Author Topic: Set a limit for Tear Gases  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
Set a limit for Tear Gases
« on: 20 01, 2015, 09:29:18 am »
As far as I know all of L2+ law groups (or only Army I am not sure) can use Tear Gases and we can use them at everywhere. In LS, in SF too. But to be honest, it can be annoying for criminals. Usually I am Tear Gas user and I see how it would be bad for criminals if you spam 1 point with 10-15 tear Gas grenades.
First of all, they get really high FPS (lag) which results in kick from server. So, they will disconnect and we will receive their money for arresting them. It is kind of abusing in my opinion.
Second, 1 tear gas lowers your HP. Imagine how will be your HP drop if we spam 1 point with many tear gases. I am an Army member and even I feel bad for them. It is unfair in my opinion. You just stand away from them and spam with Tear Gas grenades. They will lose HP and will die with 1 shoot. It would be annoying of course

So, let's be fair and put a limit for Tear Gas grenades. For example, you can throw 1 grenade every 3 or 5 seconds.
I say don't disable them because it is also a part of fun. High level law groups can be awarded with some extra special things

PS: I would like to recommend disable Tear Gas at MDM too but that is another suggestion. I can't make 2 suggestions in 1 topic. I will wait for staff's answer here. If possible I will open a new topic for that it is not problem

Regards, your fair soldier Prototype
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

Offline Droidy

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: Droidy[SAPD]
Re: Set a limit for Tear Gases
« Reply #1 on: 20 01, 2015, 09:51:50 am »
To be honest, throwing more tear gasses at the same point wont cause you lag since the smoke effect for it was disabled (it was a mess even with  1 grenade.) IMO The tear gas isn't much of a good "attacking" weapon as it's hard to kill someone, and a criminal can simply move from that point. Take in for example, armed robberies. You throw em in and a criminal can freely move to another point where it's not affecting him.

Offline Prototype

• Honorable
« Reply #2 on: 20 01, 2015, 10:21:30 am »
To be honest, throwing more tear gasses at the same point wont cause you lag since the smoke effect for it was disabled (it was a mess even with  1 grenade.) IMO The tear gas isn't much of a good "attacking" weapon as it's hard to kill someone, and a criminal can simply move from that point. Take in for example, armed robberies. You throw em in and a criminal can freely move to another point where it's not affecting him.

You are wrong. I saw how many criminals just got killed by tear gases. Also there were people who got DCed because of this. I just threw 9 grenades there and people complained "wtf laggggg".
Also, you are wrong here too: "The tear gas isn't much of a good "attacking" weapon". Just buy 50 grenades and patrol around, use them 10 by 10 and see how does it work

Offline Ron.

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 01, 2015, 11:57:23 am »
First of all, they get really high FPS (lag) which results in kick from server.

Not that you're stating something false but isn't it low FPS?

So, let's be fair and put a limit for Tear Gas grenades. For example, you can throw 1 grenade every 3 or 5 seconds.
I say don't disable them because it is also a part of fun. High level law groups can be awarded with some extra special things

I think it's a cool idea but the last time a timer was added to these projectile, people starting to complain saying that no one voted for them.. I'm not saying that it will be the same as the Grenades/Satchels in LV but you should make sure that the cops actually agree with you.

PS: I would like to recommend disable Tear Gas at MDM too but that is another suggestion. I can't make 2 suggestions in 1 topic. I will wait for staff's answer here. If possible I will open a new topic for that it is not problem

To be honest I don't think this would actually work. People always talk about balance and taking away a feature from the cops will result Police Officer demanding to remove a feature from the criminals. The solution would be to add the timer that you suggested above or that criminals start using the skin that won't take any damage with the gas.

Offline Haftbefehl

• Donator L3
  • Honor to whom honor is due!
  • Group: nR7Gaming
  • Ingame: Haftbefehl
« Reply #4 on: 20 01, 2015, 12:43:09 pm »
I don't see any problem with people throwing Tear Gases, they just should be disabled in interior, since the gas is going through walls. There's no need for a limit just disable it in interiors.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #5 on: 20 01, 2015, 02:45:02 pm »
You can disable the smoke on MTA video settings to avoid FPS lags. And in my experience, more teargas doesn't make difference in damage; just more smokes + area of damage. Also criminal can use hazmat suit if they won't get damaged by teargas; that's what the skin is there for.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Prototype

• Honorable
« Reply #6 on: 20 01, 2015, 03:30:28 pm »
If any L2 member will get punished, then all of you who downvoted and voted negatively should be punished too. Because they will see that it is ok and if they misuse it - then probably it will not be his fault. Am I wrong?

Offline PeterJean

• Donator L1
  • Life is too short, remove USB safely....
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: PeterJean
« Reply #7 on: 20 01, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »
well, instead of adding a limit of teargas why don't we give criminals access to teargas when inside MDM? Because even if cops have a teargas limit, Cops still a perk that the they don't have, But in this case Hazmat suits should be disabled to make it fair..
wot.

Offline Shadow_

• USNS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
  • It Pays to be a Winner.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: US_Navy_SEALs
  • Ingame: Shadow#USNS
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #8 on: 21 01, 2015, 05:29:09 am »
well, instead of adding a limit of teargas why don't we give criminals access to teargas when inside MDM? Because even if cops have a teargas limit, Cops still a perk that the they don't have, But in this case Hazmat suits should be disabled to make it fair..
First of all, only Army have tear gas, and IMO giving tear gas to criminals not making any sense
I think giving it a limit also won't help more then 1 soldier could spam till the limit then another will do the same and the problem won't be solved
the only option is to give it a damage limit, like 30- hp or 40- hp, or decreasing the time for the gas to stop.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver"

Mr.Hokker

« Reply #9 on: 21 01, 2015, 05:43:48 am »
Criminals can buy tear gas as well irl..

I like the suggestion, also this tear gas is very abuseable inside buildings. For example we was killing cops inside courthouse, and some cops rushed and some threw teargas, you don't have any chance if 1floor is full with this gas. That's why I am supporting u

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
  • Group: B K R S
« Reply #10 on: 21 01, 2015, 12:13:37 pm »
I like the suggestion as well as your honesty and sympathy towards criminals. Setting a time limit between throwing tear gas is reasonable, but maybe it's even better to add carry limit, so cops who are used to spam it all over would have to refill their stock at any Ammunation. About 5 to 10 of them at a time for instance. That allows the cop to throw another one when they missed the target with the first throw, but at the same time, would stop spamming it since he just doesn't have that many. Upvote without any doubt.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #11 on: 21 01, 2015, 12:44:50 pm »
Ofc as expected, some crims(probably) randomly upvote anything that is used against them without thinking about the extreme problem in this suggestion.

As already stated above me , there is no FPS decrease and the sense of adding teargas was implemented to act against groups of criminals that camp in a closed area and wait for cops to run into their MG fire without any chance.
The sense of the teargas is meant to enforce enemies to be moving and actually prevent this extremely annoying coward camping where loads of cops frequently keep dying in this boring MG rain, which has nothing to do with CnR or fun.

1 Teargas grenade is that uneffective, it cant even be noticed, and even 10 teargas grenades are useless when those overpowered medkits heal up the lost health instantly
All it does is making specific areas less attractive to camp in because the lost health per second is higher than in other spots in a firefight, which gives them a small disadvantage and compensates that way their higher advantage of having a extremely covered camping spot, by enforcing them to leave the camping spot without further harm in any way.
I havent experienced any general problem with the teargas so far(except for the CITy problem), I dont disclaim that there might be some fucktards who spam 50 grenades into one spot but I haven´t personally seen people doing that.
In case people do that, a potential teargas spam restriction should then be adjusted to that idiotic amount of teargases. Like, the restriction starts a time limit once 10 teargas grenades have been thrown in order to prevent obviously stupid spamming.

But throwing just 3 or 4 nades into one spot? no, thats not a disadvantage in any way. The teargas is barely useful already the way it is, a 3-5second restriction is totally unnecessary.
As I said, if people complain about the abusers who think they have to spam 20 or 30 of them, enforce a time limit once 10 or 15 have been thrown recently to avoid spam.
But that spam restriction is something else than a general 3-5 second restriction.

Because it would be brainless to prevent people who spam 30 teargas grenades with an instant limitation that already counts for normal usage of teargas, long before actual spam amounts are even reached.
« Last Edit: 21 01, 2015, 12:54:02 pm by Dimit »

Offline Stryder.

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Stryder
« Reply #12 on: 21 01, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »
First of all, only Army have tear gas, and IMO giving tear gas to criminals not making any sense
I think giving it a limit also won't help more then 1 soldier could spam till the limit then another will do the same and the problem won't be solved
the only option is to give it a damage limit, like 30- hp or 40- hp, or decreasing the time for the gas to stop.

Just to mention, every official law group L2+ can throw tear gas, not only army.

I'm one of those cops who uses this on interiors and it isn't as effective as you think, criminals just shoot the tear gas and it gets destroyed, but it works when fighting a large group of criminals because it will make them fall back.

The ''problem'' here is that some cops spam tear gas (like 10-15) to kill criminals and they consider it as abuse, I will be honest, I have never seen this and I'm pretty sure those above me who call this ''abuse'' haven't seen it neither. Try to throw tear gas in a 1 vs 1, won't be able to throw 3 before being killed.

As stated many times above, it doesn't cause lag and if I'm correct, the smoke is disabled.

And why should it be disabled on interiors and AR's? The example they metioned is the Court House, if 1 floor is full of tear gas you can go to the top one or change the room, not everybody uses tear gas so it's very hard to find all the building full of it, if so you can leave the court house

Just to finish:
The sense of the teargas is meant to enforce enemies to be moving and actually prevent this extremely annoying coward camping where loads of cops frequently keep dying in this boring MG rain, which has nothing to do with CnR or fun.

Peruvian player
"Quien no conoce su historia está condenado a repetirla"

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
  • Group: B K R S
« Reply #13 on: 21 01, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »
Just to mention, every official law group L2+ can throw tear gas, not only army.

I think he meant that tear gas is only for the armed forces in real life.. though that is not true at all. Several governments around the world let civilians buy tear gas without any restrictions, so why wouldn't criminals be able to use it?

Yes, I actually find it reasonable to throw one or two gas grenades from the open area, but I have seen cops abusing the smoke and throwing it next to CITy walls so the smoke goes through the walls and drains health.. So as I previously suggested above, adding a smaller carry limit would make it better rather than time limit. Otherwise the cop just sits there behind the wall and drops his tear gas grenades every 5 seconds..

Killerback

« Reply #14 on: 22 01, 2015, 10:32:06 am »
1.The official law groups L2+ do this: Drop a Tear Gas near the wall, later he go near the wall for get the Death Arrest. What about they take damage from own grenade of Tear Gas?

2.I think this is subnormal and should be removed from the MDM such as smoke goes through the walls?

Here I made a video detailing point numer 1.