Author Topic: [Arran] Beta Roleplay based experimental side  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Otto

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Otto
Re: Beta Roleplay based experimental side
« Reply #30 on: 16 12, 2021, 11:01:03 am »
Well you started off giving useful details, then you went off on some fantasy listing all these immensely time consuming / complex ideas which after reading made me feel so demotivated I wanted to lock the suggestion. So how about try again with just the basics.

How does someone get this occupation?: With /roleplayer command like the /criminal one. My plan is to include all criminal, law, and civilian equivalents in this one single side to keep it neat. The name of the side will be ''Roleplayer'' and for the occupations; Citizens for the ones that are unemployeed (Probably the ones that just wants to roam around and chat with whomever they came across) and the ones that are working as our some sort of re-worked co-op civilian job equivalents. Let's say that they are working as Hunter, their occupation will still be displayed as Citizen as there is no need to tag people with their jobs on a roleplaying side. About the Stage 3 which will include a CnR alike gameplay (The ones that will be added later on after analyzing the player count that are interested in the new side) I can't say anything for sure yet, as my plans might be unrealistic considering the possibilities of scripting within MTA and its too early to talk about them. I would share my opinions about it but that part is actually really complex and confusing so lets skip it for the time being. The citizen name could be changed to something else as I noticed that there is a group called citizens.

Is there going to be a marker?: If there is no other way of giving the player necessary information he/she should know about Roleplaying in general (which is essential) and what this side actually offers in CIT, yes obviously there will be a marker.

Where will it be?: I plan on restricting most activities to Bone County, Red County, and a small portion of Tierra Robada. A map that shows where are they actually located. The reason why is it'll force players to engage more and socialize as it is main reason why people are interested in this idea. Anyway for this reason, I believe that it should be in Bone County, Fort Carson (Can be seen in the map I provided) where a custom made hub will take place. The hub must be a place where people can also socialize and get some guidance from the markers. To turn it into a place where people can socialize, it requires a parking lot, perhaps some old couches that fits the old town's vibe here and there and thats it its simple as that. The reason why it should be in Fort Carson is the fact that its basically the center of the places I mentioned above.

One of the motels around Fort Carson might be changed to the hub I talked about.

Colors of these occupations. The actual ones are, 178 34 34 #b22222 for Criminal, 30 144 255 #1e90ff for Cops, 255 215 0 #ffd700 for Civilians. As these colors now represent each side, I decided to make them similar yet different in an easily noticable level. Didn't pick one for the ''Criminal'' part that was mentioned in the Stage 3 as my vision does not include tagging criminals by coloring them red in the minimap in a roleplay based gameplay. Citizens will be 164 151 80 #a49750 and the Police Force will be 52 105 156 #34699c https://coolors.co/b22222-1e90ff-34699c-ffd700-a49750 you may check the colors here, though the clean look might confuse you so I also provided an in-game look below.

How would it look in game;

What needs to be scripted for this side;

- Collisions will be enabled for everyone playing in this roleplayer side.

- Everyone will be able to DM each other like in /gangster, yet players will be able to hurt only their citbook friends to prevent trollers and possible complaints that'll be created.

- Reducing the HP to 50 or multiplying damage by 3.

- It would be great if you could script a system where each player will get a identification card where they will be able to enter their roleplaying name and get a random created identification number that does not ever change. This will boost the roleplaying part massively once the Stage 3 is out. I'll help with the visual part if necessary. This could be delayed if this is one of those updates that takes a lot of time.

- Creating a new group equivalent in F6 to make this side accessible for players. Players would have a hard time leaving their current groups which would lead players to keep playing the same old CIT even if they enjoyed the roleplaying side. Also we may add some features to the roleplaying groups in the future to make it easier for players to socialize, roleplay etc. I honestly don't have a proper name idea for this, your vocabulary is obviously better than mine gotta leave this part to you.

Rules of this side: Common sense and common rules of roleplaying will apply to this side. Though some adjustments could be made after analyzing the players. Its pointless for me to write a list of rules here before experiencing the gameplay.

SO/PC/CB Equivalent for this side: It would be great as most of the current Staffs and Guides won't be able to assist new players in this side properly as this is completely new and roleplay is not something everyone is interested about. The duty may be called ''Roleplayer Manager'' or whatever name you find suitable for this duty. The main purpose of Roleplayer Managers would be both guiding and taking care of roleplay related issues. This could be also delayed

Did not copy pasted the co-operative job ideas once again as you probably read it like 6 times already. Leaving this part completely up to you as I do not know how to script. Not knowing the possibilities within scripting in a 2004 game is obviously leading me to set my expectations high. What we expect from you to do is already explained in the previous comments, as long as you acknowledge the priorities of this side clarified by me, seville, rabbid rabbit and some other people you'll satisfy the majority of the players whom may be interested in this side. Also remember, for casual players (will be the majority I assume) any unnecessary second they stand idle makes them instantly leave the game or the side in this case. They should be continuosly hinted that they are doing something useful while working. What you should aim for is to make the playing part non repetitive and enjoyable with friends while minimizing any moment they stand idle. The main priorities will be the ones that are based on driving around, like Trucker, Delivery Man to gather a considerable player count in this side by attracting casual players to it. The ones that are solely interested in Roleplaying will create their own content with their friends anyway, their scripting part can be delayed for a while to give them some time to realize what they actually want and then you may ask them what exactly they want to be improved roleplaying-wise.

The reason why I come up with many update ideas is the fact that the way discussion board is handled gives the chance to random people below average intelligence level to come up with their rubbish ideas and get it accepted with their also below-average-intelligence-level-friends. Don't wanna risk the time that people put into this suggestion go to waste by missing essential parts, even if you don't want to do them all at once you can consider them to be updates that can be implemented in the future. I'm not that interested in playing the game regularly anymore and to be honest i'm not the kind of person that likes to do anything for others at all. Therefore this will probably be the last post i'll send here, hope you can come up with something worth playing with the ideas we already shared.
« Last Edit: 16 12, 2021, 12:19:20 pm by Otto »

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #31 on: 16 12, 2021, 11:10:58 am »
This addition will be very handy and pretty sure will improve the server's playerbase basement.
I'm positive for all the propositions mentioned above.
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline seville_blv_1345

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Seville_blv
« Reply #32 on: 16 12, 2021, 12:09:22 pm »
You mentioned that roleplayers would have an own team @Otto but did you have defined for example a main earn limit for this team?
As you know we have currently four teams: Civilian, Criminals, Cops and Gangsters (split into LS Gangsters/LV Gangsters) and everyone has its own /earnlimit depending on their gameplay. And so the question is if you want to keep the /earnlimit the same as Civilians or a bit higher as for example playing jobs in Co-op would need co-ordination of several people and so jobs would be a bit more difficult.

Just an advice (hope this is helpful): You can explain basics way better by imagine playing this side in the server and of what you expect how it would work.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #33 on: 17 12, 2021, 04:32:54 pm »
 :fp:

I asked for a simple post and basically you repost the same thing... like this:

"I plan on restricting most activities to Bone County, Red County, and a small portion of Tierra Robada"

This one sentence triggers alarm bells. Do you have any fucking idea how much work it is to "restricting most activities to an area"... most jobs won't even work in those areas without having to make whole new co-ordinate tables and then of course having to go through the scripts to make these role-players restricted to that area... Even just thinking about this is making me feel stressed.

Your original topic that was in radical board said it wouldn't take much to script. So how about again, post a topic with nothing but the most simplest things that need doing, don't even mention anything else.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Otto

« Reply #34 on: 17 12, 2021, 11:10:53 pm »
THE BASICS

- Enabling collisions
 - Being able to hurt other roleplayers, only CB friends.
 - Reducing HP to 50 or x3 damage
 - An update like the injury I already talked about might be necessary to prevent deathmatching to farm kills, if you got an easier idea scripting-wise that could also work.

These will be enough to let people roleplay easily without being interrupted by others.

JOBS

Any job that you can create/edit that gives the players a co-operative interactive experience. Making it completely interactive relying on players being active does not seem realistic to me judging by the player count, so what I come up with is making them interactive for only this side, or to the players that grouped together and fulfilled the requirements of an event/job that was already plotted and scripted, like a bridge maintenance for few city engineers, the objects may be visible only for the ones that are working on this specific event or the whole side if possible, to create more opportunities to socialize and roleplay. Examples are already given in the topic you can check them if you need inspiration. What I meant with restricting was basically leading the players by placing most delivery points in the places I mentioned, they'll be able to go wherever they desire and jobs will also make them travel around the whole world while most of them will lead them to BC RC and TR

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Impostor

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
« Reply #35 on: 17 12, 2021, 11:56:39 pm »

- Being able to hurt other roleplayers, only CB friends.

I'd go with "being able to hurt other roleplayers who have toggled the damage taking thingy". Or something like sms: only friends/any RP occupation player

Being able to interact with random people is a must in my opinion.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: 18 12, 2021, 02:45:22 pm »
Roleplayers are generally all civilian right? So why would they ever even need to kill others and why would they want to get killed by others? Civilian workers are meant to be chill not worrying constantly about getting near instant killed by someone even if it's "friends only".

And how are attacks / kills supposed to be handled regarding wanted levels?

The only genuine change is that roleplayers won't be able to drive right through each other and how does that really matter to anyone?

It seems to me that really all that players actually want is some co-op civilian jobs, a roleplayer team which adds a huge amount of problems doesn't seem necessary?

Offline Otto

« Reply #37 on: 18 12, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »
Roleplayers are generally all civilian right?

Not really, its just that we are focused on the civilian part which offers a casual roleplay experience rather than a hard-core roleplay including robberies and a law force for the time being. That part is delayed till we experiment with the side and see if there are considerable amount of players interested in it to prevent any unnecessary workhours put into scripting.

So why would they ever even need to kill others and why would they want to get killed by others? Civilian workers are meant to be chill not worrying constantly about getting near instant killed by someone even if it's "friends only".

Killing will be useful for the ones that are roleplaying instead of working. Check the Civilian team for example, many people including me are just roaming around with friends occupied as unemployeed, people are obviously not supposed to work all the time and proven by the stats you can check in game, they don't. Surely worrying about getting killed when working is not ideal and that is why I suggested having a SO/CB/PC equivalent who could limit the ones that are acting out of roleplay and ruin others gameplay. The CB limit will also prevent many toxic players from deathmatching as you can simply remove them from your citbook if you don't think that he is not roleplaying properly. This will eventually lead players to behave and roleplay otherwise they'll have noone to roleplay with.

And how are attacks / kills supposed to be handled regarding wanted levels?

In roleplaying you don't get wanted level unless you were caught as obviously, it is supposed to be realistic. Once the Stage 3 including robberies and police scripts are made (hopefully soon once we reach a considerable player count) we'll make the rules clear according to the scripts you'll be making. To make it easier for police, most RP based servers make a script that reveals the place where a crime was committed, instead of giving the exact spot it is usually a large radius around the area. Shooting is included.

The only genuine change is that roleplayers won't be able to drive right through each other and how does that really matter to anyone?

It is obviously essential, why would you drive through each other in a side that puts Roleplay as its first priority? You can street race, Roleplay when a crashing occurs etc.

It seems to me that really all that players actually want is some co-op civilian jobs, a roleplayer team which adds a huge amount of problems doesn't seem necessary?

Well it is true that people are interested in the co-op experience, and I wanted to solve two issues at once. Roleplaying and dull civilian experience in the game. Minority of civilians are grinding jobs while majority's main goal is to socialize rather than earning more and more money. Meaning, it is obviously worth scripting and adding some roleplaying aspects to this side to boost socializing opportunities.

my goals in cit

Offline Thug

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #38 on: 18 12, 2021, 05:08:05 pm »
These are some big changes and they will cause a lot of trouble and drama but the question Is everyone agreeing on this or only 30 out of 300?
And we all know where a small amount of votes compared to the player count leads to ...
As you said before it will cause alot of troubles I swear to god and I will remind you arran, when the players leave more and more becacuse of that pathetic idea for god sake just lock that suggestion and do not think to add something like that

Offline Otto

« Reply #39 on: 18 12, 2021, 06:03:48 pm »
As you said before it will cause alot of troubles I swear to god and I will remind you arran, when the players leave more and more becacuse of that pathetic idea for god sake just lock that suggestion and do not think to add something like that

Don't know why you feel obligated to swear to God and remind Arran that you believe that it will cause troubles, I honestly don't expect meaningful and constructive comments from the likes of you but why would you try to de-motivate me and Arran about a suggestion that you did not even show the courtesy to read while its been going on for over a month. The reason why people are leaving the game is its dull and repetitive and what the suggestion about is breaking the repetitive loop and give players an enjoyable experience in a completely new side while keeping everything the same. Don't reply to this specific post as I won't be giving you the attention you seek in another post, if you have something to add to the suggestion or reasonable thoughts about what makes it bad feel free to share it.

These are some big changes and they will cause a lot of trouble and drama but the question Is everyone agreeing on this or only 30 out of 300?
And we all know where a small amount of votes compared to the player count leads to ...

They are not changes they are additions. You may read the earlier comments if you wish to understand the reason behind creating a side for a niche gameplay. Which players seek for especially in GTA SA due to the fact that its probably the only game that offers proper roleplaying gameplay.

my goals in cit

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 20 12, 2021, 05:53:52 pm »
Roleplayer team added, accessible and leave-able with '/roleplay'.

Car collisions work as intended.

All civilian job scripts should now work when in new team.

Damage stuff is to-do.
« Last Edit: 20 12, 2021, 06:07:28 pm by Arran »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
Re: [Arran] Beta Roleplay based experimental side
« Reply #41 on: 21 12, 2021, 05:35:08 pm »
@Otto you need to test if you can now only be damaged by CITbook friends. I couldn't test it because there was only 1 other person using the team and they were in event dim.

Offline Otto

« Reply #42 on: 21 12, 2021, 07:21:24 pm »
@Otto you need to test if you can now only be damaged by CITbook friends. I couldn't test it because there was only 1 other person using the team and they were in event dim.

Tested it and it works, though it turns you into a criminal and gives you WL, idk if thats what you intended but I don't think that it is necessary if you made it so just to prevent kill farming, people can farm kills as a gangster without getting WL anyway. I think they are supposed to stay as a roleplayer without getting wanted levels.

People suggested that merging the chat with civilian for a while may be helpful to the side as they are both interactive for the time being and it may attract some players to it. Also everyone I talked to thinks the color is confusing as it is almost identical to default FMSG color and FFH's group tagcolor.

my goals in cit

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #43 on: 21 12, 2021, 11:51:40 pm »
People suggested that merging the chat with civilian for a while may be helpful to the side as they are both interactive for the time being and it may attract some players to it. Also everyone I talked to thinks the color is confusing as it is almost identical to default FMSG color and FFH's group tagcolor.

I agree with merging with civillian chat, Otto basically summed it up. In the same sense that SWAT is a "team" yet they still appear in "police" chat.
What if we use a color that's neither yellow, red, blue or purple? How about some variation of orange or purple? FFH is similar in colour to the current and I was going to suggest green but then I asked IG and then I was told 3 groups use green...  :|

(LS) Otto: I'm green I'm green a big green maaaannn (crim color*)

(LS) Otto: I'm green I'm green a big green maaaannn (rp color?)
(LS) Otto: I'm green I'm green a big green maaaannn (ffh color)
(LS) Otto: I'm green I'm green a big green maaaannn (civilian color*)

(LS) Otto: I'm green I'm green a big green maaaannn (a variation of purple?)

*: More or less

I'd even say brown but that's such a lame color.

Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Lycan

• New Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Ingame: MidoZ
« Reply #44 on: 22 12, 2021, 12:22:37 am »
I would really be positive if roleplay will remove the following, to be realistic as well, Somethings also can be good for roleplaying such CMD called /suspect role-playing issuing someone wanted level with a valid reason such illegal trucking with motorbikes and trucks then if the suspect got arrested they would be carried to LSPD garage to be deliverd to the jail for perioed time.

Kiddnaping part also will be good if a cop ride along with a criminal the criminal would be able to do some /me and /do then /tie him

I can mention more but this really need time of scripiting and some stuff below may ruin this mode if they weren't removed along they'll be so bad and unrealistic. And yea some of good role-players should be moderators of such mode because there'll be alot of some rule breaking such PG and MG and DM and more. Some stuff down below, should be considerd to be removed for such good RP fights and real roleplay.

Sawn-OFF( Unrealistic ) Because you can't shoot someone while you're moving with such weapon IRL.
UZI/TEC9 - (Unrealistic) You can't use such gun and run around shooting someone.

This includes all drugs also.

I'm positive if it would be that way.

Allah, there is no god except He, the Living, the Everlasting.
Let the actions speak louder than words.
Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmUvul0cXwPLI7elJXWtSw