Author Topic: Getting kicked while trying to join the server  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Punjabi

• New Community Member
  • You said you'd follow me anywhere;
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DG
  • Squad: notEasy
Getting kicked while trying to join the server
« on: 30 07, 2020, 04:26:08 pm »
I don't often play in the server much. Today I tried to join outta nowhere and ended up getting kicked with a reason ;
Disconnected: You were kicked by (VF #33 cFosSpeed NetLimit)

I don't actually understand what does this mean. I tried re installing GTA and MTA both. My internet speed is decent.

Screenshot of my speedtest ;
https://imgur.com/mqiKFDe
- wrecked_by -

Offline ViVa

• New Community Member
  • I'm in touch with humanity
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: [B13]ViVa
  • Squad: OldSchool
Re: Getting kicked while trying to join the server
« Reply #1 on: 30 07, 2020, 06:02:03 pm »
Make sure to uninstall the software properly.

Instructions:

Go to "Programs and software" in configuration panel and uninstall anything that starts (or looks like):

* "KIller Network ..."

* "Rivet Killer ..."

* "Drivers Rivet Killer Performance"

Then restart your PC and try again.

If it doesn't work yet, then try these workarounds:

2) open task manager and go to processes list, see if any of this is running:

* KillerNetworkService.exe

* KillerControlCenter.exe

If so, then it didn't get uninstalled properly.

If not uninstalled properly, then click below spoiler for more information and workarounds:

Show content
The SD kicks are being triggered due to:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\RivetNetworks\Killer\ > KfeCo10X64.sys or RfeCo10X64.sys (in some cases, the .sys file is in C:\WINDOWS\System32\)

* Note: for some versions of Windows, the .sys file can look like e.g "KfeCoW7.." or "RfeCoW7" (Windows 7), "KfeCoW8..", "RfeCoW8.." (Windows 8) etc

.. which is the software's driver for bandwidth shaping .. still being running. This driver directly applies traffic shaping rules for applications, so that's why you can get kicked for it running, and not being removed correctly.

In that case, you could try to uninstall it again, because you probably made a mistake and it didn't uninstall properly, or try one of the following methods:

1) Go to start > run > "services.msc" and find a service that starts with RfeCo and right-click it, set state to "disabled" and restart your PC.

Someone else who uninstalled it but found uninstalling didn't stop or delete the driver/service, managed to solve it in the following way:

2) download the latest version of the Killer Networking Software:

Windows 10: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-software-package-windows-10-1803/

Windows 7/ Windows 8.1: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-control-center-64-bit-for-windows-7-8-1-older-windows-10-versions/

Install this latest version after downloading it, restart your PC, then uninstall it again from Programs and software (like removing any other program). The reason would be that some older versions may not correctly remove the .sys file and service, if you uninstall the software, although we didn't confirm this problem. But as a last solution, it's worth trying.

Other than that, removing the .sys file after stopping the service (RfeCo ...) in Run > services.msc so it's no longer in use, or in safe mode is a (often too complicated) solution. But just so you know.

More information:

- Read https://updatesa.mtasa.com/sa/trouble/?tr=netlimiter

- You will only get kicked on servers that want to prohibit software of the category "Net limiter"

- Net limiters are often benign applications that are however, also capable of abuse by functioning as a lag switch.

* They allow you to reduce available bandwidth and speed on specific applications, like MTA, to cause lag deliberately.

* They may come pre-installed on your PC (by OEM) or as part of your drivers

For this reasons, servers are able to use SD #33 from MTA AC guide to block it and kick players for it. It is opt-in.

You got kicked because you're trying  to join a server that uses this special detection (which is a conscious decision from the server owner) and you're running this software or haven't disabled or removed it properly. So yeah, refer to the instructions to resolve it.

Offline Punjabi

• New Community Member
« Reply #2 on: 31 07, 2020, 02:04:33 pm »
Maybe because of the Valorant AC ? I'll try closing that and let you know.
- wrecked_by -

Offline Matt.

• Junior Community Member
  • Am I talking to me? :O
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Matt'nXs
  • Squad: NeXuS Squad
« Reply #3 on: 31 07, 2020, 02:12:01 pm »

It's not because of that. I had this problem before, and I also have valorant. Vanguard isnt the problem. You need to remove cFosSpeed, MTA bans applications that manages internet bandwith.

Someone had the same problem before, but he had NetLimiter (like me) and not cFosSpeed, but I guess they're the same.

Offline Extreme

• The Unforgiven
  • Senior Community Member
  • Don't ever take sides against the family ✖
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Camorra
« Reply #4 on: 31 07, 2020, 02:13:41 pm »
Show content
Make sure to uninstall the software properly.

Instructions:

Go to "Programs and software" in configuration panel and uninstall anything that starts (or looks like):

* "KIller Network ..."

* "Rivet Killer ..."

* "Drivers Rivet Killer Performance"

Then restart your PC and try again.

If it doesn't work yet, then try these workarounds:

2) open task manager and go to processes list, see if any of this is running:

* KillerNetworkService.exe

* KillerControlCenter.exe

If so, then it didn't get uninstalled properly.

If not uninstalled properly, then click below spoiler for more information and workarounds:

Show content
The SD kicks are being triggered due to:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\RivetNetworks\Killer\ > KfeCo10X64.sys or RfeCo10X64.sys (in some cases, the .sys file is in C:\WINDOWS\System32\)

* Note: for some versions of Windows, the .sys file can look like e.g "KfeCoW7.." or "RfeCoW7" (Windows 7), "KfeCoW8..", "RfeCoW8.." (Windows 8) etc

.. which is the software's driver for bandwidth shaping .. still being running. This driver directly applies traffic shaping rules for applications, so that's why you can get kicked for it running, and not being removed correctly.

In that case, you could try to uninstall it again, because you probably made a mistake and it didn't uninstall properly, or try one of the following methods:

1) Go to start > run > "services.msc" and find a service that starts with RfeCo and right-click it, set state to "disabled" and restart your PC.

Someone else who uninstalled it but found uninstalling didn't stop or delete the driver/service, managed to solve it in the following way:

2) download the latest version of the Killer Networking Software:

Windows 10: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-software-package-windows-10-1803/

Windows 7/ Windows 8.1: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-control-center-64-bit-for-windows-7-8-1-older-windows-10-versions/

Install this latest version after downloading it, restart your PC, then uninstall it again from Programs and software (like removing any other program). The reason would be that some older versions may not correctly remove the .sys file and service, if you uninstall the software, although we didn't confirm this problem. But as a last solution, it's worth trying.

Other than that, removing the .sys file after stopping the service (RfeCo ...) in Run > services.msc so it's no longer in use, or in safe mode is a (often too complicated) solution. But just so you know.

More information:

- Read https://updatesa.mtasa.com/sa/trouble/?tr=netlimiter

- You will only get kicked on servers that want to prohibit software of the category "Net limiter"

- Net limiters are often benign applications that are however, also capable of abuse by functioning as a lag switch.

* They allow you to reduce available bandwidth and speed on specific applications, like MTA, to cause lag deliberately.

* They may come pre-installed on your PC (by OEM) or as part of your drivers

For this reasons, servers are able to use SD #33 from MTA AC guide to block it and kick players for it. It is opt-in.

You got kicked because you're trying  to join a server that uses this special detection (which is a conscious decision from the server owner) and you're running this software or haven't disabled or removed it properly. So yeah, refer to the instructions to resolve it.

At least give credit/source to the guy who wrote this because you just copy pasted it here.

https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/121873-vf-33-netlimit-killer-networking-control-center/?tab=comments#comment-970951

Do you have some kind of net limiting program on your PC? Because I always have Riot Vanguard running in the background and it isn't causing any problems to me, so I don't think that's the issue. Check the topic on the topic on the MTA forum that I have linked above and let me know if it helps.

Offline Punjabi

• New Community Member
« Reply #5 on: 31 07, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »
Yeah I see, Vanguard isn't an issue.

Do you have some kind of net limiting program on your PC? Because I always have Riot Vanguard running in the background and it isn't causing any problems to me, so I don't think that's the issue. Check the topic on the topic on the MTA forum that I have linked above and let me know if it helps.
Nope, I don't see anything tbh. Still facing the same issue.
- wrecked_by -

Offline Punjabi

• New Community Member
« Reply #6 on: 31 07, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »
This is what I got now lol, is this somekind of joke ?
I don't have anything regarding cFosSpeed in my PC.
https://i.imgur.com/WVdX7WK.png

Sorry for double posting.
- wrecked_by -

Offline Extreme

• The Unforgiven
  • Senior Community Member
  • Don't ever take sides against the family ✖
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Camorra
« Reply #7 on: 01 08, 2020, 10:19:58 am »
(FMSG) punj: ey extreme, sorry I couldnt reply when you asked me yesterday
(FMSG) punj: and yeah I fixed the issue

Player has fixed the issue, I guess this can be locked now.