Author Topic: Staff Leavers  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Staff Leavers
« on: 17 01, 2012, 01:32:43 pm »
Note: This topic is directed towards staff members and has been posted in the news board so everyone can know whats going on.

Rozza, Ripps, Dusty and Sola have left staff and as there is no specific reason why they left you'll need to ask them for their take on it, I wouldn't want to say anything that is seen as false. Meursault was kicked and why that was fairly obvious if you have been around Saturday to Monday on IRC you'd know why. In fact because this is the news board, they may reply explaining anything they wish to explain.

If anyone else would like to leave there is nothing stopping you, I won't pressure anybody into staying I just ask that you give notice of your resignation.

What next?

We're clearly down some staff, how much of this will be a problem we can't tell. We still have enough staff so only none to minor recruitment will be necessary. Also note that there will no longer be any promotions to L5 or not at least any time soon.

Remember that this is only a game server and administrating it is not an essential task, just try to do your best in the time that you have. I'd much prefer an admin that does less work and doesn't get overworked resulting in problems than an admin who overworks and causes problems for us and themselves.

This is a game server. It is not our lives, it is a game server. If no admins went ingame for a day many rules would be broken, so what? Is anybodies lives ruined because they got death matched?

We're not asking you to sacrifice any time in your lives that you don't want to, I've never told anybody to do something that they didn't want to and hope that nobody else has ever said that.

You are the one that's in control.

Note to leavers

I wish you luck with what you'll be doing hopefully you won't make the same mistake I made of continuing to play MTA but if you do then plan ahead, plan with the future in mind. Scripts need changing a lot as a server gets busy, you start noticing inefficiencies within scripts and things like bank robs need designing to withstand large player counts.

Like when we start the bank robbery I've no idea where that 5 second network trouble comes from because the CPU usage is low and I've split the bank robbery start code into 3 different parts so it doesn't all happen at once. It's all one big pain in the ass really. The first few months are the best then it just goes down hill with the player count going up.
« Last Edit: 17 01, 2012, 01:51:44 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Anon.

Re: Staff Leavers
« Reply #1 on: 17 01, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »
<~Arran> who needs staff

I know who needed them for past year and now turned against them.

Isn't moral relativism a fun stuff to play around with.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 17 01, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
I did not create any of what happened over the past 3 days. If you want to blame me thats fine.

This topic is not here so you can continue to attack or blame me, anyone who does that from this point on will be banned.

Anon.

« Reply #3 on: 17 01, 2012, 02:50:58 pm »
I did not create any of what happened over the past 3 days. If you want to blame me thats fine.

This topic is not here so you can continue to attack or blame me, anyone who does that from this point on will be banned.

Ok, sry. All my fault. kk.

It's funny how people who see the flaws in governance have lost their community status. Doesn't this remind anyone of a certain political ideology? Hm.
« Last Edit: 17 01, 2012, 03:09:50 pm by Meursault. »

Offline BlackWolf

• Ingame: BlackWolf
« Reply #4 on: 17 01, 2012, 04:46:21 pm »
Its sad to hear this, especially about Anon/Meursault, he might didn't knew but he helped me a lot in the game play by just ' teaching'  me the rules with punishments.
Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most indispensible of duties.

rippsblack

« Reply #5 on: 17 01, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
Don't Try so hard

listen, enjoy, relax and take heed.

I will post an official explanation for my leaving when i return from my b/day celebrations tonight / tomorrow.

Thanks for the wild ride.

The Amazonic

« Reply #6 on: 17 01, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »
There was really big stuff going on and it's more than bad to have to see all that. But however, we are a community, right? We help each other if we need it and we have fun together. That will never change.

Pricex3

« Reply #7 on: 17 01, 2012, 05:24:55 pm »
I can't even be staff anymore because I'm concentrating on exams and would rather not be distracted by a server filled with 12 year olds.

Legenden-

« Reply #8 on: 17 01, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »
How bad we lost awesome staff meanwhile new ones just...

Deevraaans

« Reply #9 on: 17 01, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »
Indeed its really sad to see some dear friends leave. Still I hope you guys donĀ“t leave the community tough :)

Offline Mana

• SA News Reporter
  • Senior Community Member
  • Played: CIT Beta 2010
  • Ingame: Mana
« Reply #10 on: 17 01, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »
I don't get it why Dennis was demoted, I've been in CIT from the start, I had to do with Dennis, got admin jailed twice by him, I always went into a long conversation like 30 minutes, I knew I was wrong and I should be admin jailed, but I always wanted to see if I can break his mind and let me free, but he always been CORRECT. I am not saying here anything about his time on checking DMers, but I am talking about him being so "CORRECT". There was more and more things I've done with Dennis, especially one case getting cheaters, he was always a true guy, maybe I should chill out about this demotion, but just wanted to say that this is just wrong, or there is any reason I don't know, but if it's about not trusting, you are really wrong! Again, "in my opinion" if Dennis will be kept in that level, the other admins being in the same level is just unfair, they can't be compared with Dennis.

I agree with Snipes, there is no respect anymore. That's a reason I am cold to play, I have no volunteer to play as I did in the past. Too many noobs ruined my love of this server a little. Also, there was a case an admin just warps to me, and asks me: "Hey Mana, how many times have you been banned?" I forgot about the ban I got from Anon on the past about spamming in IRC (the ban ingame), I said "Never", he just starts pissing me off "You lie, liar you've been banned two times, hahaha I see punishlogs", what the hell was his point ffs? Also, to actual low level admins, if YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED TO HELP WHEN SOMEONE YELLS ABOUT HELP, PLEASE, DO NOT IGNORE HIM, ATLEAST TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE BUSY OR YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO HELP HIM. Thanks.
Btw, if you understood wrong this, you may think I am leaving, NO, it just tells you why I am inactive.

- In this message you get all my opinion about CIT.
« Last Edit: 17 01, 2012, 10:01:56 pm by Ramshal »
CIT BETA Founding Member.

• Played in CIT Beta, was part of the first humans in CIT. Also first Albanian player in CIT!
  • Ex-CIT Staff (2011), FBI Leader (2012), SpecialForces (now known as ArmedForces) Colonel[ex-Leader rank] (2011).
  • Founder of: Yakuza (2011), San Andreas Carbon |SAC| (2010).

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #11 on: 18 01, 2012, 02:50:05 pm »
I do not know the details of what happened between the staff team. I just know what everybody knows, and I cant say I'm surprised for what happened... When I realized, that Meursault was first L4, and then L3, it seemed obvious that whatever was going on, was not going to end well... I guess, all the people that left, left tired of whatever was happening in /staff... Its too bad to see this ex-Staff leaving, I care about them all... I think that they were all good admins and good people, I hope they stick around... I'm not sure how serious what happened was, but from the outside, all I have to say, is that it would be nice if you try yo work it out, I believe you are all reasonable persons... And as Arran said, its just a game, so there's nothing that cant be fixed... don't you think?... Well... for now, we will miss you all, good luck to all
Innovation fuels success

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 18 01, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »
Note that Dusty didn't leave, he's back in staff now. I only removed him because I assumed thats what he wanted and I didn't want any abuse to happen while I was sleeping that night.

GoldenPlayer

« Reply #13 on: 18 01, 2012, 06:33:29 pm »
I don't get it why Dennis was demoted, I've been in CIT from the start, I had to do with Dennis, got admin jailed twice by him, I always went into a long conversation like 30 minutes, I knew I was wrong and I should be admin jailed, but I always wanted to see if I can break his mind and let me free, but he always been CORRECT. I am not saying here anything about his time on checking DMers, but I am talking about him being so "CORRECT". There was more and more things I've done with Dennis, especially one case getting cheaters, he was always a true guy, maybe I should chill out about this demotion, but just wanted to say that this is just wrong, or there is any reason I don't know, but if it's about not trusting, you are really wrong! Again, "in my opinion" if Dennis will be kept in that level, the other admins being in the same level is just unfair, they can't be compared with Dennis.

I agree with Snipes, there is no respect anymore. That's a reason I am cold to play, I have no volunteer to play as I did in the past. Too many noobs ruined my love of this server a little. Also, there was a case an admin just warps to me, and asks me: "Hey Mana, how many times have you been banned?" I forgot about the ban I got from Anon on the past about spamming in IRC (the ban ingame), I said "Never", he just starts pissing me off "You lie, liar you've been banned two times, hahaha I see punishlogs", what the hell was his point ffs? Also, to actual low level admins, if YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED TO HELP WHEN SOMEONE YELLS ABOUT HELP, PLEASE, DO NOT IGNORE HIM, ATLEAST TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE BUSY OR YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO HELP HIM. Thanks.
Btw, if you understood wrong this, you may think I am leaving, NO, it just tells you why I am inactive.

- In this message you get all my opinion about CIT.

Hey dude , you got the meaning (+1)