Author Topic: Being able to change your color at the J interface.  (Read 2263 times)

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Being able to change your color at the J interface.
« on: 15 01, 2015, 11:14:10 pm »
Well, as you may know, anytime you look for the things you write at any chat contained at the J interface, they're shown as light yellow lines. This color may be good for some people, yes, but the difference between it and the white ones is not as big as you may need.

Suggestion: To be able to change your J lines color at /settings

- Ye it's obvious it would be client side only

With this, people would be free to select their custom RGB in order to recognize better their lines when they're surfing in the J interface.
« Last Edit: 23 01, 2015, 04:53:09 pm by Arran »

Offline Henry

• Not Available for Help!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Scary Killers
  • Ingame: Henry
  • Squad: The_VIPs
Re: Being able to change your color at the J interface.
« Reply #1 on: 16 01, 2015, 04:58:19 am »
I actually support you, but while turfing etc, when they press 'J' key, It'll highlight and show easily with the yellow color as well which is the current one.

Offline KmilO

« Reply #2 on: 16 01, 2015, 07:59:40 am »
I actually support you, but while turfing etc, when they press 'J' key, It'll highlight and show easily with the yellow color as well which is the current one.

Sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying. Turfing? What?

Mr.Hokker

« Reply #3 on: 16 01, 2015, 08:13:52 am »
Sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying. Turfing? What?
he's talking about the groupchat in J. If u check it your name will be "highlighted" as well just like in support. If I understand him right he is supporting you because you will find your name faster and much easier.

I'm supporting you as well, this yellow is kinda like the white, also we can change fmsg, why not this as well ?

Offline Sinou

• The golden flowers.
« Reply #4 on: 16 01, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »
You can change fmsg color from /settings Hokker.
I am not supporting this idea because in the support chat for example there are 2 colors already (green for sups/red for staffs), you'll simply be confused, I think that this suggestion is useless because the current color isn't similar to the white lines.

Offline KmilO

« Reply #5 on: 16 01, 2015, 03:10:18 pm »
You can change fmsg color from /settings Hokker.
I am not supporting this idea because in the support chat for example there are 2 colors already (green for sups/red for staffs), you'll simply be confused, I think that this suggestion is useless because the current color isn't similar to the white lines.

Client side, client side, client side. I though it was clear enough.

You will only see your color at the RGB you want. If you make it red/green, that's your problem actually. If you don't want to change it, then you just don't, simple.

Offline MHP

• Honorable
  • SAPD
« Reply #6 on: 16 01, 2015, 03:44:20 pm »
I guess this weak yellow color can be hard to distinguish from white lines (at least for some people). But I am not sure why we should be able to change the color to anything we want in /settings. A few months ago Arran said he didn't like adding more options (don't know if that is still the case). So instead of adding a color setting for your own color, I guess the color should just be changed to something clearer (like more clear yellow or even some orange variant). Having staffs show with red and supporters with green hasn't proven to be troublesome, so I think everything would be fine if people's own colors change to something clearer, but without allowing a player to choose exactly the color.

Offline KmilO

« Reply #7 on: 16 01, 2015, 03:51:41 pm »
I guess this weak yellow color can be hard to distinguish from white lines (at least for some people). But I am not sure why we should be able to change the color to anything we want in /settings. A few months ago Arran said he didn't like adding more options (don't know if that is still the case). So instead of adding a color setting for your own color, I guess the color should just be changed to something clearer (like more clear yellow or even some orange variant). Having staffs show with red and supporters with green hasn't proven to be troublesome, so I think everything would be fine if people's own colors change to something clearer, but without allowing a player to choose exactly the color.

That would be a problem. I'm aware of the fact that some people is not really able to recognize some light colors, but changing it to another one would not end being the solution. Imposing a color is like telling them to get used yes or yes, and that's not really convenient.

By making it custom, the people would be able to select the color that fits the most for them. They would be able to select the color they want s they could not complain later about not seeing their own lines.

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
  • Group: B K R S
« Reply #8 on: 16 01, 2015, 09:43:20 pm »
I don't get the point of being able to change the colour of the text.. Well for some people it might be difficult to see, but then again, why would you constantly want to review your own sentences anyway? I'd suggest simply changing the colour to a little bit more distinguishable, no need to tweak the colour by yourself.

Offline Aimcac

• Donator L1
  • Gone.
  • Ingame: Aimcac
« Reply #9 on: 16 01, 2015, 10:08:02 pm »
How 'bout instead of making this whole major tweak, just changing the "highlight" color to Blue? or something similarly lighter.
Retired BTP Chief (2014-2017)
Retired Tactical Squad Commander(2013-2017)

Offline KmilO

« Reply #10 on: 20 01, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »
How 'bout instead of making this whole major tweak, just changing the "highlight" color to Blue? or something similarly lighter.

As I said, it's better to have a custom color like we do in some chats, instead of "force" them to use one.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #11 on: 23 01, 2015, 04:53:20 pm »
Added "My J Color"
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.