Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Every Councillor should be able to make an ingame vote  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Redfire

• Senior Community Member
  • Prometheus
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Redfire
I was planning on doing an ingame vote right until I was informed that only the top 5 most voted candidates are able to. There is no reason at all to keep the ingame voting ability for the top 5, we are all working equally on the development of the server.

Not to mention the fact that I have to contact one of the top 5 councillors every single time I want to make an ingame vote is rather absurd.

Therefore, I am suggesting to give every councillor the ability to make an ingame vote.
« Last Edit: 08 06, 2019, 05:08:04 pm by Arran »
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline noD3

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
Re: [PROPOSAL] Every Councillor should be able to make an ingame vote
« Reply #1 on: 04 06, 2019, 05:47:03 pm »
Here is the suggestion I have proposed last month so that only Top 5 should be able to do team votes >> https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=338339.0

I won't re-post arguments there so please If you wish it to be changed provide your arguments why It shouldn't be done like this

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
« Reply #2 on: 04 06, 2019, 06:06:16 pm »
Your argument is: "if all 20 councillors will have an access to this this can be easily over used and abused".

We are now 14 councillors. The ingame vote would take place in different sides (law, civ, crim) due to the fact that we all aren't representing the exact same side. Already here, there would actually be less ingame votes than you'd think. I strongly doubt it will be over used.

Honestly, I don't see how this would be abused. Even if one of the councillors decided to "abuse", he is not working for the interest of the server development, and could easily be handled with a ban, simple.

My argument: it takes too much time, having to bother others, the top 5 councillors wont always be ingame and wont always have time.
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline noD3

« Reply #3 on: 04 06, 2019, 06:12:07 pm »
The ingame vote would take place in different sides (law, civ, crim) due to the fact that we all aren't representing the exact same side.
We are representing the community, not a side.

My argument: it takes too much time, having to bother others, the top 5 councillors wont always be ingame and wont always have time.

Yes I agree on that one, the feature is not that used and It would be handy for every councillor an ability to use that since sometimes you need a vote for a specific topic but there is no one there to assist and cast a team vote for you.

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
« Reply #4 on: 04 06, 2019, 06:18:32 pm »
We are representing the community, not a side.

Different councillors are representing different sides: we have a very experienced LV player who has become a councillor. Wouldn't it make sense for him to work on LV, and try and improve it, or should someone like me who has spent most of him time in law side do it?

As a councillor I do not represent sides like civilian, criminal or LV because that is not my field of experience. You see, it wouldn't make sense for me to start changing a specific side I have barely experienced.

Offline noD3

« Reply #5 on: 04 06, 2019, 06:27:22 pm »
Different councillors are representing different sides: we have a very experienced LV player who has become a councillor. Wouldn't it make sense for him to work on LV, and try and improve it, or should someone like me who has spent most of him time in law side do it?

As a councillor I do not represent sides like civilian, criminal or LV because that is not my field of experience. You see, it wouldn't make sense for me to start changing a specific side I have barely experienced.
Because you do not like or play in LV your opinion and ideas are more valuable than someone who is so called "very experienced LV Player" because you can provide the reason why you don't like to play there and what should be changed so that you would be able to compete there.

This duty is for the players elected by the community to represent the community and give ideas on every aspect of them, LV Turfing, CnR , Civilians and others. When it comes to voting you have to state YOUR opinion and not the opinion of so called "very experienced LV player" because the proposals will get accepted only if OUR Councillors votings will be positive.

Cut it off by splitting the community into different sides, because there are none and we all play in the same server, let's stop going offtopic and let's discuss your actual proposal.

I guess there is no harm in doing that since the amount of councillors has lowered and I highly doubt any of us would abuse that feature, the feature is able to provide some important feedback from the players and I agree that the access should be given to every councillor.

:thumb:

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #6 on: 04 06, 2019, 09:54:27 pm »
Agreed.  :tick:

My suggestions are mostly based on LV and therefore I need to know the opinions of LV players. Not everyone responds in the teamchat so it's better if we allow all councillors to use this command.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Ariana

• Donator L3
  • Ingame: Ariana
  • Squad: SAAS
« Reply #7 on: 04 06, 2019, 11:30:53 pm »
To be honest theres never more than 4 councillors online so I doubt this would ever be spammed. I think its useless anyway because only 10 people ever respond to it...

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
« Reply #8 on: 05 06, 2019, 09:18:18 pm »
To be honest theres never more than 4 councillors online so I doubt this would ever be spammed. I think its useless anyway because only 10 people ever respond to it...

Yeah indeed, no way this would be spammed.

I don't think it is useless, I had 33 people respond to it yesterday. You could do a vote two times a day at different time about the same suggestion just to get more opinions.
« Last Edit: 05 06, 2019, 09:26:41 pm by Redfire »

Offline Shogun

• The Shogunate
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: Bikers MC
Re: [VOTE] Every Councillor should be able to make an ingame vote
« Reply #9 on: 05 06, 2019, 09:51:15 pm »
We are here to work as a team in order to find solutions for a better CIT, and the current system of allowing top 5 to start a vote isn't right.

We are all councilors, and we should all have the same access. :tick:
Ex. L3 Staff, HCB and CEM.
Bikers forever, forever Bikers.
Thank you for the good times y'all.

Offline RaMoS

• Group: HazardClique
« Reply #10 on: 05 06, 2019, 11:38:21 pm »
We are here to work as a team in order to find solutions for a better CIT, and the current system of allowing top 5 to start a vote isn't right.

We are all councilors, and we should all have the same access. :tick:
^ That's what I was trying to say  :tick:

Offline CooLDuDe

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Ingame: CooLDuDe
« Reply #11 on: 06 06, 2019, 06:12:47 am »
 :tick:

The points are already stated above. It's not like there are 10 councillors online at the same time, so I don't think it would really be spammed.
Additionally, it would help every councillor get an idea if the community wants it.
The only problem is, only about 20-30 people actually vote in teamvotes.

Offline TheHacker

• New Community Member
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: 1337
  • Squad: Vainglory
« Reply #12 on: 06 06, 2019, 07:53:38 am »

Doesn't makes sense why it is made for only Top 5 highest voted Councillors, the access should be given to all the current Councillors, so that they can take players' opinions.
im going to get TheGaymer kicked too
sooo dont worry

Offline They SeeMi Rollin'

• New Community Member
  • Gift from the Moon
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: SeeMi
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #13 on: 06 06, 2019, 07:56:27 am »
I've noticed most of the time cllrs are busy on forum fon their duties, so it is good to be able to have access for all councillors.
expect the unexpected

Offline noD3

« Reply #14 on: 06 06, 2019, 02:33:10 pm »
 :tick: When I proposed initially I thought that feature is going to be widely used and might result in a spam, but now I can see that the feature won't be spammed by 14 councillors , It will provide some data to their proposals and statistics .