Author Topic: [Arran] New command for players who are under 20H.  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Barcode

• Senior Community Member
  • There is a first time for everything
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Avida Company
  • Ingame: Barcode
  • Squad: The_Society
Re: New command for players who are under 20H.
« Reply #15 on: 17 11, 2020, 04:32:53 pm »
Well, Lots of newbie have this problem and If this command added, it would be beneficial for newbies. Moreover they don't get kill score thanks to this way and they can try all job easily. It is harmless so my vote is positive.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #16 on: 17 11, 2020, 04:55:50 pm »
The thing is, making everything oversimplified for the newbies will make them disappointed and upset whenever they get above 20hours and when they see they cannot use the same thing and they don't have the same comfort as they did, there's a chance for them to get demotivated from the whole CnR and quit it. Every newbie should learn things by asking and get himself used to the community that's why we have support cht and that's why too many senior players are wasting their time answering in support and that's why we've guiders as not all the players can speak English. That's enough for a newbie, giving more advantages to them will make them demotivated from the community whenever they pass the limit of being able to use a feature which is only for newbies. Every newbie should get use to the CnR and how it works. We shouldn't baby them. If someone fails to understand one of the very basic things then he has many ways to figure it out which I stated above and below
/sup
/helpme
F1 menu (which answers 95% of the questions)

I'm more than 100% sure these give the newbie more than enough explanations of how to get a job.
Locked.
« Last Edit: 17 11, 2020, 05:06:06 pm by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #17 on: 17 11, 2020, 05:09:24 pm »
The thing is, making everything oversimplified for the newbies will make them disappointed and upset whenever they get above 20hours and when they see they cannot use the same thing and they don't have the same comfort as they did, there's a chance for them to get demotivated from the whole CnR and quit it. Every newbie should learn things by asking and get himself used to the community that's why we have support cht and that's why too many senior players are wasting their time answering in support and that's why we've guiders as not all the players can speak English. That's enough for a newbie, giving more advantages to them will make them demotivated from the community whenever they pass the limit of being able to use a feature which is only for newbies. Every newbie should get use to the CnR and how it works. We shouldn't baby them. If someone fails to understand one of the very basic things then he has many ways to figure it out which I stated above and below
/sup
/helpme

I'm more than 100% sure these give the newbie more than enough explanations of how to get a job.
Locked.

Where does it say that as board moderator you can lock any suggestion based on your sole opinion?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #18 on: 17 11, 2020, 05:35:04 pm »
Where does it say that as board moderator you can lock any suggestion based on your sole opinion?
Apparently this suggestion looks helpful but in fact if someone fails to understand the very basic task despite of having the features (helpme, sup and F1 menu) then there's a little chance of him figuring out that in the first place there's a command called /gojob then even if a newbie understand the existence of this command as long as he wont be able to use it whenever he hits 20 hours at this point he will have a feeling of discomfort which doesn't really do much good to his motivation that can be considered as only one of the harms of this suggestion as I already mentioned newbies should get used to the community and put effort to learn. Learning requires effort. Not to mention this suggestion also revokes the opportunity from the newbie to keep searching and finding new stuff which improves the laziness of the newbies. Thousands of players have played on this server so far and each of us had our own ways of finding out the interesting points. Which will overall improve the laziness all over the community. This suggestions looks too trivial and unnecessary despite of having some negative points for the future. That's your server, if you want to add something you've the freedom to add anything you want and I don't interfere. But if I see that a suggestion is likely to cause harm or way too trivial I will state my points and if needed I will lock it. It doesn't have to say anywhere, that's what it has been since years. Suggestions are likely to get locked if they will be the causes of the future problems or will directly aim some of the excitements of the server or way too trivial.
That's not the end, if the creator of the suggestion wants it unlocked then he has the freedom to SMS any moderators there'll be a discussion among us and whenever we came to a conclusion the suggestion will be unlocked + to monitor the process, ex-DS moderators and the staffs will be involved.
« Last Edit: 17 11, 2020, 05:40:50 pm by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Pyxtro

• Junior Community Member
  • San Andreas Father
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Pyxtro
  • Squad: AR
« Reply #19 on: 17 11, 2020, 05:47:38 pm »
In fact, I think this suggestion may make many new players like CIT more. Because new players usually do not read the tutorial and take their steps into the open world unconsciously. In general, when we look at new players, we can see that almost all of them have no purpose. Most of the time you have come across the "Crazy MP5s". The pointless shooting at you is due to such lack of knowledge. It is not harmful to have them find a purpose the easier way. Even if he does not read the tutorial, it is enough to know that there is a "task" concept in the game using this command. I can guess you asked how to learn this command who does not read the tutorial. It is very simple, directing people to a profession with flash messages will also eliminate this problem. So I'm totally Positive Good luck !
San Andreas Father !
Everything is on your hands my son, don't screw it up !

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #20 on: 17 11, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »
there's a little chance of him figuring out that in the first place there's a command called /gojob then even if a newbie understand the existence of this command as long as he wont be able to use it whenever he hits 20 hours at this point he will have a feeling of discomfort which doesn't really do much good to his motivation that can be considered
The command could appear on his screen until he figures out and/or be included in the server tutorial so he will know that it will expire once he reaches 20h, same as VIP (I think it's mentioned somewhere). As you said yourself, he can use /helpme and Guides can instruct him to use that command too if he wants to get a job and also mention the limit.

If it's something that will improve new players' experience, then why not.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Emre

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: 17 11, 2020, 06:54:57 pm »
/sup
/helpme

Locked.
No offence but new players already how some op powers. They have free drugs and free DL in their first 20 hours. If the guides help them by saying '' You can only use this command in your first 20H.'' There won't be anything that would cause them to leave CIT and in fact making CIT easy when they begin would make them more connected. I nearly left CIT  cause of the lack of helps I got when I started.

Apparently this suggestion looks helpful but in fact if someone fails to understand the very basic task despite of having the features (helpme, sup and F1 menu) then there's a little chance of him figuring out that in the first place there's a command called /gojob then even if a newbie understand the existence of this command as long as he wont be able to use it whenever he hits 20 hours at this point he will have a feeling of discomfort which doesn't really do much good to his motivation that can be considered as only one of the harms of this suggestion as I already mentioned newbies should get used to the community and put effort to learn. Learning requires effort. Not to mention this suggestion also revokes the opportunity from the newbie to keep searching and finding new stuff which improves the laziness of the newbies. Thousands of players have played on this server so far and each of us had our own ways of finding out the interesting points. Which will overall improve the laziness all over the community. This suggestions looks too trivial and unnecessary despite of having some negative points for the future. That's your server, if you want to add something you've the freedom to add anything you want and I don't interfere. But if I see that a suggestion is likely to cause harm or way too trivial I will state my points and if needed I will lock it. It doesn't have to say anywhere, that's what it has been since years. Suggestions are likely to get locked if they will be the causes of the future problems or will directly aim some of the excitements of the server or way too trivial.
That's not the end, if the creator of the suggestion wants it unlocked then he has the freedom to SMS any moderators there'll be a discussion among us and whenever we came to a conclusion the suggestion will be unlocked + to monitor the process, ex-DS moderators and the staffs will be involved.
You got some points which I really agree. But we got a chance to make CIT better and easier not like you and other players had back in the day. CIT need more fresh blood coming in everyday and we need to keep them as much as we need them to come. They will not be using this command 7/24 in their first 20H they will just use this for 4-5 times and they will forget it since they will get used to the server.

Note: -/sup chat is useless for new players. Since they can't even search a thing in F1 and try to ask it in country chat and use team chat instead.
« Last Edit: 17 11, 2020, 07:00:05 pm by Emre »

Offline Ksz

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ksz
« Reply #22 on: 17 11, 2020, 07:11:37 pm »
Anything that can help new players needs to be added. My vote is Positive. Most of the people already voted positive which is very good to see, I mean the attention they pay for the new players. New players can't even talk properly in their country chat so don't expect them to search stuff in F1. This will only help new players and will not cause harm.
Positive :tick:
Note: New players has DL3 afaik and they can use -/rt but they don't know it.
CIT Radio - ex. CIT Radio Senior DJ
ex. Guide

Offline Ahmed?

• Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #23 on: 17 11, 2020, 07:54:12 pm »
In fact, it is good for the new players and this will also benefit them and it will reduce our annoyance and inconvenience because they also annoy many players because they take a long time to understand the jobs and so we will solve the issue of time by telling them to move to it directly and know how to use it positive
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline Resko.

• Donator L3
  • Ex SAS founder
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CODE - SAS
  • Ingame: Resko
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #24 on: 17 11, 2020, 08:39:27 pm »
I, as a normal player without being a guide, try to help players with less than 20 hours. Sometimes the language make this almost imposible, is hard to explain all the steps to reach jobs area. This command will do the first hours in game a lot easier for those new ones. The points are well described upon my vote. POSITIVE
Me arrancaron las alas dijeron vuela ahora po weon.

A socially responsible guy.

Offline MR.Beat

• Global Army Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Always fight for the thing that you love
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA / ECU
  • Ingame: MR.Beat
« Reply #25 on: 17 11, 2020, 10:01:23 pm »
I'm Positive, because I bet that alot of new players left CIT from the past because they don't understand how CIT systems work, like how to get a job or how to teleport, so adding this command is gonna help them to teleport and get the job easily.
You will be okay, storms don't last forever
Apply for Global Army

Offline Avices

• Group: SonsOfAnarchy
« Reply #26 on: 18 11, 2020, 03:20:26 am »
they sometimes have trouble using / kill pressing the "1" button to get them to teleport to the Employement Office
in addition new to command / getjob, which is quite helpful and will easily help them and transition to the Active Emploment Office Positive
« Last Edit: 18 11, 2020, 03:22:19 am by Avices »
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
Founding Member - WhiteBeard

Offline Axe

• New Community Member
  • abok
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #27 on: 19 11, 2020, 12:46:45 am »
I've experienced this a lot while being guider a few months ago, many newbies sending tickets asking how to get X job I have to tell them open gps and type the name of the jobs etc.. so in country chat many newbies asking how to work as X job some say '/kill and 1' which is a new player doesn't know how it works or it's difficult for him to understand the situation, such a small command like this won't harm anyone but will be beneficial for the new players and they'll like it with no doubts the restrictions emre mentioned seems good and the command won't be abused so let's give it a shot with a Positive vote.
fr

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Arran] New command for players who are under 20H.
« Reply #28 on: 23 11, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »
- If a new player is asking something like "where to get a job?" you can tell them to use '/jobs' to be warped to SF employment office. (Arran + Emre)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.