Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 23700 times)

HeatBlast

Re: Rule Changes
« Reply #60 on: 08 10, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »
First of all, I am not here to complain or argue. I think none of the rules need to be changed. What needs to be changed is how admins react to them. I've seen people with less than 20 hours speak non English in the main chat because they might not have read the rules and then an admin comes and punishes the person. Some of them don't even warn those players, they just punish them. Same does with unacceptable names. Most people don't even know what unacceptable names are as it is not specified anywhere what non acceptable names are (I know it says "use your brains" somewhere). So the only thing I got to say is that admins should try and warn the player before they punish them (Unless they do it on purpose). Thank you for reading.

Also, if you see here, you can see that he is a new guy  (Registered at 8/10/2014) and he didn't know where to post. And just after he made his first post, he was muted. Is asking why he was banned in the wrong board worth a mute? (80%)
« Last Edit: 08 10, 2014, 06:02:16 pm by Akshay »

Offline Merridew

• Regular Community Member
  • Good old days
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #61 on: 08 10, 2014, 05:59:22 pm »
If u sms a staff member for good reason he wont punish you, if you spam a staff sms, then you deserv to be punished.

Thanks for such effort and information, I didn't know that.

You only get punished for smsing a staff member when you spam/annoy the guy with irrelevant stuff, questions/problems that can be solved by reading F1 or even asking at support chat, easy as 1 2 3.. As for the standing thingy, yes it's strict, but you haven't seen when you are asking a player some questions and 500 other players come around you speaking at the same time "Hi Deadly, give me money" "Please, marry me" "Nice skin brah, come marry me" "Money please"... C'mon man, it's called logic D:

Yes, the rules says DO NOT STAND NEAR THEM. It could be 'Do not troll them' if you feel offended by those trollers, yeh and I know it annoys you.

Sick, I didn't say it's unfair but I suggested to modify it. Calm.

Former SAPD Chief Inspector, Former Police Chief.

Offline Uardo.

• xCode Founder
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #62 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »
I will be focusing mostly on "LV Rules",

Add #8 - You cannot turf from inaccessible roofs.
Add #5 - You cannot evade ingame situations by running to a base or a protected area. (Except Hospitals area)
Add #8 - Do not troll, by trolling I mean these kind of people who comes with a vehicle to a turf to provoke it and than run away to another turf, it's really annoying.
Modify #6 - "Don't post quick stats" Remove that line as it is useless, quick stats are copied sentences from a command, Example: /qs turfs, I will get the amount of my total turfs taken and I will post it in main or team chat "*My total turfs taken: 5"  to show off, but I will get muted for doing so, (Tbh I never saw someone getting muted for doing that)  but if I will do /stats and check how many turfs taken I have and write it on main or team chat like " I have 5 turfs taken"  I won't get muted, so it is the same sentence but written in a different way. So simply this line is useless.

Albanian

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #63 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:03:45 pm »
Also, if you see here, you can see that he is a new guy  (Registered at 8/10/2014) and he didn't know where to post. And just after he made his first post, he was muted. Is asking why he was banned in the wrong board worth a mute? (80%)
Looking at the warning log, looks like he PM'ed Arran multiple times

Offline Red-Bull

• New Community Member
  • Me Iz Pru Nothing Else
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: nothingToLose
  • Ingame: Řєđ-ßuℓℓ
  • Squad: иσиє
« Reply #64 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:06:12 pm »
Hello guys I Suggest to add at rule 4 that some people can't kill hits if they drove them, I mean some people hit with their friends car and these friends are driving the car and sometimes we lose alot of time by following the hit because we want the money sometimes these people who are driving kill the hit and I think its trolling.

Dave

« Reply #65 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:11:54 pm »
Well, I suggest a small addition to the following rule:

13. Speak English only in main and team chat.

It should be, in my opinion, like this:

13. Speak English only in main and team chat. Staff personal must warn at least once before taking actions

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #66 on: 08 10, 2014, 06:23:40 pm »
I´ve mentioned this several times months ago. It is not the rules that need to be changed, it is the staff team behaviour. The way the rules are being enforced. They need to analyze the situations where they punish a lot more, and a lot better. They must warn people, asking before rushing to the punish button. They have to treat the players a lot better, as people that needs help, and that do not have the experience that the staff team has with the server, instead of treating them like stupid noobs that are only trying to troll or annoy them. Sometimes the answers that to the old players and to the staff team seem obvious and stupid, for a new player, are not that easy.

Try having a more comprehensive staff, a more human staff, and a lot more players will be happy.

I know that, but it's easier to change the rules so we're doing that first.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Ajax

• BFFB
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Ajax
  • Squad: Criminal Area
« Reply #67 on: 08 10, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »
There is a lot of important rules and we should keep it for ex non english in main chat and team chat is very important cause if we will remove it it will be a crazy server and everybody will talk at the same tme and no one will understand anything for ex a player flaming other player with italian english will the staff understand it ?

Offline MajdeTheGamer

• I Am Kind Because I Am A Best Friend <3
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: Majde
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #68 on: 08 10, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »
The Rules 3 and 14 :
Show content
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.
14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat. "Misuse" can mean the following: spamming, flooding, non-english, advertising, flaming, trolling, warning players (especially saying "English please"), repeating a question more than once although it was already answered, repeating an answer that has already been stated at least around 6 seconds ago, asking a not CIT server related question and anything else that is not "asking a CIT server related question" or "answering a question".
About rule 3 some people for example go near staffs and get punished for annoying staffs and they didnt do any thing let us give an example people can go near a staff and they stop for some time for a probleme or some thing and get punished for nothing ._. so I think staffs could try to ignore people who stands near them as they are doing nothing some times and they have to punish people who do any animation that realy annoys a staff .
about rule 14 some people try to answer a question in support but answers late they get muted thats alright but some people answers late cuz of some sort of lag and they get punished and they feel so bad and they wont use support chat as it happened to me and giving example again 1 day I heard that if I help people a lot in support chat and on forums I will get to be a supporter I was happy trying to then on the first answer it was fine and in the seconds on I got muted ._. and then the mute expired and I answered again and got muted ._. and after it I got muted again ALL OF THEM CUZ I MAKE A FALT LIKE THIS I write 'gp' in the place of 'go' for example and thnx for listening to me and hearing my point of vue .

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #69 on: 08 10, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »
Do y'all really need to quote the rule if you're not suggesting a re-write

Offline Marin.

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #70 on: 08 10, 2014, 11:52:52 pm »
Rule 3 and rule 5.

So the rule 3 says do not annoy staff member.
If they are standing somewhere and wearning CIT,It's normally that players will go to them and keep asking questions so they should teleport somewhere where is no players or help locally to players that are asking a questions instead of putting them in jail.Or if they decide to play 2 - 3 hours as normally players,without staff adventages ,they can simply remove CIT tag and put tag of their group like I saw Hidde did.

Rule 5 :
Sometimes some players don't have time to speak with staffs so they need to disconnect,or some of players have internet problems.
In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. — George Orwell

LadyLLama123

« Reply #71 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:18:47 am »
I will be focusing mostly on "LV Rules",

Add #8 - You cannot turf from inaccessible roofs.
Add #5 - You cannot evade ingame situations by running to a base or a protected area. (Except Hospitals area)
Add #8 - Do not troll, by trolling I mean these kind of people who comes with a vehicle to a turf to provoke it and than run away to another turf, it's really annoying.

#8 That's stupid as it's using tactics and you can easily kill someone on a roof
#5 In game situations like what? Admins will tele to you in your base if you try and evade as well
#2nd8 What if someone is solo turfing and then 20 cracks cone out of nowhere? Then he'd be 'trolling' lol what joke

I have to say I have to agree with what people are saying. The rules themselves are fine tuneable or mergeable. The main thing is the attitude staffs have towards people. There are level 1s who punish left and right and are total hard asses purely and simply because they want L2 and beyond. Then they ass lick higher level staffs as well. Personally I find the higher level staffs more level headed and apply common sense and are reasonable on a case by case basis.

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: IVANs_Family
  • Ingame: GA~[IF]IVAN>B+
  • Squad: IVANs_Squad
« Reply #72 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:09:13 am »
4. Do not camp in a CITy zone while you're wanted in order to avoid being arrested unless your zone is fully accessible.

I think that it should be allowed to make difficult zones for cops to die in as they try to get you. This only makes it more and it's almost like creating your own criminal events if used together with other criminals.

6. (if this is the rule about the website shoutbox)
I think it's extremely annoying that I can't complain and cry in the shoutbox during server downtime. I don't have anything else to do and it's funny to read what people are saying when the server is down. But every time we get a fun conversation going there is an annoying admin who has to censor everything and delete all the posts. Its annoying and the admin is clearly bored since there is no harm in a bit of complaining and crying about server downtime. It just helps to lift the lid of frustration with server being down and its good to let off steam.

We disalowed asking for the hijack to be recovered because it respawns itself so it's just impatient people being annoying.

I once hijacked a lot and the hijack doesn't respawn fast enough. You can call it being impatient, but the hijack doesn't pay that well so pro hijackers who try to make money care a lot about time.

The only problem with allowing this is that people might drive it into water as a revenge for trolling. But most wouldn't do that because their greed outweighs their desire to troll. And they will be greedy as long as they are driving the hijack. Anyway, it might still happen that other people push the car into the water, but still. I think you should allow asking for hijack recovery, but not always grant the request if it's happening constantly. However, 20 hijack recoveries in a day should be manageable for the staff team and I think players would be very happy.
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2014, 01:21:16 am by ZtyX »

psyKapa

« Reply #73 on: 09 10, 2014, 02:38:53 am »
I think that it should be allowed to make difficult zones for cops to die in as they try to get you. This only makes it more and it's almost like creating your own criminal events if used together with other criminals.

Yh, make something that cops can barrely enter so you can spam your miniguns into us.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #74 on: 09 10, 2014, 11:17:42 am »
People gets punished for sms'ing a staff member, even though, staff members are supposed to help people. Also, standing near a staff member does worth a punishment today. This rule should be modified as it's too harsh.

What's the point of standing near a staff anyway? Please do tell me. All you do (you intended as plural) come there while we are probably doing something and start spamming "Hi Brian" then if there's no answer again "hi" then maybe spawn a vehicle and start using your horn to get more attention. At that point if you didn't get jailed yet, you start again "Hi Brian" "may I ask?" and start spamming our local chat, like if we don't have enough stuff to keep looked in chatbox. Arran added a new chat to request help to staff. There's /support and also forum support section. Why would you still have to come to us while you can ask in one of those channels?

This is not  an exaggeration, it really happens. When we ignore players to avoid punishing them, they keep going and going and going instead of just leaving. Till we open panel and jail them for being brainless annoyers. @Merridew
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2014, 11:20:59 am by Brian92 »