Author Topic: [++] Always showing the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place when in '/race'.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline PiNo.

• Notable & Interesting people of CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears

Suggestion: When you are in '/race', you will always be able to see the TOP 3 at the ending. Because if you finish 1st now, you won't know who finished 2nd or 3rd. And we we're playing with 15 racers today. So it's cool to know what's the top 3 every race.

Alright, let me explain it more. When you are in the race dimension, and you finish in 1st place, you will get teleported back to the normal dimension. But you will never see who finished 2nd & 3rd..  If you will be able to see who is getting the top 3 everytime, it will get more enjoyable because you know against who you are racing in the top 3.

Click on the spoiler to see an example:
Show content
Race: PiNo won first place!
Race: Extreme won second place!
Race: Brian won third place!
I want that everyone will be able to see the TOP 3 who is attending the race.

It's just a small suggestion, but I am sure this can make the 'race' dimension a bit more enjoyable from my aspect.

EDIT: We can add a '/settings' command as a few players wished that. So players can enable/disable it themselves. So it won't be a big problem for the players who doesn't really want this.
« Last Edit: 19 09, 2020, 07:45:51 pm by PiNo. »

Online xenonso

• Senior Community Member
  • 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: PA~|C|xenonso#K
  • Squad: KnockedOut
Re: Always showing the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place when in '/race'.
« Reply #1 on: 27 08, 2020, 12:01:59 am »
Hmm why not. This system existed before and it was funny to know who finished 1st 2nd 3rd. As you said this idea will make race more enjoyable so I'm voting positive.
SCM - Ex. Polish Translator - Ex. GLM - Ex. SO

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline Antonio

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Antonio
  • Squad: Sensation
« Reply #2 on: 27 08, 2020, 12:17:15 am »
I wondered many times who became 2nd or 3rd with this suggestion we can see who they are so it would be useful and brings more competition yo the race so I am voting for "Positive"

Offline Diamond

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 27 08, 2020, 12:51:33 am »
Feel free to vote without worrying about 35 words here as long as you write a few stuff because the suggestion is so obvious and there is not much to say about this since the title is already explaining the idea itself. Show your support, or don't if you dislike it by stating your reasons. :thumb:
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 27 08, 2020, 02:25:58 pm »
Damn, we've no feature like that ? I thought we got it already. Anyways, the idea is kinda good, The fun in racing system is that you know which guy you're racing, Like you guys will keep on trying to achieve the first position and tear it from them, I see no harm if this get implemented. I am supporting this idea for the reasons stated above, Good luck with other votes.

Offline fr3o0on

• Junior Community Member
  • don't stop until you are proud of yourself
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: fr3o0on
  • Squad: UndyinG
« Reply #5 on: 27 08, 2020, 02:48:54 pm »
Great idea. I wondered why we don't have this feature. Some people do not know who are the first three people who won the race, and this feature will be useful. also it will be good race system positive

Offline Combat

• The Bug Investigator
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Combat
« Reply #6 on: 27 08, 2020, 05:25:33 pm »
I noticed it also when I become a 1st placer in a /race I can't see who was the 2nd and 3rd placer, so adding this make more better since we usually expect to see who was the 2nd placer and the rest. Voting Positive.
Producers of Outstanding Innovation ~ AvidaCompany

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #7 on: 27 08, 2020, 06:42:06 pm »
I am worried about this suggestion and I think that chat will be spammed by adding this. There's always a solution. We can add a feature in /setting so players can disable it if they want to. But after all this suggestion will motivate the players and there will know that there is something called /race as most of the newbies might be unaware of the feature. After all it seems a nice feature and I am pretty sure that it'll increase the /race participants. Supporting
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline IceWolf.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 27 08, 2020, 10:00:01 pm »
Yeah I would like to Support this suggestion since its kinda useful,to know 1st / 2nd / 3rd winners I know we had it in the past but idk know why it got removed maybe annoying people? then we can add option in /settings to disable/enable it would be nice

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #9 on: 27 08, 2020, 10:10:07 pm »
Pretty logical. I was racing yesterday and I managed to win one but I what I always remembered about races is that you don't get to know the 3rd if you're 2nd and the 2nd if you are 1st if you manage to get to those positions. Its very useful when there's a challenge going on etc. It should be implemented by nature as everyone expects it to be that way.

Positive.

Offline PiNo.

• Notable & Interesting people of CIT
« Reply #10 on: 27 08, 2020, 10:36:16 pm »
First of all, thanks for your positive votes everyone. Appreciating that!

I am worried about this suggestion and I think that chat will be spammed by adding this.
Well, I don't think it will be spammed. Because you get it now as well if you finish as 3rd or lower, it's just more like you don't get it if you are 1st. So, there won't change alot. Not spammy from my aspect.

We can add a feature in /setting so players can disable it if they want to.
Yeah, that's possible. Thanks for sharing your idea! We also could add a message on top of your screen, something like this ( My editing skills are not perfect ) Click here.

Offline Addicted.

• The Institute Founder
  • Become a man of value !
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Institute
  • Ingame: Addicted
  • Squad: NeedForSpeed
« Reply #11 on: 28 08, 2020, 03:01:57 pm »
Positive, it becomes more challenging for racers, specially who are always in first places.
Be yourself. People don't have to like you, and you don't have to care.

Offline Liso

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
« Reply #12 on: 29 08, 2020, 01:09:35 am »
You already said that in the suggestion, it's simple and easy to be implemented. That feature may be somehow helpful in some situations, like racing against 7 players but all of them aren't trolling as some people do, they are taking it seriously as it requires to make their name shown in the last top three. Otherwise, since the race isn't really crowded by the players. But pretty sure, many players will automatically prefer to attend and try to win the race while there is double earnlimit which means that might encourage more players to attend the races and also by challenging the racers and make their names shown in the screen of the top three if they have won the race for sure. But would be better if it becomes choice able because some players may get annoyed from that. So a preference might be helpful in that situation. Thus, I'll be definitely supporting the suggestion.
Angel of darkness.

Offline Forager

• guest61234 ~ 83079
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Forager
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #13 on: 29 08, 2020, 06:18:04 am »
I agree. I think after you finish the race, it excluded you to that race so the update is not being displayed to the first one to finish. This is a great idea in order to know if the players behind you already reached the finish line. And yes, I think it is easy to rework. They need to update the players that joined the race from first to third placer. Another thing, if the players wanted to do race, I think they must be aware that the text will really appear because currently it appears if you were 3rd placer below. Anyways, if there will be a display settings for it, then it would be better. Positive.
Have Courage and Be Kind <3

Offline Emre

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Cluckin' Bell Founder
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Cluckin' Bell
  • Ingame: Emre
« Reply #14 on: 31 08, 2020, 03:09:08 pm »
Well when we race with friends I can't see their last positions and need to ask them which takes more than other race's cooldown. Adding this would make people see them easily not to ask from their friends.And it is easy to add this to game.But instead of just positions adding the prize that winners would make it more useful. My vote is Positive :tick: