Author Topic: Development Changes  (Read 53686 times)

solray111

Re: Development Changes
« Reply #120 on: 03 10, 2014, 06:40:19 pm »
 Old running system maybe?

Offline Uardo.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #121 on: 03 10, 2014, 06:58:38 pm »
Something else that I find important for old LV were the payment from turfs.

Turfs payment.
Remove the current turfs payment system and bring back the old one, 1 turf = $5,000 per 5 minutes or $3,000 per 3 minutes. Also increase it's max payment from $25,000 to $50,000 per 3 minutes or even completely remove the limit.
Albanian

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #122 on: 03 10, 2014, 06:59:57 pm »
The return of weapon accuracy and training your gun to get it more accurate. Instead of killing random CJ peds, you'd actually have to put it to real use by killing people? (LV and turfing would be great for that)

Offline CrazyTaco

• Junior Community Member
  • #ameterelwebo
  • Ingame: Taco'Loco
  • Squad: Ruff Ryders
« Reply #123 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »
Wanna increase amount of players? Kick all current staff and remove all bans.

That's not the solution dude. I know a lot of staff members that are doing a great work for example: Araa, Nitrocide, Rabbid, Franco, Coconut and some others too.... Sometimes I just get online at the hour that I know certain staff is online cause I know that he will help me..Not like some other staff that if I send them an sms/did a fail I can get punished
Show content
I think that some staff gotta be kiked, not all of them ._.
And about removing all bans, thats not good either. There are a lot of players that diserve the bans they have: Hackers, cheaters, massive flamers etc. etc.

chimie

« Reply #124 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:00:15 pm »
Something else that I find important for old LV were the payment from turfs.

Turfs payment.
Remove the current turfs payment system and bring back the old one, 1 turf = $5,000 per 5 minutes or $3,000 per 3 minutes. Also increase it's max payment from $25,000 to $50,000 per 3 minutes or even completely remove the limit.

Or add the limit when there aren't so many players in LV. So that will prevent portuguese or idk groups to make milions while we sleep.

Offline CrazyTaco

• #ameterelwebo
« Reply #125 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
Or add the limit when there aren't so many players in LV. So that will prevent portuguese or idk groups to make milions while we sleep.

wtf dude, its not like we get online at that hour because of that. we get online at the hour we can, thats just discrimination of my  timezone
Show content
lol

chimie

« Reply #126 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:13:43 pm »
wtf dude, its not like we get online at that hour because of that. we get online at the hour we can, thats just discrimination of my  timezone
Show content
lol

Yes. But I fight for my money. You don't since no one is there. Adding a limit of 100k should be enough.

BananaBoi

« Reply #127 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:15:50 pm »
Anestly, I used to love the server when the prices were low, like when the nrg-500 used to cost only 150K. IMO, money is the BIGGEST issue. I try to nake money while turfing and it's impossible, you have to use all drugs ( which now cost 1K unfortunately) and + weapon ammo, + buy nades because they get spammed a lot, and to protect yourself, you have to use nades. Also medkits, which is really annoying, because it now costs 1.1K. You waste so much ad you think 3K every 3 minutes it gonna cut it? This game is being more of a donating game. Not everyone is freaking able to donate, I am barley surviving, LV. LV IS NOW HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE because anybody can just spam nades, and not how much skill you have anymore.
« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 07:19:13 pm by Jam$ter »

Offline CrazyTaco

• #ameterelwebo
« Reply #128 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:20:45 pm »
Yes. But I fight for my money. You don't since no one is there. Adding a limit of 100k should be enough.

It's not like we dont fight when we are in LV at the time we are... There are different groups, players u dont know, different tactics.
Besides that, there is this thing in Lv turf sistem that u earn according to the ppl that is in LV....So when "everyone is sleeping" we earn less money per turf. So dont complain about this!

Offline Uardo.

• Group: xCode
« Reply #129 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »
The return of weapon accuracy and training your gun to get it more accurate. Instead of killing random CJ peds, you'd actually have to put it to real use by killing people? (LV and turfing would be great for that)
Well I already suggested to make weapons like they were in the past that would be great because most of weapons or lets say all of them are OP nowadays, but to return the accurate by killing people in LV is kinda useless in my opinion, because the main point of this topic is why doesn't new players keep playing (I have been focusing on new players on this topic mostly because this is an important point new players are the ones who will keep server "alive"). What I have realized is that new comers are confused in the beginning, the ones that will keep playing are these who speaks a good English but others who doesn't would simply stop playing it after few days. We better find solutions of how to make the server simpler and enjoyable for newbies rather than making it more complicated.
#peace
Albanian

Offline iAris

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: Aris
« Reply #130 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »
Hello ,

As a player with less than 400 hours while people have 2500+ hours , I cannot call my self an LV regular , however i've been there a bunch of times in a lot of time spells , back in 2012 , i've been in 2013 , and I continue to go almost every day .
So , what is the main problem , in my humble opinion (in LV) is that old groups rule LV with new players having almost no chance . As you ( Arran ) said , you expected the server to rise and rise and rise . To achieve that , new players must have almost equal chances with the old ones . However , in LV , you can't expect the groups with 100k with each drug get defeated by small new groups . I'm not saying this should always be achieved , but with my group with some friends , we can't hold our turfs for long enough to make more money than we lose in ammo , God , steroids and speed (because heroin is some overprised dope bullshit that lasts 30secs and costs 300-500$) . So we have to work hours and hours in the civilian side to make money , and then spend them in LV ... While I'm pretty sure this is intended , it is a turn off from a major player base that wants to play 99% DMing and doesn't have the patience to work hours and hours to get the money needed . There are , though , some players that prefer the civilian side over the CnR one , but it isn't that much . ( I'm almost 100% sure that 70%+ of the civilians in any given time are working for money and not permanently in the Civilian Side ) .
So , what can be done ?
A way to solve this , would be to make more turfs , so major groups can hold lets say 20 turfs each while new groups get some other turfs and fight with other small groups etc . LV doesn't have that much space and shrinking the turfs will not solve the problem . A way out of this mess (in my opinion) is a special dimension for turfing (like /territorywardim ) that has turfs & all not only in LV but in LS or SF also .
Will this solve the major problem?
Not all of it . There would be still , work needed for the money , so maybe giving some ammo for holding a turf OR increasing some job payments will do the trick . Its up to you (Arran)

P.S. : If anyone comments in this post , please bother mentioning me , I don't want to check this post every god damn hour :p

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BClaude
« Reply #131 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:34:27 pm »
And your average cop killing elsewhere. I would approve of such a thing.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #132 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »
Wanna increase amount of players? Kick all current staff and remove all bans.

Wow are you rude or are you rude? Have you any idea that some staff actually try to work their ass off to be better staff and actually try to help more? You're basically saying we ( me, cherry, nitro .. all of us ) are worthless and we should be kicked .. the effort some of us have put in over the last 2 years is more than you have.

People will say the harsh staff. I agree and do not deny that some can be harsh, I've been harsh, then I learnt from it.
We're not all harsh and horrible like a few people have made us out to be, you forget that while we ban people, we ban people because they broke a rule or annoyed or ruined other people's gameplay. So a punishment from us in half of cases, is to protect others.

Which everyone seems to have forgotten in this topic. Sad ..

I don't disagree that one problem with player count is unnecesary or brutal punishments, particularly related to misconduct etc. But I'll talk about that in another post when I can brainstorm.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Dave

« Reply #133 on: 03 10, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »
People come and go. We have to accept that fact first, if people want to leave, let them for whatever reasons they want to leave. Actual players will often ragequit the server even for stupid reasons for enough time to actually affect the player count.

I think we should start focusing on the new generation of players. I've seen really potential players that can contribute to the community's growth leave. It happens everyday actually for a lot of reasons.

We should start focusing on making the server really, and I mean REALLY attractive for newcomers. Making it easier for them as for understanding and growing on their first steps on the server. What they have to do, what they NEED to do.

I suggest making an actual tutorial for newcomers, and as they progress on the tutorial they get rewarded with things that will later help them achieve better things easier when they start. We can have all the rules and tutorials written, but most people just don't like to read a bunch of paragraphs, so let's show them how to play and enjoy the server by actually showing it up to them as they play

We have to actually do whatever it takes to let new players feel the real experience of CIT so they want to keep playing. We are so focused on trying to solve problems for people who just really don't want to play anymore that we often forget about the new generation of players. If we want to keep the server growing up, we better start focusing on this.

It's just my opinion, I don't know if someone has actually posted something like this before as I haven't read the whole suggestions.
« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 07:56:12 pm by Dave »

Offline Gmane

• Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: GMane
« Reply #134 on: 03 10, 2014, 08:48:09 pm »
Everyone is focusing on Staff "bad job", they only do what is in the Rules, So I think we should start there, by changing prohibitive rules and start embracing this as a game where people should have fun, and not be scared to get punished the whole time (talking about downsize cop privileges)

The Renegades Founder