Author Topic: Changing the option to choose drive type in /race  (Read 904 times)

Offline Number69

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Number69
  • Squad: DriftWorks
Changing the option to choose drive type in /race
« on: 20 11, 2021, 12:39:35 am »
Right now you can choose what drive type you want for /race in /settings, except you really cant cause AWD is the fastest in every situation and your putting yourself at a massive disadvantage by using anything other than AWD. Its just less fun when every car is AWD imo
And when the race creators made the tracks we have right now im pretty sure they intended for them to be raced on using stock cars.

SO I'm suggesting to remove the option in /settings and instead give the race creators the option to choose what drivetrain they want for their tracks. Stock, RWD, AWD, or FWD. This should instead give them more creative freedom to make more fun and challenging races.
(LOC) [2][PRiu$]Number69#NFS: Nigga
You have been admin killed [CIT]Pilovali#KLM'Ns
(LOC) [2][CIT]Pilovali#KLM'Ns: Dont call me nigga

Offline Laurel

• Regular Community Member
  • Ingame: Laurel
Re: Changing the option to choose drive type in /race
« Reply #1 on: 20 11, 2021, 01:15:43 am »
  I think players will should play as fairly in the race (in my opinion), but I don't know Community Members will support this or not, i'll give my final vote later but now Neutral.

Offline Expire

• Senior Community Member
  • لا اله الا انت سبحانك اني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Expire
« Reply #2 on: 20 11, 2021, 02:18:45 am »
that's the first time I'm hearing of this and it's just funny  :'(

It's true, most if not all the recent races were tested in RWD before they were published and some of them feel odd as fuck.
Here is an example: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=380211.0 That map is a complete waste of effort with how things are right now. Number is 100% correct, it should be up to the mappers to decide.
We strive hard for a better future - The Institute
كلمتان خفيفتان على اللسان، ثقيلتان في الميزان، حبيبتان إلى الرحمن: سبحان الله وبحمده، سبحان الله العظيم

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 20 11, 2021, 04:50:25 pm »
Players should be able to decide what drive type they want to use for races because I know some people prefer using RWD (rear wheel drive) to all wheel drive because some cars are easier to drive like that and vice versa. AWD is faster in most cases, but for some cars it's not always the case. What's less fun is that all cars are the same, so when you're all together on a straight there's no change of position .. but that's another topic.

race creators made the tracks we have right now im pretty sure they intended for them to be raced on using stock cars.
give the race creators the option to choose what drivetrain they want for their tracks

I agree, although some drive types are annoying. I don't think anyone uses front wheel drive for eg, everyone changes it to RWD or AWD. I don't have a problem with using set drive types, before drive types even existed I used the Bullet which was RWD, and raced against Turismo which felt like AWD ... and yeah it was a challenge, I agree. But then players got the freedom to change their cars and I like that aspect, but like I said, it used to be stock for everyone, so I'm indiferent to both cases.

Here is an example: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=380211.0 That map is a complete waste of effort with how things are right now.

That's true, although it's not really a race, more like an exhibition. The intent is for cars to go sideways and AWD doesn't allow that really.

Neutral.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline kubeQQQ ^,^

• Regular Community Member
  • DriftWorks Founder
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: kubeQQQ
« Reply #4 on: 20 11, 2021, 11:11:50 pm »
Hear me out

I am racing since 2017, never seen such shit created before. What will be next, being able to tune cars in /race to your own preferences? Don't make me laugh. If you can't handle a veh with RWD and you spin out, don't drive the damn car or just go and practice instead of "picking AWD".

Positive.

If you never raced don't even think of sharing your opinion, also let actual racers decide about racing community here, not some random people who are only farming forum posts. Cheers.
Ex State Official
[CIT]Vampire has demoted group: CivilianZ to level: 0
(EVENT) [PiRu$]Echoo#U: DriftWorks_Squad (KubeQQQ) has just made it and won the Mind Blowing Maze event along with $150,000,000. Hell of a good job I need to say!
(EVENT) HappyBrah{1%}[Biker]: kubeQQQ|DriftWorks has won the previous event along with $100M, congratulations!

Offline Violet

• State Official
  • Group: Hymie
  • Ingame: Violet
« Reply #5 on: 21 11, 2021, 04:57:32 pm »
My race is the perfect illustration of this suggestion; I created a little track with a lot of effort that was meant solely for drifting, not to find someone drifting while another isn't. Although the /settings option isn't a bad idea, it fails to account for races like mine. We can make it optional for the mapper to pick whether the racers can choose their own driving type via /settings or if he forces them to drive by a predefined kind. Voting positive.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #6 on: 22 11, 2021, 04:50:58 pm »
- Race map makers can now specify a drive type that all race vehicles will use. (Arran + Number69)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.