Author Topic: Cat n Trap  (Read 593 times)

Offline Arex

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Arex
Cat n Trap
« on: 28 12, 2022, 07:01:30 am »

So, guys I was working on the game Cat n Trap which is a android game. Your goal is to prevent the cat from eating the fish. It is the turn based strategy game , where your target is to eliminate the cat by making it impossible to eat the fish.
I am working on its multiplayer too, so stay tuned.

How to Play---

• Wait for the cat to make a move
  • Click on any tile to place the trap
  • Wait for the cat's next move and then place another trap
  • If cat reach the fish, you lose otherwise you win

Download the game : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FlixberryStudio.CatNTrap
« Last Edit: 29 12, 2022, 06:07:51 am by Arex »

Offline Dinçer

• nene hatun
    YearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Dincer
Re: Cat n Trap
« Reply #1 on: 04 01, 2023, 04:45:51 pm »
Well it is good actually, creative gameplay for a mobile game, but there is some couple of pros and cons:

Cons:

1. In startup it says there is an update; but there is no update when I come over gogleplay. Even if it has any update it can be disgusting to alert at the startup for the players but it is good for you to allow players to play without updating.

2. It is very easy to win actually, when I just made a mistake I can just fix the mistake in the next game, you can make it more hard to play atleast.

3. Why a cat just escapes from a mouse trap ? you can just use mouse as a character in this gameplay idk but seeing it as a mobile game it's not a problem; but no joke I liked cat's funny face.

4. Ads just like other mobile games, you can at least show ads per 2 level I mean decrease the chance of showing ads.

5. Doing same thing every gameplay, you can fix this by letting us to play cat as a character and AI to play as a mouse trap placer.

6. There is no any settings panel to use. Atleast just put a volume switcher.

Pros: Well, as I have said the gameplay is creative and reminds me of chess. Seeing this as your probably first game well it is good, it can be very good with updates.

« Last Edit: 04 01, 2023, 04:49:17 pm by Dincer »
Anlayana...

Offline Arex

« Reply #2 on: 08 01, 2023, 03:50:23 am »
@Dincer 
1) there was some issue in my server, Fixed

2)And yeah its easy , because first levels are supposed to be easy (more levels on the way)

3)Well if you watch Tom n Jerry, Tom got hurt of mouse than that of jerry

4)I have decreased it, check new update which I recently added

5)yeah, I plan to add the opposite feature too , so we play as cat

6) Sorry, didn't  understand, can you explain?

Note: Nope , its  not my first game but my first stragety game and first game which I published myself, otherwise I was freelance before

Also, difficulty depends on number tiles the game has, the difficulty grows with n-tiles but I put it under the hyper casual ecosystem, which restrict me to use potrait , thus can't make a large environment, but I will try to do something

Also, as I grow users. I plan to add multiplayer on it as well (In which one player play as cat and other as trap)
« Last Edit: 08 01, 2023, 03:53:59 am by Arex »

Offline Dinçer

• nene hatun
    YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 09 01, 2023, 05:02:22 pm »
Hmmm, I found also a bug in the game, you can put another trap on a trap that placed before (trap on a trap) and you can do this forever.

I meant this in article 6, a panel that can be used to turn of volume, music etc...

Also, you can implement google play games into your app by this we can save our progress into the cloud. In the current version when I uninstall and install it back I lost my progress so it's disgusting.

And I know that you want to earn money with your game; but it is not a good option to force players to have internet in order to play this game, since it is a mobile game. (can be played in anywhere) uh anyway it is not a problem for me I know the reason why you are forcing players to have internet which baically you would like to show ads no matter what.
« Last Edit: 09 01, 2023, 05:23:35 pm by Dincer »
Anlayana...

Offline Arex

« Reply #4 on: 12 01, 2023, 02:55:09 pm »
yeah, I am ofcourse adding google play service, right now I am so much busy in job that's why I didn't get much time to polish it.

Thank you alot, I really appriciate your concearns

Offline Dinçer

• nene hatun
    YearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 15 01, 2023, 11:15:29 am »
Np, I don't even play games generally neither computer games nor mobile ones. It's good thing if I can help you, im not even serious I just say what I want to say you are free to ignore me if you think im wrong anyway the game is not bad it will be great in the future I believe. (i would play if there won't be too much ads and without internet connection:))

Uh, btw you can advertise your game through reddit, if you choose the right place to share your game probably somebody who is interested in mobile gaming would share his ideas, guys like who knows this sector better than me.

You can use subreddits like this one.
Anlayana...

Offline North

• SWAT Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: North
  • Squad: Vintage
« Reply #6 on: 30 01, 2023, 12:29:45 am »
Locked due to inactivity.
- Assistant Head Police Chief | Top 100 Police | Community Event Manager | Ex L2 Staff -