Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 23702 times)

Offline Aditya.N

• Senior Community Member
  • Proud to be a part of KLM. Former CIT supporter.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-VP|Aditya.N
  • Squad: Speed (#SP)
Re: Rule Changes
« Reply #30 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:28:15 am »
I'm on my phone, so I'll have to get straight to the point.

The support chat rule...I mean, are you serious?

Why should there actually be a time limit on answering someone's question after it's already been answered UNLESS they're a complete idiot and repeat the first guy's exact words? What if I decide that I have a better answer to a question that's already "solved"? (and I quote the word solved because giving a bullshitted lazy answer just to get an admin's acknowledgement of your activity in hope to get recommended for staff is not solving a question)

So is support chat supposed to be some sort of race to see who can type the fastest, or are we supposed to actually give other players QUALITY assistance? Because if it's a race, I have the perfect name for a game like that. Let's call it: "First One to get Muted Loses Even  Though His Answer was the Best out of All of Ours"

It's sad see folks getting muted because they were typing a longer, more helpful answer to a question from a player in need, while the lazy pricks who write short and unclear answers sit in their chair rubbing their pregnant-like bellies.

So who wants to play a good game of First Person to get Muted Loses?

You misunderstood the part where you could actually see some people really trying to help. It's supporters choice to decide who is actually misusing in the support chat based on what is mentioned in the rule.

I agree about the that 'first person to answer' stuff.. it used to happen before more than it is now. After understanding players who give answers on support more, I've learnt that they observe and then try to improve themselves. The rule itself is not much of a problem.. But the mindset of the players is. Some are eagerly trying to help, some want to become a supporter.

As a supporter, you need to understand who is misusing support chat and in what way, considering the rule #14. That's techniically why we have a "support"chat and why there is a "support"ers team. Support is where players are to be first directed for help and then they expect us to give a full, satisfying answer, even I believe in giving a full and satisfying answer.

Incase you think there needs an improvement in any of the supporter's duty, you can personally ask and solve it out with them. I don't think so anyone of us (sup's) are not willing to listen to any player, be it a negative opinion or just a doubt clearance.

Each player answers on their own, with their own knowledge about the particular question which is asked. We can't force them to give a big answer. We can only encourage them regarding this. One thing I can assure you, I believe they can't achieve supporter status with answers with no effort.

I'm on my phone, so I'll have to get straight to the point.

The support chat rule...I mean, are you serious?

Why should there actually be a time limit on answering someone's question after it's already been answered UNLESS they're a complete idiot and repeat the first guy's exact words? What if I decide that I have a better answer to a question that's already "solved"?

SMS the person? I understand that support chat is meant for help, but if a person really wants to help someone,  I firmly believe that he/she is going to SMS that guy and atleast make him satisfied with your help, instead of typing and ending an answer in between of 4-5 question and answers.
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 03:50:06 pm by Aditya.N »
Vice President of KLM| | My introduction.
IRC nick: Aditya

Offline Zero.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Zero
« Reply #31 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:28:47 am »
The Support chat rule about warning players,

This rule just gets on my nerves I mean players are already nice enough to help players in the support chat.
but when someone talks non-english or spam then a player says "english or dont spam", they get punished.
like wth, all I see is are admins or supporters (not gonna point out names) punish them when they aren't even helping in the support chat. They just wait for players to get punished when they don't even bother helping in the chat.

It's just players trying to help by warning players! It doesn't ruin anyones gameplay!
:)

Offline Sick

• Yes, I'm a Doctor.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Sick
« Reply #32 on: 08 10, 2014, 07:21:45 am »
About the support channel rule

Most of people are not only helping but they are farming lines.

So if we removed the rule, everybody would spam it by warning players.
Think about what may happen before saying that it should be removed or something.

So glad we've almost made it, So sad we had to fade it.

Offline Shomy

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: Team Genesis
  • Ingame: Shomy
« Reply #33 on: 08 10, 2014, 08:13:07 am »
Admins should be more friendly, they have to learn to respect players, they have to be nice to players if they want players to stayon the server.Admins should understand that they are nothing just part of virtuality, so they are in totaly same level with rest of players.

P.S: Admin who warned me for saying "Kick xb0x and Cherry for their arogant acting" is teletubies, because I told my opinion because admins cant deal with truth they are warning other players.That is the reason server lost over 500 regular.Sick of admins "maturity".
I will tell you from my perspective , I enter server, have fun , admin came and start smarting about some rule like he is Einstein, I told my opinion about his smarting and He finds out that im right, he warns me.Everyone can tell that this is the truth.

Warn me again if you want I really dont feel guilt for internet forum and telling a fucking reallity.And I'm giving advice only because I spent big part of life with this server, so Im not doing anything against it.
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 08:23:52 am by Shomy »

Offline HaniFarps

• The First Syrian Player in CIT
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
« Reply #34 on: 08 10, 2014, 08:52:31 am »
Well, in my point of view, all the rules are good but there are some parts in some rules that should be removed.

Show content
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

imo, as a staff member you must be friendly with players, that should be your main job/duty, be gratful that people are following or talking to you. I know it may get annoying at some point but you should deal with it. I feel bad whenever I see a player get punished for obstructing staff and I'm pretty sure that poor player didn't do anything but an animation near the staff.
If a player did /piss on you, why don't you just do it back and make that player sure that the staff team are not harmful.

Show content
6. Do not spam, complain about lag, post quick stats, or advertise outside of F10 (Car shows and events do not count). - Press J if you need to contact an admin. All admins start with [CIT]. Do not misuse the chats that are there for a purpose and not for chatting randomly in. Do not go on about somebody getting punished.

I don't understand how posting quick stats is even spammy, I don't have a lot to talk about it, all I know that it adds more limits to the players that is abviously not needed.

Show content
7. Do not request an unfair advantage from a member of staff. Do not request 'group job' from an official group.

About money, you're not allowed to request money from an on duty staff member. For me, if I was a new player, the first person I would head to asking for money is staff member, staff members should help you, not by giving you money of course but by teaching you how to work and teach you how to work instead of jailing you.

Show content
9. Don't use a stupid, spammy or unacceptable name. For example the name 11111111 is
Show content
stupid
, use something that's actually a word!

Removing these words will make the server look more professional, and they're not needed because it's the same if the player didn't understand the rule, these words won't help him understand the rule.

Show content
18. If you have access to deploy a barrier, they must not be placed some where that will block players, this especially applies to tents which must only be placed in an open area. Barriers are intended to provided cover, not block players.
About this I have a little suggestion, just to improve the rule, I wanna suggest adding a line when add/remove a barrier so it gets saved in your logs, in case you deployed a barrier by mistake in the road and removed it after few seconds, you don't get a punishment for a mistake that you never did on propuse.

Overall the staff member should help you, not scare you, when someone see a staff member on the minimap they should not take a completely different road to avoid him. As a staff member if someone came to you screaming for help(with broken English, with caps or whatever), tell him to get help by pressing J, or tell one of your friends from the same country to teach him if you don't speak the language.

I still remember when Flucado warped to me, went invisble, saw how I got scammed for 200k and even refunded me from his OWN money, I still respect him to this day for that, players don't forget good things that the staff members do to them, same for Rusty, he helped me using forum PMs with IRC stuff that I don't remember specificly what it was, but I remember him being patient with me long time ago when I was a noob, and I can get you a quote like 2 weeks ago when I was saying to my friend (Wait for Rusty to get online then I'll talk with him for you, I'm sure he'll help you).
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Offline IronMan

• Honorable
  • Group: DeltaTeam
« Reply #35 on: 08 10, 2014, 10:57:50 am »
I would like to talk about Rule #9 (do not use unacceptable name)

There should be some changes

Some people who just join the server without even reading server rules and give their nick like "555555" or "Hitler" (something like these).
As I said the player is a newbie who did not read the rules, and after someone report him or staff just see him so they just jail them which is very bad for our newbies, and for thay they just start flaming and abusing in chat and staff just BAN them and they leave the server, which is ver bad for server.

Solution.

If a player (newbie) or (any) gave their name which is unacceptable so staff should warn them with respect OR change their name and tell them that its against the Rule #9 so please do not use unacceptable name because your name was unacceptable thats why I changed it. It can avoid our newbies from leaving CIT.

Thank You.
Regards

OhDude

« Reply #36 on: 08 10, 2014, 11:07:40 am »
well and I want to say something about local chat and waiting 2 seconds its boring as if I am writing fast I must write again  or I am completing sentence I don't know if that can be removed any way if somebody spammed there is /report spamming

Offline Sofiane

• لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: SoFianE aka Cop
« Reply #37 on: 08 10, 2014, 12:34:21 pm »
Rules are simply ''perfect'' .it's the staff's behaviour that needs to be changed.They simply jail/mute anyone without a single warn ,nothing at all ,all they want is more punishments lines for them (Not all the staffs ofc) .Also some of the staff members are simply ''too rude'' .Since when a staff can troll new players ,since when a staff can curse players ,since when a staff ignore u when u need help .Staff members needs to chill a bit and stop racing to punish people and they really need to change the way they  treat players ,cause some of the staff's attitude are just making people leave the server.Who would like to play in a server where the staffs troll/ignore you and in some cases even provoke you?,that's simply messed up .Seems like the new way isnt working ,so why wouldnt we go back to the old way ,where staff actually ''Warned ''people ,they even asked them why they broke that rule .That would make some changes for sure .

Offline Skippah

• Ingame: Skippah
« Reply #38 on: 08 10, 2014, 12:51:48 pm »
I´ve mentioned this several times months ago. It is not the rules that need to be changed, it is the staff team behaviour. The way the rules are being enforced. They need to analyze the situations where they punish a lot more, and a lot better. They must warn people, asking before rushing to the punish button. They have to treat the players a lot better, as people that needs help, and that do not have the experience that the staff team has with the server, instead of treating them like stupid noobs that are only trying to troll or annoy them. Sometimes the answers that to the old players and to the staff team seem obvious and stupid, for a new player, are not that easy.

Try having a more comprehensive staff, a more human staff, and a lot more players will be happy.
YES.

Like come on, all nowadays staffs are hungry for lines to get promoted or w/e. Old players and mature ones get punished for stupid reasons and trust me, if that had happened to you, you'd feel the disrespected and so damn mad and that's when you think of leaving the server and maybe get yourself banned eventually. We login daily to have a laugh and some fun not to get bullied with punishments and arrogant staffs. Surely, players who works on annoying our game-play must be punished severely and maybe banned permanently because nobody would love to annoy other players except if he's immature / retarded and we don't need both kind of players in the server. Rules are pretty well-written and following them isn't hard that's why I think it must be kept as it is but staffs should change their behavior and remember they aren't above everyone just because of their power.

DeadlySehse.

« Reply #39 on: 08 10, 2014, 01:09:26 pm »
People should try each official group job, but not unfairly for the group they can ask for the job but he cannot get access like a member in the same group
he can use skin and name color, I think its fair like this.

a lot of people getting punished for this rule, I think "misuse" of support chat should get removed the other stuff i'm ok with them.

The rule was added because the group leader themselves got annoyed of your questions, they decide about their job, not you.

I wanted to say that in my opinion the rule #3 should be modified. Not removed.

Rule:
Show content
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

This rule causes a lack of communication between the staff members and the players. I'm not saying that we should allow players to troll/annoy staff members by calling them everytime or "honking" if they found them on the middle of the road. But we could modify it so that the player that actually needs help staff member won't get punished. Maybe someone is hoking because he doesn't know what he should press to talk or he can't speak english. Another things is if someone sends an sms if it's possible for staff members to actually reply and not ignoring it (Also making the staff members have their sms open 24/7). But this doesn't mean that the players should spam or be extremly annoying. What im trying to say is that if it's possible to modify one only thing about this rule and that is the staff patience if it's the first time that one specific asks for help. But if the player gets annoying in an extreme way, then the actual rules should be applied.

It doesn't cause any lack of communication, many players want to talk to staff just to asslick them nothing more, you got support chat, Admin support chat, some people ask in mainchat, and most staff has their sms open, what communication are you talking about ? Any question can be answered in support chat, any other stuff about ban appeals etc we are not supposed to answer it, everything has it's place, you can't expect us to make a move when you sms me saying "HEY I GOT SCAMMED HELP" you will just have to open a complaint in the board.. "Making the staff members open their sms 24/7" It's not your decision to make... Although 75% already open it, including me, but still you shouldn't say what you said.

To be honest, no change necessary, however:
Agreeing with @Powder here. I mean, some of the admins seem to be under the impression that the more punishments that are being given out, the better ('Specially for the trials... More punishments = Pass trial). Check out the admin log whenever - It's actually pretty common to see a player punished twice because admins are almost "racing" to be the first to give out punishments.
Like seriously, any excuse seems to hold up these days with punishments, and a hell of a lot of punishments that I see appealed on the forum were quite harsh/unnecessary, but they were still denied. 
Legit, I see people asking for help in main chat... And then they get muted. Punishing someone for asking for help about something they didn't know... Just, bullshit.

Another thing that links to above... The attitude of some admins.
Show content
This dude asked for help in support chat, to no avail - Then this unnamed admin goes along and trolls... Might I mention this was a very highly ranked admin too... Like yeah there's a bunch of idiots that flame the server, I get that. But this guy was asking for help - He wasn't bitching for the sake of it.

It's not the rules that need to be changed... It's the mindset around the rules.

About that picture, actually there are supporters, that's their job, if you think no one is helping, why didn't you step in and help ? You know you are allowed to help, right ?..

Maybe staffs should be less strict, but believe me we are under a lot of pressure and you don't want to see us when we get torn up. If you haven't tried being a staff, then you don't know what "trolling" is..

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
« Reply #40 on: 08 10, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »
Rule 2 and 3 are similiar to each others. Would be better to merge them in 1 rule

Rule 5 needs some updates. Let players know what will happen with them if they evade ingame situation. Like "5. Do not purposefully evade ingame situations or admins by disconnecting. This will lead to get extra punishment (1 punishment for breaking actually rule and 1 more punishment for evading in game situation)"

Rule 6 also needs some updates. Like remove sentence "All admins start with [CIT]" because rule 2 already has this information. Also, add "Do not spam or flood" because you will get mute if you flood something on main chat.

Add "Selling group or squad is not allowed" to rule 11

And rule 10. If it is possible add sentence that "You can celebrate your religion holidays and wish good holidays in main chat". Like Happy Eid!
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

LadyLLama123

« Reply #41 on: 08 10, 2014, 02:34:31 pm »
9. Don't use a stupid, spammy or unacceptable name. For example the name 11111111 is stupid, use something that's actually a word!

This in itself is very broad and I see people with stupid and over exeggerated usernames on the daily. It's a given I say this ,naming yourself after a celebrity or something should be against the rules too. Then there's people who have non english names as well.

The annoying admins rule is as flexible as an elite gymnast too. Admins annoy players daily as well. We know when it's all in good fun and when it's just plain abuse.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #42 on: 08 10, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »
Uh, well. Stupid me. I voted for wrong rules *and can't change it.*  :|

• I think you should merge all rules related to staff to just one rule. #2, #3, #7.
  • Don't use a stupid, spammy or unacceptable name.. Not sure what "stupid" name is.. and "unacceptable" is imprecise, it depends on who sees it and the situation. You can't use something ambiguous as a fixed rule. i.e. The "N" word. Used commonly by African-American people to call each other but somehow count racist when caucasian (And other races) say it..  I've seen people got jailed when naming themselves containing the "N" word. Once I even seen someone got jailed by naming himself "Jesus". I mean, seriously.. We know he's not a real Jesus.
  • Remove #18. Because that's basically griefing, which is already on #8.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Wilz

• The Mexican Spinach
  • Group: PiRu$
  • Ingame: Wilz
« Reply #43 on: 08 10, 2014, 03:25:34 pm »

I don't understand how some of the staff members can get annoyed by everything players do. For example (just an example) if a player (let's say a new player) reports someone for "DM" in LV isn't it easier for them to simply delete the report and tell that player that he/she shouldn't do that because it doesn't make sense? Or it's better to jail that player to get an extra line added to their admin log?

Staff members should be frienly to every player ingame, not just their friends and not so rude. Also, wouldn't it be nicer and better to warn players at least once before punishing them? If that player is known rule-breaker then a punishment without warning should definietly be given. If they don't want to warn these older players, why not the new ones then?

I don't want to be rude, but staff members should really be friendly, not so rude, they should be members with better behaviour and they shouldn't rush with punishing players just to get an extra line. Then players would be much happier and who wouldn't play here?

Offline Refa'

• الاردن ♬
  • Group: zz
  • Ingame: Refa3ii
  • Squad: ..xvtt
« Reply #44 on: 08 10, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »
11. Selling accounts, arrests, or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted...

Alot of members want to selling accounts.