Author Topic: Early February 2013  (Read 13104 times)

Offline Aayush

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: AAYUSH
  • Squad: xvtt/ES
Re: Early February 2013
« Reply #30 on: 11 02, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »
This decision would definitely give CIT, loyal Developers. I can understand that this is a time taking work but if successfully completed would give CIT many developers, and that will be a great achievement.  Goodluck to all CIT Staff Team. 

• Thanks for giving me 1000+ "thank you's" people •
IRC Guide
Ex. HoBoS/xvtt Leader & Honorable member

Offline Verterro

• Junior Community Member
  • Ye, I'm Green
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Vert!
  • Squad: Blue_Angels
« Reply #31 on: 11 02, 2013, 07:02:58 pm »
The Server Is Excelent Only Need New Crim Events, Jobs And New Ideas. Good Job All Staff And Dev Team!

Cumpz, Vert
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
My Steam Profile - My Personal Website

Johnpaul777

« Reply #32 on: 11 02, 2013, 07:16:39 pm »
Really good idea and why not? At least they are loyal.
Keep doing the awesome work.

srhtank

« Reply #33 on: 11 02, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »
Really good regenaration.A new era begins.Make your bests.Btw only staffs can teach scripting from you ?

Tyrone814

« Reply #34 on: 11 02, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
By the way, resigned staffs can't continue helping if they wish? Like JTPenn?
Of course anyone—regardless of past experiences or history with CIT—can contribute to the server. I created my first CIT contribution, the ice cream/hotdogs selling script, while I was not a member of CIT.

When going about making a contribution to the server, be sure to make sure that whatever you are trying to do isn't being done by someone else. Also, before committing yourself to scripting something, be sure that you are even capable of doing such a thing.

For those who are trying to get started, try downloading some community scripts and learning from those. It helped my out a lot; that's how I was finally able to understand the relationship between client and server side functions and how to make them interact with each other. Many of them are basic and can be improved.

The first script I learned from was this Area 51 gate script. Learned about checks and colshapes and whatnot, and modified it to make it open and close based on team. Took me 5+ hours to make it work relatively bug-free, but I was a nab then, but I learned a lot from it, and really took up an interest in scripting since then.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #35 on: 11 02, 2013, 10:34:23 pm »
If you're going to learn from community resources make sure they're from a decent scripter else you'll be learning bad scripting habits. Also do not and I repeat do not, look at complicated scripts because it will demotivate you because it will look so confusing.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Matthew

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Matthew[AF]
« Reply #36 on: 11 02, 2013, 11:41:52 pm »
Good luck to all the staff willing to help improve the community as I know it's not easy to learn scripting, I tried it once and it demotivated me cuz like arran said, I started looking at a bunch of complicated script lines and it confused me.

As much as I'd like to help but I'm no staff and don't have the time to actually learn Lua eventhough I am still motivated to do so, yet good luck to all and thanks for this move.
« Last Edit: 11 02, 2013, 11:48:46 pm by Matthew »
You are remembered for the rules you break.

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #37 on: 12 02, 2013, 12:53:14 am »
This is slightly off-topic, but if you don't find enough scripters, I'm willing to help.
->I haven't seen any threads requesting scripters yet; I might be doing this at the wrong place.<-

Either way, I'm pretty good with Java/Python/C++, and I'm in the process of learning Delphi.

I've coded for Minecraft before, and I've made some small games / Android apps. I'm great at understanding how these things work.

If you need another scripter, feel free to hit me up.

You? The same guy that posted somewhere else asking for hacks for MTA? Not even if you were the last scripter on earth thanks :)
Innovation fuels success

serg06

« Reply #38 on: 12 02, 2013, 03:36:02 am »
You? The same guy that posted somewhere else asking for hacks for MTA? Not even if you were the last scripter on earth thanks :)

Quote from: What you sound like:
You? The same guy that eats his sandwiches normally?

Sandwiches are supposed to be eaten upside-down. You don't deserve to live and I deserve to have any money you make for the rest of your miserable life.

That's what you sound like right now.

You don't care what my reason is for looking for MTA hacks. You feel like your opinion is above everyone else's, and that what you perceive is automatically the truth.

Setting the scene:
A dead body is lying in the middle of the road. A tall black gentleman is standing beside him, calling the police.
Gonzalo comes in: Gonzalo's thoughts: "Oh no! That tall black guy probably killed the white guy and he's calling his black friends to take the body!"

That's you.

Here's an extremely over-exaggerated video if you didn't understand my English:

Tyrone814

« Reply #39 on: 12 02, 2013, 03:42:23 am »
For those of you who are genuinely interested in learning how to script, I'm working on a small project here: http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=62409.0

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #40 on: 12 02, 2013, 11:03:18 am »
You don't care what my reason is for looking for MTA hacks. You feel like your opinion is above everyone else's, and that what you perceive is automatically the truth.

What was the reason for asking for MTA hacks on hackforums then?

Did you try some? http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=53215.0

At least the minecraft bit was true since you seem to like "cracking minecraft accounts" http://pastebin.com/Vh2Tan7p

I'd have linked to the topic I saw about you asking for hacks but hackforums won't let any of the results be viewed by guests.

This is completely off topic, anyway.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

praneet166

« Reply #41 on: 12 02, 2013, 11:52:26 am »
well if you guys need any help in mapping..i will try to help you guys and I will learn scripting in my vacations...hope I can contribute something to the server :D

Offline Ben

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: SWAT
  • Ingame: Ben
« Reply #42 on: 12 02, 2013, 12:00:42 pm »
well if you guys need any help in mapping..i will try to help you guys and I will learn scripting in my vacations...hope I can contribute something to the server :D
mapping is not too hard. The real sh*t is finding people that have skills for scripting in the first place but they need time too. You also need to find people that don't stop scripting because they are bored. I was thinkig about if you are a "senior community member" then you can apply somwhere for script lessons.

this is my opinion.

praneet166

« Reply #43 on: 12 02, 2013, 12:04:38 pm »
mapping is not too hard. The real sh*t is finding people that have skills for scripting in the first place but they need time too. You also need to find people that don't stop scripting because they are bored. I was thinkig about if you are a "senior community member" then you can apply somwhere for script lessons.

this is my opinion.
well I mentioned above that I will learn scripting in my vacations and make some scripts for the server...

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there ◔◡◔
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #44 on: 12 02, 2013, 01:07:30 pm »
Seems interesting, if only this free teaching would be for non-staff persons like me... :(