Author Topic: Business Rentals  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Business Rentals
« on: 21 11, 2014, 12:49:28 am »
Copy the housing system.
Ability to store money in the building storage.
Buy businesses for an initial, fixed $100,000.
Every hour some money is taken from the building for rent + upkeep.
If the money reaches $0 then you lose the business.
Any profit the business makes goes into the building storage.

We can make it so if you own a petrol station, you must keep oil in the storage so when people buy fuel the oil goes down and the money goes up in storage. If no oil then then no transaction will take place. There is one issue though, the fuel station at idle wood gets used 50x more than one in the country. Admins would need to keep an eye on the business income and adjust the rent and upkeep accordingly.
« Last Edit: 24 11, 2014, 05:26:13 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Ryan.

• Honorable
  • Skillers™
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Business Rentals
« Reply #1 on: 21 11, 2014, 08:08:11 am »
Ability to buy vehicle shops? But it will be a mess somehow.

Well, car rentals. Making it so people can buy cars on paying rents, they will buy a car and, say, pay 10k per hour on stafford or what so ever. Making cars even more expensive, keeping in mind that 50th richest player is ~200 million. Which means, according to my rough analysis, the richest player graph has increased by ~200% in last 1 and half year(s). Make more things on rental, houses?

But I highly doubt that above idea will work out.

About business, like in vice city, we can buy a site and get money from there. If Brian can make door holes in other buildings one by one, around SA map (not all, LMAO) we can map some offices there so that office owners will get money accordingly. To make more fun, we can add extremely random Armed Robberies in these offices so the owners will actually face loss as well as profits from offices?

Maybe add tax system? If a player have shitload of money like 2 billion, he shouldn't just keep on making his so called 'real estate business' keep him on top. I mean, most expensive vehicle is 40M, most expensive mansion was sold recently for like 500M, most expensive CITy zone is like 50M. And that all doesn't really affects the billionaires. Maybe it sounds dumb but what not control the money system? I know they donate and deserve to get something...

^Just an opinion^

I am not "Ex." anything, I have proudly served this community as: SK Founder,
 Developer, L3 staff, L2 staff, Supporter, Minister of Fairness, PAM, CB, PC, SO, Senior Community Member and of course, a rule abiding player. Peace.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #2 on: 21 11, 2014, 07:34:09 pm »
Why go far back on Vice City, San Andreas also got assets acquisition thingy. I can think of Zero RC, Wang Cars, Burger Shot, Verdant Meadows, SF Garage, etc. Some of them also got missions & side-missions to access the ability to acquire the asset but I can't remember exactly.

It'll fun to implement on CIT that we can acquire those assets and getting perks from them. Examples:
  • $3M for Zero RC. Perks: Daily profit and ability to spawn RC vehicles for free. (Like group car spawner. So not registered on F2)
  • $5M & Must have at least $20k profit from mechanic job for Wang Cars. Perks: Daily profit and ability to spawn cheap vehicles for free.
  • $30M & Must have at least $100k profit from mechanic job for Expensive car shop. Perks: Daily profit and ability to spawn expensive vehicles for free.
  • $1M for Burger Shot & other fast foods company. Perks: Daily profit and free foods for life.
  • $10M & must past flying school/must be at least L5 Pilots for Verdant Meadows. Perks: Ability to spawn Hunter, Sea Sparrow, etc. (With specific firing restrictions) and ability to rent/buy jetpack.
  • $10M & must past driving school for that driving school in SF (dunno the name). Perks: 30% less vehicle damage.
  • $2M & must win +30 races for SF Garage. Perks: Daily profit and permanent discount for repairing vehicles.
  • $5M & must win +50 races for Transfender. Perks: Daily profit and permanent discounts for purchasing Transfender parts, tuning vehicles, and vehicle repair marker.
  • $5M & must be at least L5 Iron Miner for Hunter Quary. Perks: Daily profit, ability to spawn Sanchez and other mining vehicles and %5 more irons & explosive when working as a miner.
And list goes on..

These prices are just super rough estimations though. Just a wild thought. Also that "daily profit" thingy can only be generated with side-mission. I can think about it later.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 26 11, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
I am currently working on a basic business system, I just copied housing system but cleared out a load of junk. I will then modify the fuel script so that I can connect a fuel station with my business.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #4 on: 26 11, 2014, 06:52:39 pm »
If I got this correct, once you own a petrol station once, you can only lose it when you run out of money (which is unlikely to happen for a really commonly used one) or by running out of oil which can be prevented by just not being incredibly inactive and re-stocking daily.

And then once you have a really commonly used station, you would have a save money income source for your business, so people would not sell them again when they have them once.
And that (I believe) could be a problem, then again a solution such as adding alot more petrol stations would make no sense, because it would just add more supply for the same demand and only decrease profits for the individual stations.

A challenge would be to find a good amount of other things that people can use for their business, such as Pay N Spray which could allow a new resource to be added (to make it work like the oil for petrol stations), and other things like (and this may be rather time consuming so it would be all up to and Arran how much time he wants to spend on this) business (and therefore player-)owned stores for ammo, rather than F7 for this part.
In other words, there would need to be enough distrubution of this feature ingame, for as many players as possible to make use of it.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 26 11, 2014, 07:41:52 pm »
We can counteract that by implementing storage maximums, like how you had to go round collecting cash from your assets in vice city though I think it'd be better if anything over a certain amount can be stolen by other players instead. So if someone went inactive with an epic business, it'd just get robbed constantly :)

Ok so the "business rentals" system has been completed. Any new buildings that should become buildings can be in their own topics.
« Last Edit: 28 11, 2014, 03:38:17 pm by Arran »