Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 23705 times)

Offline Merridew

• Regular Community Member
  • Good old days
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Rule Changes
« Reply #75 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »
Ye I've just understood you, there's no point in neither standing near a staff nor honking at them. However, you do still have the rule which says do not annoy staff members, it includes those annoyers thus there's multiple rules that's the point. After your explanations I wouldn't mind them though.

Former SAPD Chief Inspector, Former Police Chief.

Mr.Hokker

« Reply #76 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:18:38 pm »
Brian not everyone on this server are mature enough to understand this, the just want to have a admin as friend, u still could warp away or slap him or anything. A ban or jail is to much

Offline Skippah

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Skippah
« Reply #77 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:19:50 pm »
I think that it should be allowed to make difficult zones for cops to die in as they try to get you. This only makes it more and it's almost like creating your own criminal events if used together with other criminals.
@ZtyX
Are you being sarcastic or you're serious? That's complete madness if you ask me because yeah you're trying to victimize law units without even being able to fight back because of criminals spamming MGs towards the narrow opening. It's just farming lifetime wanted points, nobody that has a brain would make that unbalanced CnR situation. If you do this, you're abusing CITy features and you deserve to be banned / jailed for exploiting. The rule must stay in my opinion.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #78 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
Brian not everyone on this server are mature enough to understand this, the just want to have a admin as friend, u still could warp away or slap him or anything. A ban or jail is to much

What if I have to do a thing IN THAT PLACE? I have to warp away because they think that slaps are a joke? I don't think so. It's clearly written in rules and the friends excuse is lame since I explained in my other reply that 99% of times players befriend staff only to try to get advantages.

Luther.

« Reply #79 on: 09 10, 2014, 12:47:26 pm »
The most important shit, in my opinion, is the way that staff think that they are VIP (the actual meaning of the acronym V-I-P).
Staff Team is there to help, yeah they may be busy but.. come on, what the actual fuck? The only ones who I bet that may be actually busy are L5 and not all for sure, Arran, Cheeze and Brian have hard duties which kinda forces them to be working every minute that they're online. Cherry has no duty yet (I'm not saying that she doesn't do anything, don't get me wrong.. if she's L5, she made something to deserve it and she deserves L5 in my opnion but she has no duty, that's why I'm saying this) so, she is the L5 that people should sms firstly if they need help from a L5 staff... in my opinion.

What I'm saying is that staff are players as well. Even if they may be doing something, that 'something' won't last forever. I've seen people afraid of smsing a staff (not talking about L5) and starting by "Hey, sorry for disturbing you, are you busy?" Something like that.. wtf? People should not be that afraid of the staff team.
If someone is afraid of the staff team, then something is surely wrong.

That's my opinion.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »
There are 4 levels of staff before L5, why people have to SMS Cherry when there are other 30 staff members? She's more busy than me doing every kind of stuff that needs to be done, without asking for duties. @Luther

Being without duty doesn't mean she HAS TO answer and get spammed by people requesting every single little thing. Once again, there are other 30 staff members and most of things asked to L5 are either "requesting unfair advantages" or are things that can be done by lower staff levels.

Offline Ajax

• Regular Community Member
  • BFFB
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Ajax
  • Squad: Criminal Area
« Reply #81 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »
Brian that happens to me I asked a lot of staffs and seriously most of them ignored me that's why players get bored from them and they go talk to cherry or other L5 staffs

psyKapa

« Reply #82 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:48:29 pm »
Look at this, last night a player that was probably his first time in the server, asked "alguien aqui es espanol?", and even before some one could tell him anything, like use /es to talk spanish or something like that, he got instantly muted, he could have just being a new guy asking for help, that will for sure not log in again because he cant even ask for some one who talks the same language as he does.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #83 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:50:46 pm »
The most important shit, in my opinion, is the way that staff think that they are VIP (the actual meaning of the acronym V-I-P).
I think they have to be "VIP". Well, yet they are. And that's probably why players wanna be a staff in the first place. There's nobody in this world doing something for complimentary. If they do their duty properly, they deserve to be VIP in this community so that they know they earned it. But being VIP doesn't mean it has to affect their work ethic, that's what they have to understand.

I've seen people afraid of smsing a staff (not talking about L5) and starting by "Hey, sorry for disturbing you, are you busy?" Something like that.. wtf? People should not be that afraid of the staff team.
I don't see that as they're afraid. I see that more like an attempt to just be polite. Like you know that they might be busy so they start it with such small talk instead like "Hey staff, come to me. I have a problem. Solve this fast." Staff ain't slave either. Remember, they actually volunteered themselves to help. They don't get anything in return.

But I get the point. Staff shouldn't be harsh too. Staff don't have to jail or ban people that might annoy them. Just tell them that if they can't. If the player don't understand, ignore them. They will get the point.

Though players supposedly to ask through the support channel for their own problem. Only ask staff if the problem affect the gameplay/community as a whole. (Like bugs, exploits, etc)
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

LadyLLama123

« Reply #84 on: 09 10, 2014, 01:58:33 pm »
There are 4 levels of staff before L5, why people have to SMS Cherry when there are other 30 staff members? She's more busy than me doing every kind of stuff that needs to be done, without asking for duties. @Luther

Being without duty doesn't mean she HAS TO answer and get spammed by people requesting every single little thing. Once again, there are other 30 staff members and most of things asked to L5 are either "requesting unfair advantages" or are things that can be done by lower staff levels.

People don't trust L1-L3 staffs like they do more exeperienced L4 & L5 staffs. It's as simple as that. Players live in fear of contacting a L1-3 staff because they'll either be ignored and or muted and jailed as per 'the rules.' But I digress, 89% of people out there don't know when it's okay to do so and when it's not.

Offline Araa

• Honorable
  • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Group: The_Outstanders
« Reply #85 on: 09 10, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »
People don't trust L1-L3 staffs like they do more exeperienced L4 & L5 staffs. It's as simple as that. Players live in fear of contacting a L1-3 staff because they'll either be ignored and or muted and jailed as per 'the rules.' But I digress, 89% of people out there don't know when it's okay to do so and when it's not.
We don't punish for SMSing us for help, but if you be like "hi" "yo" "you there?" Don't expect a reply, as it's sometimes annoying to answer to every greeting, just go straight to the point.

As for the rules, I suggest allowing non guaranteed transfeers but under their own responsability, meaning they can't complain if they get scammed, etc.
Talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, fucking, crying, drinking. writing, winning, losing, cheating. kissing, thinking, dreaming.

This is the way, it's the way that we live

Sercan

« Reply #86 on: 09 10, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »
We need one staff to play except Turkish Turkish don't and sometimes the staff knows the nightwolf complaint very different decisions to not understand so you're back from the prototype consciousness or a good knowledge of English staff of Turkish staff do you recommend

Offline Brian

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: 09 10, 2014, 03:44:18 pm »
Brian that happens to me I asked a lot of staffs and seriously most of them ignored me that's why players get bored from them and they go talk to cherry or other L5 staffs

Yes, I know. We are currently reviewing all staff members and INCLUDE their behavior. No need to add anything else.

Look at this, last night a player that was probably his first time in the server, asked "alguien aqui es espanol?", and even before some one could tell him anything, like use /es to talk spanish or something like that, he got instantly muted, he could have just being a new guy asking for help, that will for sure not log in again because he cant even ask for some one who talks the same language as he does.

This is utterly sad. Like it's sad that the same guy got muted 4 times at the same time because current staff members are only capable to camp chats to punish. Yes, because some of them are too busy bullshitting around and playing with their "friends" that checking reports and assisting players ruin their fun. I got a report by a staff member that there's someone who keeps open panel and camp chats just to punish players. Ridicolous.

I'm going to fix this and get rid of this kind of deadweight.

Please provide me names of those who mute you for requesting help. I'll gladly take care of these powerwhores and get rid of them if this is proven to be the truth.
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2014, 04:25:32 pm by Brian92 »

LadyLLama123

« Reply #88 on: 09 10, 2014, 03:51:29 pm »
Yes, I know. We are currently reviewing all staff members and INCLUDE their behavior. No need to add anything else.

This is utterly sad. Like it's sad that the same guy got muted 4 times at the same time because current staff members are only capable to camp chats to punish. Yes, because some of them are too busy bullshitting around and playing with their "friends" that checking reports and assisting players ruin their fun. I got reported by a staff member that there's someone that keeps open panel and camp chats just to punish players. Ridicolous.

I'm going to fix this and get rid of this kind of deadweight.

Please provide me names of those who mute you for requesting help. I'll gladly take care of this powerwhores and get rid of them if this is proven to be the truth.

Good on you Brian! I'm glad you're the one who's willing to take that step and do good for the community. Keep up the good work!

Offline Hassk

• a.k.a HasskTR
  • Ingame: Hassk
« Reply #89 on: 09 10, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »
We need one staff to play except Turkish Turkish don't and sometimes the staff knows the nightwolf complaint very different decisions to not understand so you're back from the prototype consciousness or a good knowledge of English staff of Turkish staff do you recommend
I agree with this situation and also we are trying to help turkish people(Who doesnt know english well actually most of them) to translate their ban/punishment appeal to english but when we will have a turkish ban/punishment appeal board like the one we used to have it will be much easier for the ones who are appealing and for us(who are translating) . (Because sometimes before we translate staffs reply they are locking topic .) And I would like you to say that Most of the players liked the updates especially the new ones .

« Last Edit: 09 10, 2014, 05:22:21 pm by HasskTR »
We learned about honesty and integrity - that the truth matters... that you don't take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules... and
success doesn't count unless you earn it fair and square.

Michelle Obama