Author Topic: [+++] Restricting players from entering in CEs after the 5th minute  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Timbery

• Global Army Leader
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Timbery
  • Squad: Anti Riot squad
Dear community,

Today, I am here to raise up one of the numerous issues which are around the Cops and Robbery system and more specially related to the Criminal Events - the reentry system. It is a long lasting issue, known to many players and is also bothering majority of the side which has a smaller team of players outside the event.

The concept to reenter in an event in case you get murdered in the very beginning is understandable, but it should be strictly controlled, otherwise it would cause additional troubles. Despite of the current restrictions which were enforced over the events to guarantee fairness and balance, it does not seem to be working. Currently, the only two restrictions to prevent "mass stacking" and "one-team domination" are:
- if one of the teams has more than 2 players than the enemy one - the players from that team cannot enter inside
- if somebody has been killed inside the CE, he cannot enter inside unless X seconds passes from the moment he was killed

During the past months, the team with less players waiting outside the CE was suffering and being exposed to unfair gameplay experience. Most of the time, this was and still is the police team due to the endless reentry system which aids only the team with more players outside the CE. A solution to get this issue resolved is redesigning the function of the reentry system and disallowing players to enter in the CE after the fifth minute passes.

There are a few reasons why it is beneficial to limit player respawn in criminal events (just for the protocol, reentry is quite similar to respawn definition):
  • To increase the strategic element of the game: Limiting player reentry can encourage players to be more careful and strategic in their gameplay. They may be more inclined to work together and use cover, rather than simply rushing into combat, stealing kills and ending up murdered... knowing that they may simply reentry after X seconds and re-do the previous steps.
  • To make the game more realistic: In many real-life situations, there is a limited number of times that a person can respawn. By limiting player respawns in the game, it can help to make the game feel more realistic and immersive.
  • To prevent players from respawning constantly: If players are able to respawn an unlimited number of times, it can lead to a never-ending cycle of respawning and killing as it has been happening right now and been ongoing since months (unless the larger team does not fully dominate the smaller one or the event does not run out of time). Limiting player respawns can help to prevent this and make the game feel more fair, especially to the team with smaller amount of players outside the event.
  • To encourage players to play differently: Limiting player respawns can encourage players to try different tactics and approaches to the game. They may be more likely to experiment with different weapons, abilities and map-positions, which can make the game more varied and interesting.
  • It helps to balance the game: Limiting player respawns can help to balance the game and ensure that one team or player doesn't have an unfair advantage. For example, if one team is able to respawn an unlimited number of times, they may be able to overwhelm the other team with sheer numbers. Limiting player respawns can help to prevent this and make the game more balanced.
Overall, limiting player re-entries or rather "respawns" in criminal events can help to increase the strategic element of the game, make it feel more realistic and fair, and encourage players to try different tactics and approaches.

The shortest version of this suggestions is:
Limiting the re-entry system to the 5th minute of the criminal event, the reasons for this may be seen in the above paragraphs. Another feature which should be part of the script is, any person that was queued to enter in the CE (standing near the entry marker) from before the 5th minute will still be able to enter once his turn comes even after the 5th minute.

Edit: As I have received several questions regarding this suggestion, if there will be some sort of "exceptions" for DL2+ owners, PCs or CBs to enter after the 5th - no, there should not be any. There is not any reason, which may justify such a privilege being given to any players.
« Last Edit: 28 12, 2022, 09:13:03 am by TwCafe »
"The story started long ago and is still being written..." - K.
"And here begins the rise of one empire in this new age..." - *** ********
"Some rumors says that Timbery is recording you..." - B.
Do not hesitate to send me a message or add me on discord (Timbery#5535) if you need any help.

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Re: Restricting players from entering in CEs after the 5th minute
« Reply #1 on: 20 12, 2022, 10:17:36 pm »
previously it was added that you cannot re-enter the EC for the same reason that the police expose that criminals always win in quantity, but let me tell you the reason why there are always more criminals within the ECs, the reason is that most of police even the PCs themselves give orders to stay outside to wait for the CE to finish and thus be able to kill criminals easily without having to enter the CE to fight, they even place MPCC for those who died inside the CE to also join the farm kills out of CE, making it so no criminals get out, so I don't think this won't change the fact that criminals outnumber cops, it's been tried before and still the same, so if you set MPCCs and wait Until the criminals finish the CE, you don't want to create another update that will remain the same now.  :cros:

Offline Sheriff

• Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sheriff
  • Squad: Rednecks
« Reply #2 on: 20 12, 2022, 10:21:59 pm »
 :tick: Positive

I believe Timbery already explained everything. Limiting re-entering makes CEs more tactical and less ARish.

Offline Blue.

• Community Event Manager
    YearsYears
  • Group: TR
  • Ingame: Blue
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #3 on: 20 12, 2022, 10:24:35 pm »
I believe Timbery already explained everything. Limiting re-entering makes CEs more tactical and less ARish.
Positive.
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. CIT News Administrator & Honorable
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Adeka

• Global Army Leader
  • Junior Community Member
  • work until your idols become your rivals.
  • Ingame: Adeka*[GLA]
  • Squad: ECF
« Reply #4 on: 20 12, 2022, 11:15:27 pm »
well explained, it will surely improve the CE.  Positive  :tick:
Are you interested to be a Real soldier? Join The Global Army Today!
Apply for  GLA

Surround yourself with supportive truth tellers who enthusiastically encourage you to fight harder and reach higher

Offline Waltz

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
« Reply #5 on: 20 12, 2022, 11:17:45 pm »
:tick: Positive

I am agree with Sheriff, CEs are all about holding a corridor for 15 minute, should be decreased to 5 or 10.

Offline Timbery

• Global Army Leader
  • L3 Staff
  • Ingame: Timbery
  • Squad: Anti Riot squad
« Reply #6 on: 21 12, 2022, 01:14:52 am »
Draxler, I appreciate the fact that you bothered to respond here, but according to what you have written in your reply... It is more than visible that you either have no clue what you are voting about or you just judged the entire suggestion according to its title without going into details and reading everything I had written in my main post.

Most of CIT players Like the CE better than AR because there's a teamwork And CB skills and so funny to play and learn about Combos I am talking about old system had CE/AR both running in the same time and you just talking about making CE more inactive to active ARs or CnR outside CE just because you cop cant deal with them in CE,
There is contradiction in your own post, there cannt be teamwork and tactical-strategic preparation, when there is a system which allows mass and constant reentries when one of the teams is being outnumbered OUTSIDE the event. It does not matter how many enemies you take down inside, when they have fresh backup outside... They can replace any person you murder inside within seconds and thus creates a never-ending cycle unless your teams does not run out of reinforcements (as it happens most of the time) and does not get entirely dominated.

What is needed nowadays to win a CE is:
- have a full team inside (2+ players than the enemy one)
- have a large fresh backup outside (more than the enemy team's one)
"The story started long ago and is still being written..." - K.
"And here begins the rise of one empire in this new age..." - *** ********
"Some rumors says that Timbery is recording you..." - B.
Do not hesitate to send me a message or add me on discord (Timbery#5535) if you need any help.

Offline Sayuki

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Sayuki
  • Squad: Hold_On
« Reply #7 on: 21 12, 2022, 01:30:44 am »
I like the idea of restricting respawns after certain amount of time, the current style of CE total chaos, people rush, and either dominate the smaller team or end up holding CE till the 15th minute. Positive

Offline Smith.

• Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #8 on: 21 12, 2022, 02:59:42 am »
Agree with this proposal to balance it out.  :tick:

Offline Mei.

• Titania
  • L3 Staff
    Years
« Reply #9 on: 21 12, 2022, 05:48:29 am »
I agree limiting the re-entry can help balancing the game and encourage players to play differently and for many reasons that tembery explained on his suggestion  :tick:
"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Offline Moris

• First Moris on earth.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Moris
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #10 on: 21 12, 2022, 09:26:17 am »
There is a thing actually. I was a cop for a 2 days when I'm back from my inactivity. Like a 2 or 3 weeks ago. I saw the PCs were trying stop Cops to enter CE's. Just because if you don't enter Criminals can't enter CE's and they got nothing to do in the meanwhile. Also, 15+ Cops can chase 1 high wanted Criminal instead of attending CE's but if that high wanted Criminal manages to attempt current CE whole Cop side attempts Criminal Event. That's kinda breaking the CnR system which is not cool. So, even with this problem your suggestion makes it worst. Therefore, I'm negative.
Only a man who's been burned knows what hell is truly like

Offline Matrix.

• Junior Community Member
  • Never give up.
    YearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: [FFH]Matrix
« Reply #11 on: 21 12, 2022, 12:23:41 pm »
I don't think it's a good idea because when criminals are stuck entering CEs, like a criminal whose mission is finished in AR, he wants to go to CE in minute 5 he won't be able to enter CE ,Thus, the criminal will feel bored until the end of CE
Negative

Offline RoMaNa

• GLM - Group Level Manager
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 21 12, 2022, 12:57:38 pm »
Just no CE system working fine why trying to fuck it up that's the funny part of the CE that you can enter it unlimited times So you can enjoy killing. Everyone could do a mistake in CE and die or get killed by ping spike so they can re-enter in this suggestion people who dies by ping will suffer from it I'm one of them I die like at least twice by ping spike in each CE. About "To make game more realistic" that's just a bullshit it makes the game more boring and annoying. NEGATIVE

Offline Dr.TaReQ

• Virtuality Founder
  • New Community Member
  • Don't give up
    Years
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Ingame: Dr.TaReQ
  • Squad: T10_Family
« Reply #13 on: 21 12, 2022, 02:23:49 pm »
I agree with you . Positive :tick:
ex SAS Leader
Virtuality Founder

Offline 9R

• Guard_Ghosts Owner
  • ProCriminal.
  • Group: GuardGhosts
  • Ingame: 9R'~
  • Squad: SA
« Reply #14 on: 21 12, 2022, 02:54:21 pm »
CEs keeps going on until 15mins 70% of the time so your idea will help balancing that.  :tick:
لا يكذب المرء إلا من مهانته ... أو فعله السوء أو من قلة الأدب
لبعض جيفة كلب خير رائحة ... من كذبة المرء في جد وفي لعب

Guard_Ghosts.