Author Topic: Ability for police team to spawn temporary custom respawn  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Yesterday I added this new MCC Truck:

Arran's idea, which I fully support, was to add the ability for the truck driver to spawn a custom spawn point for cops inside this truck's interior. You'd be able to respawn or /rt to the truck location, wherever it is.

Offline Arthur.

• Regular Community Member
  • American Dream
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Ability for police team to spawn temporary custom respawn
« Reply #1 on: 25 03, 2020, 11:04:18 am »
Do all cops have the ability to spawn or or just the PCs? And features does it have does it have a ammo storeage or buy thing just like the one in GTA 5 online DLC.
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #2 on: 25 03, 2020, 12:44:21 pm »
Do all cops have the ability to spawn or or just the PCs? And features does it have does it have a ammo storeage or buy thing just like the one in GTA 5 online DLC.
You'd be able to respawn or /rt to the truck location, wherever it is.
Probably this feature would be for +DL2, As the /rt feature is for DL2s only or above.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 25 03, 2020, 01:44:33 pm »
I wasn't thinking to add restrictions.

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
« Reply #4 on: 25 03, 2020, 03:19:19 pm »
I'm positive for it, surely handy for cops who attend CEs and anti-riots.

A nice addition to it might be giving the cop who spawned the vehicle a reward. He must be defending the vehicle instead of entering the dangerous area anyways. So perhaps SOME law points or cash per person that teleports to it would be good. This reward shouldn't be much at all so it can't be abused.

Offline YankoBG123

• New Community Member
  • Its just a game, power doesn't matter...
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Yanko
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #5 on: 25 03, 2020, 04:07:23 pm »
I like the idea, first because it won't affect the gameplay that much but at the same time, it will. I also suggest that players can glue without VIP inside of it, I bought it today and I saw that you can go inside as the Camper but you cant glue. I am also suggesting the restriction to be for official group members. Because not everyone can pay real money for games :) Have a nice day.  :tick:
Going Inactive
Yanko resigned. (02.06.2020 DeadStunter)
Added Yanko as Bulgarian Helper. (16.04.2020 MaZika + Rellic)
Ex.Global Army Leader
Yanko

Offline Phorpride

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
« Reply #6 on: 25 03, 2020, 04:32:16 pm »
The truck is certainly a nice asset, but I wouldn't include any extra features. It's way too easy for cops to get back to where they just died in seconds with terribly fast vehicles and the transportation feature. I therefore think it would be better not to give cops even more options to transport even faster. Being a cop is already terrible easy... it isn't fun to play without challenges.
bureau of narcotic administration

Offline Harper

• Devoted
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Harper
« Reply #7 on: 25 03, 2020, 05:51:15 pm »
The police team has already few too many advantages on the criminal side already, allowing cops to have a the power to place a custom respawn in a specific location would not only be tragic to the CnR in general, but it will also wipe out the chances of criminals surviving in any event.

Very funny to me how most of the people here would upvote this "harmless" suggestion either because its a staff suggesting this, or because maybe they're clueless of the immense destruction this small feature can do to CnR play. Stop farming posts, this leads to wrong suggestions being accepted.

Offline Vibe.

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver/xCode
  • Ingame: Vibe
  • Squad: ACERules
« Reply #8 on: 25 03, 2020, 05:57:59 pm »
Cops will abuse it. Imagine a criminal is robbing a store and a cop came with this car, do you think the criminal will survive? Then why you removed the apartment system and now you are giving the same advantage but for cops only. Not to mention that they will come to the ARs so fast and they will clear it easily, this car will distory the CnR and you will find the criminals either suggesting to have a car like this for criminal side or they will demand to remove it.

Offline Texas.Mello

• New Community Member
  • When we hunt, we kill. No one is safe.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 25 03, 2020, 06:05:14 pm »
this truck  :cry: Cops are abusing this truck we cant save our life with this truck if Criminals robbing stores Cops use this and dead and they fast re spawn in that truck please remove this truck this is not good Crim side That truck give more power to Copsito.
or,
That truck can place only PC for attack riot only can't use this normal cops and with some far from Riot area . I can't vote this for Positive there for negative sorry.
We are Sinhalese from a generation that exterminated the Portuguese, the English and the Dutch.
we never give up ,Proud to be a Sri Lankan

Offline Charly

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: [ICM]Charly
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
« Reply #10 on: 25 03, 2020, 07:07:09 pm »
It's going to be completely OP for law side. Just as people mentioned above, it will ruin the criminals gameplay because cops will respawn too fast and it will not give criminals time to heal.

I would change the suggestion a bit and add this as a Police Chief feature instead and only available when a riot is going on.
~ police chief and mpcc trucks k1ng ~

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #11 on: 25 03, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »
I would like to say  that this is a great suggestion and I'll tell you why it's useful for law side and how criminals can get advantage from this. as this allows cops to teleport to it in CEs and in anti riot. This would help cops by allowing them to warp back to the riot area or the CE once they died and there can be a time limit for this like if used the MCC truck they'll have a time out for 30 seconds so it won't be totally abused and it'll be helpful for cops while in anti riots. I would like to point out if this is going to be used for anti riots, Brian please allow criminal bosses to place /riotwarp in riot area not just CV if this truck gets added Netrual
Brian my vote will stay Netrual if you can answer my questions I'll change it
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #12 on: 25 03, 2020, 08:00:03 pm »
I have experienced in numerous riots at CV, Prison release or riots at group bases of these groups which seemingly cant maintain a riot for more than 3 minutes if they dont keep insta-respawning at their base again and again, for example DoM or 1337, that this instant respawning at the position of the firefight is basicially the same as fighting an infinite amount of enemy waves.

Simple example:

Riot at CV, 30 criminals are hiding in the riot building, 40 cops are regrouping at LSPD and move to the riot in a helicopter.
Helicopter lands, 40 cops are fighting 30 criminals => All 20 criminals have been killed, 10 cops are still alive and while they are still fighting the remaining criminals, all the other criminals have already re-spawned a few meters behind them and are attacking the last remaining cops again, its basically 25 criminals vs 10 cops again, just a matter of seconds until the last cops are dead, and all the dead cops are miles away at LSPD.
We have cleared the CV riot map with huge anti riot attacks many times, clearing it again and again but even when you manage to kill every single target inside somehow, they have already respawned and started shooting you in the back before you even managed to reload your gun.

The issue above will probably never be fixed so maybe the feature of this suggestion might be a method to put something against endless-respawn riots, but keep in mind that the only outcome of this is that two sides with continuous instant respawn will keep fighting eachother non-stop, which is not neccessarily bad
That ofcourse is only the case if the respawn is placed near the riot, if you add restrictions and only place it far away from the firefight it would not cause issues ofcourse, but then it would also have almost no use so I think placing it far away is not how it is supposed to work in the first place

Offline Brian

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 26 03, 2020, 10:21:39 am »
Cops will abuse it. Imagine a criminal is robbing a store and a cop came with this car, do you think the criminal will survive? Then why you removed the apartment system and now you are giving the same advantage but for cops only. Not to mention that they will come to the ARs so fast and they will clear it easily, this car will distory the CnR and you will find the criminals either suggesting to have a car like this for criminal side or they will demand to remove it.

As if poor criminals don't outnumber cops 80% of the time.

Offline JimMys

• DoMinos Family Founder
  • Guide
  • Father of DoMinos_Family.
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: JimMys
« Reply #14 on: 27 03, 2020, 01:44:44 am »
CnR without cops is boring. So, this update will help copside a lot.
Positive.
Ex.DoMinos Family/HCB
Now.DoMinos Family
Future.DoMinos Family