Author Topic: Development Changes  (Read 53559 times)

pr@killer

Re: Development Changes
« Reply #30 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »
2 things made me (and a lot of other people/my friends) really bored from this server;

#1.
- Removed getting drugs from criminal events, increased cash payments. There is now a drugs shortage as there is currently no way to get drugs. (Arran)

$1.000-$1.500 for a hit of heroin? no, just no.
i see alot of drugs being sold by those donators who bought like 50.000 each drug, at least it is easy for them.
take me as an example, im not a donator, I can't have a lot of money being handed to me daily, I only got like 100-500 each drug, struggling to get ammo, expensive ammo at F7? Bullshit... im my opinion

Seroiusly? Do we need these "shortages"? What is the point of this when there almost isn't any roleplay anymore?

#2. Arms shortage too (ammo shortage) ^

So my honest suggestion is to revert these changes listed above, that's all I request (for now)

padraig61091

« Reply #31 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »
well I haven't played in about a year for me it was the release of GTA5 that kept me from playing for a while. I got a message from the head of my old group today which came to my email and reminded me how fun the game is
Perhaps send out a mass email advertising some event to try get numbers back up id say once people log back in once they will keep coming back.
« Last Edit: 02 10, 2014, 08:16:24 pm by padraig61091 »

Offline HaniFarps

• Senior Community Member
  • The First Syrian Player in CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
« Reply #32 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:16:03 pm »
Hello

I would like to talk about old players first, if you noticed, a lot of the old players are constantly leaving the server for a lot of reasons, excluding that they have to focus on their studies or they're bored of the server, there are some reasons that are in the server itself.

In my opinion, old and mature players should be treated a bit differently, for example:

1. I don't think they should be punished before they get a straight warning by a staff members (IG). Sometimes people have bad days or make mistakes, why not help them instead of making them feel worse? If you noticed a person provoking someone else in main chat, why not just tell them to calm down before taking actions? and by "telling them to calm down" I mean like a professional reply by a staff member like this: "Please stop talking about this in main chat else you may get punished".
Saying please to players doesn't show weakness but it shows how respective that person is. I've seen a lot of my friends who are old and helpful players get punished and it made them think twice about if they wanna complete playing in the server/complete helping etc, feeling like they are getting no results for being loyal to the server. (This should apply to both of old and new players, but I'm giving an example about those who know the rules well)

2. Another example about how to avoid old people leaving the server, let's say someone failed in main/team/support chat or whatever public chat you want with non-English talking
Show content
Example: Hola cómo estás? (google translated)
, why muting him? I'm pretty sure that he annoyed no one since it's just another line in the chatbox how is that annoying? and so the "fail" don't get abused, you can for sure mute those who fake fail like this ".gc xGroup are a bunch of idiots", that's obviously not a fail and shows immaturity.

I said it a lot before and I'm going to say it again, a line in the punishlog is being taken really seriously, after the new updates about disallowing requesting a screenshot of the punishlog I was really glad about it to give other chance to enjoy the game but it still need to be removed from the requirements to be a CB,PC and SO, in fact, the punishlog should be a private thing that no one have the right to request it and its only propose should be defending yourself against admins abuse as a proof in complains etc.

3. Forum moderation, I'm pretty sure that most of the players that made complains or punishments appeals experienced this problem. Admins locking the topic without an answer or with like 5 words reply that its propose is not really related to the topic itself.

Example #1:
Show content
Invaild appeal.
Example #2:
Show content
Stay banned.
Example #3:
Show content
Punishment was failed.

There should be a rule about disallowing locking topics if the main reason is not there yet, like a quote of the rule that the person broke from F1, logs or screenshots.

4. Ungrateful peace of garbage rank, this rank is being given a lot without a real reason for it, this rank should be given to DDosers, hackers etc, I've seen a lot of ex Staff members having this rank for saying 1 bad thing after resigning/getting kicked etc. They should be punished like the rest of the players, what have they done to get an extra punishment? they should receive a forum warning depends on the rule they broke.

5. Treating groups wrongly, there are a lot of groups that got treated wrongly, I'll only talk about [GG] for now, as I heard, [GG] wanted to re-create the group but they failed because a L5 admin didn't allow them to recreate it in excuse of "it's not allowed to cause drama deleting a group then re-creating it after a week". Let's say they really did all that just to cause drama, just let them, it's their problem, their lost and their group. There should be some freedom about these stuff, a CIT player should have the ability to do whatever he wants with the features available to him as long as he doesn't expoit them, I remember that FFH was going to get deleted when there was problems between its leaders, but after they managed to fix the problems they were back without any problems, why wasted all [GG]'s hardwork without a real reason that actually effect you, the players in the server or the enjoyment of playing the server. Re-creating [GG] would NOT effect anyone at all, if it's strange that players count is not increasing, stop letting people leave the server for reasons like this.

I don't know if there are some [GG] members that left the server, but there are a lot of other groups that are getting unfair treatments from while to while.
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Offline Inferno

• Parkour Master
  • Senior Community Member
  • danyboi
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TeamDGers
« Reply #33 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »
It is all about money , for starters . It is hard to them to make money .

Offline kingozzy20

• Bikers forever!! Forever Bikers
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: kingozzy20
« Reply #34 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »
the thing I miss most in CIT is the DM rule, it may be bad ssometimes but many groups had plenty fun making wars through SA against their enemies , believe it or not but those wars made groups more tight people would suport each other cause you didnt knew when ur enemies would attack u or do a drive-by + its not the same as making a war in LV where everyone can mess it. Bikers and other groups had plenty of fun with it and since it got removed I have seen many people wishing to get it back (not just people from the criminal side), some say server got boring and that you cant do anything cause its punishable.
I know DM couldnt be totally allowed like being able to kill everyone, at some point it could be annoying to people so I suggest to make the opposite of aliance, being able to have enemies, being able to have fights, f u have a beaf with a group u send na "enemy request" or something.
other thing I think that didnt helped was the 2sec aiming thing to get wanted, it kinda killed the criminal thingy, speacialy cause you cant get wanted if you are inside a car atleast it should be possible to aim and get wanted while in a car, Bikers tried to do ilegal trucking togheter but shooters needed to keep finding way to get wanted before cops come so they can shot and kill without leaving their vehicle before they get wanted

also: - miss the oldmarket system, F7 is better to make lots of cash but the old way to travel around and try to set deals so awesome
        - lacks of possible RP
        - there should be group missions, personally I think that is missing alot and would help to devellop many groups speacially criminal groups

cheers  8)
« Last Edit: 02 10, 2014, 08:32:06 pm by kingozzy20 »

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #35 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:28:22 pm »
And finally @Arran , think about future prospects. I know this will one day come to an end, everything comes to an end. What are your future ideas. I know I may sound ambitious but this is the way to go forward.
As many have said GTA SA is getting old which could be the reason to why people are leaving.

It is not too early to think about a move to another franchise of GTA such as IV or GTA V. Yes I understand GTA V has not even come out on PC yet but as I said future prospects. What you have achieved in terms of scripting skills is mind boggling, without scripting all this would have never happened.

I understand your way of thinking and I like it, would certainly be nice. Though you run into certain problems.

• Find us a multiplayer mod for GTA IV/V that is as extremely well-developed and actually provides more features and accessibility compared to MTA SA.
  • The nice thing about having this server is that it's San Andreas. This game is just about 10 years old so:
        - low file size (4-8 GB compared to 15 GB for GTA IV, 32 GB if you add the episodes)
        - System requirements. Even the biggest pieces of shit for PC's can run GTA SA steadily, albeit with a lower resolution. Still, it's good enough to get on CIT. Think of GTA IV and V, you need a PRETTY DAMN GOOD COMPUTER to run those games well enough for satisfying gameplay.

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BClaude
« Reply #36 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »
I will say something about CIT, it's not gonna last when GTA5 gets released for PCs. The unique amount of users at this point is going to go down from 3600 to, from a guess I would say, at least 1000. Less if the PC version isn't a bomb like GTAIV, and even more less if GTA Online works better at PC release.

Until then, things have got to change soon. The community needs to build like a community and we need people to think that money is NOT the only thing in this server that's important.

The inflated prices made people greedy, why don't we reduce the prices and make the game easier?

EDIT:
I understand your way of thinking and I like it, would certainly be nice. Though you run into certain problems.

• Find us a multiplayer mod for GTA IV/V that is as extremely well-developed and actually provides more features and accessibility compared to MTA SA.
  • The nice thing about having this server is that it's San Andreas. This game is just about 10 years old so:
        - low file size (4-8 GB compared to 15 GB for GTA IV, 32 GB if you add the episodes)
        - System requirements. Even the biggest pieces of shit for PC's can run GTA SA steadily, albeit with a lower resolution. Still, it's good enough to get on CIT. Think of GTA IV and V, you need a PRETTY DAMN GOOD COMPUTER to run those games well enough for satisfying gameplay.
GTAIV was a power hog, but GTAV should be a bit better in coding and performance, hopefully. It's 2014, so people should have powerful enough computers to play at least GTAIV in 30FPS, if not better.
« Last Edit: 02 10, 2014, 08:32:49 pm by BClaude »

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #37 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »
While GTA IV is definitely playable at this point, you also should take into account the massive performance hit it'd take from our large playercount. Normally GTA SA should run butter smooth on low-end PC's. High playercount makes your CPU core cry. (see what I did there)

While GTA V will definitely perform better, it'll still take some power to run it well, Max Payne 3 being a good example.

kisho

« Reply #38 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:56:44 pm »
The amo shortage is when I saw a lot of people disappear.

Now we have a drug shortage I'm sure it will be the same.

At times the administration can be very harsh and punish you, with no warning. Back when DM was enabled an admin would warp to you and say 'why did u kill that player'  maybe an admin can warp to you and tell you what your doing wrong or why did u do blank.

Vehicle prices went very high and some ppl couldn't afford them anymore, the rich players remained unaffected.

The unbalance of CnR with cops having a lot of advantages, something I've always delt with and always adjusted to it but some ppl quit. I know criminals are supposed to be a disadvantage but still.

Some ppl have low end or older PCs n CITy lags them so much, also some of the /settings use up a lot of CPU maybe nice markers/shaders/blue sky should be disable and allow the player to turn it on as opposed to off.. People who don't speak English as well wont be able to understand the settings and that its effecting thier FPS/CPU

Offline Houaiss

« Reply #39 on: 02 10, 2014, 08:57:31 pm »

- there should be group missions, personally I think that is missing alot and would help to devellop many groups speacially criminal groups

cheers  8)

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!

Offline Fady21

• Regular Community Member
  • I'll support you till the end
  • Group: Camorra
  • Ingame: Fady21
« Reply #40 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:01:23 pm »
CIT's old days were the best days Arran, in the past when I entered CIT the cars's prices was cheap prices like infernus costed 300k but now, u have to have 800k to buy infernus, I don't say that it's not easy to get 800k in this time but I can say that the game isn't soo nice like the old days of CIT when we had the old BR's interior,when we had old awesome turf systerm,Old LV and some "Civillian job" I just ant say that some scripts that just got added in this Months/Days is not improving the server, Alot of ppl are leaving the server because of a few updates for example, When u kill Cops/Crims in BR u get like 20k/10k but b4 dat update u could get around 7k and 20+ Each drugs now if u checked F7's drugs prices u will see alot of fucks's prices?
Architect

Offline Marin.

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #41 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:06:57 pm »
The thing I don't like here is that some admin spectates you and jails you for misconduct while nobody reported you.And the thing that you could get jailed while shoting someone in LS or SF.

My suggestion for LV is to add grenade limit for people that have more than $25,000,000.Donators have much money so they are spamming LV all day with grenades.So with that limit they could throw 30 grenades per 20 minutes or something like that.

If you're gonna keep misconduct jails,trolling jails and griefing jails then players should get restriction to LS and SF after they repeat offender like that bans were before. Example : [CIT]X restricted Y's access to LS and SF (Griefing X5 - VFC)

And I miss old DM times,if you're gonna add DM in SF and LS then lower X10 count to 10 days,2 months is too much.
In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. — George Orwell

Offline Fady21

• Regular Community Member
  • I'll support you till the end
  • Group: Camorra
  • Ingame: Fady21
« Reply #42 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:12:21 pm »
The thing I don't like here is that some admin spectates you and jails you for misconduct while nobody reported you.And the thing that you could get jailed while shoting someone in LS or SF.

My suggestion for LV is to add grenade limit for people that have more than $25,000,000.Donators have much money so they are spamming LV all day with grenades.So with that limit they could throw 30 grenades per 20 minutes or something like that.

If you're gonna keep misconduct jails,trolling jails and griefing jails then players should get restriction to LS and SF after they repeat offender like that bans were before. Example : [CIT]X restricted Y's access to LS and SF (Griefing X5 - VFC)

And I miss old DM times,if you're gonna add DM in SF and LS then lower X10 count to 10 days,2 months is too much.
Oh yeh forgot to say something about misconduct jails, a new rule added from a few months that if u left ur car in the road u will be jailed,That rule is very annoying, Also it will be very annoying if u as cop,you saw a wanted criminal,You parked ur car in front of the road then someone came with his car and moved ur own car to the road then u get a punishment for that, I think it would be unfair so im suggesting to remove that rule and make it if I drived in the wrong road then I will have to pay 1k better.
Architect

Offline KareemFTW

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
« Reply #43 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:21:09 pm »
I want to add something to what Suro and Master said about staff applications.

I don't like the fact of making the voting on applications private, you are leaving us distracted without knowledge about our application votation process, how many votes we got positive or negative, is there is a bias votes or no..

Why don't you make it like Police chiefs/criminal bosses system on which application votation process should occur on public for RCM+ ofc or tell the applicant about how many votes he received and who voted on him via a PM as an addition to the denial reason PM.

That will make the staff apps. system more better at least for the applicant who work really hard to reach RCM+ to apply for the staff team.
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #44 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »
I will say something about CIT, it's not gonna last when GTA5 gets released for PCs.

LOL sure. Almost 50% of MTA players are playing in 800x600 which means their PCs are over 10 years old. The other 50% aren't doing much better. There is no way in hell they can even play GTA IV let alone GTA V. PC GTA IV multiplayer was a joke and GTA V will probably be too so the impact it will have on MTA's player count is minimal.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.