Author Topic: [+] Being able to search in GPS without selecting a category.  (Read 989 times)

Offline Blue.

• Community Event Manager
    YearsYears
  • Group: TR
  • Ingame: Blue
  • Squad: CCC
So, I will try to make this as simple and understandable for everyone as possible. If you try to search for a specific location, let's say the miner job in Jefferson, LS, as an example, without selecting the "Jobs" as a category for your search, it comes out with nothing. On the other side, when you specify one, it comes out with results.

With a category specified

With no category specified

I'm suggesting this because it sometimes gets confusing, especially for new players. Sometimes you don't know what category you have to choose. I guess it will cause no harm, and at least it will help players, especially new ones.
« Last Edit: 26 09, 2022, 03:38:10 am by TwCafe »
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. CIT News Administrator & Honorable
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Being able to search in GPS without selecting a category.
« Reply #1 on: 19 09, 2022, 02:24:59 pm »
You wanna find a job, you choose the jobs category... how exactly is this confusing?
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #2 on: 19 09, 2022, 02:34:41 pm »
You wanna find a job, you choose the jobs category... how exactly is this confusing?
It'd be easier if the search was global instead of having to choose the category, the search bar is kinda useless if we're still going to choose the category, therefore my vote is Positive on this suggestion.

:tick:
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Blue.

YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 19 09, 2022, 02:41:04 pm »
It's not about jobs only, another example, a player/new player wants to go to JFM, and he doesn't know where is JFM nor what it stands for, so he will have to go through every category searching for it, which is clearly might be disturbing imo. What I am trying to say is that it will surely help in endless different situations, so why not?
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Krakenizer

• Donator L1
  • видимо доволни
    Years
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: vinnie
« Reply #4 on: 19 09, 2022, 03:32:29 pm »
NEGATIVE

Keep it as it is. with categorized tabs for each section, the GPS is more organized and clean.

Offline Blue.

YearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 19 09, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
NEGATIVE

Keep it as it is. with categorized tabs for each section, the GPS is more organized and clean.
You literally voted on something that isn't even mentioned nor suggested.
Who said that categories will get removed or even suggested it? What wasn't clear in making the search "global" to you?
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Krakenizer

• Donator L1
  • видимо доволни
    Years
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: vinnie
« Reply #6 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:11:43 pm »
You literally voted on something that isn't even mentioned nor suggested.
Who said that categories will get removed or even suggested it? What wasn't clear in making the search "global" to you?

My bad, I thought you wanna remove the whole categorized tabs and revert to the old GPS system, but don't you think when you search for what you need, without diving into each categorized tab, doesn't it mean that the categories thing would technically be removed too? people can just give themselves time to learn where is where and adapt to new systems.

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
« Reply #7 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:31:22 pm »
this wasn't there before, and the truth is that it was very useful, I don't know why this category was added, I suppose to be able to find a place in a section, but I still don't think it's a bad thing that this goes back to the way it was before, it will be faster and more efficient, but I don't know if all the categories should be eliminated or only those of the jobs as it is said in the suggestion, also positive vote for this  :tick:

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #8 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:31:30 pm »

My bad, I thought you wanna remove the whole categorized tabs and revert to the old GPS system, but don't you think when you search for what you need, without diving into each categorized tab, doesn't it mean that the categories thing would technically be removed too? people can just give themselves time to learn where is where and adapt to new systems.
Categories are made to organize types of places, search bar is used to search for a specific location, search bar is kinda unused because it requires us to get into a category first, but what if I don't know what category is the location at ?
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Blue.

YearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:32:18 pm »

Nope, it doesn't. It just gives players options on how to find a specific location, if he doesn't know in which category it belongs, he can search for it, or he can find it by selecting the category where it belongs and look for it. Make them do it the way they want. Simple as that. Keep in mind that new players will have a huge difficulty adapting and knowing where every location belongs, so why not make it easier for them?
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Blue.

YearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:34:54 pm »
but I don't know if all the categories should be eliminated or only those of the jobs as it is said in the suggestion,
No, categories don't get removed, they stay. The suggestion is about making the search "global" so you can search for something without being obligated to select a category.
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:36:45 pm »
I totally agree, I always forget that the search function doesn't work as it should and end up typing something in it expecting a result; it is so annoying that I have to click a category to be able to use the search function. I'm voting positive, this would be quite useful.

Then what's the point of having a search bar in the panel? When I came back to the server I got very confused with all the armed robberies and criminal events, and I kept using the command to find their locations. But then it got confusing because I couldn't get the right initials, so I had to use the panel, and the first thing I did was use the search bar, which didn't work as it should. Clicking the "Armed Robberies" or "Criminal Events" category made everything confusing because the list is literally a bunch of names and letters, and they are not in an alphabetical order. The search function should be "global" and let people search for anything without having to click one of the categories first.

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #12 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:46:29 pm »
This has been annoying me for a while too

Offline Brodax

• FBI Leader
  • Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Brodax
« Reply #13 on: 19 09, 2022, 04:59:29 pm »
~Since 2011
-----------
Honorable and Ex. DDIR of FBI

Offline Conroy

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Ingame: Conroy
« Reply #14 on: 19 09, 2022, 07:27:21 pm »
This will make it more easier to find a specific location, will be useful for the new players as well, voting positive.  :tick:
"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." - Dwight D. Eisenhower