Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 23704 times)

Offline JoKeR999

• Senior Community Member
  • The psychiatrist.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: JoKeR999
Re: Rule Changes
« Reply #15 on: 07 10, 2014, 11:40:15 pm »
Regarding the 2nd option, It's just too stupid how is it that admins close their SMS while they are L2 or 3.. I mean honestly without mentioning names,  I have been apart of this server since a year and few months, I sometimes needed staff help, All what I see is that some SMSs are closed.. now you need to wait or just go to the staff member, Going to him could lead to a punishment, Which is stupid,  Sometimes people deserve being punished while other times they don't depending on the situation.
Love yourself.

DeadlySehse.

« Reply #16 on: 08 10, 2014, 12:03:58 am »
if we can't ask staffs to recover hijack or we can't talk with them about something/problem or anything else... then why staffs team made for ? they should do their job and if someone really annoyed/trolled them they can punish him .

i think you know what I mean .

You simply annoy staff by asking them to recover hijack because it gets recovered automatically, you can now talk to them via admin help room in J if you didn't notice, we do our jobs, but contacting a staff because his friend is annoying him for example rather than using /report is considered being annoying.

Rule #14  a lot of staffs punish you for no reason, even if u ask or warn someone...
admins should warn before punish you, if you didnt listen to them so they can punish you

You should have realized by now that support chat is a sensitive chat room, 85% of players ask there, some admins ask too if they need help, so any spam/random characters will cut of the connection between the one who asked and the one who answered/will answer, besides to write in support chat you need to write a command or J > support chat, so you really can't fail, why can't you just follow the rule ?

about Non English : what is the way it can Hurt or badly Effect the community ? I mean that Nothing Happen if he Talked with a Non English Words For one time , Some Times They Cannot Show what they Really means With English so he can Use Un English words for 1 time If he wanna explain NOT TO CHAT only if he wanna Explain ... hope you got me .

and Don't Misuse the support chat : why it would Hurt someone if you said " English Please " or " Dont Misuse " Actually He is Helping the Supporters and the Staff Team .. Thanks for reading

Please Mention my Name if you wanna say or edit something on my words so I can see it

• Do you really like when someone talks about you in a language you don't understand ? No, that's one of the reasons CIT "MAIN" chats should be English and I mean by "MAIN" is that you can talk Non-English in a lot of other places, such as localchat and chat-rooms of your language.. J >> Select your Language.
  • It's Supporters and staff team's job to warn/take care of the support chat to prevent chaos, if everyone warned, then it will be a mess.

Maybe take away the part about 'or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted' ... people can take their own risks.

They do take their own risks, but when they do, we find the complaints board flooding with complaints of players who got scammed because they have done a transfer that isn't guaranteed.. Why take the risk ? Use F7.

Maybe the 5 second period at support misuse rule needs to be removed, but I find rules okay, although a lot was removed, edited. Now you find loads of cars in the middle of the road because rule #17 got removed, which means if the spamming rule gets removed, we fill find "GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" every 1 second and no one would be able to play. Just sayin..

psyKapa

« Reply #17 on: 08 10, 2014, 12:19:07 am »
I think the rules are ok, please do not take me wrong, but there are some admins who make people leave the server, for example if we ask something to a admin and he says "GO ASK THAT TO SOME ONE ELSE U NOOB" or something like that, people won't like it and might leave the server, admins should instruct the rules, but should also be friendly, so people really like to be on the server, see this example:

You go to a restaurant and u ask what this plate has on it, of course that if the waitress responds you nicely you will be happy, and if he responds to you with sarcasm or even with bad words, you probably wont go again to that restaurant.

I want to tell that this is just my opinion, and in the past, I have seen some staff members being rude to players, and that is one of the reasons on why people leave CIT.

Please take on this opinion gently, and I don't to cause any problem to any one, I am just giving my opinion has it has been asked.

Offline Sick

• Yes, I'm a Doctor.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Sick
« Reply #18 on: 08 10, 2014, 01:06:14 am »
I think the rules are ok, please do not take me wrong, but there are some admins who make people leave the server, for example if we ask something to a admin and he says "GO ASK THAT TO SOME ONE ELSE U NOOB" or something like that, people won't like it and might leave the server, admins should instruct the rules, but should also be friendly, so people really like to be on the server, see this example:

You go to a restaurant and u ask what this plate has on it, of course that if the waitress responds you nicely you will be happy, and if he responds to you with sarcasm or even with bad words, you probably wont go again to that restaurant.

I want to tell that this is just my opinion, and in the past, I have seen some staff members being rude to players, and that is one of the reasons on why people leave CIT.

Please take on this opinion gently, and I don't to cause any problem to any one, I am just giving my opinion has it has been asked.

You can complain that staff for being rude, many staff got punished for that.
The only way we ask players to ask someone else because we don't have access to do what they asked us to do.
For ex.  A player asked L1 staff to marry him, ofcourse you know that L1 can't so we tell them to ask L2+.
We want to help the players but maybe a staff is busy to do something with another player so he tells him to ask another staff. Sometimes a staff isn't sure of sonething so he tells him to ask another staff so he can help him.
he says "GO ASK THAT TO SOME ONE ELSE U NOOB"
That doesn't happen and if that happened the staff should be reported.
I hope you got my point.
Show content
Sorry for grammer mistakes, using phone atm.
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 01:23:31 am by Sick »

So glad we've almost made it, So sad we had to fade it.

psyKapa

« Reply #19 on: 08 10, 2014, 01:20:52 am »
You can complain that staff for being rude, many staff got punished for that.
The only way we ask players to ask someone else because we don't have access to do what they asked us to do.
For ex.  A player asked L1 staff to marry him, ofcourse you know that L1 can't so we tell them to ask L2+.
We want to help the players but maybe a staff is bisy to do something with another player so he tells him to ask another staff. Sometimes a staff isn't sure of sonething so he tells him to ask another staff so he can help him.That doesn't happen and if that happened the staff should be reported.
I hope you got my point.
Show content
Sorry for grammer mistakes, using phone atm.

As I said, I told it "in the past", I haven't seen it happening in the last times, and I think that players are currently happy with most of the staffs.

But I hope you get my point: First time some one logs in into CIT and he sees a staff being rude, do you think he will complaint or he will leave the servers? Just that point I wanted to show.

Rocky#

« Reply #20 on: 08 10, 2014, 01:32:06 am »
Do not annoy staff members...
This was the only one I felt that needs changing. I know sometimes people can be annoying but, some staffs have 0 patience at all.

Offline Sick

• Yes, I'm a Doctor.
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Sick
« Reply #21 on: 08 10, 2014, 01:46:57 am »
This was the only one I felt that needs changing. I know sometimes people can be annoying but, some staffs have 0 patience at all.
A guy that is following you with his faggio and started to use the horn next to you alot and after slapping him he does that again, what would you do ?

A guy that smsed you saying " Come fassssst " then  you stop what you were doing and when you warp to him he laughs, what would you do ?
I hope you know what I mean, also if it is unfair punishment, you can complain that staff.

So glad we've almost made it, So sad we had to fade it.

Offline Ron.

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #22 on: 08 10, 2014, 02:54:40 am »
I wanted to say that in my opinion the rule #3 should be modified. Not removed.

Rule:
Show content
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

This rule causes a lack of communication between the staff members and the players. I'm not saying that we should allow players to troll/annoy staff members by calling them everytime or "honking" if they found them on the middle of the road. But we could modify it so that the player that actually needs help staff member won't get punished. Maybe someone is hoking because he doesn't know what he should press to talk or he can't speak english. Another things is if someone sends an sms if it's possible for staff members to actually reply and not ignoring it (Also making the staff members have their sms open 24/7). But this doesn't mean that the players should spam or be extremly annoying. What im trying to say is that if it's possible to modify one only thing about this rule and that is the staff patience if it's the first time that one specific asks for help. But if the player gets annoying in an extreme way, then the actual rules should be applied.

Offline Will

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Soldiers
  • Ingame: ~|S|~Will
« Reply #23 on: 08 10, 2014, 03:30:03 am »
To be honest, no change necessary, however:
Agreeing with @Powder here. I mean, some of the admins seem to be under the impression that the more punishments that are being given out, the better ('Specially for the trials... More punishments = Pass trial). Check out the admin log whenever - It's actually pretty common to see a player punished twice because admins are almost "racing" to be the first to give out punishments.
Like seriously, any excuse seems to hold up these days with punishments, and a hell of a lot of punishments that I see appealed on the forum were quite harsh/unnecessary, but they were still denied. 
Legit, I see people asking for help in main chat... And then they get muted. Punishing someone for asking for help about something they didn't know... Just, bullshit.

Another thing that links to above... The attitude of some admins.
Show content
This dude asked for help in support chat, to no avail - Then this unnamed admin goes along and trolls... Might I mention this was a very highly ranked admin too... Like yeah there's a bunch of idiots that flame the server, I get that. But this guy was asking for help - He wasn't bitching for the sake of it.

It's not the rules that need to be changed... It's the mindset around the rules.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #24 on: 08 10, 2014, 03:47:43 am »
I'm on my phone, so I'll have to get straight to the point.

The support chat rule...I mean, are you serious?

Why should there actually be a time limit on answering someone's question after it's already been answered UNLESS they're a complete idiot and repeat the first guy's exact words? What if I decide that I have a better answer to a question that's already "solved"? (and I quote the word solved because giving a bullshitted lazy answer just to get an admin's acknowledgement of your activity in hope to get recommended for staff is not solving a question)

So is support chat supposed to be some sort of race to see who can type the fastest, or are we supposed to actually give other players QUALITY assistance? Because if it's a race, I have the perfect name for a game like that. Let's call it: "First One to get Muted Loses Even  Though His Answer was the Best out of All of Ours"

It's sad see folks getting muted because they were typing a longer, more helpful answer to a question from a player in need, while the lazy pricks who write short and unclear answers sit in their chair rubbing their pregnant-like bellies.

So who wants to play a good game of First Person to get Muted Loses?
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 03:55:03 am by Melo »

Offline Ron.

« Reply #25 on: 08 10, 2014, 04:09:17 am »
So is support chat supposed to be some sort of race to see who can type the fastest, or are we supposed to actually give other players QUALITY assistance? Because if it's a race, I have the perfect name for a game like that. Let's call it: "First One to get Muted Loses Even  Though His Answer was the Best out of All of Ours"

I agree with you on that. I think a complete answer is better than a simple and fast answer. That usally happens between the IG Supporters and the wannabe supporters that are answering every question 24/7.

Another thing is that most of the people that acutally talk on the support chat always spam. Like you will always see people saying "Admin plz" or "Gif me moni please". That's where something should be changed. I ain't sure what exactly it should be done but a suggestion is to just warn them. Not muting them the second they talk or spam. This would apply on the IG Supporters, I think most of the people get muted by them due to "misue on the support chat" and I think that if the want to help they could just warn them and if they keep spamming, then they can mute them. I don't say this is not being done right now, but most of the times people get muted without a previous warning. And staff members are not the ones who muted them, IG supporters are.

Offline Shadow_

• USNS Leader
  • It Pays to be a Winner.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: US_Navy_SEALs
  • Ingame: Shadow#USNS
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #26 on: 08 10, 2014, 05:02:54 am »
7. Do not request an unfair advantage from a member of staff. Do not request 'group job' from an official group.

People should try each official group job, but not unfairly for the group they can ask for the job but he cannot get access like a member in the same group
he can use skin and name color, I think its fair like this.

14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat. "Misuse" can mean the following: spamming, flooding, non-english, advertising, flaming, trolling, warning players (especially saying "English please"), repeating a question more than once although it was already answered, repeating an answer that has already been stated at least around 6 seconds ago, asking a not CIT server related question and anything else that is not "asking a CIT server related question" or "answering a question".

a lot of people getting punished for this rule, I think "misuse" of support chat should get removed the other stuff i'm ok with them.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver"

Santiagoroa0213

« Reply #27 on: 08 10, 2014, 05:34:16 am »
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

I think this rule should be modified/deleted, Why? I think it´s unnecesary and just will create hate trought the staffs-regular ppl. Yea, maybe it can be annoying if someone hasn´t never seen an admin and is following you or asking question or something else, but punishing people for this? its kinda stupid in a game like that, you are admins and its supposed to be popular people, so dont punish a poor newbie player for this stupid thing, also I think admins are enoguh mature people to ignore players who are following them or doing animations like /piss near them
Show content
its funny somethimes huh ;)
, so dont be mad! admins have a bad reputation because a lot of people thinks that "you cant do anything near them or you will be permanently banned or smth like that", cmon guys, its supposed that admins are friendly and hepful people, not someone who you should have fear of.

That´s what I think.
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 05:37:33 am by Santiago. »

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #28 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:09:23 am »
I´ve mentioned this several times months ago. It is not the rules that need to be changed, it is the staff team behaviour. The way the rules are being enforced. They need to analyze the situations where they punish a lot more, and a lot better. They must warn people, asking before rushing to the punish button. They have to treat the players a lot better, as people that needs help, and that do not have the experience that the staff team has with the server, instead of treating them like stupid noobs that are only trying to troll or annoy them. Sometimes the answers that to the old players and to the staff team seem obvious and stupid, for a new player, are not that easy.

Try having a more comprehensive staff, a more human staff, and a lot more players will be happy.
Innovation fuels success

Offline Diamond

« Reply #29 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:27:36 am »
6. Do not spam...

I think we shouldn't get muted if we spammed a bit in localchat when there is less than 3 players next to you watching, Example for the spam:
By DarkRise
"COOOOOOOOPs"

Otherwise depends if it was really spammy the guy must get muted, Not big deal imo if the player got annoyed from others spamming a bit next to him he can simply leave the area if he spammed hard then he can use /report. No need to harsh in the rule.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162