Author Topic: [Top] [Arran] Increasing the countdown for jetpack for the cops to 20 seconds.  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Zeky

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Increasing the countdown for jetpack for the cops to 30 seconds.
« Reply #15 on: 18 10, 2020, 05:50:17 am »
A wanted criminal can never use jetpack until he dies and loses his wanted level while a cop can use it to avoid a fight easily. This is suggestion is not saying that disallow cops from using jetpack forever, it says that if a cops was hurt recently, he should wait for 20 seconds to be able to use jetpack again and this makes the fight a little more balanced. I vote positive.

I will have to agree with Mukhtar on this one, it's completely frustrating when you're trying to fight someone whether it be criminal or cop and they decide to run away and hide, however, what makes it worse is allowing for cops to deploy a jetpack and run while the criminal can't due to his wanted level. In my opinion, to make it fair, I will suggest to make it if there's a wanted player nearby within a certain distance, cops cannot deploy their jetpack however they can still spawn their vehicles just like criminals still can however need to wait 10 seconds due to their wanted level which is fair, this will totally balance it out for both criminal and law. I think the only way to balance it out is to have this implemented so it is difficult for either side whether it be law or criminals to escape from a fight.
Juice WRLD 999

Offline Barcode

• Senior Community Member
  • There is a first time for everything
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Avida Company
  • Ingame: Barcode
  • Squad: The_Society
Hello Axe,
There was a suggestion like that but people didnt care of them. 20 second is fair enough because especially in AR's it can be annoying. Pollice officers can abuse this and as you know wanted players can not use jetpack thats the another annoying situation. In this system law side need a nerf if we want to talk about fairness issues thats why I support your idea so My vote is positive.

Offline Vibe.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver/xCode
  • Ingame: Vibe
  • Squad: ACERules
I've experienced this annoying problem. Cops should check the surrounding area and ask themselves "Are they able to kill that wanted player?" before starting a fight with any wanted player, it will be better instead of running in the middle of the fight and use the jetpack. This is not fair for criminals because they don't do that because of the wanted level. This suggestion will increase the balance in the CnR. I believe this will reduce inconvenience, voting positive.

Offline Diamond

7 positives and 2 negatives.

The suggestion did not receive enough support in the second voting review. It should be locked by now, but, I'll mark it as top priority for the sake fairness as I wouldn't be happy if I seen such an abuse is happening, which it did meanwhile I was a criminal, and ignore it.

To also make law side satisfied about this decision I've reached to calculation with Axe to make the cooldown 20 seconds instead. Have a fair gameplay. Thank you.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
7 positives and 2 negatives.

The suggestion did not receive enough support in the second voting review. It should be locked by now, but, I'll mark it as top priority for the sake fairness as I wouldn't be happy if I seen such an abuse is happening, which it did meanwhile I was a criminal, and ignore it.

To also make law side satisfied about this decision I've reached to calculation with Axe to make the cooldown 20 seconds instead. Have a fair gameplay. Thank you.
How 'fairness' precisely? His reason to add this is absolutely 'why not add it'
.as we know after Jimmy's update gangsters should wait 30 seconds to get their Jetpack back if they was damaged in the last 30 seconds so why we don't add the same countdown for cops to bring fairness and enjoyable CnR/game.
It has been going for too long like this and there was no issue, gangsters had problems and y'all voted for it but why does it have to concern every side?

This doesn't bring more fairness either enjoyment. How is this really [TOP] when it's 5 votes? Is the whole game based on 5 players? No, it is not supported enough. I suppose you labelled it with TOP and stickied it with due to fairness, but 'fairness' has to be decided by the majority of players and not your point of view.

Offline Diamond

Because some cops attempt to take cover for 10 seconds and use jetpack to escape away from wanted criminals, that's why it concerns law side as well. What he is purposing is to fix this, and yeah he poorly suggested it without proving the audience out here when this happens by video/screenshots but I confirm it.

Top priority is not based on any specific amount of votes, just enough support, fairness is decided by the community and developer. If it's top, it doesn't mean it will get added, but checked by the developer himself to decide based on whats written in this topic if it's marked as important. Our point of view matters as well to organize suggestions, that's the job.

Top priority: Suggestions that are not about feature additions, it could be a bug but it's not a bug to be reported at QA board. Suggestions that are purposed to be fixed to bring balance into the server. More meant to be fixed as it's abusable and could ruin the balance of CnR. These suggestions will be marked as a top priority once it receives enough support, no specific vote counts are required and it'll be up to moderators to decide on it's important to be stickied or not. They will be marked with the [TOP] title.

If it had no response in two weeks it will be locked.
« Last Edit: 21 10, 2020, 11:10:14 am by Diamond »
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline TheGam3r23

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: TheGam3r23
How 'fairness' precisely? His reason to add this is absolutely 'why not add it'

No his reasoning is because cops can just run away for 10 seconds and then escape and since criminals can't use /jetpack they get away with it.

It has been going for too long like this and there was no issue, gangsters had problems and y'all voted for it but why does it have to concern every side?

How did "we all" vote for it when the post by Jimmy got 7 replies, 1 of which was a cop and 2 of which were civilians and Arran just added it. It has to be changed accordingly for the cops as well because it's being abused the same way, that's why it concerns the cop side.

This doesn't bring more fairness either enjoyment. How is this really [TOP] when it's 5 votes? Is the whole game based on 5 players? No, it is not supported enough. I suppose you labelled it with TOP and stickied it with due to fairness, but 'fairness' has to be decided by the majority of players and not your point of view.

Then why was a suggestion that changes how gangster fights turn out entirely changed because 4 gangsters, 1 cop and 2 civilians voted positively?

To conclude, it should be 20 seconds for both gangsters and cops because it's highly abusable as cops currently can escape if they run for a few seconds and because criminals can't use a jetpack when wanted it's one sided. Positive for the aforementioned reasons.
ok lemme explain about kicking thehacker

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
Because some cops attempt to take cover for 10 seconds and use jetpack to escape away from wanted criminals, that's why it concerns law side as well. What he is purposing is to fix this, and yeah he poorly suggested it without proving the audience out here when this happens by video/screenshots but I confirm it.

Top priority is not based on any specific amount of votes, just enough support, fairness is decided by the community and developer. If it's top, it doesn't mean it will get added, but checked by the developer himself to decide based on whats written in this topic if it's marked as important. Our point of view matters as well to organize suggestions, that's the job.

If it had no response in two weeks it will be locked.
It's just hilarious that there are even more supported suggestions that aren't labelled with "TOP" but to me, the community has to decide about 'fairness' in this case, not 5 players because 5 players can't represent both sides (Crim and Law) What is next? Spawning a vehicle in 20 seconds because it is fairer? I can see that it is absolutely faster to escape via a vehicle than a jetpack if you take a cover. (Spawn a vehicle and recover) your concept of fairness is really limited and I don't trust it especially if you think that this is really a top suggestion, maybe it is just bias. Btw I vote negative. That makes the suggestion 4 votes.
« Last Edit: 21 10, 2020, 03:03:52 pm by Senza »

Offline Diamond

It's for the same reason why gangsters are unable to use jetpack when damaged in the last 30 seconds, cops do that, Senza, I'm not bullshitting about fairness but I see and I judge based on that when I saw him suggesting. If you don't trust my fairness perspective, then just wait for the developer to respond, since he decided to implement it for gangsters over the same trolling reason by some players.

Votes are not everything, yet, they value each suggestion whether it's good enough to be implemented or not so. There are differences between suggestion, discussion and some suggestions being held as a top priority because ignoring it won't be a good solution to satisfy some people and such minor problems should be fixed or balanced in a way it doesn't get abused by those who attempt to escape while their target is unable to use jetpack as wanted. We gotta be fair. I understand that harms 'my side' but it is how it is for what's better. I don't like the criminal team to struggle because cops have over-advantaged against their opponents to simply escape away, heal back, and return for revenge.

The current restriction over jetpack's cooldown is not good enough to prevent a cop escaping from a wanted criminal just because he couldn't manage to win. I understand how frustrated it becomes for a wanted criminal to see his target escaping from the combat field, that's why I stand for it. Another fact is, criminals, can't spawn vehicle right away to chase the cop who has escaped, but cops can, I hope you get the fairness perspective after this explanation. Your vote after all. Thank you.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
I mean, I can't recover a vehicle when damaged in 10 seconds too, are you also going to approve some suggestion that is gonna make recovering a vehicle so hard because it is fair to you? The fair concept is really objective and requires someone like the board moderator to pick no side and deal accordingly with the suggestion with the board rules. I can also place a vehicle close to the fight and use it to escape easily than a jetpack, cops have the leverage to use jetpack anytime within the 10 secs hurting limit, wanted criminals don't, the best way to actually show me how good the idea is, is providing a video to confirm the point of this suggestion because it is even more bad to rely on theories then mark some topic as a TOP.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
- Cops will have to wait 30 seconds (like gangsters do) to equip jetpack after being last damaged. (Arran + Axe)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.