police station and be given the job, a silenced pistol and a baton + 20K.
Missions:
1. Arrest your first criminal! -- Explaining how to arrest and how to identify a wanted person, 10K.
2. Keep the roads safe! -- Explaining how to work as traffic officer, 10K.
3. Solve a case -- Explaining how detective works, 10K.

- [Criminal]: Would spawn at C villa and given a Deagle to start of, + 20K.
Missions:
1. Discovering Criminal life -- Explaining that F5 contains all possible crimes that can be commited, would receive 5K upon doing any of those activities for the first time.

- [Civilian]: Would spawn at Civilian HQ with a Faggio + 10K.
Missions:
1. Stop being lazy -- Showing the Information about jobs, earning 5K upon completing a mission for a job for the first time.

That would work and count as achievements too, but that way the player would have approximatelly 50K in hand PLUS a useful item to start working with, that way it would stop being SO hard for new players, THEY WOULD ONLY BE ABLE TO CHOSE ONE START.

About In-Game suggestions, I believe that as a Community of Integrity and Transparency, we should let EVERYONE have a part on it, I suggest to remove post count from the board as most of people only uses it to postwhore rather than attempting to improve the server, and also remove community restrictions, since some players might have good ideas and might not be able to post them because of restrictions, we could also bring mantis but it's complicated and I doubt you'd bring it back, anyway since there's a lot of work for staff aswell we could create a board called Pending Suggestions, and supporters could also do some use of their forum status by moving "not stupid, possible suggestions there", just like a filter, and since we've got a lot of supporters neither them or us would be over-whelmed with tasks.

I just remembered something from 2011, the Language File which could not be completed due to not having an active and participating community, but ever since, the community has grown a lot and not only in numbers, but also maturity. Some stuff is really IMPOSSIBLE to make for foreign language players, such as courses, it even took me like 30 attempts to understand everything on it, by doing it the community would have a major involvement on the development, and who doesn't love to see something made by them being used? I, as an ex developer know how that feels, it gives you motivation to make better things, who knows, maybe they will start being more creative and even suggest good things! It might be a pain to do, but would give amazing results.

CIT is an addicting server, especially when you have lots of money and not have to worry about working which feels like actual work instead of a Fun RP kind of way.
Well that's kinda hard unless you are a donator.. CnR for example, is a privilege that you can't afford unless you have worked hard/donated for it. And that's mainly how every online game is, so I've got nothing to suggest about it.

You did a good job with server obviously by hitting that 1300 player limit, but nowadays CIT can't go one day without someone getting banned. Also many players are afraid of staff members... believe me everyone is afraid to kill you in fear of a jail.
If they are afraid of killing staff then it's their problem, we do not give ourselves advantages or anything similar, if we rage and do unfair stuff we get punished.
Talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, fucking, crying, drinking. writing, winning, losing, cheating. kissing, thinking, dreaming.

This is the way, it's the way that we live

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #70 on: 16 08, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »

You mean those things that people would play for a few days, then completely abandon afterwards? How about no.

Show content
My review and ideas;

Beginning CIT life:
        - When creating a first account, players start out only with 20k... this is certainly not enough as due to the fact that most players want to be a simple criminal/cop. But with 20k? No, players are forced to doing these repetitive jobs just to make like 30k in 30-60 minutes. Do you think that it's fun to sit afk or do these repetitive actions over and over again? No, at least in my mind. Players want money but they don't want to tasked with boring jobs. I don't want to come off as rude or ungrateful but why do you think most players donate? They really just do it for the money. This of course added tons of inflation to prices causing vehicles to rise in price, back then a NRG-904(something like that) made a hole of about 150k, now they cost 650k. That is an over 400% increase in price. Now to work for that money L0 farmer makes absolutely nothing, you make about 24k an hour. At that rate to get your favorite bike you need to do this repetitive action for about 27 hours just to get the bike. Plus to make the vehicle even slightly useful you would need 300k for vip hours. Which is why its boring, its not even fun to evade which is why I want to play again, but due to strict rules, if your banned you can pretty much never come back. Thus people evade.

Game Features Board:
        - The "In-game suggestion" or now known as "Game Features" board has quite some issues. I do see your understanding where your running out of creative ideas, but that is not the only issue. Many players suggest things to be removed because they don't like a certain aspect of it. Whats wrong with that you might ask? Well for one removing features does not solve anything, it just creates a problem for those who like the feature. The rule needs to be changed to "change or add" features but not remove features. I know that binds apparently are being "abused" but they aren't. They are just being used for something else instead of what they were intentionally supposed to be used for. Most suggestions about things getting removed is either about "Its desync so remove it" or "Im getting pwned remove it".  Never about changing the feature so that everyone can come to an agreement upon the changes instead of downright removing/nerfing. It is really annoying to have one of your favorite aspects of CIT to be removed. Now should I even bother with the biased people who say things like "donator this donator that". I may have got mad at someone for acting that way and resulted in me getting banned(yep). But still if players can't view for all players who don't have access to that board, they should stay away from it.

Administration:
        - This is where you will probably not read but I am going to review it anyway as this is what this board is about. It is really hard to find good staff who are consistent, willing to helping new players, understanding, nice without an attitude. I don't think I can name one, because that could never exist. But some staff are just outrageous, I understand that staff make mistakes and all that, but when it comes to banning people, they ban or even jail first before thinking and taking in all the proof. My experience with this is frustrating. Couple months ago before I decided to rage at forums and troll my enemy gangs. I was banned for "exploiting satchels" yea... exploiting, why might I be pissed? Well for one I never exploited. Everyone made these videos saying I was exploiter, exploiter........ and eventually after most of them got closed this one report actually worked. Guess what? I was falsely banned for 42000 minutes. I eventually made an appeal and got unbanned then few days later I was falsely jailed!!!! For griefing, I once again appealed and got it removed. After this I just didn't feel like playing anymore. So yea long story short I raged at how admins deleted a gang and got myself an indefinite ban. Yea sort of deserve it after I realized what I did, but I was just mad at how staff was treating me, and never get punished for any mistake. I wish I didn't do the actions that I did but still STAFF NEEDS TO MAKE SURE before banning/jailing someone. What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? You also need to do something about this misconduct rule. Another annoying punishment players get randomly by forgetting to hide they car. Maybe what you should do is have like a car idle timeout. When car is x amount idle time then auto /hide it. That should fix "most" misconduct punishments. The staff team should try to prevent multiple punishments and try to keep the punishment spam clear. If people are getting constantly jailed by a specific rule then obviously something needs to be done about it.

Criminal life:
        - This will be a small review of how I see the criminal side of things. First off I am one of those players who just doesn't like to do CnR events or kill cops. Why? Because its just a waste of time and money. I once got 100 stars and was in jail for almost 3k seconds!! Yea pretty much an hour or as long a staff punishment or pay 120k which is about 5 hours of farmer. I believe there should be a cap and reduce the amount of seconds you get per WL point. Players would much rather enjoy the game play instead of wasting their hard earned repetitive job cash or there valuable time sitting in jail. You may of added jail escape, which is pretty cool, but just gives you extra time once you get caught again. Another issue is "griefing", you get jailed for killing a cop before an event? Really? That is really annoying. You should instead however add that if you kill a cop within the CnR event borders, you get disqualified for something. Getting jailed is a real buzz kill and makes people mad when they don't even expect it.

Weapons and duels:
        - You always hate when people complain about "old LV", but what do people mean by "old LV"? They mean they enjoyed the fast paced combat. Nobody likes spending hours chasing, wasting ammo on somebody because they either got spawn protection or the guns are nerfed. Why do people like explosives so much? They are quick and not only that, they are very fun to throw and get multiple kills instead of one. Why do many like weapon binds? Well because it allows faster combat making the deagle, sniper, shotgun much more effective than the traditional M4. One of the most fun things about "old LV", was spawnkilling. Spawnkilling allowed for players to take turfs much more effectively and faster. LV is supposed to be without rules, if you don't like it, don't come.

CIT is an addicting server, especially when you have lots of money and not have to worry about working which feels like actual work instead of a Fun RP kind of way. You did a good job with server obviously by hitting that 1300 player limit, but nowadays CIT can't go one day without someone getting banned. Also many players are afraid of staff members... believe me everyone is afraid to kill you in fear of a jail.

YES. YES. YES! This is the type of review I was looking for, excellent work! I will read through your review again soon and start making changes to the server based on it. Shame you're perm banned ingame though, I was hoping to get some further reviewing from you after I'd made changes. Since the ban time for flaming staff / server was reduced from perm to 28 days, that means you shouldn't be banned any more, so I took the liberty of removing those bans, so you can do some more reviewing ;)
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2014, 01:00:41 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

VagEE

« Reply #71 on: 16 08, 2014, 01:21:06 pm »
I'll keep it brief. Giving the freedom to all the players of the community to express their views, and their ideas (already stated by you at the first post) and distributing time consuming duties to trusted members of the community or supporters.

I will start from the first idea: "Giving the freedom to all the players of the community to express their views, and their ideas". This is quite important from my side as every player new or old has brilliant ideas and they don't get to share it due to the stupid requirements of the CM. As, some people like me believe in playing only, as some others like to do both. But yea, the more you play in-game the more ideas you get to improve the server to make it better, so I am sure in the past years there might be some people who had great ideas but they didn't got to share it because they weren't aware of it if they really can or they couldn't because of the requirements to post in the ingame features topic.

The second idea of mine is to distribute the duties, I am sure most of you won't like it, but imo it is a useful. CIT staff are busy as they have got jobs to do in-game of punishing rule breakers, handling scamming reports, and their other duties which they have to perform if they are in a group. And after this they have got duties in forum to do as well which is time consuming, more than ingame. So, what supporters or other trusted community members could do is, they could read the suggestions and give a brief to the staff and tell them if it is worth to be read or not, or dealing with people who make topics at unban appeal board with wrong format, they could just deny them and notify it to a staff member. I am sure this would definitely save some time for the staff members.

I also made a topic yesterday which wasn't much important but yes it is not bullcrap to be ignored, I wasn't suggesting about it all, I was looking for peoples opinion but, the topic got locked and I got warned for #7. I found it unfair, and I can say that the suggestion I held to discuss about was definitely better than this: http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=136772.0

mikkel098

« Reply #72 on: 16 08, 2014, 02:10:19 pm »
Now, I only do this to show you guys how to get going with new ideas or improvements - even though you're good at it, but you might learn a new technique :) Some of you may already know the methods :) This post is basically a brief post about creating solutions :)

The first technique thing i'm going to show you, is the a basic innovation concept, it's pretty simple and I am personally sure you will understand everything :)

First of all, you need a problem. For example let's say the problem about the civilian jobs that nobody rarely uses. Let's take the taxi driver in this example:

Now, to come up with a new idea, you need to be open-minded, nothing is too bad not to be said.
A couple of techniques is:

Brainstorm
You've probably heard about this technique in school or at home. It's pretty basic, you sit down and write ALL YOU IDEAS down on a sheet of paper, just remember that nothing is too bad to be written down.
fx. Taxi Driver:
Create missions to make it more fun, fx. you need to deliver a drunk guy home, or a rich person who's in a rush.

Reverse Brainstorm
You might not have heard about this, but basically what it is, is that you find all the negative sides in the problem and make a solution to them.
fx. Taxi Driver:
Too boring, it's the same all the time (You always just drives to costumers, pick them up, take them to a location).

To that we can create a positive side, fx:
Make the taxi driver more varied, as for example imply different costumers.

The Superhero Technique
This one is better if you work in groups, as the roles of different superheroes/known people are applied together to make a solution to the problem.
For example 1 guy is Spiderman, another guy is superman and a 3rd guy is a businessman.

Then you sit down and do a roleplaying-brainstorm with your carater (fx. what Spiderman or Superman would do, to make the taxi driver job more varied). Write everything down here aswell, nothing is too stupid to be written down :)

Green Phase:
This is the idea creation phase. This is the first one you start out with.

Yellow Phase:
You begin to watch critically at ALL your ideas, don't take everything away though, just the worst of it.
Then you see if you can put some of the ideas together, as in mix them up and get the best from both solution ideas.
You also begin to work out what's fitting for the game, as a taxi driver obviously wouldn't fly around with customers like Superman would.

Red Phase:
This is the most serious of all phases, you choose wich idea is the best, you can critizise ideas, but never critizise the people behind the idea. It's a fact that after this phase is done, you should have only 1 or 2 ideas left.
These 2 are the best of the best, and if everything fails trying to solve the problem with the first idea, you always got a backup-idea.

I don't know if this post was any help to any of you, but I really, really innerly hope so :)
Sorry for posting this here, but this is a damn good way of creating constructive critisism, you can always just say "This taxi-driver job is soooo boring, someone do something about it! Add missions" - but what you're missing, is that there is no reason, saying "It's soooo boring" is not proper constructive critism.

I made this post for the simple reason, that it's so easy to say "OMG This sucks!" than actually to come up with a solution to the problem. Good problem solving guys! :D
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2014, 02:26:57 pm by Rifleman »

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #73 on: 16 08, 2014, 06:31:50 pm »

Edit: I'm basically covering something that I believe is missing, because the current contents were basically well covered by Arez (http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=138085.msg1857112#msg1857112)

I initially didn't plan on posting here seeing as I believe that many people failed to understand the aim of this thread and I'm not quite sure if it makes sense to try to do it properly, but I've had something in mind for ages..

Basically, one thing that's missing that would always keep the urge to keep playing is an activity that you can and should do in a team, and at the moment the only things that get close to that next to CnR events are criminal riots and law trainings/activities. In both cases however, the teams are quickly divided when one person dies and is then forced to come all the way back and by then another person from the group will be gone and it just doesn't last for long.

The CnR events actually aren't really teamwork, mostly the members of a team aren't working with each other but against each other and that is because of blocking because they don't care if the guy they block by walking infront of them is not able to shoot anymore as long as they can get a kill and because of various other things that aren't supposed to happen in a team.

One thing that would really be amazing is something that you can and should do in a team, is very fun to do and pretty profitable (especially in a team / the larger the better) and that doesn't split any parts from the team (for example like it happens when someone dies during a criminal riot).
This suggests that it shouldn't necessarily be a criminal or law activity, more something like a.. minigame if you will. Something that urges players to do it, and do it again afterwards, and makes the players from the team stick together.
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2014, 06:54:16 pm by VazZ »
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #74 on: 16 08, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »
Beginning CIT life:

And your proposed solutions are?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.