Author Topic: Adding House Robbery support in SF & the desert  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Ron.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Adding House Robbery support in SF & the desert
« on: 31 12, 2014, 08:58:35 pm »
Greetings!

So lately I realised that the "Rob House" feature is still working on SF despite you'll have to get all the way to LS so you can get to a delivery point. Well I simply thought of disabling that from SF as most of the criminals hang around LS & LV and it's really pointless to have it on SF. Plus I don't think it's quite used because as I said before you'd have to go to LS to get paid...

Regards

Same for Desert. Long time ago, when I had 3 hours in the server or something, I rememebr robbing a house (which I had no idea wat that was), and having to go from the Desert, all the way to LS on foot.

EDIT: Added the YorkLT's idea of disabling the feature on the desert as well.
« Last Edit: 21 01, 2015, 09:10:12 pm by Arran »

Bear

Re: Disabling the House Robbery system in SF
« Reply #1 on: 01 01, 2015, 12:10:01 am »
Instead of suggesting it to be disabled, why not suggesting to make it can get paid in SF, too?

Offline Ramy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: USNS
« Reply #2 on: 01 01, 2015, 01:20:43 am »
Instead of suggesting it to be disabled, why not suggesting to make it can get paid in SF, too?
It's a city for civilian works, not meant to be for criminals and robbers.

Offline Ron.

« Reply #3 on: 01 01, 2015, 08:48:55 pm »

SF is a calm city in which you only see a few criminals.. But there are a mayority of civilians working. I think it's the best option to "erase" the criminal activity from SF.

Offline YorkLT

• Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 01 01, 2015, 11:59:34 pm »
Same for Desert. Long time ago, when I had 3 hours in the server or something, I rememebr robbing a house (which I had no idea wat that was), and having to go from the Desert, all the way to LS on foot.

Upvoting

Offline NinjaTuna

• The Posh One
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: NinjaTuna
  • Squad: Project X
« Reply #5 on: 02 01, 2015, 04:27:36 am »
I also think that in the LS and LV areas, that there should be more areas to cash the objects you steal, since sometimes you end up running across the entire city to cash in what you have taken.
I miss you all <3 One day we'll meet again. CIT will always remain a piece of my heart

Offline Ron.

« Reply #6 on: 02 01, 2015, 05:54:12 am »

Actually that would be useful as it applys the same way as it does in SF. I'll add it to the suggestion.

I also think that in the LS and LV areas, that there should be more areas to cash the objects you steal, since sometimes you end up running across the entire city to cash in what you have taken.

I think that it's more related to the use of the House Robbery System, not the disabling of the feature on the areas that criminals won't reach.

Offline eyad.m_

• Donator L1
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Music
  • Squad: N/A
Re: Disabling the House Robbery system in SF & the desert
« Reply #7 on: 02 01, 2015, 09:53:57 am »
There's no criminals at the desert those days and 10% criminals on SF for CITy zone and stuffs which I don't know, but nobody use the house robbing there. I am upvoting for this.

Offline kingozzy20

• Bikers forever!! Forever Bikers
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: kingozzy20
« Reply #8 on: 02 01, 2015, 01:53:23 pm »
It's a city for civilian works, not meant to be for criminals and robbers.

would be cool if u could rob house and stores all over SA it would devellop some zones, like the desert (fort carson and other small villages)

Offline YorkLT

• Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life!
« Reply #9 on: 02 01, 2015, 03:04:36 pm »
Yea Brian, but I don't think players will come all the way to the Desert, when they have hundreds of houses in LS that they can rob.

But because the Desert is 'desert' (almost nobody goes there, besides illegal truckers and Army), it would be better for players with wooden pc's (?). So... I think it's up to scripters to decide now.

Offline kingozzy20

• Bikers forever!! Forever Bikers
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: kingozzy20
« Reply #10 on: 02 01, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »
Yea Brian, but I don't think players will come all the way to the Desert, when they have hundreds of houses in LS that they can rob.

But because the Desert is 'desert' (almost nobody goes there, besides illegal truckers and Army), it would be better for players with wooden pc's (?). So... I think it's up to scripters to decide now.

actually I would, it may even devellop those areas which r pretty cool  8)

Offline Ron.

« Reply #11 on: 02 01, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »
actually I would, it may even devellop those areas which r pretty cool  8)

I don't think all the criminals will prefer going to the desert instead of LS. Most of the new players think that being a criminal is the easiest way to get money and they'll stick to LS when it comes to rob a house. As YorkLT said, only truckers, rebels & the army are on the desert (and sometimes criminals who are turfing near the oil turfs). Though, the point of this suggestion is not the criminal activity, is the lack of using of the feature in those areas and how it should be disable if not even a part of the community use it.

I think disabling those areas will require more work than just simply adding few new drop off points.

I know it may take a long time but what's the entire point of having a feature if no one is using it? It's like wasting "space".

would be cool if u could rob house and stores all over SA it would devellop some zones, like the desert (fort carson and other small villages)

As I see thing, criminals stick to LS due to the CE, the Armed Robberies, the riots and robing houses because they have a delivery point near... I don't think criminal will suddenly gain intrest on a city in which you actually don't have an estable feature for their activities.
« Last Edit: 02 01, 2015, 10:13:08 pm by Ron' »

Offline Ron.

« Reply #12 on: 02 01, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »
Nobody is using it because nobody would go all the way from SF to LS.

Exactly and if nobody makes that journey, nobody is using the feature... And maybe someone said "let's add delivery points in SF", well that would have no sense because you would be making SF a criminal city when SF is and has always been the civilian city.
« Last Edit: 02 01, 2015, 10:58:13 pm by Ron' »

Offline Prime

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Prime
« Reply #13 on: 09 01, 2015, 02:55:33 pm »
Exactly and if nobody makes that journey, nobody is using the feature... And maybe someone said "let's add delivery points in SF", well that would have no sense because you would be making SF a criminal city when SF is and has always been the civilian city.
LS is a CnR city but we still have civilian jobs there. It isnt that if this gets added criminals would be disturbing any civilian activites or somthing. If it is easier to add few drop off points than removing add those house, then why not?

Offline Ron.

« Reply #14 on: 09 01, 2015, 03:52:45 pm »
LS is a CnR city but we still have civilian jobs there. It isnt that if this gets added criminals would be disturbing any civilian activites or somthing. If it is easier to add few drop off points than removing add those house, then why not?

You rarely see criminals on SF and even though if delivery points were added (which is not the point of the suggestion) it wouldn't change... Maybe you'll see some criminals more than usual. Still it would be better if a feature which is not usually used by the community gets disabled.