Author Topic: MTA SA Brightness Issue ($10,000,000 if you can solve it)  (Read 315 times)

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
This problem started occurring after a Windows Update  ( :knife:)

Basically, whenever I launch MTA:SA, my whole monitor momentarily turns all black and then when the GTA SA splash screen loads, the brightness of the whole game is lower than usual. The brightness remains lower the whole time MTA SA is launched. It's like, the whole system lowers it's brightness because if I ALT+Tab, I can see that the brightness is lower than usual and it remains like that until I close MTA SA.

I tried increasing the brightness of MTA SA itself, however this makes the game too bright in some places which really hurts my eyes. As I said, it used to be fine before but I did a Windows Update and then this problem started occurring.

Every other game runs perfectly fine with no problems in the brightness. It's only MTA SA that does this.
All my drivers are up-to-date and Windows too.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline MandM

• Senior Community Member
  • AKA MEME...
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: M&M*A-SWAT
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Re: MTA SA Brightness Issue ($10,000,000 if you can solve it)
« Reply #1 on: 12 01, 2024, 08:20:56 am »
1) Try checking your monitor if it has an auto feature that automatically lower the screen's brightness once you start playing. (I know you said that this issue started happening after the latest update but try checking your monitor.)

2) Check your device settings and disable the auto dimming option, maybe it got enabled by default for power saving or something.

Try these steps:  Settings > Display > In Display settings, select Brightness then set the Change brightness based on content drop-down (Off)

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
Re: MTA SA Brightness Issue ($10,000,000 if you can solve it)
« Reply #2 on: 12 01, 2024, 02:57:20 pm »
I figured it out. It was caused by me not running MTA SA on my native screen resolution, in fact I was using a lower resolution.

@MandM pm me your account name and I'll send you 2m for trying to help. Thanks.

This topic may be locked.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.