Author Topic: Fighting limited ping change to fit other people  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Fighting limited ping change to fit other people
« on: 23 11, 2014, 09:37:39 am »
Okay fighting limited ping is such a down for people who live far away from the host because during the morning in my timezone (gmt 10+) the fighting limited ping is usually 600 which is insanely high while during the afternoon it is 350+ and my ping doesn't go under 380. I'm suggesting to just make it the permanent 400+which is was previously months back or atleast raise it by 100 because anyone who would have a ping higher then 450+ would most definitely have something interfering with it.

This gives a chance for Australians or anyone who is located on the other side of the world to atleast have a chance to play in the afternoon/night times of their timezone when the server is at it's peak.
« Last Edit: 23 11, 2014, 09:41:08 am by Zach »
I miss nr7

Offline XZiBiT

• Haters Gonna Hate
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: exodus
  • Ingame: xzibit
Re: Fighting limited ping change to fit other people
« Reply #1 on: 23 11, 2014, 12:16:42 pm »
Okay fighting limited ping is such a down for people who live far away from the host because during the morning in my timezone (gmt 10+) the fighting limited ping is usually 600 which is insanely high while during the afternoon it is 350+ and my ping doesn't go under 380. I'm suggesting to just make it the permanent 400+which is was previously months back or atleast raise it by 100 because anyone who would have a ping higher then 450+ would most definitely have something interfering with it.

This gives a chance for Australians or anyone who is located on the other side of the world to atleast have a chance to play in the afternoon/night times of their timezone when the server is at it's peak.
I strongly agree with this, as I am Australian player, I get this problem when its server peak time. My fighting limited ping is "350" and it just stays their. I fixed this problem, but it still comes around no matter what you do.
SMSs [23:33:03] [CIT]Inferno > Me: If you don't want to play fairly, find another game.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #2 on: 23 11, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
Because the ping limit multiplier is "average ping * 2.2" if I'm not mistaken. In the peak time, there are much Euro players with awesome pings so that it makes smaller limit. I usually got the permanent ping limit after 4 PM to 8 AM on my timezone. I usually just playing civilian when it happens.

Here's a thing. No matter where your location, ping is ping. When it's high, then it's lag. It affects other players gameplay in combat. Not that "high ping" is an advantage, it's the other way around: Hing ping sucks, for you and other players too. You may notice a slight delay when damaging your enemy, they would see the same on their screen when damaging you. Also your movement. It's often seen incorrect to the others again because of the delay. Shit happens because of that.

Fighting limited is not the end of the world though, just a lot harder gameplay. lot lot harder. (โ—”โ—กโ—”) Personally I'd love to see higher ping limit, but you have to convince the developer for that. Which is likely harder than playing with fighting limited. Provide proves, why it will be a good improvement and things.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Ron.

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 23 11, 2014, 05:27:47 pm »
I totally agree with you! I'm from Argentina and I'm far away from the host that it means that I get a 270 ping only when the server peak is on 300 players... And when there are 800 players online it's a mess to play! I have to stay and do nothing or log out.

And for those ignorants that will say "Change your internet lol", I've changed it already and it still the same. The reason it's not the internet, it's the distance between the host and you're country.

Upvoting

Offline Will

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Soldiers
  • Ingame: ~|S|~Will
« Reply #4 on: 23 11, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
The problem I keep having is that once my ping goes over the limit, it's not until a good 10-15 minutes after my ping has settled down before I can fight again - Which is really annoying.

Living in the middle of the Caribbean, where a stable internet connection is rarer than gold dust (We pay $120/month for a 1 mb/s connection - and typically we only get .5 mb/s), my ping fluctuates from 220-800. Generally, it's only above 500 for maybe 10 seconds (The bad bouts of having +1k ping for ~5 minutes still happen every now n' again though), but even after it's stable, I'm stuck with fighting disabled for another 15 minutes.

This is another reason why a lot of people left - Because they could never actually take part in combat. (You're fucked no matter what skill level you are when you can't move and shoot)

+1

Denmark

« Reply #5 on: 24 11, 2014, 06:54:42 am »
No thanks, +350 ping is too much imo... And  u want to make it 400? Do you have any idea how annoying it is to fight against people who got a ping above 250-300? They are teleporting around and almost impossible to kill, and if the player "abuse" this Sliding "bug" it would make it even worse.  :o

Offline Zach

« Reply #6 on: 24 11, 2014, 01:36:25 pm »
No thanks, +350 ping is too much imo... And  u want to make it 400? Do you have any idea how annoying it is to fight against people who got a ping above 250-300? They are teleporting around and almost impossible to kill, and if the player "abuse" this Sliding "bug" it would make it even worse.  :o

No you are wrong lol, 250-300 ping? Nah it's only like that if there internet is bad and it has a split second drop-out. It's common to people who live in north-america there ping drops out for a split second that's what makes them lag. Sure I have 380 ping but I'm not lagging at all no sliding, no teleporting perfectly fine because my internet is stable. It can affect anyone even with people that have >50

And you clearly don't know how the ping limited fighting works, because some times it's average is 600+ so people with 500+ ping can fight? So I'm not sure what exactly you are fighting for  z_z
I miss nr7

sandisk

« Reply #7 on: 27 11, 2014, 10:52:39 pm »
I totally disagree.... we got enough laggers as it is and no we dont need 400+ pingers running around and creating more mess. I play with 30-45 ping and like denmark said do you even know what we have to endure here ? Hell, reduce the limit down to 200 ping as max and that is still way too high. Just be happy that you can play at all ;/

Offline Zach

« Reply #8 on: 28 11, 2014, 02:51:56 am »
I totally disagree.... we got enough laggers as it is and no we dont need 400+ pingers running around and creating more mess. I play with 30-45 ping and like denmark said do you even know what we have to endure here ? Hell, reduce the limit down to 200 ping as max and that is still way too high. Just be happy that you can play at all ;/

Lmfao, I can still see you haven't read my suggestion.

During the day times people with 600+ ping can play which I do think is extremely high then it goes down to 350 + ping. I'm suggesting to get rid of it and make it 400+ permanently. Majority of the people that have de-sync aren't the ones with 300+ ping
« Last Edit: 28 11, 2014, 04:12:47 am by Zach »
I miss nr7

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 29 11, 2014, 08:34:27 pm »
I'll raise the minimum to 400 and lower the divider average to 1.5 so in other words it'll be 400 constantly.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.